Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 16:07   #46
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Ahmedabad

Some good suggestions above. Let me list a few of my favourites to confuse you with more options:

For Gujarati thali, I liked Rajwadu. One has to book a table before going there especially during weekends. It's similar to Vishala but I found the food better.

There's a place for Kathiwadi food called Bandhan. I love their Masala Khichdi and Lehsuni Bataka.

If time permits, try Swati Snacks. I would recommend Panki Chatni, Falafel and Baked Masala Khichdi.

For Non-veg, there's a place that I used to frequent when I lived in Ahmedabad for a year. Try Magic Chicken. It's near Sarkhej and very functional so, don't expect clean & comfortable place to sit. Extremely limited menu but I still remember the taste even after 2 years.

BBQ Nation is same as anywhere else in India so, I wouldn't recommend it because you will not miss it. If you are not able to eat in Ahmedabad, you can eat at BBQ nation in some other city. Food will taste almost similar (if not same).

Pleasure Trove is good but extremely spicy so, if you are planning a long drive the next day, I wouldn't recommend it.

Mirch Masala and Awadh Puri are decent options too. If you feel hungry at odd hours and want to eat something that has animal protein, try Silver Leaf. I used to go there at really odd times (2 AM, 3 AM, once at 5 AM) and enjoy the food.

Bon Appetit!
Old 24th December 2023, 19:05   #47
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I have 2 days in Ahmedabad and would like to try to good, local, vegetarian cuisine, please suggest meal options for these:

Day 1: After visits to Adalaj Step well and Gandhi Ashram, Sabarmati where can we stop for a good Lunch ?

That evening we plan to visit BAPS Swaminarayan Akshardham temple and visit the Exhibition and Water Show there, how is the Food Court at Akshardham? Or should we have dinner at some other place like the food street at Manek Chowk? Any specific recommendations there? Please suggest.

Day 2: After visits to Matrugaya, Rani Ki Vav (Patan) and Sun Temple Modhera, where can we have lunch?

Dinner that evening? Please suggest.
Old 31st December 2023, 20:31   #48
BHPian

Curly Tales made videos on this !

My Ahmedabad TL:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ahmedabad.html (Rann Ke Rang | Featuring Ahmedabad)

Most Viewed