Team-BHP - Another techie commits suicide jumping from office Building - This time from TCS
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Another techie commits suicide jumping from office Building - This time from TCS (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/64364-another-techie-commits-suicide-jumping-office-building-time-tcs-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1460871)
LOL. Sorry for saying this but your friend well....err.... needs to be a bit more smarter then blogging about his interview even before being selected or for that matter after that. Its confidential. Imagine after joining he starts blogging about the product he is working on. Commonsense?? No wonder he got rejected.

And his blog has a higher google rank...that should make him not do it at all.

We need to be careful about what we reflect on our social networking online profiles - better still don't have one. But if you have one, be smart about it.

We know about what can be blogged about, and what can't be. He was not posting the actual process, the questions or anything.What my friend posted was neither confidential nor negative. We know where to draw the line.

Besides, once you are employed, you are bound by the agreements or whatever. before that , you are not. And i agree, neither he nor I would do it again, ever.

But my point was to answer your question earlier, if people have lost jobs because of what they have posted online. And that we do have reason to be paranoid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1460841)
Apparently his blog had a higher google page rank than the company, and when people searched for the company name, his blog came up first, and their management was not very happy !

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1460923)
We know about what can be blogged about, and what can't be. He was not posting the actual process, the questions or anything.What my friend posted was neither confidential nor negative. We know where to draw the line.

Oh good that you guys are aware of the line.

But mentioning a statement as simple as Me Mr. So and So, went for an interview to company X today - is a breach of confidentiality. And it shows up tops on google.

Here the line was drawn by the firm.

And i am not even talking about his blog being read by the company he was working for while giving interviews elsewhere. LOL...

um, he blogged under a psuedonym.

Is it a breach of confidentiality? The interview info was put up on our college notice board/website for the whole world to see.

This was done as campus recruitment. Our whole college and the chaiwallah knew what was going on. There was a company banner hung outside the college for god's sake.

So we should be careful about writing something on a personal anonymous blog - something which everyone knows and talks about - because we may lose a job over it.

And you find it strange/funny that people are paranoid.

EDIT @ Spitfire. Yes, we are way OT :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1460948)
um, he blogged under a psuedonym.

Is it a breach of confidentiality? The interview info was put up on our college notice board for the whole world to see.

Ok getting clearer now. So your friend was a fresher who under a pseudonym blogged about his interview with a company who came for a campus and got rejected because of that. LOL. I appreciate the effort made by the company to verify the background of a fresher. He must have surely left clues that tied his name to the pseudonym.

Also, in a group of 10 freshers how is one much better qualified then the rest?

We are going way OT here though.

Oye! You all owe me a "F5" key.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 1460967)
Oye! You all owe me a "F5" key.

WOW it worked for so long?? Mine gave up way back when i started reading posts of one Mr Sam Kapasi. :D Now i right click and refresh - fourth mouse and counting. :D

Watch your language amitoj!

An F5 key.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

you guys need this :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1460965)

I LOL'd at this line. rl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1460965)

lets just say he's the one who taught the rest 9 for the interview. If it hadn't been for him, the rest might not have made it so far :). I'm ashamed to admit it, though we were supposed to be 'electronics engineers', more than half of us didnt know what a UART was, and the rest didn't know anything beyond the full form, much less implement one in VHDL :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 1460685)
But to link somebody's suicide to NASSCOM maintaining a skills registry is a little too rich isn't it Srikanth?

didn't we move on to bashing HR and support functions pages back in the thread. Will you catch up lol: ?

vivekiny2k, you have a superb sense of humour clap:

10 pages of posts in this thread and only a handful expressing condolences to the bereaved family of the techie....my, my...I know this is the "Shifting gears" section, but what is going on here in this thread is more than just shifting gears : the entire gear-shift lever has been pulled out of the gearbox and thrown out the window.

My condolences to the family of Vishal Yadav. May the departed soul rest in peace, and may God give the bereaved family the strength to tide over this difficult period.

WoW!! 10 pages of discussions!!! This topic has certainly had an impact.

Hope IT companies get this impact!!!.

nobody is against layoffs. It is the cost avoidance that people rail about. If cos lay off people then they incur costs in that qtr.

Some of these companies must also be facing queer situations. Ex: nowadays cell phones are very powerful. Think if some one records the conversation that happens with HR and Mgrs. ALA the tehalka. Wouldn't it be great if some one did that?

regards,
lsjey

When I read the many posts here, I can't help coming to the conclusion that there is still a lot of growing up to happen here. For those interested in getting to be more aware of how the real world in an economic sense works, may I suggest reading the Economist regularly. It is expensive, but one of the best investments one can make, even while disagreeing with some of what it says. And I am sure there are ways to get it cheaper, if one can have regular access to back issues even a couple of months after the date of the issue.