Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 12:39   #106
BANNED

Tell me, which company doesn't split attrition as voluntary and involuntary?
Old 1st September 2009, 12:45   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Tell me, which company doesn't split attrition as voluntary and involuntary?
To answer this only Indian IT Service companies listed or to be listed on exchange do so because human resource is main input.

Ever seen product company like erstwhile IFLEX or FMCG like HUL splitting the numbers or even providing them ?

Don't evade the topic that WIPRO Voluntary / involuntary attrition figures do not match with the general industry condition and thus correlate with hearsay of forced resignations to make them look voluntary.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:53   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All hearsay, johnjacob. I can question any statement's or hearsay's validity and so can you.
You expect a company to issue a press release that people were fired?

What sort of proof are you expecting us/these people to provide hrag?

Do you think that any company here would actually admit to these practices assuming that they were doing it ? Do you think an individual could produce such proof here without serious repercussions on himself/herself?

Sometimes the grapevine has a lot more truth than an official statement.

does anyone remember this little incident
Satyam Computers sacks over 30 employees- Software-News-Indiatimes - Infotech
Quote:
There were areas with certain bills where doubts over 'potential fraud' arose. For example, two of the associates might have moved their belongings together but might have submitted separate bills as showing they had moved it separately or they might have submitted false bills. We want to be above board on integrity issues."

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st September 2009 at 13:10.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:07   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Do you think that any company here would actually admit to these practices assuming that they were doing it ? Do you think an individual could produce such proof here without serious repercussions on himself/herself?

does anyone remember this little incident
Satyam Computers sacks over 30 employees- Software-News-Indiatimes - Infotech
What's wrong with you? Haven't you read the adage "Cheat for a few thousand rupees, you are a thief; Do the same involving crores and you are a business magnate"?
Old 1st September 2009, 13:10   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Don't evade the topic that WIPRO Voluntary / involuntary attrition figures do not match with the general industry condition and thus correlate with hearsay of forced resignations to make them look voluntary.
Is that the topic here? And I'm avoiding it?

Quote:

All I'm saying is: don't jump to conclusions based on what somebody's friends told him / her.

Anyway, please continue with your bashing of companies / organizations. This truly reflects the Team-BHP culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
One doesn't name companies to escape google search.
Why Samurai? Is Team-BHP scared?

Last edited by hrag : 1st September 2009 at 13:14.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:13   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All I'm saying is: don't jump to conclusions based on what somebody's friends told him / her.

Anyway, please continue with your bashing of companies / organizations. This truly reflects the Team-BHP culture.
Until these companies Act in a way as to inspire confidence and trust among their employees, The rest of us have no choice but to believe such sources, as opposed to the official versions.

To quote LaoTze
Quote:
When government is lazy and informal
The people are kind and honest;
When government is efficient and severe
The people are discontented and deceitful.

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st September 2009 at 13:15.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:13   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Lets not paint the entire community with your understanding of things. Thanks
Old 1st September 2009, 13:15   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or erase all traces of hearsay by bringing dead people back to life and ask them why they committed suicide??

Talking of press releases, I clearly remember the day when TATA Consultancy Services ( or TCS - Google search be damned) held with great fanfare, a press conference where they announced that they are a billion dollar company (in terms of revenue). Just a few days later, a glum looking CEO (not that he ever looked happy!!) wrote to the employees telling them the performance has been bad and they can expect a few cuts (or words to that effect). Bloody two faced Neutron Jacks.. I tell you.

They should all be lined up and shot .. or like they did in the recent TopGear episode, drive to the middle of the financial(or IT) district and point out to the suits, the cars they will likely be driving in the near future.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:16   #114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Lets not paint the entire community with your understanding of things. Thanks
Where were you when certain companies / organizations were being painted? Moderators' silence / eloquence also adds to the culture of a forum.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:21   #115
Senior - BHPian

What has people raising their concerns / complaints on a particular thread about their organizations got to do with culture of the entire community?
Just becasue some people don't seem to agree with you it becomes the entire community's culture?
Old 1st September 2009, 13:23   #116
BANNED

When did I say some people weren't agreeing with me? From the beginning, this thread has been about hearsay and company / org. bashing. To me, that reflects the culture of the forum.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:26   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why Samurai? Is Team-BHP scared?
No, but some of us are.
Quote:
If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him
The spirit of Cardinal Richelieu is still alive and kicking in some of these organizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
When did I say some people weren't agreeing with me? From the beginning, this thread has been about hearsay and company / org. bashing. To me, that reflects the culture of the forum.
Maybe it just reflects the culture of those who are concerned with these things . And why hearsay - I think I've already mentioned that

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st September 2009 at 13:31.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:45   #118
Senior - BHPian

Disclaimer : I am not part of the digital divide, like Gansan I belong to the minority here.

Nevertheless even in our organization we have gone through the process of "adjusting to the bad times" through a process of restructuring, pay cuts etc. I doubt if there is any organization which has not gone through this process at some time or the other more so in the last year or so.

It is only fair to say that across almost all organizations a majority of the so called voluntary seperations are never voluntary seperations, especially the ones which are part of restructuring. When my sister-in-law was going through a tough time working almost for 16 hours every day continuously coming back home around 2 and 3 in the morning, we wanted to save her from physical and mental exertion even if it means quitting the job and sitting at home (this was about a year and a half back when times were certainly better than today) only one statement from the PM / HR was enough for her to decide not to quit "You will not get a relieving letter with confirmation of the experience you put in with us".

It's not only the HR but the PM's also play a role in this so called "voluntary seperation" as all are under pressure to realise the objectives.

@ Hrishi : I don't know why you want to adopt a "Holier than thou" stance. You may beright in this instance but not to accept "IT industry may not be working ethically at all times" is in my opinion an "Ostrich in the Sand" stance.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:49   #119
Team-BHP Support

Guys relax! Everybody is entitled to their opinion, only request is to keep it logical and real. On the other hand opinions of few doesnt make the culture of this forum and to say so is unfair.

"Some" of us are from the same industry with many years on either sides of the table, our silence neednt be construed as in agreement or otherwise. This is primarily an Automotive forum and we might not want to get into heavy discussion about IT industry here, thats all. Heck we enjoy it here coz we dont have to discuss work here

Our prayers are with the family and friends of the deceased person and wish and hope this never repeats. Also this doesnt paint the whole IT industry in whatever colors, which actually is not the case.

Please continue with the discussions but please try sticking to real instances and avoid rumors and hear says, as much as possible.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:49   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
@ Hrishi : I don't know why you want to adopt a "Holier than thou" stance. You may beright in this instance but not to accept "IT industry may not be working ethically at all times" is in my opinion an "Ostrich in the Sand" stance.
Hello?!! When did I adopt a "holier than thou" stance? I'm only questioning hearsay and I have never maintained that the IT industry is completely ethical. But to link somebody's suicide to NASSCOM maintaining a skills registry is a little too rich isn't it Srikanth?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks