Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

The PF credits are always made in 2 seperate transactions as pointed out earlier by sukiwa. The ECS system of PF works quite well and I have got credited in my account as way back as 2003 when the online transactions were not as prevalent as today. Though its prudent to check the source, I am quite sure it must be the PF credits..so enjoy the money without any worries buddy.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:40   #32
BHPian

Please check the source of the fund before you spend the same. I guess by the transaction number / name your banker should be able to find out. If your banker is not able to find out, maybe you can reach the bank that has credited the amount and find out from them. It is safer to know the source because of the various scams and thefts we are reading in the papers these days.

In case you are not able to find the source, Atleast, make a record with the bank that you have got this money and want to know from whom it has come.

Then you can safely assume it's your PF money and ensoy.
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

are bhai,

aam khao, ped mat geeno.

Enjoy the credit for some time assuming its others money.
And remember, if its others money, pay advanced income tax on it i.e. @rs 15000 only before sept end.

Just kidding!!!

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 2nd September 2009 at 16:40.
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:38   #34
BHPian

It may be also possible for wrong A/C no. Some body might have put. Be also care full if it is a large amount. Some people use this facility for Black money transaction. One of my known people got few Laks transaction with out his knowledge. Just deposited and withdrawl. Later IT came into picture which make more miserable situation. So take care.
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Yes, she did give her Citibak account details and chose the option for a direct credit to her savings account. We called the bank again today and were asked to visit the SBI main branch in Bangalore to get the check details.

The problem is..we are now in Hyderabad and am not sure if we can approach the PF office here in Hyderabad to get the details of the PF account or will the details be only available in Bangalore PF office ?
Call the PF office in blore, & give them the PF number they are quite helpful & would give you all details, if you google there is also a PF website where you can check the status of your PF with the number.

or it would be the over draft, but when the Citibank guys are saying its not an overdraft you can rule out this, anyways you can make sure by calling them again.

The link for EPF India: EPF India
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:51   #36
BHPian

The deposit could be PF , since PF disbursement is always routed thru SBI and you will also receive a payment advice with your PF # mentioned thru IGS reg. post , As many had suggested make a rough calculation on your pf deduction during that period it should tally ballpark with the credit , or other solution wud be approach local PF office with your previous PF # and check on the status of disbursement .

Also you can ask your bank to provide details of the transfee which can be traced thru cheque # linked to an a/c or wire transfer linked to an a/c holder name.
Old 2nd September 2009, 21:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
It may be also possible for wrong A/C no. Some body might have put. Be also care full if it is a large amount. Some people use this facility for Black money transaction.
+1 to that.
Most likely its PF money.But it may be money deposited to a wrong account by mistake.
This is usually done in case of illegal works and mone is usually in thousands to avoid being noticed.However it may be legal money which someone wanted to tranfer to his known but got transferred to someone else by mistake.
Old 13th August 2016, 00:01   #38
BANNED

Re: Mysterious credit in my wife's Citibank account

1. This is just the company paying for leaves entitled to but not utilized.
  2. The next possibility is gratuity amount if she worked there more than 5 years.
  3. The 3 rd possibility is the annual bonus either in full or remainder of it; Some companies break up your bonus over 2 months;
  4. One more possibility is reimbursement of medical bills or LTA amounts;
PF dept. is not aware of your existence and your money won't come to you unless you specifically apply for it if unemployed > 60 days.

If you don't feel comfortable holding on to the money, I can hold on to it.

Last edited by hangover : 13th August 2016 at 00:07.
Old 13th August 2016, 00:09   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mysterious credit in my wife's Citibank account

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
If you don't feel comfortable holding on to the money, I can hold on to it.
Not sure if that would be possible .. 7 years is awfully long enough to spend it - and many times over too

note: You have dug up a 2009-wala thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks