Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:02   #1
BHPian

Long term car parking at RGIA Hyderabad

Folks, I tried to search for some long term parking information at RGIA, but couldn't locate any, Hence I am posting this here.

Has anybody used the long term car parking facility at RGIA recently, 2-3 days or more. Basically wanted to know if it is safe to do it.

Appreciate any information in this regard
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:56   #2
BHPian

Yes, i think it is.

I have parked my car for about 24 hours there while I was visiting Madras. It is pretty safe. Just do the usaul drill of taking your stereo out, dont leave any belongings inside that are clearly visible and you should be fine. They even have several security cameras to monitor what is happening 24x7. Finally, it is totally worth the price since you dont have to take a cab back into the city
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:04   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

@Disco, you forgot to mention the pricing aspect which can helpful to a lot of other possible users
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:09   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Disco, you forgot to mention the pricing aspect which can helpful to a lot of other possible users

HIA - Media Information - Press Releases

Cab ride from Airport to the entrance of the Outer Ring Road is about Rs.550 (plus where ever you have to go till). So it works out if you plan on leaving it there for 24-48 hours.

Hope this helps
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:42   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
HIA - Media Information - Press Releases

Cab ride from Airport to the entrance of the Outer Ring Road is about Rs.550 (plus where ever you have to go till). So it works out if you plan on leaving it there for 24-48 hours.

Hope this helps
'course

I assume for each subsequent day of parking they charge the same amount i.e Rs.250.
Old 28th December 2012, 22:07   #6
BHPian

Re: Long term car parking at RGIA Hyderabad

I am flying from Hyderabad to Dubai on the 31st December and will be returning on the 5th of January i.e., 6 days in total. I called the RGIA today to inquire about the parking charges and they told me that it will be Rs. 300/- for the first 24 hours and Rs. 200/- for every subsequent 24 hours. So it will be Rs. 1300/- for six days. I live about 250 kms away from the RGIA and a taxi to and fro will cost me about Rs. 10,000/-. My total fuel cost will be Rs. 2500/- and parking charges will be Rs. 1300/- i.e., total expenses will be Rs. 3800/- and the savings will be Rs. 6200/-. Please suggest me if its a good idea to take my own vehicle and park there or should I take a taxi from my place.
Old 28th December 2012, 22:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
I am flying from Hyderabad to Dubai on the 31st December and will be returning on the 5th of January i.e., 6 days in total. I called the RGIA today to inquire about the parking charges and they told me that it will be Rs. 300/- for the first 24 hours and Rs. 200/- for every subsequent 24 hours. So it will be Rs. 1300/- for six days. I live about 250 kms away from the RGIA and a taxi to and fro will cost me about Rs. 10,000/-. My total fuel cost will be Rs. 2500/- and parking charges will be Rs. 1300/- i.e., total expenses will be Rs. 3800/- and the savings will be Rs. 6200/-. Please suggest me if its a good idea to take my own vehicle and park there or should I take a taxi from my place.
It is your call. I assume you are going on an official trip, in which case it might make sense to take a taxi. At least you will avoid the strain of driving to and fro, and this is more felt after a long, tiresome flight.
Old 30th November 2013, 21:48   #8
Team-BHP Support

Anyone used this in the recent past.

I have a 2 day trip coming up shorty and think parking my car for 48 hours is better than taking a cab or bus.
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Anyone used this in the recent past.

I have a 2 day trip coming up shorty and think parking my car for 48 hours is better than taking a cab or bus.
Details as per their website:

http://www.hyderabad.aero/to-from-airport.aspx?tab=car
Old 4th December 2013, 22:27   #10
Team-BHP Support

I parked my car on Monday. The long term parking is a separate and well marked area.
There were a couple of cars parked there and they all looked clean.

Today i.e. Wednesday, I returned and found my car just as I left it.
Long term car parking at RGIA Hyderabad-car-medium.jpg

Paid Rs 700 as parking charges and received a bill as well.

Some Points:
There are no trolleys available.
If you have luggage be prepared to carry it along or walking twice.
The parking is beside the go-karting place, so its a decent walk to the airport.
I did not spot any security camera's keeping an eye on these cars. :(
I would repeat this if I was travelling on a short trip.
Old 7th December 2013, 10:39   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The parking is beside the go-karting place, so its a decent walk to the airport. I did not spot any security camera's keeping an eye on these cars. :(
I parked my car couple of times in the past in the normal area next to that McDonalds restaurant. Closest to the airport. Never actually know that there are dedicated slots for long term parking. And since that area is more happening in terms of cars coming and leaving frequently, it might be even more secure in that respect. I tried 3-4 days max with no issues ever. They simply charge you on the basis of ticket issued, they don't care whether you are there for long term or parked your vehicle in the long term designated slots. So next time you can use the normal slots and it should be fine.
Old 7th March 2014, 12:04   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
I parked my car couple of times in the past in the normal area next to that McDonalds restaurant. Closest to the airport. Never actually know that there are dedicated slots for long term parking. And since that area is more happening in terms of cars coming and leaving frequently, it might be even more secure in that respect. So next time you can use the normal slots and it should be fine.
Thanks for that Satpal. Please help with the below.

- How do I reach the parking area? I will be approaching from Gachibowli ORR?
I am traveling with parents, parking closest to departures would be easy for my mom to walk (if required).
- Do we have a shuttle between this parking and departure terminal (esp. around 5 AM and 10 PM)? I heard they are offering valet parking, how safe is that?
Old 7th March 2014, 15:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post

I am traveling with parents, parking closest to departures would be easy for my mom to walk (if required).
- Do we have a shuttle between this parking and departure terminal (esp. around 5 AM and 10 PM)? I heard they are offering valet parking, how safe is that?
The entire parking lot has a common entrance, so after entering the parking premises by taking a ticket from the automated counter at the barricade, drive straight till you pass the middle of the airport terminal, then take a left towards the terminal's arrival area. McDonald's is easy to spot, so park as close to it as possible.

After alighting, take the escalator near McD to Arrivals one floor above, or to Departures 2 floors above.
Old 7th March 2014, 15:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post

- Parking area is just next to the Airport. Once you take the turn to enter into the arrival, departure bridge.. just before that on the right side you'll see the parking area. Enter into that area and go towards the exit of it.. just before the exit you'll see a side road going towards left.. that road will take you to the area which is closer to Airport building.

Name:  HydAirportParking.png
Views: 68316
Size:  58.7 KB

- No shuttle required from that area.. just use escalators/lift to go to the respective area - arrival or departure.
- No idea on the Valet service. If this is something govern by Airport then it should be good and hassle free although you may have to pay the premium over regular price.
Old 10th March 2014, 10:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
- Parking area is just next to the Airport.
Satpal, thanks very much for the prompt and detailed response. Your directions were quite helpful. Used the same, parked under tree shade closest to the terminal. Paid Rs 500 from 5 AM till 11 PM next day, quite good and comfortable.

I believe they do not charge anything extra for valet and must be looked after by airport, at least I was told so by them. I was not comfortable leaving my car keys with them over night.

Last edited by BusyBoyKK : 10th March 2014 at 10:55. Reason: Valet parking

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks