Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 21:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Now this is likely to turn into a 'fight for infant car seat' thread very soon. So, even if someone agrees to donate, I really doubt if I can get that in one piece. So, in love of my brothern and the country, I withdraw my wishes and dream for owning one FREE ! All the best to everyone else !

BEN, I am searching for you to keep my word !!!

Last edited by shajufx : 8th September 2009 at 21:28.
Old 10th September 2009, 00:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
For which age bracket are child seats recommended? Can it be fitted and removed on a day to day basis? Where can I buy one in Delhi?
until the child is ready to use the regular seat belt, he needs a child seat. till one year/20 pounds it has to be rear facing, till around 40 pounds front facing. after which you can just use a booster which has sockets to place the belt properly on his torso. otherwise he can get strangled if the belt passes over his neck.

the booster and rear facing seat can be quickly removed because they use the car seat belt. I anchor the front facing seat firmly with LATCH system so it's painful to remove even once an year
Old 10th September 2009, 20:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Car seat is good from 6 months to 2 years and then the next size up upto 5 years. I had bought one from Mothercare at Shoppers Stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
until the child is ready to use the regular seat belt, he needs a child seat. till one year/20 pounds it has to be rear facing, till around 40 pounds front facing.
Thanks scooby05 and vivekiny2k for the responses. Now, even if I were to get one, I wonder whether my restless son will like to be confined within a child seat.
Old 10th September 2009, 22:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Thanks scooby05 and vivekiny2k for the responses. Now, even if I were to get one, I wonder whether my restless son will like to be confined within a child seat.
all of us go thru that battle. better teach him discipline of the seat belt now. my 3.5 yr old now climbs in his own seat and even tries to buckle himself up. back in the days he always wanted to stand up and watch the cars. very difficult.
Old 10th September 2009, 23:56   #20
BHPian

Start planning for the "next one"!

Old 11th September 2009, 18:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

My elder daughter has almost got the habit of putting a regular seat belt in the rear seat now but it still depends upon her mood. She is 3.5. Now i need the car seat to be put in place on the rear bench for my 2nd angel who was born this Thursday and hopefully having the lil sis strapped in will prompt even the elder one into using seat belts on a regular basis.
Old 12th September 2009, 12:51   #22
BHPian

Have more kids till the seat wears out so you "vasool" your money
Old 12th September 2009, 17:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
My elder daughter has almost got the habit of putting a regular seat belt in the rear seat now but it still depends upon her mood. She is 3.5. Now i need the car seat to be put in place on the rear bench for my 2nd angel who was born this Thursday and hopefully having the lil sis strapped in will prompt even the elder one into using seat belts on a regular basis.
Congrats on becoming a dad again wanderernomad!

Please be aware that a seatbelt is designed for an adult. The idea is to fasten the seatbelt over ones shoulder and thighs. But it is unfit for small children as it is slung over their necks. Kids could slide out from under the seat belt in an accident or even worse, result in injury caused by the seatbelt itself.
Old 13th September 2009, 13:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

@Maser : thanks for the wishes mate. I am using the rear middle one which sort of loops over the thighs so no issues of it going around the neck. Plus since its only over the thighs she is slightly more agreeable for it.

Most Viewed