Team-BHP - What do you do with Infant Car seats once the toddler has grown up?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   What do you do with Infant Car seats once the toddler has grown up? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/65012-what-do-you-do-infant-car-seats-once-toddler-has-grown-up.html)

Many of us have had car seats installed for our kids. I had one too but unfortunately lost it during transfer. But I wonder what do we do with them once we no longer require it? Another reason for asking this is that in case you guys sell/donate the same I would like to have one as I need one now and dont want to put in around 5K for something that I wont be needing again.
So what use have you put your old unused car seat to?

I gave mine to friends who gave them to their friends. Our Britax for exmaple has survived 2 kids and is now being used by a 3rd kid. Our Graco also survived our son and the couple we gave it to has used it for botht their kids.

Perhaps some mention on safety standards in infant car seat design would be useful. After all they are meant for some serious business :)

I am on the lookout for a second hand child seat for my little one right now. Had posted about the same in the Classifieds but didnt receive any response.

I think that most people just pass it on to friends and relatives - either give them free or as a second-hand sale.

give them away free to friends and relatives or to an orphanage/ charity

Dear wanderernomad,

I think even if you ouldn't get a used car seat, it is worth spending 5k for the safety of your kid.

I like to highighten the very much neglected aspect of child safety. How safe are our children on these roads?

Statistics show that there is a dramatic rise in child road deaths and injuries in recent years in particular. In every accident, children are especially at risk.

By letting children travel loose in cars, parents and caretakers expose them daily to the risk of sudden violent death. No matter what car you drive and how carefully you drive it, remember it will be another driver that hits you. The simple law of physics dictates that, upon impact, even at low speeds, your unsecured child will fly through the air, like a bullet through the glass to certain death on the road or suffer devastating head or spinal cord trauma from hurtling like a pinball around inside the car. Brain or spinal cord injury is a life sentence for the entire family.

Groups like ours should play an active role in spreading the message of child safety and create awareness among the public. We, ourselves should act as role models.
Many among the public look upon child seats as some form of luxury and many even travel with children in front seats.

Kite runner: In case I dont get one I do intend to buy one. But since the utility is for a limited period I wondered if anyone on the forumn here has one to spare. I wont be needing it for another 2 months or so as yet, so have time.

I have one passed over to me by my elder sister.

This topic needs a thread? There is another thread somewhere about kids in cars.

For which age bracket are child seats recommended? Can it be fitted and removed on a day to day basis?stupid: Where can I buy one in Delhi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1471546)
I am on the lookout for a second hand child

What is this world coming to ?
Running for cover.....:uncontrol
I would be very happy to be at the receiving end (seriously), if any kind hearted parent wants to donate his infant car seats here. My number is ....:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by shajufx (Post 1471887)
I would be very happy to ... donate my entire annual salary to the person quoting my post. My number is ....:thumbs up

Thanks Shaju! Thats a nice offer. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guite (Post 1471636)
For which age bracket are child seats recommended? Can it be fitted and removed on a day to day basis?stupid: Where can I buy one in Delhi?

Car seat is good from 6 months to 2 years and then the next size up upto 5 years. I had bought one from Mothercare at Shoppers Stop. In Europe its compulsory, and I would Highly recommend that a child MUST be strapped into the child car seat always.
I hate seeing mothers carrying their baby in their laps in the front passengers seat and the father driving like a taxi driver. Children should always be in the rear seat.

There is a giveaway thread. Please PM me if anyone wants to donate me one :D

I'd prefer the ferrari Mothercare one !!

There is a give away thread and I see that the regular mode of disposal is giving it away to a friend or a relative. Now why didnot any of my close friends had the sense to buy one too? Guys please remember that while the requests for donation are pouring in the actual donors are none, but in case some one shows up, I am the first in line.