Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 16:54   #16
BHPian

I stay at C V Raman Nagar and work in the same area as well. Will let you know if I spot something. A number to drop a message would be great, PM me your number and I will ask my friends to look out for it as well. Is it that difficult to trace the car by the police? Thought it would be much easier.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:01   #17
BHPian

this sounds absolutely non sense to me.what was the girl thinking she was doin?she doesn't recognise her dads voice?
anyways please post the picture of the car.we will try our best to locate the car.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
sorry, but that is incorrect.

A new car may or may not have 100% IDV coverage.
Its generally 95% as its assumed that the car will loose some value as soon as it leaves the showroom.
Just a question, will insurance cover when there is ample proof to show that the vehicle was stolen due to the owner's negligence? (which definitely is the case here!)

Lets hope they get back the car soon though.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Car Chors (Thief’s) are smart fellows they wont be driving around for to be spotted by police/public.
They must have either taken the vehicle out of town or possibly out of state.

Second possibility is that they might strip the car to its components and sell it in secondhand market like Chor Bazaar in Delhi, I am not sure about Bangalore market .

Third possibility is they can get the vehicle re-registered in some smaller town & sell it to unsuspecting customer. All these are mere possibilities , don’t loose hope lets hope for the best.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:50   #20
BHPian

Well sorry to hear.

Check the areas where stolen cars were sold, every city has some grey market where they dismantle stoolen cars parts and sold or may be have taken car out of state to other state, sometime they move cars to other states and get false regn.

Post pictures, hope you recover soon.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this. No doubt someone was keeping a close eye on the movements in the house. But the girl is equally to be blamed. Hope they find the vehicle quickly.
Old 9th September 2009, 18:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

hmm... very strange incident! How come the girl didn't recognize that the voice wasn't her dad's?

Also, usually it's safer for children to not open the door for strangers at all.

Unfortunately, can't blame anyone but the kid.

PS. I have the same doubt, will the insurance company pay?

Last edited by anekho : 9th September 2009 at 18:35.
Old 9th September 2009, 18:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Car Chors (Thief’s) are smart fellows they wont be driving around for to be spotted by police/public.
They must have either taken the vehicle out of town or possibly out of state.

Second possibility is that they might strip the car to its components and sell it in secondhand market like Chor Bazaar in Delhi, I am not sure about Bangalore market .

Third possibility is they can get the vehicle re-registered in some smaller town & sell it to unsuspecting customer. All these are mere possibilities , don’t loose hope lets hope for the best.

Exactly as mentioned here, please take immediate steps with the help of police to stop the vehicle from crossing over the border. Coimbatore is a known hub for dealing in stolen vehicles in the south.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:02   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Just a question, will insurance cover when there is ample proof to show that the vehicle was stolen due to the owner's negligence? (which definitely is the case here!)

Lets hope they get back the car soon though.
That would be a question for the
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ce-ask-me.html
thread.

btw, How old is this Girl?
I feel so sorry for her, one bad judgement and a life of guilt.
Just hope the parents don't put too much pressure on her.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the Vehicle ?
Old 10th September 2009, 10:06   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Its like a scene straight out of Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye.

Have they updated M&M about this.
M&M website has more details.

EDIT:
added this link

:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::
Big pat on the back to Mahindra for this initiative. Chances are, sometime or the other, the stolen Scorpio would have to visit an authorised outlet. If the engine & chassis number are flagged.....Bingo! I only hope Mahindra & their service outlets carry out the necessary procedures diligently and consistently.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

No updates from the owner. They were out for filing a police complaint. yet to hear from them. Will keep you posted.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

looks like some known people(like house maids, drivers etc) are invoved (may be indirectly). Police can crack if they want to. It needs some kind of push.
I dont think the stolen cars will be used as they are. Either they will be dispatched to really to far away places or dis-mantled in no time.
Best chance will be if the daughter remembers the appearence of the person very well and is able to describe (graphically) to the police. They can easily verify if a local gang is invloved.

Last edited by Guna : 10th September 2009 at 10:23.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:12   #29
BANNED

I think the new electronic enabled registration plates which the Indian govt is asking the states to implement will help in deterring these thieves.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Will keep a lookout for it Mahesh ! Not that it makes any difference but are you sure about the Scorpio being just a week old ? My office Omni is registered KA-03-ML-373 and it was delivered to us on 16th May, 2009 !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks