Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 15:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Only the girl is to be blamed here as she did not recognise her dads voice/number. little over 2 hours are required to get the car out of the state boundaries.

Scorpios are the number one choice of the car thieves when it comes to SUV's due to good resale value. Any updates on the complaint?
Old 14th September 2009, 13:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Guys,

This just happened to one of my co-worker. They have a brand new (may be a week or so) Scorpio 2009 SLX. Today one stranger came to the house and asked for the car key to their daugther. Initially she refused, but that guy called some number and pretended as if talking with her dad and gave the phone to her. On the phone the other person instructed her to give the key and she also gave it.

Now it seems like a clear cheat. They are trying to locate the Scorpio.

its Black color, with the golden cladding/
SLX model.
Number - KA 03 ML 779.

They stay in C.V.Raman Nagar and this happened around couple of hours back. So, please watch out for a scorpio and update us.

Parallely, what we can do? an complaint to the nearest police (Guess its Mahadevpura zone) and what else?

Thanks.
Please ask the owner to register with Stolen Vehicles India - Website to track Stolen Vehicles in India, it increases their chances of recovery.
Old 15th September 2009, 01:55   #33
BHPian

Reminds me of a incident with my Cable Operator's Brother.
They run a local new channel too, one fine day the younger brother was waiting for someone in crowded market, Scorpio had their channel Name printed on front and rear wind-shield and a strangers comes to this guy asking for a favor.

He said he's in town to video shoot some documentary and needs someone who could help him arrange equipment, he said their company would love to partner with you if he helped.
He said their equipment is not arriving in a day or two while the shoot needs to be completed on priority,
he insisted that lets sit in my room in the Hotel Just opposite where they were standing and talking, the poor junior cable guy agreed and locked the vehicle and went to their hotel room.

when till late evening junior cable guy didn't returned the hunt began, and he was found unconscious in the hotel, those guys were thugs and they drugged him in some tea/cold drink and took away everything except clothes and left him locked in the hotel room.

Its been more than a year and the claim is yet to be settled for them.

As this cable guy has been a family friend and our provider for approx 15 years now I am sure they didn't cooked this story, his junior took many days to recover from that poison/drug.

Learned a lesson, never indulge in such talks with strangers.
I've set few rules since then.
Strict instructions to family members to call me or police if such approach is made, never unlock doors to strangers.

Other examples i've read about such fooling.
so never open door until you are sure if someone says:-

1). your family member had an accident
2). you've won so and so award.
3). Free gas leakage testing.
4). electricity complaint/inspection.
5). your hubby/parents sent me for blah blah.
6). free car care and wash.
etc etc

Best of all, use your own brain and cellphone to call your near and dear ones for explanation.
Old 15th September 2009, 13:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Any updates if they found the scorpio or not?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks