Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 14:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore: Newly bought Scorpio stolen, help needed to trace!

Guys,

This just happened to one of my co-worker. They have a brand new (may be a week or so) Scorpio 2009 SLX. Today one stranger came to the house and asked for the car key to their daugther. Initially she refused, but that guy called some number and pretended as if talking with her dad and gave the phone to her. On the phone the other person instructed her to give the key and she also gave it.

Now it seems like a clear cheat. They are trying to locate the Scorpio.

its Black color, with the golden cladding/
SLX model.
Number - KA 03 ML 779.

They stay in C.V.Raman Nagar and this happened around couple of hours back. So, please watch out for a scorpio and update us.

Parallely, what we can do? an complaint to the nearest police (Guess its Mahadevpura zone) and what else?

Thanks.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:47   #2
BHPian

This is shocking...Clearly this is the job of some insider who has planned this knowing owner is not at home.

Are u sure it is 2009 model ? New refreshed version does not come in SLX and black comes with silver cladding.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Appreciate the guts of these cheats.
People are to be blamed they are too ignorant and trust strangers easily.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Its like a scene straight out of Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye.

Have they updated M&M about this.
M&M website has more details.

EDIT:
added this link

Quote:
We understand how pained you are at the loss of your Scorpio. And we are out to give those who dared steal it a tough time by tracking them down. Just fill in your details below and we will forward them to Mahindra dealers across India. They will intimate you in case the vehicle reports to their service station for service or repair and help restore it to you. Just one more reassurance that we're with you, hamesha.
:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

Last edited by bblost : 9th September 2009 at 14:55.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thats sad to hear, thief must have guts to do the same. Remembered me a scene from "oye lucky oye" movie wherein lucky steals car in somewhat similar manner.

a) Flash out the engine and chassis no. to all Mahindra service centers
b) Register a police complaint.
c) Flash out details of the scorpio to family and friends so as in case someone could spot it.
d) Most importantly inform insurance company.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:55   #6
BANNED

This is really sad.
Tell them to immediately file an FIR.
Old 9th September 2009, 15:01   #7
BHPian

Such a sad news. Definitely someone has watched for few days and carried out the theft, Oherwise would not dare to go into the house and ask for the keys.
Old 9th September 2009, 15:52   #8

Here's what needs to be done:
1. Lodge FIR (not complaint) with the nearest Police Station. This is a MUST to absolve the owner of any illegal activities being done with the stolen vehicle and also a MUST for the Insurance claim.
2. Get the local police to flash the message over wireless to all over Karnataka.
3. Submit a copy of the FIR with copies of Registration Book and Insurance to the Insurance company. Keep the duplicate key - it is very important in the event of claim processing.
4. Send a copy of the FIR to the RTO.
5. Contact Mahindra dealer in Bangalore and flash the message. (I personally doubt the efficiency of this, but, worth a try).
6. Pull any available strings with the cops - definitely worth a try.

I lost my Scorpio (2007 model) a couple of months back and still no news about it. It has become a statistic with the Bangalore City Police...

Cheers & hope your friends are able to recover the vehicle..

Anirudh.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:15   #9
BHPian

I don't know whether this is funny or sad (no offence, but can't the girl recognize her father's voice? or do complete strangers often turn up asking for keys to their cars?)

File a complaint and update the M&M site as posted above. All we can do is hope for the best that it turns up somewhere.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:21   #10
BHPian

If you can post some recent pictures of the Scorpio on the forum, it might be easier to spot it on the road or at some mechanics garage
Old 9th September 2009, 16:30   #11
BHPian

Many many years back when a friend's RX100 was stolen from a Market's parking the first thing we did was inform the Police patrol jeep so taht they could relay this information to all the units immediately.

Well, the bike was found only after a few weeks though, abandoned in front of a shop since the very day it was stolen, for it was low on petrol and no way to source petrol for many miles from there.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Well, while I was opening the thread I was going to type "nothing great to say about M&M locking system", but I am sorry, all this sounds very dumb to me. Pity the owner.

As said above - Police FIR 1st and call the insurance guys and give them the FIR #. since its a new car, its 100% insured. Hopefully not much spent on the audio. That will be a total loss.

Worst case, the car will be found abandoned some where near blore, with all tyres, alloys, audio, battery and some expensive mechanicals missing.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoors View Post
If you can post some recent pictures of the Scorpio on the forum, it might be easier to spot it on the road or at some mechanics garage
Yes, I have requested to get the pics from them. Will post it as soon as I get it.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:39   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

As said above - Police FIR 1st and call the insurance guys and give them the FIR #. since its a new car, its 100% insured. Hopefully not much spent on the audio. That will be a total loss.
sorry, but that is incorrect.

A new car may or may not have 100% IDV coverage.
Its generally 95% as its assumed that the car will loose some value as soon as it leaves the showroom.

Insurance only covers the Ex Showroom price.
The Registration, taxes etc are not covered.

I am not sure but I think there is a way to get the registration money back from the RTO.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievable!! File a complaint and spread the information as others have posted above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
I don't know whether this is funny or sad (no offence, but can't the girl recognize her father's voice? or do complete strangers often turn up asking for keys to their cars?)
I am having the same doubt. Please clarify.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks