Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
3 years mein Alexander reached India from Greece
Where did you read 3 years from?
All i can see is 3 hours
Old 10th September 2009, 18:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
I travel to Gurgaon from my home in North Delhi every day. It's a 32 km drive. Normally, it takes an hour. But, whenever it rains, this can extend upto 4 hours!!!

So, to avoid it, today I just called up my boss in the morning, that I will be working from home. And, the day has been completely bliss so far!
Same here mate. I travel from Gurgaon to NOIDA a commute of abt 50 kms one way. However, seeing the rains today, thought of calling me my boss that I would be working from home and picked up my BB. However, being the boss she was smarter than me, she had already written a mail to me that she would be WFH today.

Undeterred, even I wrote to him and fortunately got approved. So had a nice time till now.
Old 10th September 2009, 18:59   #18
BHPian

Lack of expertise or utter inefficiency, the Delhi municipal commissioner had blamed road flooding on the rain. Oh! how so ingenious of him!

OT but on the same line of government agency bashing: Some creative municipal engineer have extended the median and added onion bulbs at the intersection of these roads near the locality I stay (see image). Work is currently in progress and at this point of time it is difficult to appreciate what they are doing. Hope it turns out good when complete. The head of the median looks like it is inviting someone to hit it. Might as well put a fluorescent coloured warning on the face of it. The dashed line with arrow shows how people are taking shortcuts.
Attached Thumbnails
Dude, where's my drain! [NCR]-crazyroad.jpg  

Old 11th September 2009, 16:36   #19
BHPian

Today, took me just 3.5 hours to reach Gurgaon from North Delhi.

I don't know how long its gonna take in the evening when I drive back home!

Rain, rain go away.... !!
Old 11th September 2009, 16:42   #20

Quote:
We can send a probe to the moon (we'll soon figure out a way to bring the next one back!) but we can't make drains!
The people who know how to make drains are all employed at state-run telecom companies.
Old 11th September 2009, 18:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

I used to call Chennai the "Venice of the East". The irony is that you had to wade through knee deep water, but there won't be any running water off tap from the municipal supply, to wash off all the mud. You need a buy a bloody tanker full of water for your daily needs. Bloody middlemen, they should all be lined up and shot.

Most Viewed