Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 11:42   #91
BHPian

Re: Credit Card Points, what do you redeem them for

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I have a HDFC bank platinum plus chip credit card.

Can someone tell me how I can redeem the rewards points accumulated on this credit card ?

I can't find any information on the HDFC bank website.

Rohan
Download the rewards catalog from Post#77 in this thread

Call the HDFC Credit Card helpline and they will do the rest

HDFC's website has the details here
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 16:58   #92
BHPian

I usually redeem Citibank indianoil card for 4 points equal to 4 rupees per transaction of Rs 250/- at any IOCL outlet on a Citibank swipe machine.
Old 21st January 2012, 18:52   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,

I have a HDFC Platinum Plus credit card. Got some 11000points only. Anybody has experience with Indigo airlines e-voucher just like the Kingmiles or Jetairways Miles? Can someone highlight the important points and steps in redeeming for it(indigo or kingmiles) so that i can find some discount next time i fly. Also points to be noted while booking could also be helpful for me.
Old 4th February 2012, 15:35   #94
Oxy
BHPian

Just received my American Express Gold Card yesterday. It doesn't have any preset credit limit. I have the freedom to spend as much as I want to, but the downside (not for me though) is, I have to pay the amount in full every month, i.e. there is no "minimum amount" concept.

The points earning potential looks pretty good. I will be getting a 1000 bonus points every month if I swipe the card four times a month or more for Rs. 250 or more per transaction.

It's free for the first year. They will be charging me Rs. 4500 plus taxes from the next year onwards. In return for this Rs. 4500 renewal fee, I will get 5000 reward points.

Does anyone else have this card? Do you guys feel the renewal fee would be worth paying? Any feedback from existing Amex Gold Card customers would be a huge help.

Last edited by Oxy : 4th February 2012 at 15:37.
Old 4th February 2012, 15:49   #95
BHPian

I am having an ICICI Gold since 2005. Used many a times for booking air tickets. A year later or so, I was able to get a POLO Strolley by reedeming around 4k points from ICICI merchandise. Then imint was not existing.
After that, all of a sudden, I got a imint card delivered at my home and all my points go credited to that.
No, there was no intimation from ICICI C.C.

Later, regularly used to get the Mach catridges and razors. Almost 4 to 5 times.
Then started getting, CFL bulbs.
Now, as imint is converted to Payback, waiting for a good no.of points accumulation.
Even my spending reduced now a days due to lesser travelling.
Old 4th February 2012, 15:53   #96
BHPian

have redeemed points in various cr. card.

Deutsche Bank - redeemed against my o/s payment
Citibank - converted to jet miles and upgraded to first class using my jet upgrade vouchers
citi oil card - have redeemed for IOC Oil vouchers
present citi bank card - have redeemed at Shoppers stop at Re 1 per point and bought ray-ban glasses / apparels / gv's
Old 4th February 2012, 15:57   #97
Senior - BHPian

Mostly fuel on my Citibank IOC card and ICICI CC for hand bags, noise cancelling headset and 4GB MicroSDHC card for my Nokia N8 (now it has a burgeoning 20GB up from the on board 16GB) .
Old 4th February 2012, 16:44   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Just received my American Express Gold Card yesterday. It doesn't have any preset credit limit. I have the freedom to spend as much as I want to, but the downside (not for me though) is, I have to pay the amount in full every month, i.e. there is no "minimum amount" concept.

The points earning potential looks pretty good. I will be getting a 1000 bonus points every month if I swipe the card four times a month or more for Rs. 250 or more per transaction.

It's free for the first year. They will be charging me Rs. 4500 plus taxes from the next year onwards. In return for this Rs. 4500 renewal fee, I will get 5000 reward points.

Does anyone else have this card? Do you guys feel the renewal fee would be worth paying? Any feedback from existing Amex Gold Card customers would be a huge help.
Im using the same since last 5 months. I think they credit some extra points if you continue next year.

Also you get 4 times reward point for transactions done on weekends.
One drawback I see is that not all establishments accept Amex.

Last edited by rajesh1868 : 4th February 2012 at 16:47.
Old 4th February 2012, 23:32   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Im using the same since last 5 months. I think they credit some extra points if you continue next year.

Also you get 4 times reward point for transactions done on weekends.
One drawback I see is that not all establishments accept Amex.
I have been using a Kingfisher AMEX Card for a year now and have found that to be the most rewarding Credit Card ever (in India and in USA). However, with the sad state of affairs at Kingfisher Airlines, their very existence is questionable.
Hence, I got an Amex Gold Charge Card now. The way I understand is that the program is definitely rewarding the first year. However, the Rs. 4500 annual fee is pretty steep to pay for a Credit Card. IMO, even with all the benefits, the card should be kept if annual credit card bill payment is more than 4 Lacs or more. Else, the rewards (minus the annual fee) don't justify the usage of this particular card.
Animesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 00:14   #100
Senior - BHPian

Me and wifey both use HDFC Platinum cards. The reward points are usually spent in buying Prestige kitchenware (!).

Pros:
- The conversion factor (points to rupees) isn't too bad.
- Reward points scored with wifey.

Cons:
- Prestige usually has discounts running throughout the year. When you buy using these vouchers, you don't get any discounts.
Old 5th February 2012, 06:57   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Pros:
- Reward points scored with wifey.
I would say brownie points!

I would say the points to rupee conversion is not good either. I think it is around Re 0.50 - 0.60 per point. Naturally any sale / discount offers can't be availed with any of these coupons.
Old 5th February 2012, 12:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Why would someone pay Rs 4500 as annual fee for a credit card ?

Nowadays, all credit card companies are offering lifetime free platinum credit cards to every Tom, Dick an Harry. Why pay annual fee then ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Now, as imint is converted to Payback, waiting for a good no.of points accumulation.
I hope you are aware that imint/Payback points expire after 3 years.

Rohan
Old 6th February 2012, 10:48   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

I hope you are aware that imint/Payback points expire after 3 years.

Rohan
Oh! Is it? Thank you for this info.
I need to hurry up then.
Old 6th February 2012, 11:10   #104
Senior - BHPian

I have a Stanchart Platinum rewards card with 13.5K points accumulated. Since Stanchart have stopped Big Bazaar vouchers, thinking of getting the point converted into airmiles (should get around 11K airmiles) and being KF frequent flyer I can get them added to the existing airmiles. Any other redemption option choices is not justified IMO.
However now since even KF's existence is in doubt, should I go ahead for the conversion into airmiles?
Old 17th February 2012, 13:09   #105
Oxy
BHPian

How easy is it to redeem the Jet Airways JP Miles? I have recently heard horror stories stating they are pretty useless and you won't be able to book a flight using your JP Miles on any sector ever. Also heard that the features of the Citibank Jet Airways Platinum credit card have been downgraded to a huge extent.

Does it now make sense to convert your credit card reward points to JP Miles? Any suggestion on this would be really helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks