Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 10:49   #1
BHPian

Courses related to automobile for 6months/1 year.

Hey guys

I am doing my B.E in Mechanical.Right now as I unfortunately couldn't clear my 4th semester exams,I'm free for a year.I need to do some course for say 6 months or so.Even for a month or 3 is fine.

Can somebody please suggest some course related to automobile design or maintenance or repair or anything which could help me build my career.Please guys I need info urgently!

Cheers!

[P.S-It should be in Bangalore only]
Old 12th September 2009, 18:23   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Can somebody please suggest some course related to automobile design or maintenance or repair or anything which could help me build my career.Please guys I need info urgently!
Hey Punter, you'd be hard pressed to find good short-term certificate programs in Bangalore. Want my advice? Take up a 6 month temp stint with a reputable Bangalore tuner or garage. The only way to learn the tricks of the trade is going bottom up. Every business that I've entered / founded, I started at the front end interacting with clients, students and even carpenters (interior biz). The experience will be invaluable, way way superior than any 3 - 6 month diploma.

Good news is, Bangalore sure has a long list of tuners
Old 12th September 2009, 18:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hey Punter, you'd be hard pressed to find good short-term certificate programs in Bangalore. Want my advice? Take up a 6 month temp stint with a reputable Bangalore tuner or garage. The only way to learn the tricks of the trade is going bottom up. Every business that I've entered / founded, I started at the front end interacting with clients, students and even carpenters (interior biz). The experience will be invaluable, way way superior than any 3 - 6 month diploma.

Good news is, Bangalore sure has a long list of tuners
Thanks a lot for the advice sir.I am going to Chennai tomorrow to meet a person who actually works in MICO.Am thinking of also going to the BMW Factory.Any chances of them allowing me to take a tour of the factory?
Old 12th September 2009, 19:03   #4
BHPian

Completely agree with GTO.
The way I learnt automobiles was contacting A.S.S. of Maruti in Vaodara and Ahmedabad when I was still in school. I asked manager at Cargo Motors - auth dealer for Maruti in Vadodara that time if he can let me in; I was sitting idle in my 8th vacation that time when CNG kits on Maruti were new and he kindly let me in to see all the things of M1000 underbelly. I was so glad; I spent a few days dirtying my hands.

Then during my 10th vacation; I contacted Cargo Motors in Ahmedabad; Mr. Ghai was regional manager that time at that place; auth service station for Tata. That time Sierra and Estate were "new" models for me - some time in 93/94 I guess. And I actually spent about 15 days there. That was the best vacation for me.

So as GTO said, best way to learn autos are going bottom up. All the best.
Old 12th September 2009, 19:10   #5
BHPian

^^Thanks a lot man.Really appreciate it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks