Team-BHP - Durga Puja - India and Overseas
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Durga Puja - India and Overseas (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/66314-durga-puja-india-overseas.html)

Durgapuja 2008 - India and Elsewhere

Fellow Patrons,

Let us all post pictures of Durgapuja 2008.

The best thing about this thread is that we can see pictures from not just all over India but globally!

Pujas at 66 Pally and Badamtala at Kolkata.

The Only thing Kolkata could preserve is its Art and Heritage.

Everything else is Party-Matters.

Basu, In Hyderabad, we have the Bengali Matha celebrations on a huge scale at the lower tank bund road.

As you may know, Hyderabad has a very big Bengali population.

I am going to visit the Bengali Matha on "naumi ( 9th day)" which falls on Oct 8th.

Nice start Basu, one more suggession, Pls caption the pics for more info. I would like to know more info like
1) Protima made of what? (if not made of clay)
2) Pandal interior made of what? (if anything other than bamboo and cloth, sometimes the interiors are decorated with newpapers, pots, CDs, matchsticks etc)

Protima and Pandal pics from Kolkata will add nice flavour of Kolkata pujo to rest of world.

My bangalore pics will start form tonight so watch this space.

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1003161)
Basu, In Hyderabad, we have the Bengali Matha celebrations on a huge scale at the lower tank bund road.

Yes, that is Hyderabad Bengali Samiti Puja mandap. It is conducting Durga Puja since 1941.
Another celebration in a bigger scale used to happen in Keys High School Sec'bad.

Ohh I miss those days of Hyderabad puja. It is the best probashi pujo in India IMO.

Abhi

What a co incidence, the 'Bangalore Connection' was featured recently.

Note from Mod : Sorry btirthankar, but this had to be removed as it could be considered copyright violation.

Kolkata Team, Interested?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/46925-kolkata-tbhp-puja-meet-2008-maddox-sq.html

More Pandals: Lake Road

Indian Air Force Command Hospital Pandal, Ulsoor
Durga Puja - India and Overseas-100_4299com.jpg

This is the popularly known as the Cambridge Layout Puja.
This year the venue is changed to Defence Colony Ground, HAL 2nd Stage, 6th Main Pandal
Durga Puja - India and Overseas-100_4305com.jpg

Arati @ Defence Colony Mandap
Durga Puja - India and Overseas-100_4304com.jpg

Line for the Saptami Bhog
Durga Puja - India and Overseas-100_4306com.jpg

The Delicious Bhog
Durga Puja - India and Overseas-100_4307com.jpg

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 1004453)
Line for the Saptami Bhog
Attachment 56542

Eta ki bepar? Shaptami bhog? Is it this latest? I mean that must be a couple of hours back from now right? :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 1004493)
Eta ki bepar? Shaptami bhog? Is it this latest? I mean that must be a couple of hours back from now right? :eek:

it's a tailor made thing outside Bengal I suppose. Traditionally bhog is only on Ashtami.

sent by Sudipto Roy (his friend sent him this)

Lake Road Kolkata: Another One.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 1004493)

Yes, I am back home after Bhog and first thing I did was downloaded the pics opened this thread and posted :).

Zappo da, Why dont you post some Keyes High School and Tankbund (Hyd Bengalee Samiti) Pujo pics etc? I hope you are in hyd now

Abhi

Thanks Tirtha for inviting my attention to this.

The pictures are nice and I know the difficulty faced to take such pictures in the crowd. Didn't you face "Dada ki hochche? Aapni chhobi-i tulben naa aamra thakur dekhbo" (Whats happenning man? would you take pictures or we would get to see the idol better).

Would be missing the Puja this year as well. For me, Puja celebrations conducted outside Bengal doesn't quite make it by a far margin. Infact if you look at the opening pages of the articles in your post, the depictions themselves are very contrasting and speaks volumes.

Keep uploading, so that the "underprevileged" lot like us can benefit.