Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 14:22   #1
BHPian

Life... Before and After Team-BHP

Hi BHPians,

I was thinking about how my life has changed after joining Team-BHP and hence this thread. I am sure every BHPian will have something or the other to add to this thread (either good or bad, be honest).

Here goes my list -
  1. I used to be an aggressive driver and used to push my bike to limits. Now I have turned into a sedate driver and hardly push the engine. Effect: FE has jumped from 47 KMPL to 54 KMPL. Engine feels very smooth now. It has barely affected the time it takes me to reach office.
  2. Team-BHP has taken over my home page from gmail.com. Wifey gets irritated sometimes seeing me glued to the Team-BHP and even prays that the Team-BHP server goes down for some reason .
  3. My time management in office has improved as I want to complete my work and spare some time for Team-BHP . But I admit that I spend at least 2-3 hours a day here.
Waiting for some interesting things that have happened in your life after you joined Team-BHP.

Last edited by Gandhi : 28th September 2009 at 14:24.
Old 28th September 2009, 14:26   #2
BHPian

My (online) writing has become more civilized, thanks to the rules over here
Old 28th September 2009, 14:31   #3
BHPian

Well, i learned a lot of Mechanical engineering and physics :-)

1) How differential Works
2) How transfer case works
3) What s traction
4) What is Torque
5) What is momentum
6) What is angle of Approach
7) What is angle of departure
8) What is break over angle
9) How to drive without Accelerator, Brake and Clutch. lol!!!

Nuff, the list goes endlessly......

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 28th September 2009, 14:52   #4
BHPian

My life has changed completely since I have hooked on to Team Bhp, Now a weekend get-away means, car photoshoots and travelogs, search for bhpian cars on road, super and sport cars.

I am always reclaming my live via team-bhp.

Wife keep sfumming each time car pic is taken on weekend trips.

@ home there is only one site that is open for most of the time and that's team-bhp and it should always be open.

@ Office, ms-outllok, internal tool, excle and then team-bhp website

Last edited by sajands : 28th September 2009 at 14:52. Reason: had to add a line
Old 28th September 2009, 20:04   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Amazing thread idea! My life after Team-BHP:

1. Completely gave up street racing for good. Yup, I have to admit, I didn't miss an opportunity earlier (especially when in a slower car ), yet after Team-BHP & witnessing the maturity of / responsibility bestowed by this forum, I quit. For my safety & for those who I share the roads with. I have become a safe & responsible driver.

2. My automotive expenses shot through the roof! And they don't show any signs of coming down. Seriously, every next planned or "saving for" expense seems to be something related to cars.

3. Automotive knowledge base grew exponentially. Of Indian cars, the technical stuff, offroading, the automotive market and industry. I can talk for a day on any car that is selling, or has sold, in India. And on any manufacturers too. Ask my family & friends, they'll tell you some.

4. Another unexpected area where I learnt : Software & Hosting. When we were taking Team-BHP live, no one knew what went into a website. I called up an IT pro friend of mine who explained all about servers, domain names, bandwidth etc. Believe me, no one amongst the core team even knew how to go about registering a domain name. I'm proud of the fact that we took the right step at each stage.

5. Cars, cars, cars and more cars. The core passion only grows stronger with time. Cars have taken over each area of my life, more than ever before. My work (hours), my personal time, weekends, thoughts that fill the day, conversations, what I write...I was crazy about cars before Team-BHP, but nowhere near at this level. It's genuinely such a great passion to have. Petrolheads are a lucky lot.

Yet, the main - and the BIGGEST - positive from Team-BHP has been knowing all those amazing people. In person (you know who you are) and on the forum. It's the people that make Team-BHP & it's been an outstanding experience to be part of the leadership team here.
Old 28th September 2009, 20:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

before: parde ke peeche

after: parde ke peeche se ab parde ke aage.
Old 28th September 2009, 20:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
My life has changed completely since I have hooked on to Team Bhp, Now a weekend get-away means, car photoshoots and travelogs, search for bhpian cars on road, super and sport cars.

I am always reclaming my live via team-bhp.

Wife keep sfumming each time car pic is taken on weekend trips.

@ home there is only one site that is open for most of the time and that's team-bhp and it should always be open.

@ Office, ms-outllok, internal tool, excle and then team-bhp website
Same here brother earlier I used to watch lot of TV after getting home now it is Team-Bhp and my wife and both sons has started calling me TBHP, it has become addiction, I spend around 3 to 4 hrs on the Team-Bhp daily and feel uneasy if at all I miss even for a day.
It has given me a lot of information and I gave the same whatever I knew about automobiles and using of my knowledge I got during my automobile engineering which I passed out in the year 1972.Recently I sold my motorcycle to a Team-Bhpian through its classified and it was a smooth clear transaction, moreover the purchaser and our family have become family friends,and later on I saw my bike on the threads with photos as the Team-Bhpian had put them up.Once you start on this site you dont feel like stopping. THANK YOU TBHP for changing my lifestyle.

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 28th September 2009 at 20:31. Reason: ADDING MORE INFORMATION
Old 29th September 2009, 13:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Awesome thread Here are my two cents:

Before Team BHP :
  • It was just me and Aditya (Team BHP Moderator) Just the two of us discussing cars no end.
  • For me ICE was just a casette player with 4 speakers. You know Pioneer types

After Team BHP:
  • First and foremost I found a second home.
  • I always thought I knew alot about cars. How wrong I was.
  • Got to know a lot about hardcore mods on cars, something that I kept away from. The words turbos, psi boost, engine swaps all make sense now.
  • I got an ICE setup I can be proud of.
  • And to top it all, the people I know here. Both on and off the forum. Everyone is so wonderful and you know you can count on them.

I could write more but I had penned down my thoughts in this thread some time ago

Here is the Link: My journey at Team BHP

Last edited by Dippy : 29th September 2009 at 16:43.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:40   #9
BHPian

I have got so addicted to Team-BHP, I keep discussing about cars with everyone - wifey, friends, colleagues - each and everyone. One night me and wifey were on a walk after dinner, and she warned me that no more talks on cars please. But I couldn't resist more than 5 minutes and we were again discussing cars . Now she also takes interest and keeps asking me about cars whenever we are on road .

Keep the thread rolling boys.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:44   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

ive been pretty car mad since I was very young. practically from egg stage as one might say.

before team bhp it was lots of discussions and writing letters to car mags and other sites like Carwale etc.

after TBHP im pretty much online to the max - great fun - great knowledge - great reviews and the levels of information available are simply superb for guys like us!
cheers
Old 29th September 2009, 16:59   #11
BHPian

Then : I was crazzy about cars from very young. Thanks to my dad who is also an enthusiast and kept me introducing to new cars. We also had a fleet of passionate chauffeurs who also helped me in learning a lot about cars.

Now : Its all Team-BHP no matter what info on cars. I also explain my dad a few things and feel proud that now i know more than what my dad knows and also many people around. Whenever i talk about cars now, my Dad says "OK. So this info was there in that website" .
Old 29th September 2009, 17:33   #12
BHPian

Life before joining TBHP :
  • Felt I knew everything about cars as soon as I completed automobile engineering
  • Weekend drive is to go faster from point A to point B
  • Hottie is always a girl
  • ICE is all about cassette player and 4" speakers on the front door
  • Every signal is a potential drag race start point
  • Savings are spent on mobiles and gadgets
  • Dinner with friends is talking about movies and stuff
  • Discussion with boss on office work only
  • Star movies and HBO took most of my weekend
Life after joining TBHP:
  • My knowledge on automobiles is all theoretical, there is a lot to learn and see the applications realtime
  • Weekend drive is all about enjoying the drive from point A to point B. Its not about how soon I reach the destination, its all about what best route i take and how scenic the route is.
  • Hottie is always a car (my wify feels happy )
  • ICE is all about bringing the best of the music that you hear
  • Every signal is a potential hazardous zone for drag racing kids.. so I stay alert and I dont get involved. I give the right of way to pedestrians
  • Every penny of saving goes in to my ladies (my cars)
  • Dinner with friends is all about what cars and what mods
  • Discussion with boss on which is the latest thread (yep I got him in to this. I hope you guys can see a evil smile on my face)
  • TBHP forums and reviews take most of the weekends
  • Discussion with wifey on car mods and travelogues on TBHP
Old 29th September 2009, 17:54   #13
BHPian

Interesting thread. I appreciate that TBHP has helped change the way people drive. They have become more sedate and friendly on road. Feel proud to be a part of movement like this.

ElantraGT, you have put my thoughts in best possible words. +1

Team BHP means a lot our lives now. Whether it is about buying cell phones, planning trips, purchasing TV or anything. The people here are genuine and very helping. It feels good to be able to contribute back to the community that gives us so much.

Last edited by dushmish : 29th September 2009 at 17:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks