Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2005, 08:46   #31
BHPian

post delivery report - BAD JOB !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Seek to understand before being understood

1: Honda and most jap companies work on a very tight production system which does not permit much inventory.

2: In the case of Honda, a lot of parts come from Thailand. Hyundai can source locally hence better response.

3:A lot of parts got damaged in customs in Mumbai

4: Why should Honda be liable for a flood damaged car. I am sure they will stand by any repairs made themselves or any failure which is clearly not flood damaged on a good will basis
I would say Ichibaan Honda are doing worst service job among all Service Centers across India.
I got the car yesteerday with 8 problems which I found out on my drive from the service facility to my home !
1.Cigarette Lighter not working (even though changed ! )
2.Wooden frame around cigarette lighter not fixed properly
3.Interior Flasher Switch Illumination light not working
4.Interior Headlamp adjustor illumination light not working
5.A panel below the front passenger side dashboard not fitted proerly
6.Trunk Light not working
7.Steering not contralised(tilt to right)

I have been having problems with Ichibaan Honda since day 1 of my delivery-21st June 2005..I am never going to take the car there..now,it's Linkway -all the way !
As for Warranty - if we repair at Honda Authorized Service Center,they have to give the car warranty.
THERE IS NO RULE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE WARRANTY BOOKLET THAT ONCE THE CAR IS IN FLOODS,NO WARRANTY IS APPLICABLE AFTER REPAIRS AT AUTHORIZED SERVICE FACILITY.
And if other players like Suzuki,Toyota,Chevrolet,Opel aren't voiding flood affected car warranties,why is Honda Siel India doing it ?..Answer - Purely to harass the customers.Period.
But luckily,yesterday,there was a meeting at Delhi Headquarters,and they have decided to validate all flood affect car warranties after repairs at authorized service centers.
My bottom line - even after waiting for more than 3 months for my new car,it's still incomplete..and the problems post delivery,which I've mentioned above don't need any special spares from Japan or Thailand(The New Honda City is with 72% locally built parts anyways).
Most of the Honda spares have customs clearance at Delhi,and not at Mumbai,since Japan/Thailand directly sends the Spares to HSCI,Delhi..so,I don't believe in the fact that the spares were damaged in customs here.
I have decided to write a letter to their Japan headquarters once I get my car repaired with all the above mentioned problems..they should know how their dealers are treating customers in a country which has the potential to provide them a future with excellent sales figures on their charts.

Cheers,
sr

Note from the Admin : Post Edited - As a regular BHPian, you are aware that abusive language is NOT permitted whether directly or indirectly. Your warning level has been increased significantly, and we do suggest reading the board rules before proceeding any further

Last edited by srasania : 28th October 2005 at 08:53.
Old 28th October 2005, 09:19   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

sr - I know where yours coming from.... I went through the samething with my merc once it came back from being repaired after the floods. It just didnt feel the same,fit finish everything was gone...as they say FACTORY FITTED IS FACTORY FITTED...thats soo damn true...these service centers cannot match that.... the car had lost all the qualities for which my dad loved it so we decided to get rid of it.......i was really hard that one day can ruin your entire experience of loving your car...and it was really hard to part with us a special car for us too.
Since your car is new i just have one advice for u...ask around...see how much it can fetch...if u r getting a good price get rid of it...coz this is just the begining more problems are bound to occur in the future due to this one big blow to the car...so its better to act now...and think abt it this way...the new ZX version is out...and VTEC too ;-)
Old 28th October 2005, 19:06   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree wth Sahil.
Sell her off,
it is for her own good. Get a new ZX CVT or a lancer/Baleno.
You even have a valid reason to upgrade according to the buyer, you want the ZX and this time, buy from linkway.
Old 29th October 2005, 23:24   #34
BHPian

I agree guys -selling her off and buying a new one is a good option..
But- Can't afford to shell out around Rs2lacs for the exchange + Rs40,000 paid by myself out of Rs2,00,000(Replaced all seats+seat frames,Tailights/headlights/carpets/fog lights) ..which is a loss of Rs 2.4 lacs for the exchange of a 1 month used car..
Anyways,since now I got my 4 years Honda Warranty back,I think it'll be wise to test her out for atleast 4-6 months and then decide about keeping/selling her..
I have a discount voucher from HSCI for Rs25,000 off on a new ZX model exchange till 31st March 2006..so,I think it's better to test the car till then and then decide.
cheers,
sr
Old 6th January 2006, 23:33   #35
BHPian

NOHONDA.COM Uploaded

Hey guys - Update : The car has been driven for 3200kms after flood related repairs,and it's working fine right now,no issues.Mileage is still same ,like pre-floods,it gives around 11kms/litre in City with AC on 90% time.
But,I did have to take it for a pick up problem to Arya Honda Service facility,and they've rectified the problem.
Also,as for warranty,I have got my Warranty+Extended Warranty on the vehicle valid till June 2009,and have it in writing from Honda.
Otherwise,they've cancelled all flooded vehicle warranties,and wanted to share this site with you guys ,which is setup and uploaded online just 2-3 days back by a community of Honda Customers,who were flood affected.

www.nohonda.com

-sr

Last edited by srasania : 6th January 2006 at 23:34.
Old 7th January 2006, 12:04   #36
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
wanted to share this site with you guys ,which is setup and uploaded online just 2-3 days back by a community of Honda Customers,who were flood affected.

www.nohonda.com

-sr
This made my day. Its high time vehicle manufacturers in the country realise that they can't get away with high handedness. I hope this comes to the notice of not just Honda but all the other manufacturers too. Especially so after we have a host of horror stories on dealing with Tata, Skoda, ICICI, HDFC in the recent past.

Why does the site have a link to the Ichiban Honda website?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks