Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:28   #16
BHPian

I thought it was some of my vein being caught tight while sitting on bed with legs hanging down and that was causing my body to shake a bit every heart beat. lol. I was proved wrong in the morning when parents confirmed they felt shakes.

I think it just lasted like 5 seconds here in wee hours and wasn't too strong (nothing moved except me lol).
Old 25th October 2009, 15:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
BTW what is this 2012 thing? Some Nostradamus prediction?
It seems lotsa stuff are pointing to the world ending in 2012. I don't care for Nostradude. His predictions are always so vague that he could mean anything that happens in a particular time frame.
For 2012 endings, we have the Large Hadron Collider standing in first place with researchers giving both doomsday and revelation status to it.
Then we have the Mayan calendar which supposedly has been true in it's timings up until now. According to it, everything will be wiped out and the world starts anew since we're nearing the 12 o clock point on it.
Some guys had been planning for this with a program called the Project Keo.
Old 25th October 2009, 15:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

don't know about earthquakes in Bangalore but this is the hottest October i have experienced in my life in Bangalore.
Total annihilation is inevitable but i think it can be postponed at least from 2012 date specified in the Mayan calender.
we as humans are the main cause for the destruction of this planet.Watch This movie the Day earth stood still i liked the concept of doomsday put into effect in this movie .
Old 26th October 2009, 02:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
It seems lotsa stuff are pointing to the world ending in 2012. I don't care for Nostradude. His predictions are always so vague that he could mean anything that happens in a particular time frame.
For 2012 endings, we have the Large Hadron Collider standing in first place with researchers giving both doomsday and revelation status to it.
Then we have the Mayan calendar which supposedly has been true in it's timings up until now. According to it, everything will be wiped out and the world starts anew since we're nearing the 12 o clock point on it.
Some guys had been planning for this with a program called the Project Keo.
Hmmm just read about both the things(mayan calender and Project Keo) and they don't seem to be related at all. Keo is a project about a Time capsule which will be send to space and supposed to re-enter after 50k years. It was supposed to be launched on 2003 itself but just taking time it seems.
Mayan calender just says that 2012 will be start of a new era with the end of one era. Just like our normal years and millenniums etc ends and starts new. Just that dooms day theorists love to twist and turn the facts and give the things a different look. Well, atleast that's what my first impressions after going through some readings.
About the LHC, I think people are just being too paranoid about the unknown. It's just another scientific test and I don't think that there is anything cataclysmic reactions involved in it. Those scientists know what they are doing and they won't let there baby to destroy the earth or the solar system or the Universe. Just my thoughts.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:30   #20
BHPian

If i can see the calamities pattern in last few years, i believe it is giving us some patterns which will eventually led to the final moments. In my place here there were heavy rains in the zones where it last rained in stone age, so there is a drift in climate pattern. Also earthquakes, tsunamis, there is certainly lot happening deep beneath our feet..man that makes me scary.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:49   #21
BANNED

I think the matter is not if but when. Also grading of regions is based on historic data. Remember Latur was zone I (on the old 7-zone system) when it was struck. I do not think climate change has any effect on earthquakes.
Old 27th October 2009, 10:41   #22
BHPian

Large Hadron Collider rap for those who haven't heard it yet :-)
Old 27th October 2009, 13:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Here is another article worth reading !

No Doomsday in 2012 | Universe Today
Old 27th October 2009, 18:29   #24
BHPian

Just that we are on the discussion of the World, I am always of the Opinion that we Humans are the end of a cycle of Earth's evolution. See how we are destroying everything.

Soon, we will be wiped out and a new cycle will begin. Dont worry about Earth, she will take care of herself. It's us we should be concerned about.
Old 28th October 2009, 01:11   #25
BHPian

^^ yeah i read somewhere that our contributions to global warming are miniscule - its the sun that is getting hotter and it does so every few 10000 years (or maybe it was million years) - this causes the global meltdown and then the ice age.
So i think instead of worrying about global warming, we need to worry about how we plan to survive the ice age :-)
Old 28th October 2009, 10:04   #26
BANNED

Global warming - Shoot the US, they are the biggest polluters and doing nothing about it. I just do not understand why India does not declare that they will keep its emissions below the global per capita figure. You are on-board and Uncle Sam is the one who faces the heat.
Old 28th October 2009, 10:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

yes very true!

Bangalore used to experience rains during this time, but this year it seems like winter has given a skip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
don't know about earthquakes in Bangalore but this is the hottest October i have experienced in my life in Bangalore.
Total annihilation is inevitable but i think it can be postponed at least from 2012 date specified in the Mayan calender.
we as humans are the main cause for the destruction of this planet.Watch This movie the Day earth stood still i liked the concept of doomsday put into effect in this movie .
Old 28th October 2009, 10:54   #28
BHPian

Last week there was some program on TV9 about the world coming to an end in 2012 as per mayan calendar. There were some interesting view points by our own local astrologers and most of them seemed to concur on the prediction based on the mayan calendar, but one of them mentioned that it would actually be the begining of the new world and people will become more spiritual and truthful etc. Infact its supposed to be end of Kalyug or something. Anywz 2012 is not far away so will probably get to whether its fake or truth. Well if its true then we would be around to claim the greatness of mayan calendar or nostradamus. I am just hoping that they were are all a bunch of liars.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

There was a very strong rumour during the end of 1999 that the Holy Koran doesn't have a calendar after 2000. It meant the doomsday for Islam & the muslim race. The long standing conflicts involving muslims all over the world were quoted as examples..

Now, we are completing 9 years after that and the Koran is still there, Islam is still there and the Muslim race is also still there. Nothing catastrphic ever happened.

2012 also shall come and go away and life shall continue as before; maybe a little more harsher..
Old 28th October 2009, 11:54   #30
BHPian

Well I normally do not believe these doomsday predictions, but as per current world scenario due to increased terrorist activities, a major war seems to be in the offing in which lot many nations may get involved. It may be even the 3rd world war causing large scale destruction and deaths. If there is any substance in the 2012 predictions, then this war may happen in 2012.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks