Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I think oil depot is on fire in Jaipur.
IOC Depot! Sad for the shareholders
Old 30th October 2009, 07:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
you mean like this
LOL, Exactly like this. . But I have to pray to god do not bring hurricane or twister when I am in air.
Old 30th October 2009, 08:37   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
above all the probable 3rd world war b/w Israel and Iran. Thats the crux of 21st century destruction.
Iran has already acquired lot of ballistic and other advanced equipments from Russia.
Israel is getting support from US. UN is not satisfied with the WMD issue with Iran.
Iranian President has already claimed to wipe out Israel.
War has already started...!
Yes but that will not end the world, if the authentic scriptures are to be believed. That will be end of few dominant countries trying for world domination via political stooges and paper/electronic currency, and we will see the advent of peaceful and just rulers. People are mentioning 2012, when thats is the time most scholars are speculating the advent of the person who would identify the son of Mary and testify his return. After that is the battle of Khurasaan (comprising of Western Pak called Waziristan, whole of Afghan and part of Iran). The prophet said: go join that army even if you have to travel on thin ice.
Then after the holy land (Palestine) is under the control of the son of Mary, and after he establishes the rule of the caliphate then we could see some real peace.

And yes all this is going to happen in our life time, iff we are going to live till 50 or 60 i.e.

Of course this is all for believers, for others, they'd like to see it before they believe. Till then I would like to say the dominant countries were Britain, USA and now in a short while and for a short while will be Israel.

For more understanding of the subject, listen to the part by part series of lecture here. Ohh yes this was delivered even before Iraq was taken over.

This one is the whole part w/o breakage.
imran hosein dajjal - Google Videos#

All this because someone mentioned Iran and Israel. You are partly correct. Most importantly concerned.
Old 30th October 2009, 11:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

I am actually tired of reading this all.

1) I read somewhere that the magnetic field is shifting. In around 2012 this will actually shift completely. Here for sometime, the gravitational field will reduce by quite a margin, so we will lose some of our atmosphere. Next time our magnetic field shifts, we will loose all the atmosphere, so then our planet will be similar to Mars.

I cant believe this theory.

2) There is some huge change that is suppossed to come every 10K ( or 65K years ) years. This time its longer overdue. People are predicting that it will come in 2012.
Again something I cannot believe.

3) The biggest change could be the rising sea levels. If all of a sudden all the ice melts, we will have ice age or some sort of freeze. But its happening slowly and steadily. This can give rise to issues.

4) Regarding the sesmic disaster, I now agree. Daily there are reports or some shock mainly in pakistan and Afhanistan and India. Its near Hindukush range mostly. N.India receives some shocks. I think yesterday or day before yesterday, there were some shocks in Kutch also.

5) Is Jaipur IOC burnout a result of shocks ?
Old 30th October 2009, 11:49   #50
BANNED

Sometimes such theories and claims remind me of the movie The Mist.

What happens in the end probably tells us what we need to do about such theories.

Funny in a very cruel sort of way.

To those who haven't seen the movie, its nothing great but what is does show is us humans failing at a time when patience is all that is required. The storm will pass.
Old 30th October 2009, 12:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Update:
Slight intensity earthquake hits Chandigarh again. Few hours back Jaipur also had slight tremors.
Tremors were due to the blast that happened in the IOC petrol depot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I heard that there was a blast at the oil fields in Jaipur sometime ago. Any updates on this?
Yeah, they cant fight the fire because of its magnitude, at the moment they just fighting to save whatever can be saved. HPCL & BPCL dumps are also located within a radius of 1km.

They are estimating that it will take 48hrs for the fuel to burn out.

Here is a pic of the fire as seen from my house which is 13kms away from the sight.
Attached Thumbnails
Are we heading towards a major seismic disaster?-dsc02859.jpg  

Old 30th October 2009, 13:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

If something really has to happen on 2012 then I just hope that it'll be the end all those Talibans, terrorists and their cohorts. They have ruined their own lives with their policies and now trying to ruin other's life also as they are jealous of the happy life that other people are living. But I doubt that anything of that sort will happen and we'll still be hearing the news of terrorists attacks and then attacks on terrorist for some more time.

Yes, melting of Ice can be a big problem soon due to global warming. Weather patterns are changing quite a bit. Although I don't believe that the earth's magnetic poles will get reversed withing a year. It may change but the process will take a lot more time, many thousands of years to be precise. As of now north pole still have magnetic south polarity and south pole have magnetic north polarity and this can't be changed so drastically.
Just noticed that we've digressed a lot from the main topic of Seismic disaster to many different other ways of disaster ;-)

Last edited by kaushik_s : 30th October 2009 at 13:23.
Old 30th October 2009, 13:31   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

3) The biggest change could be the rising sea levels. If all of a sudden all the ice melts, we will have ice age or some sort of freeze. But its happening slowly and steadily. This can give rise to issues.
You can read some interesting stuff of Climate Changes here...

Climate is changing, and the Sundarban residents can feel it | India Environment Portal
Old 30th October 2009, 13:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Sorry guys, but the world ended sometime back.
You all now exist in my dream.

As long as I don't wake up. You are fine.
To keep me interested in my dream, I req you to send some money.

Of course that is real money for you but dream money for me.
So you see even if you do send me your real money, I cannot spend it. Promise.

When I recreate the world I will give it all back to you.
Double promise.

Ok I'll send you a cheque for a gazillion dollars and hence you are asleep you won't be able to deposit it and if you do deposit it, it would bounce as the world has already ended

As for the Mayan calendar, I think some lazy calendar writer just got bored and dozed off at 21st Dec, 2012 or I'm sure we would have survived till 2015.

@deky: On a serious note, take care buddy your place seems mighty close for comfort.

Last edited by bashani : 30th October 2009 at 13:48.
Old 30th October 2009, 14:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

According to Hindu religion, the end of the Kalyug (In which we are living right now) is triggered by water. In layman's terms, floods would destroy the land and living being. I dont know how true this is, but the global warming and rising sea levels are some pointers towards this.

Every "yug" has an end and so the Kalyug. Every religion must be having something or the other to indicate the end of the world. Somehow we humans are the only race which is building up its own grave.

I always feel the Hindu rishis were nothing but scientists. I dont know how and when the Indian astrology is derived but looking at the kundali and the planets, our super forefathers were nothing short of genius. Somehow the study was never documented/was destroyed to let us know the methods to predict such things.
Old 31st October 2009, 13:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

The tremors were felt in Gurgaon too. My son called up at 11:15 to say that the building was shaking... I stay on the 14th floor and the effect it seems was more pronounced..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Update:
Slight intensity earthquake hits Chandigarh again. Few hours back Jaipur also had slight tremors.
Old 31st October 2009, 20:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

He he some guys still can't get over the bashings they received in the moon landing thread.
Must have been a painful wait. Hope @ 2012 or earlier, communal terrorists and their cohorts get wiped out for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Every "yug" has an end and so the Kalyug. Every religion must be having something or the other to indicate the end of the world.
Good point, so we now have some diverse religious angles some scientific theories and absolute filmy bakwaas that can be easily ignored.
Get ready people the world is ending.
Old 31st October 2009, 20:30   #58
BHPian

i think i will just watch the movie '2012' whenever it comes out!
Old 31st October 2009, 20:39   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly. And if the world does end, well, it was nice while it lasted
Old 31st October 2009, 22:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Till that time you can watch the 'The Mist'. and give us a review on how it is. Usual filmy bakwaas or something else.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 31st October 2009 at 22:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks