Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 01:11   #76
BHPian

Re: Now have Access to your CIBIL Credit report

Is there any way to see your score without paying?
Old 28th August 2012, 10:06   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
Is there any way to see your score without paying?
If you have good relationship with local branch, you can apply to any line of credit like overdraft or credit card. With that, branch would get a copy of CIR and score (alongwith a "control number"). You can use this control number to request corrections in CIR.

However, this would reduce your score by 25.
Old 6th December 2012, 21:03   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Logged onto CIBIL on last saturday, completed the registeration and payment with credit card within 5 minutes. Got the report yesterday.

I did not present any ID or address proof,just logged onto the new website and verified a few 'choose the correct answer' questions. This part was not clear at first, but it is a fool proof way to check your identity - asks various questions about old loans, phone #s, etc etc, Since I verified all of them correctly I got thru very quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Ok just filed in the form and authentication was successful. The report is to be mailed in 4 days. Lets see what it says as I am looking for a home loan.
Now the report is available instantly. They email it to you right away. So absolutely no waiting period. Pay Rs. 470 and get your report.
Old 16th December 2012, 20:52   #79
Senior - BHPian

Ok I got my CIBIL report. The score read 750. Did not know if it was good or bad but there were certain corrections that I requested. Two of them were supposedly done and I got a confirmation from CIBIL. I got the loan so have not bothered to check it up any further. Am sure it would be lower now since I am under a house loan now. lol
Old 16th December 2012, 21:51   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Ok I got my CIBIL report. The score read 750. Did not know if it was good or bad but there were certain corrections that I requested. Two of them were supposedly done and I got a confirmation from CIBIL. I got the loan so have not bothered to check it up any further. Am sure it would be lower now since I am under a house loan now. lol
Not necessarily. Once you start paying your emi(s) in time, expect the score to go up within the first year itself.
Old 16th December 2012, 21:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

It is a decent score. With regular payment of EMI, this would get better in a year oor two.
Old 16th December 2012, 22:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

Just some guess work.

If we appply for a credit card and get a credit limit of 1.5 Lacs, can this be considered as a indication of good credit score ?
Old 16th December 2012, 22:29   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Just some guess work.

If we appply for a credit card and get a credit limit of 1.5 Lacs, can this be considered as a indication of good credit score ?
In today's troubled times, I would say Yes Bro.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:31   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just some guess work.

Well, maybe yes, may not be either.

If your credit card is with the same bank where you have a salary account, they are likely to overlook your cibil scores when they decide on credit limit / card grade, approval timelines, etc. Some banks are lenient in giving out credit limits (eg. HDFC), while some (eg. SBI, standard chartered) are more careful and increase the credit limit gradually based on how you use it.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:41   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just some guess work.

Not necessarily. In addition to what @Karthikk has correctly mentioned, one more factor you need to consider is banks would evaluate if you are worthy of being given a credit card product based on your credit history and CIBIL score. But the CC product that is applicable to you might be considered on your salary and any possible tie-ups they have for your company (employees) and so on.

For e.g. I have an HDFC Signature credit card, however Citibank refused to give me even a simpler card product because of a Settled CC payment with HSBC a few years back. This is in spite of me having my salary account with them for the last two years and a clear CIBIL history since then.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:52   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Well, maybe yes, may not be either.

If your credit card is with the same bank where you have a salary account, they are likely to overlook your cibil scores when they decide on credit limit / card grade, approval timelines, etc. Some banks are lenient in giving out credit limits (eg. HDFC), while some (eg. SBI, standard chartered) are more careful and increase the credit limit gradually based on how you use it.
Yeah same with ICICI bank too. Started with 49K on ICICI Bank gold card back in 2006. Upgraded me to platinum with 88K credit limit. Again increased my credit limit to 1,04,000 and finally it is at 1,36,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
For e.g. I have an HDFC Signature credit card, however Citibank refused to give me even a simpler card product because of a Settled CC payment with HSBC a few years back. This is in spite of me having my salary account with them for the last two years and a clear CIBIL history since then.
Hhm. I don't have a salary account with CITI. They gave a credit limit of Rs 1,05,000.

On the contrary I have salary account with HDFC and they gave a platinum card withe credit limit of Rs 89K,which should be increased as per my guess.
Old 10th January 2013, 12:20   #87
BHPian

Credit Information: Discredited Bureaus - http://moneylife.in/article/credit-i...aus/30572.html

Quote:
Moneylife has been evangelising credit scores ever since the Credit Information Bureau of India Limited (CIBIL) was set up in 2000. In principle, we agree that borrowers have to be responsible and a lender should not be forced to take a blind risk while lending to individuals. But I received my first shock when an innocuous query to CIBIL’s then CEO, a close personal friend, about how investors can correct factually incorrect information provided by lenders, provoked an intemperate response. I then discovered that CIBIL had no provision to give individuals access to their own credit report. The RBI’s proactive customer services department took up the issue of a Moneylife reader, who had been wrongly reported a defaulter and realised the systemic problem.
Old 15th January 2013, 16:46   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsi View Post
Now the report is available instantly. They email it to you right away. So absolutely no waiting period. Pay Rs. 470 and get your report.
Hi,

I paid the rs.470 yesterday and they said the email with the CIR and the scores were mailed to me but I still haven't received them. Any idea how long it usually takes or should I have received it already ? I keep checking the inbox and spam/junk folders but nothing has come up from them till now.
Old 15th January 2013, 17:41   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Manohar View Post
Hi,

I paid the rs.470 yesterday and they said the email with the CIR and the scores were mailed to me but I still haven't received them. Any idea how long it usually takes or should I have received it already ? I keep checking the inbox and spam/junk folders but nothing has come up from them till now.
I applied for CIR with score recently i.e on 1 Jan 2013. though my online authentication was successful it took them 3-4 working days to email me my report.
Old 15th January 2013, 17:47   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I applied for CIR with score recently i.e on 1 Jan 2013. though my online authentication was successful it took them 3-4 working days to email me my report.
Oh thank you, thank you I was really worried whether that money was going to go for a toss, sine they've mentioned everywhere that money paid to CIBIL is not refundable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks