Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 11:10   #166
BHPian

Re: Now have Access to your CIBIL Credit report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
I

Now in Dec 2013, i again checked my score. It has come down to 800 . I have never defaulted on any payment. All my dues are always paid in full before due date. Any idea as to why has my score dropped by 21 points.
Even a query on your CIBIL report will reduce points in your score if I am correct.
Old 16th December 2013, 19:07   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought something through Bajaj Finance (12 installments,......Dec 2013, i again checked my score. It has come down to 800
This is Normal. New line of credit, "hard pull" for validation, Increase in credit usage would have pulled own your score. Now, regular EMI payments for 4 -5 months have pulled it back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Even a query on your CIBIL report will reduce points in your score if I am correct.
Query by end user does not reduce score ("soft pull"). Only query by financial institutions result in hard pull.

CIBIL relies on transunion systems and processes. Hard and Soft pulls are explained here:

http://www.transunion.com/personal-c...inquiries.page
Old 17th December 2013, 11:57   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got my CIBIL score online for the first time in Feb 2013. My score was 817. In Jul 2013, I bought something through Bajaj Finance At that time (Jul 2013) my score was 821.

Now in Dec 2013, i again checked my score. It has come down to 800 . I have never defaulted on any payment. All my dues are always paid in full before due date. Any idea as to why has my score dropped by 21 points.
Something similar has happened to me too. However, in my case i have not taken any loan yet my score has dropped! In Feb 2013 my score was 835 and in December 2013 it's come down to 825 though I have neither taken any loan nor defaulted on my credit card payment's. I am guessing it's happened because past 5-6 months my credit card bills are always in excess of Rs. 50,000 (My limit is 6,00,000 though). I don't know how right I am though.
Old 21st June 2014, 20:00   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Got my CIR generated yesterday. My credit score is 844, which looks pretty good by the above standards. I had just one home loan, one car loan and one credit card so far and never delayed any payments. May be that helped to get a good score.
Took out another report today through ICICIDirect. The score has improved to 863. May be the closure of my car loan this year helped. I still find some issues with some of the numbers mentioned in the report, including a wrong email id, wrong interest rates for loans, and wrong annual income. However all credit related facts seem correct.
Old 11th August 2014, 11:12   #170
BHPian

Just checked my cibil score online, after reading this thread.The whole process took only 5 minutes .Very convenient for all, looking for a loan.Meanwhile my score is 796 ,which i suppose is good for getting an auto loan from any bank.
Old 25th September 2014, 18:46   #171
vdi
BHPian

Have applied for a home loan at Canara bank and now the bank says the cibil report is showing 648 points. Due to some tech issues this month emi for the 2 wheeler was not debited and this is affecting the processing of home loan.

I would be clearing the dues tomorrow and submitting a letter on this. But how long it takes to get this payment updated in the cibil system? Is there a way the 2 wheeler loan guys can help me out in removing that report from cibil?

Any quick update on this would be very helpful.
Old 25th September 2014, 19:02   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Have applied for a home loan at Canara bank and now the bank says the cibil report is showing 648 points. Due to some tech issues this month emi for the 2 wheeler was not debited and this is affecting the processing of home loan.

I would be clearing the dues tomorrow and submitting a letter on this. But how long it takes to get this payment updated in the cibil system? Is there a way the 2 wheeler loan guys can help me out in removing that report from cibil?

Any quick update on this would be very helpful.
If there is a blot, it stays for as long as 32 months. (CBIL had a presentation at our company recently. And that's the information we got from them).
Yes, the 2 wheeler loan guys can help you update the report. But don't count on it happening overnight. See https://www.cibil.com/credit-score-repair
Old 25th September 2014, 22:10   #173
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
If there is a blot, it stays for as long as 32 months. (CBIL had a presentation at our company recently. And that's the information we got from them).
Yes, the 2 wheeler loan guys can help you update the report. But don't count on it happening overnight. See https://www.cibil.com/credit-score-repair

Thank you. I genuinely hope that 2 wheeler guys would help me. But 32 months is a long period and its like almost 3 years.
Old 25th September 2014, 22:43   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I genuinely hope that 2 wheeler guys would help me. But 32 months is a long period and its like almost 3 years.

Talk to the Canara bank manager directly. If you submit 1) proof of clearing the dues, and 2) a letter from the "two wheeler" loan bank that they are taking necessary action to correct CIBIL report. This would be sufficient to take the loan application forward. But the final decision is the manager's.

Do keep in mind that every time the bank makes disbursement on your home loan they will be checking the CIBIL report.
Old 26th September 2014, 16:02   #175
vdi
BHPian

^
Thanks selvagp. I spoke to the two wheeler loan bank today and they said would help me in this and asked me to come tomorrow.

Let's hope for the best. Fingers crossed.
Old 26th September 2014, 18:59   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Have applied for a home loan at Canara bank and now the bank says the cibil report is showing 648 points.
I guess in your case CIBIL score of 648 points compounded as well. With my past experience all i can say that if CIR does not state your history as "Written off" and your score is 750+ still 99% your loan will be sanctioned, especially when you are applying for home loan which is secured loan.

Just my piece of advice - Nationalized banks are very strict. May be you can approach SBI since what i experienced SBI managers are very helpful and will give you the right advice relatively. Else your last option is approaching private banks like HDFC or Axis. I am advising this because i assume you are in a sense of urgency since you are buying a home. Worst case borrow from private banks and after an year or so transfer your loan account to some nationalized bank. That way you will get some time to sort out all your CIBIL issues
Old 26th September 2014, 22:18   #177
BHPian

Sure shot way of getting your CIBIL report without going through a verification process -- check your internet banking account. I have that in my axis bank account.

Just fill a form, make the payment and your done.
Old 16th February 2017, 13:18   #178
BHPian

looks like it is possible to view your score free (one time)
https://www.cibil.com/freecibilscore
Old 28th February 2017, 23:30   #179
Senior - BHPian

Just checked and it's possible to check the scores.
Is 813 a good score for getting a 4 wheeler loan from SBI?
Old 1st March 2017, 01:01   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Just checked and it's possible to check the scores.
Is 813 a good score for getting a 4 wheeler loan from SBI?
Is it a coincidence that even mine is 813? Someone else got the same too? Also i suppose 813 would fetch you a 4 wheeler loan easily, Offcourse depending on some other parameters.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks