Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite social networking site and why?
Facebook 78 73.58%
Twitter 9 8.49%
LinkedIn 25 23.58%
My space 1 0.94%
Ning 0 0%
Bebo 0 0%
Orkut 37 34.91%
Hi5 2 1.89%
Friendster 0 0%
Xanga 0 0%
NONE! 8 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 12:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

The applications on Facebook are irritating.
What star are you, what car are you.

If someone likes to know I think they should not make it visible for others. Hate hiding all the feeds. FB has a wider reach and connects across well.

Orkut. Simple to use no nonsense. However of late I have noticed that some people just don't orkut because FB is in and orkut is out.

My vote is for Linkedin as this truly serves my purpose of social networking.
Old 31st October 2009, 13:03   #17
BHPian

i went for Facebook and Orkut - although I must admit ever since I joined facebook, 99% of my only social networking happens on facebook and 1% on orkut!
Old 31st October 2009, 13:09   #18
BHPian

Voted for Facebook and LinkedIn.

Facebook simply because of the engineering aspect of it. It's just awesome. LinkedIn for the usefulness of it.
Old 31st October 2009, 16:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

It was Hi 5 first and then no one seemed to be updating.

Then it was Orkut really big time ! But suddenly a whole lot of Fake people and Creepy people started appearing making it very uncomfortable for girls specially to use this site as Privacy features were not available initially and photos were being stolen.

The came FB and it took Social networking to all new levels. Don't we all know how much time we spend on these looking at updates, pics and friends.

Twitter - I am there BUT do not know much about it though American's mainly swear by it.

Europe is again FB crazy.
Old 31st October 2009, 17:02   #20
BHPian

Facebook is my favorite followed by Twitter.

Those who don't like applications on facebook try facebook lite : lite.facebook.com

Old 1st November 2009, 15:24   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Added a new option on the poll : None. For guys like me who don't use facebook, orkut etc.

My online people interaction is only via Team-BHP. I'm lovin' it
Old 1st November 2009, 15:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

I was using Orkut mostly but after using Facebook and its applications now I am more inclined towards Facebook.

However Twitter and LinkedIn are also interesting. But not using that much though.

But my most of my time on internet goes to the on and only Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home. It is great social networking for us in real manner. You can see in Team BHP meet section. Here people literally feels others problem as their own and outright thinking of solving problems with loads of meaningful suggestions. Although members are miles apart from each others.
Old 1st November 2009, 16:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Added a new option on the poll : None. For guys like me who don't use facebook, orkut etc.

why don't we add another option tbhp - if that was there I would have surely selected the same
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Gee...that never crossed my mind, thank you @GTO for putting the None optionfor people to vote for.
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:19   #25
BHPian

[quote=Jaguar;1558366]RuffRyder, do you work for any of the internet companies or are you doing any research for MS or anything? The reason why I am asking this is cause some of my friends from office have Social Networking & Privacy as their MS project topic and this looks very similar to the work they have to do.
quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Ouch. Good point by Jag.

Ruff - if this is a project and you are misleading us, then I would much rather that this thread be locked down. Please come clean on your requirement. The post does sound worded like a project.
Guys,

i am not doing any projects on social networking sites, neither do i work for MS.
The idea of starting this poll came to me as i got to know couple of tricks about Orkut and FB from my friends (who are not on T-BHP) and thought this would be a nice thread for forum users to know/share/find out things they knew/did not know about these site.

I can assure you guys that this poll thread is totally not commercial and non-project based.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:32   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

facebook to keep in touch with friends
linkedIn to keep in touch with business contacts/ friends

managing two of these is difficult enough - therefore I dont use any of the others.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:44   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Facebook is all I use. The rest are crap and don't let your privacy stay intact.

Any ASW members here, asmallword.net ? It's like a snooty version of Facebook by invitation only but has some great professional relation building tool thanks to their business forums and who's who member list.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:54   #28
BHPian

My order of preference is as follows
1.Orkut
2.Facebook
3.Tagged (though its not appearing in this poll)
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:00   #29
BHPian

I use Fascebook for personal networking and LinkedIn for professional. Use Orkut once in a while.
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:03   #30
BHPian

I joined Orkut and was quite active to begin with, got in touch with a few people I had been out of touch but then my interest tapered off.
Joined facebook a few months ago as some people kept insisting that I join but now it seems most just use it to play some games/apps on it and I get updates of how they are doing in that rather than real life.

Hence I use neither thesedays but do keep a check if some "real" message/contact happens

Most Viewed