Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:21   #31
BHPian

Technically the agreement won't hold good because:

1. There is no concept of bonded labour in India

2. Unless the agreement is registered or is on a stamp paper, it is useless.

As a solution, i'd second GTO's advice. Work out an amicable solution, complete the remaining 6 months and move on.
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:28   #32
Team-BHP Support

Is all this a setup to make money of fresh graduates.

Lure a person into a company.
Good cop, bad cop routine.
Ask for a bond worth some lakhs.
Make life miserable when less than 6-8 months remain.
Make it so miserable that the person pays up to simply get rid of them.

Maybe Boss_1 is not such a nice guy after all. Just playing his Good Cop routine.
Old 4th November 2009, 01:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

If rest all things fail, ask him to go slow on the work. He need not slog, he need to not stretch extra hours. In worst situation, company would fire him. This is not something I would prescribe to anyone, but this is an exceptional case.

Trust me, if he is in a software company, company would want to get rid of him.
Old 4th November 2009, 09:02   #34
Team-BHP Support

Suing should be the last option. In fact, it should never come to that. Also, fighting with an employer is quite a self-defeating process. What kind of reference will the employer give to the future employer? And who will hire a person who sued the employer?

I remember a friend back in 1992 who had major fights with the boss using all kind of profane language and then quit. He couldn't get a job for next one year. He ex-boss gave a very sad reference to every potential employer.

In the begining of the career, you have to keep your record clean. If the employer is unfair, just finish your term and get out or buy your way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
If rest all things fail, ask him to go slow on the work. He need not slog, he need to not stretch extra hours. In worst situation, company would fire him.
That would give the company a legitimate reason to give negative reference. Better not do it.

Last edited by Samurai : 4th November 2009 at 09:04.
Old 6th November 2009, 12:49   #35
BHPian

All of you guys, thank you for your kind replies. Here is an update:

My friend got a job at another small company. They have issued an offering letter as Software Engineer and pay will be 4.8 Lacs PA. He will be considered as a fresher.

Regarding the previous company, he said still nothing has been done. He has not resigned /paid the amount and the company has not issued any document or forced him to pay yet. Will update here once there is any new development.
Old 6th November 2009, 20:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey that's a real good salary for a fresher , and in a recovering market. Since it's a small company once again, he should be careful .

Good luck to your friend !
Old 6th November 2009, 22:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
My friend got a job at another small company. They have issued an offering letter as Software Engineer and pay will be 4.8 Lacs PA. He will be considered as a fresher.
This is the best possible outcome for your friend.

This should also teach him importance of building networks within company. We do not know other side of story. If he was good with his work and Clients preferred him than most employers would keep him on project to fetch more business from client.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks