The Weight Loss Thread-photo-collage20190630_142037.jpg

The Weight Loss Thread-photo-collage20190805_2252432.jpg

The Weight Loss Thread-photo-collage20190724_175128.jpg

The Weight Loss Thread-photo-collage20190728_210608.jpg

The Weight Loss Thread-img_20190517_215341_5312.jpg

The Weight Loss Thread-img_20190405_225523_502.jpg

The Weight Loss Thread-photo-collage20190805_220544.jpg

The Weight Loss Thread-photo-collage20190704_054655.jpg

I will also be sharing the future before-and-after collages frequently.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 12th August 2019 at 05:29.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 07:48   #2297
BHPian

Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Absolutely incredible progress Prasanna. Hats off to you.

I'm obese at 95 kgs when I should be 69 kgs (long story why and how I let things get so bad). If you can do it with broken bones and bleeding knees, surely others like me can try.

Thanks for motivating and setting the standard before people like me
Old 12th August 2019, 12:05   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
And a few collages
An inspiring collage. Excellent transformation and hats of to you.
Old 12th August 2019, 16:40   #2299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did 4 20am cardio no matter if it was too cold, or if I bled, or if it was raining. Never missed a single day, 264th day today, and not a single day went by without my cardio and lifting sessions.
Shucks man, that is amazing and very inspiring!

I don't have weight loss requirements, but am very keen on improving my grade at a certain sport that I pursue as a hobby.

Also keep going forward and then back a few steps every now and then due to injuries, the 'lack of time' excuse and a reluctance to do the boring, hard-work foundation aspects of the training. Often wonder and doubt if I'll ever get there. (As a matter of fact, am walking with a stick right know, thanks to another knee injury on Saturday. )

Your post is great encouragement, thank you!

Last edited by am1m : 12th August 2019 at 16:47.
Old 18th August 2019, 21:32   #2300
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just sharing 3 of the many before after pictures. I am still in the journey and I don't really have a number as a goal.
You have inspired us before, and you inspire us again . Glad to see your recovery, and how you've gotten back in shape. Looking really good!

Your post will be going to our homepage .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 22:58   #2301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You have inspired us before, and you inspire us again . Glad to see your recovery, and how you've gotten back in shape. Looking really good!

Your post will be going to our homepage .
Thank you GTO, am1m, Piyadassi and Digitalnirvana.

As I said earlier, being able to inspire and influence others towards better health plays a major part in making me put in the daily grind. And what better than let pictures do the talking.

3 more pics for now, and will also be updating the after pics as I become leaner.

The Weight Loss Thread-photo-collage20190818_2231052.jpg

The Weight Loss Thread-photo-collage20190818_2229132.jpg

The Weight Loss Thread-photo-collage20190818_225004.jpg

Quote:
Is it just me or does someone else too feels that getting too deep into details of nutrition and metabolism actually works against weight loss (psychologically)?

I have been able to reduce 25 kilos in a little over last 3 months, by just following one simple sentence - "Move more, Eat less!"
Quoting myself from the post I made in January 2019. Glad that my philosophy of weight loss remains unchanged

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th August 2019 at 06:47. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 19th August 2019, 00:35   #2302
BHPian

Prasanna, Today for the first time I saw 76.5 on the scale, I was always 80 for almost a year. It's been 7 days streak that I touched alcoholic beverage. So many of my "friends" were trying to force me, but I held my horses. My BF is 24, and want to get it under 20.

In June, there were some emotional issues involved with my personal life, and I was depressed which further destroyed the will to get up and pull back. I'm still trying to fix the state of my mind, and feel hitting the gym everyday is the right way and cleanup my habits.

How do you play the mental game? How do you keep the motivation high? What is the one thing that pushes you out of the bed every single day? What is your secret of mastering the mind?

PS: Mods please make Prassana's post sticky if possible. It will make our ride lighter by few pounds

Last edited by doxinboy : 19th August 2019 at 00:41. Reason: Adding PS
Old 19th August 2019, 00:50   #2303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
I'm still trying to fix the state of my mind, and feel hitting the gym everyday is the right way and cleanup my habits.
Once you get it to a schedule, it follows up very well indeed!

Quote:
How do you play the mental game? How do you keep the motivation high? What is the one thing that pushes you out of the bed every single day? What is your secret of mastering the mind?
Once you make it a part of schedule and once you start seeing the results, it grows on you and it becomes a habit you can never take out.

Quote:
Quoting myself from the post I made in January 2019. Glad that my philosophy of weight loss remains unchanged
Its the same for me too. The only thing is how to sustain over years. Which ever you make it happen, it would work wonders.

Last edited by ampere : 19th August 2019 at 00:52.
Old 19th August 2019, 05:18   #2304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post

In June, there were some emotional issues involved with my personal life, and I was depressed which further destroyed the will to get up and pull back. I'm still trying to fix the state of my mind, and feel hitting the gym everyday is the right way and cleanup my habits.

Hi, Congrats on losing weight.

Personally, it is the emotional burden that you mention, that made me start this lifestyle. I had almost everything shattered on that July 25th 2018. I knew I was going to be off my routine work for atleast 3 months, I had just invested a lot of money on 2 new projects, I was in a lot of pain. I just can't say the magnitude of pain enough. Even on a guy like me with high pain tolerance, it was unbearable for the first 30 days. I couldn't breathe properly and had to use an equipment to strengthen my lung capacity, and even that exercise was bloody hard. Being confined to a room and having to be dependent on my spouse for every single activity, being a burden to my family, not being able to focus on my existing projects (which need total regular attention). There were a thousand things that pushed me down. Soltitude and immobility can be disastrous for a man who used to be active.

There was one point where I had to face my own conscience. The emotional burden was too high that I almost gave up. I realised I had one of the two options, 1. Let life throw me under the bus and play victim or 2. Bloody get up and put a good friggin fight, heck I had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I chose the 2nd. I did not want a mere motorcycle accident mess up my life and affect the lives of people I love . The pain of regret will be so so much greater than the pain of hardwork and discipline.

Moreover I have always been followed by a lot of young and old people alike. I used to be a teacher at a college and have trained a lot of guys at the gym. Naturally a lot of young college kids looked up to me. I realised what a mediocre and below average example I had set before them, being 125+ kg for major part of 2011-2018. Well, I was very strong but not at all fit. And now after the crash, I was broken down to a bed ridden weak person and gained almost 10 more kg during recovery. I knew I would make lives of a lot of people better by making mine better.

I knew everyone believed I will never be back on a motorcycle or at the gym. My doctor told me my paralised right shoulder and arm would get back to 60% normalcy at best as there was nerve pinching and I might need another surgery later.

It was the same emotional burden that kept you away from your routine, made me to start following mine.

I truly believe mind is also a muscle and it needs regular training. I love utilising YouTube to the fullest. There are so many highly disciplined, strong, well developed minds sharing out advises for free. I make sure I utilise a part of my 70 minute 4am cardio in listening to them.

What keeps me going? I always have my back against the wall. I recollect every single moment of pain and struggle and every single sympathetic voice that visited me during my recovery. I do have some mornings when I get up, sit on the bed at 4am for prayer, and my body would urge me to lie down again, and at that point, I remind myself of those painful moments and it works every time. I haven't slept in, not even once. Big reason for my mind to get stronger is waking up at 4 every single morning. Initially it was hard, but I started to keep counting the days and take one day at a time. Today, it has been 272 days, and I have influenced dozens of my friends to do something similar. One BHPian friend of mine has his count on 37th day today, and have already lost about 5 kg. My anchor is 4am mornings and working every single day. No Sundays, no rest days, no sick days, no rainy days, no foggy days. I put in the work every single day. Consistency as consistent as breathing. I have rested for my entire life in those 3 bed bound months.

Seriously, weightloss is not my goal. It is the realisation of how amazingly capable our body is, in fighting back weakness and rebuilding itself. If your body can better itself every single day (during recovery) and rebuild itself to be stronger and more useful, how more powerful can our lives be if we used the potential of our mind along with it?

In my case, it is the body that inspired my mind. In my mind, I really did not believe I will recover 100%, or I will get back my shoulder mobility or that I would ever be at the gym lifting weights again.

I witnessed my own broken body, build strength and muscle from the scratch. I mean, imagine a very skinny weak kid who can't even lift an empty barbell or a 5kg dumbell. I was at that stage in November 2018. My left shoulder would easily lift weights, but my right limb was so badly affected that I couldn't even lift an empty barbell. But I knew the power of my body. The capacity of it to get better and chose to put my mind into it. I saw results every passing week.

Honestly, it is easier for a person who is emotionally at a dark place to fight harder than someone who is already happy. That is what I personally have experienced.

In my mind, I feel everyday has one of the two outcomes, either you let life drag you by your neck and be stagnant at your life goals, or be a friggin warrior, take punches and still get up and fight back, marching towards your life goals.

I have had wonderful things happen in my life since I started working hard. 2 of my new projects which seemed impossible to go forward, got government approval. My existing projects have progressed and I have been really really content with every aspect of my life. There is not even a single moment in last 9 months that I complained about anything. Losing weight and becoming healthier is just an added bonus. This discipline and added energy makes every aspect of your life substantially more productive.

Sticking to the routine is hard. Being shattered is hard. Choose your hard.

Plan a routine, and start following it like your life depends on it, because it does.

Just give the importance to your routine and be very very serious about it. Just like how you would consider a serious important meeting at work. Take one day at a time, and let your family and friends be surprised on the level of commitment and discipline you showcase. It definitely spills out to all other parts of your life.

After all, 136kg body of mine is at 95kg today because I had 1.3kg mind in the right place.

Best wishes on your journey!

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 19th August 2019 at 05:45.
Old 19th August 2019, 07:31   #2305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Best wishes on your journey!
Nothing explains it better than your own emotions!

Questions:

- How much did you weigh when you had the accident?
- Did you diet continue to remain same pre and post accident (esp when post-accident when your activity was reduced to zero?)

Any changes to diet that may helped reduce the spike in weight?
Old 19th August 2019, 07:52   #2306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nothing explains it better than your own emotions!

Questions:

- How much did you weigh when you had the accident?
- Did you diet continue to remain same pre and post accident (esp when post-accident when your activity was reduced to zero?)

Any changes to diet that may helped reduce the spike in weight?
I was around 124-126 kg at the time of accident.

No, my diet changed after accident. Before accident, I used to have a lot of junk food and used to eat out often. After accident it was all healthier homemade food, but the calories were more than before as food became my comfort, and I had to eat well for the heavy doses of pain medications. Activity was 0 and calorie intake was higher, making me gain 10 kg in 3 months, leaving me at weak 135-136kg.

changes right now in my diet are
1. I avoid junk food like fried chicken burgers pizzas icecreams and which were high in sodium and transfats.

2. I limit my portion sizes to not exceed 500 calories per meal

3. I stay away from sugary stuff (I love sweets)

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 19th August 2019 at 08:13.
Old 19th August 2019, 09:19   #2307
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had to eat well for the heavy doses of pain medications.
This explains the spike. Understood!

Quote:
1. I avoid junk food like fried chicken burgers pizzas icecreams and which were high in sodium and transfats.
2. I limit my portion sizes to not exceed 500 calories per meal
3. I stay away from sugary stuff (I love sweets)
All good in the list! What most have realized is "somehow" make it a lifestyle to reduce intake and hence when you eat, you eat with delight!

This rule gets manifested in many ways. Whatever suits people. One form is Intermittent fasting.

Anything that helps and anything that becomes a part of you for ever.
Old 19th August 2019, 09:26   #2308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This

All good in the list! What most have realized is "somehow" make it a lifestyle to reduce intake and hence when you eat, you eat with delight!

Absolutely, Intermittent fasting takes practise and mental strength. But once you are into it, it is amazing as you can consume a lot of calories in a single sitting. It tricks your body/mind into thinking you are in an environment of surplus.

And the "eat with delight" is a crucial component for long term progress

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 19th August 2019 at 09:29.
Old 19th August 2019, 10:19   #2309
BHPian

Quote:

I knew I would make lives of a lot of people better by making mine better.
Prasanna -
Sir, you are a good and a very strong man. More power and luck to you.
Now you have followers not just locally but on the virtual world too

Quote:

Sticking to the routine is hard. Being shattered is hard. Choose your hard.
Truer words haven't been spoken.
Old 19th August 2019, 10:41   #2310
BHPian

Fantastic transformation Prasanna! Keep it up! Super proud of you! Time to update Shaadi.com profile picture! Just Kidding!

I'd tweak your statement to: Eat clean, train mean. Which more or less looks like what you've been doing!

Good luck!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks