Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2005, 12:58   #31
BHPian

that was sooooo much of funnnnnn
Old 5th August 2005, 13:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
that was damn sweet...so turbo lover i guess u start pushing just a bit more....
take care and keep left now if u see blue city behind u..specially is hes in first gear...
dont kick your self if you find an alto storming past you doing a 70 in 5th ..(Fuel Effieciency Mode)

especially if hes in first gear ?
..as for pushing a wee bit more - i have pushed quite a few rides to and beyond limits way too many times ...

btw racer boy there is something called a speedo error ..look it up somewhere. I have dragged city's a lot of times i know it cant hit 60 in 1st gear (true speed)..

@Dadude - you cannot change the gear ratios by the way you drive ,speedo errors in the corsa are huge..i know my corsa very well, that said there's alway further knowledge to be gained ...it is important not to share wrong information ..

PS: i think you guys are trying something really stupid ..pushing a car in 1st gear and feeling good about it ..

cheers

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th August 2005 at 07:29.
Old 5th August 2005, 13:14   #33
BHPian

so turbo u saying that my car wont touch 50 kmph {true speed} in the first...i say thats not true...i hink its totally possible...dude im not crazy to spoil my car...just checking her and he power she cant develop..whats the use of a car if u dont use her to her max without overdoing it.....i lover her way too much.....and bout overtaking u wed both be in first...but lett hat be not intended to be mean...sorry if seemed so...
Old 5th August 2005, 13:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

i said 60 not 50 ..(true speed)

that way hondas are stupid ..because the 1st has a range of 60k's and the 2nd has just 40 k's on it ?

get a decent driver with an esteem tell him to drag against your city .. see what happens in the first 2 gears ..

Quote:
i say thats not true...i hink its totally possible...dude im not crazy to spoil my car
whatever rocks your boat partna !
Old 5th August 2005, 18:21   #35
BANNED

get esteeom bro...u got 1.5 u will take the esteem too....its 1.3 that the esteem can take easily....not 1.5...and anyways thhere was no speedo error and xtreme dude...it could have gone a bit more than 60 too as you said u were on 6500 rpm..and honda goes something in 7....some figure i dont remember....and corsa i am not joking goes 55 in first gear and 85-88 in second..and none of us wnat to spoil our cars ...read the manual also of any car..they mention not to go beyond 3000 rpm as your pushing the engine(they mention becuase of the sound which all cars give out ) and the main thing they mention is that fuel consumption increases..soto avoid that just do not go beyond that rpm...and every car has kept a limiter so that the car is not affeected...if the car would be affected alot they would keep alimiter on 6000 or something....anyways there was no speedo error...and as u said ..why would somebody want to pull his car in first gear...thats because you feel good dude to know how powerful your car is...and as it is he was doin it lat enight when there was almost no1 on the road...and nice dragging jdude...
Old 5th August 2005, 18:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

someone give me a well run in esteem and a flight ticket to mumbai...oh a dry straight stretch...
..i'll show you how a City gets smoked by the suzuki ...
and how insanely tall gearing with 106horses/ton kicks some serious Honda...

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th August 2005 at 07:31.
Old 5th August 2005, 18:28   #37
BANNED

dude are u trying to say that the esteem can take honda 1.5 in a drag?
Old 5th August 2005, 18:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

esteem loses in 4rth ..
0-100 esteem will smoke a city..
seen and done it quite a few times ..

this discussiong is leading nowhere ..
topic was top speed in 1st gear .. i dont want to end up talking like a 16 year old saying who can kick whose butt..

xtreme- said 60 i said no ..he checked he won ..i say speedo error honda doesnt have tall gears ..
corsa will not do 55 (or whatever you claimed ) in 1st ..i put up the gear ratios .you still dont want to heed to it ..
no problem feel good about it and your first gear power .. somehow your stock car pushes more speed than the rest of the corsa's ..impressive

I said what i had to .i speak of experience on the road.
No more on this , am off to beer land ..

over and out

Last edited by turbo_lover : 5th August 2005 at 18:38.
Old 5th August 2005, 19:39   #39
BHPian

dadudeon just seemed like turbo just backed off...guess that leaves u and me alone on this discussion and since we both support one thougth i guess we win.......we should definitely meet up in bombay and have some safe fun...and as for turbo..get ur esteem here anyday ill be ready...i think the corsa will smoke u 2..what say ??

Last edited by xtreme power : 5th August 2005 at 19:41. Reason: spell
Old 5th August 2005, 21:01   #40
BANNED

hahaha definately...im not sure if a corsa will drag the esteem or no..but im sure that my sail will definately smoke his esteem...anyday..hahah...
Old 6th August 2005, 02:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
hahaha definately...im not sure if a corsa will drag the esteem or no..but im sure that my sail will definately smoke his esteem...anyday..hahah...
hmmm couldnt resist this one ..

esteem 0-100 10.33 secs
corsa 1.6 0-100 14 secs ...
Old 6th August 2005, 02:17   #42
BANNED

and what bout the corsa thats got freeflow and k&n filter???
Old 6th August 2005, 02:20   #43
BANNED

and anyways if you are talking about a proper drag...im sure the corsa can surely take esteem anyday...if a proper long drag....and secondly ...i mentioned my sail which means with freeflow and filters...
Old 6th August 2005, 02:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
and what bout the corsa thats got freeflow and k&n filter???
on topend yes it will leap ahead but not on a dash to 100... even with K n N and free flow..try it out yourself..
its all about power to weight ratio...esteem is unbeatable in that department...i think corsa has 82 bhp/ton..
Old 6th August 2005, 02:39   #45
BANNED

88 bro...not 82....and i am sure that with freeflow and filter it will take esteem easily...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks