Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 22:26   #211
Joy
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Well well well , no offence to anyone on this thread, but you would actually have to show me a ghost or something like that to make me believe in the spookiness
Well well, please look at the link below & try out some. Why would you except some companion to show you? Some places are very near to you and you can pretty well visit them.

10 Most Haunted Places in India

Please let us know your experience.

Best of Luck.

No offence to anybody.
Old 22nd November 2011, 00:35   #212
BHPian

He came back for me!

Well, i have experienced a few myself and some of incidents my parents have told me, ok but the incidents may not be dramatic as some in this forum.

I had 2 dogs in my family from 1992 to 2006, the second Labrador retriever expired on 2006. The dogs were in fact like my own brother and sister and i grew up with them since childhood. Pet lovers can understand this. So loosing them was very painful indeed. During the last few months of my 2nd dog "Sunny" it had undergone some surgery in its ears and also had some wound which was bandaged. It eye sight was also very poor so it used to remain only in my dads & moms room, for no reason it would sleep in the other rooms at all. Since bandaged and puss there use to be a certain smell always in the room.

Few months after "Sunny" passed away my parents went to my sisters place in USA and i was all alone in my home. Every day i used to come home from office and open my parents room to switch on the lights, and believe me or not, the same strong smell used to be there, it was so strong that i could feel "Sunny" sitting right there where it used to sit always. i would feel as if i can call him and he will run to me.. but this smell was not present the time my parents were there. Even my servant said the same every time she cleaned the room. Finally one sunday, we cleaned the room completely with dettol and soap.

There was no bed sheet, any thing that had the smell, the room was washed completely. But even after that it kept coming. i used to say this to my parents over phone. Well six months passed by and my parents came back. You guys will not believe, but from very next day we never got that smell. To this day i really feel that he was there with me the times my parents were away. This has got no explanation, neither do i drink,smoke or stay awake through the night. In fact after that i tried really hard if i could smell the same in the room even after it was closed for a while, but i did not succeed.

So from that day, i believe if bonding is so strong, sometimes it comes back to see you.

Last edited by krish82 : 22nd November 2011 at 00:37.
krish82 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 04:08   #213
BHPian

JNU, New Delhi is sprawling old institution laid on the periphery of bustling human conundrum. While it sits lazily on the rolling rocks of Aravali hills, the untouched forest, tall trees, wildlife and the blinding thick blanket of fog during late December adds to eerie feelings. Legend has it that during ancient times the land within the campus used to be a battle ground and later used as a burial site. The striking feature of this campus is the 11 story library, a rectangular block that looks more like a tomb stone adoring this old burial ground.

While still being new to the University, I was curious as to why the 11th floor door leading to the terrace is always locked. This is when I was told by an old buddy that certain years ago, a jilted old person climbed all the way to the 11th floor, dashed through the door and jumped off to certain death. Apart from this gruesome incident, he also told me that students never venture on that floor after the sunset. He also advised me never to use elevator during late evenings as it is haunted. Few innocent students who ventured to this floor inadvertently during the darker hours believed to have seen a silhouette of a man turning his neck towards them and inviting them to get inside the door. They say he smiles.

It was one such routine winter day, about five years ago. I still remember vividly using the english novel section on the fourth floor reading Daniel Defoe's Molflanders. So deeply involved was I that I failed to notice the sky has already turned crimson, the clock ticked past 7 and absolute silence. No one but me on the floor except long and winding mammoth rows of shelves and a stoic incandescent to keep me warm. Just in time when my inner voice was asking me to run downstairs as fast as possible, the lamp illuminating the old torn books started to flicker. Rushed through the door and thanked that the elevator was right there as if waiting for me to get in. I should have been wise. Hearing few footfalls and muted conversation and jingles of women's 'payal' I should have taken the flight of stairs. Not today. The magnetic pull of the time, the rationalist urge to prove that elevator is run by electricity and not spirits, and more likely it was the light. The light inside the elevator, the color of steel and thick tank like cage that convinced me, rather invite me to step in. I did.

Locked inside alone I should have been happy any day. It was not any day. It was a day I was in a place I shouldn't be. It was a day when the whole sky was blood red and I am boxed in this damned lit coffin. It was a day when I pressed the 'G' button on the elevator, it sprinted upwards. What in god's name? Where is Rama and Krishna that I prayed everyday? How can they disown me now? The indicator showed me I am already past 7th floor and I was literally on the floor with my hammer like fist punching the G button with all might. The elevator stopped at 9th. Through the small glass window I couldn't see no one. A dark lonesome unlit wall. I was praying. With blood drained out of my face and the maine around my neck straightened up, I noticed my teeth was clattering. I dare not open the door. The lift started its upward journey to hell. How does the old look like? Will he gnaw or push me out of the building? Will there be after life? I want to meet my mommy and say goodbyes. There was sudden shift in momentum and the elevator started its lower descent. That was the most 'uplifting' moment of my life. Finally I could feel my heart beat inside me. When I walked out of the elevator to the fresh nightly air, I fell in love. Few people who passed by me never knew why I was smiling at them. Life is beautiful.
doxinboy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 12:55   #214
BHPian

2 days back, I lost my dog Bruno, he had a short life span of 6 years due to heart enlarged and liver failure, we buried him in our garden, next to his kennel which used to be his favorite place.

We lit a candle on Thursday, 15th Dec at 7.30pm and the flame was burning till 17th Dec 9pm. There were strong winds an even for once the flame kept burning bright. I thought the flame with due to the strong winds will turn off, but we were all surprised that the flame continued to burn for 2 whole days and finally went off at exact 9pm on the 17th. It was just a normal 10.00 rupee candle nothing special in it.

I dont know whether Ghosts or souls are there in this world but this incident was made be believe that there is something out there that at times even science cannot answer.

I loved him lots an really miss him, something tells me that he is always here, walking around the house.

Regards,
Sajan.
sajands is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 23:50   #215
BHPian

Read in an old issue of Reader's Digest that the spookiest sound man can ever hear is a low long whistle from a mechanic checking a fault under the car. Rest assured that something is seriously wrong with the car.
Old 30th January 2012, 11:42   #216
BHPian

Ghost Trucks

Late in the evening towards the end of December, when I was driving between Dhule and Indore, I had a strange experience. We were clipping along post dusk in pitch dark external conditions on the MP side on a beautiful stretch of 4 lane highway towards Indore. I was on the left lane, and moved to the right lane to overtake a truck on a straight stretch of road after indicating my intention to overtake by flashing my lights and getting a go-ahead sign from the said truck.

As I overtook the truck, I realized that a completely dark shape was progressing towards me on the right lane at a fair clip, and I managed to take evasive action as a split second decision through the gap created between me and the truck I overtook and moved back to the left lane. We saw this monstrous trailer truck with no lights on gliding past us. I was badly shaken and it took me well over 10 minutes to settle my nerves. Inexplicable as I had a clear sign to overtake by the truck, I was baffled on how such a large vehicle just appeared and was so close to a head on collision with us. Probably the truck did not see this trailer at all, or probably something else!!! A hint of the paranormal anybody??
Old 30th January 2012, 15:47   #217
BHPian

obviously since the trailer had no lights the truck driver might not have spotted him. And obviously the driver of that trailer was either drunk or plain stupid. Whatever it was you should go to a temple and pay your regards to the god almighty.
ashish22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 15:56   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
JNU, New Delhi is sprawling old institution...

...When I walked out of the elevator to the fresh nightly air, I fell in love. Few people who passed by me never knew why I was smiling at them. Life is beautiful.
I am all alone in a meeting room and the lights go off when I am reading this

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th January 2012 at 15:59. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire post as it may inconvenience small-screen and mobile users. Thanks :)
Old 30th January 2012, 16:43   #219
Senior - BHPian

My spooky experience:

Last year one night, I saw a dream where I could hear the song 'Jab koi baat ban jaye jab koi mushkil badh jaye' very clearly, but in English. I knew that this is sung by some old english singers (not just one), but couldn't understand the words, only the fact that it was being sung in English. I woke up, time was exactly 4.46AM. I remember the exact time because I made it a point to type in this song in my mobile as a note. Once I woke, I forgot about it totally. After about 1-2 months when I was browsing the phone, I realised what it was, and searched online. Turns out that the Hindi song is indeed a copy of an old english song '500 miles'!

How I heard it in the dream remains a puzzle to me even now. I can swear I have never even once heard the song in English before this incidence!

Here it is:

Last edited by ani_meher : 30th January 2012 at 16:46.
Old 6th February 2012, 13:59   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by root View Post
Ghost Trucks

As I overtook the truck, I realized that a completely dark shape was progressing towards me on the right lane at a fair clip, and I managed to take evasive action as a split second decision through the gap created between me and the truck I overtook and moved back to the left lane. We saw this monstrous trailer truck with no lights on gliding past us. I was badly shaken and it took me well over 10 minutes to settle my nerves. Inexplicable as I had a clear sign to overtake by the truck, I was baffled on how such a large vehicle just appeared and was so close to a head on collision with us. Probably the truck did not see this trailer at all, or probably something else!!! A hint of the paranormal anybody??
Good that you reacted in time. Was there a turn ahead! I guess you should be able to see the oncoming vehicle if you have good range of headlamps, you said you did flash high beam before attempting the overtake, shouldnt that give you a good idea if you have enough clear space ahead (eventhough the oncoming truck didnt have lights on)!
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 14:23   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
My spooky experience:

Last year one night, I saw a dream where I could hear the song 'Jab koi baat ban jaye jab koi mushkil badh jaye' very clearly, but in English. I knew that this is sung by some old english singers (not just one), but couldn't understand the words, only the fact that it was being sung in English. I woke up, time was exactly 4.46AM. I remember the exact time because I made it a point to type in this song in my mobile as a note. Once I woke, I forgot about it totally. After about 1-2 months when I was browsing the phone, I realised what it was, and searched online. Turns out that the Hindi song is indeed a copy of an old english song '500 miles'!

How I heard it in the dream remains a puzzle to me even now. I can swear I have never even once heard the song in English before this incidence!

Here it is: Five Hundred Miles -by The Brothers Four - YouTube
Interesting. These things happen with me sometimes. The most recent being the Sukhoi t-50. I saw that shape months earlier before it was brought out.
Old 6th February 2012, 14:29   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by root View Post
Ghost Trucks
.\
Probably the truck did not see this trailer at all, or probably something else!!! A hint of the paranormal anybody??
No ghost truck here. These are Yamraj trucks. They roam our highways at night, preying on cars.
you escaped the yamraj truck. Be happy
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 14:41   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Good that you reacted in time. Was there a turn ahead! I guess you should be able to see the oncoming vehicle if you have good range of headlamps, you said you did flash high beam before attempting the overtake, shouldnt that give you a good idea if you have enough clear space ahead (eventhough the oncoming truck didnt have lights on)!
Hi Ketan - the headlamps are Civic standard issue. Did see that the coast was clear before attempting the overtake, and no, there was no turn. This just materialized. Happy to be in a position to be writing this post!! However, will check my headlamps before my next long drive. Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 22:48   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I haven't experienced anything notable, but when i am sleeping(within half hour or so) i experience a vague floatation in the air.

Sometimes i also feel my legs in air and i believe i heard a thud of it falling back.

Bad dreams continuously while sleeping at a particular area of the room.

And this one is more logical: sometimes my eyes focus gets increased and very nearby objects appear so distant, even the monitor screen or my hands in the keyboard. But i dont suffer any loss of clarity or dizziness. I am experiencing this from childhood.
I got an explanation for the first two of spooky experiences.
Here it is: That Strange Falling Sensation

I am yet to find out about that eyes getting wide focused suddenly.
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:12   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I am yet to find out about that eyes getting wide focused suddenly.
This is because when you focus intensely on certain things, (for eg the monitor) you slowly get cross eyed. The left eye focuses to the right and viceversa.
What happens due to this cross focusing is that you introduce depth in the image and the resultant focused image is formed away beyond the object. It is the same object that you are focusing but with cross eye. You can play around with Random dot Stereograms and see whether you can infer the shapes embedded in the images
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_dot_stereogram

I get this many times.

Most Viewed