Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 15:33   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Now this started about 2 years back. I got up one night and went to the kitchen. Ours is a 2bhk apartment and the kitchen and the hall were joined together in a right angle. So while going to the kitchen from the bedroom, one can always view the hall. And so I casually glanced at the hall and I got the shock of my life - a woman in her 40s with a pallu over her head and a large bindi was sitting with her legs up on our sofa !! Nopes it was not a white saree. I skipped the water and ran back into the bedroom, closed the door and lay on the bed chanting mantras. I did not tell this to my wife for obvious reasons.

After that we changed houses (not for this reason) but I kept seeing this lady sitting on our sofa in the middle of the night. And lately I kept getting some malevolent vibes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
... They thought the house was haunted, but it turned out that the demon was attached to the family.
Exactly. Reminded me of Steven Spielberg's Poltergeist.
Old 22nd July 2014, 15:50   #377
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

I dropped by on this thread and honestly some experiences have really been horrific. Specially the one where in a member found a lady sitting on his sofa in the dead of the night and the other one was the ganesh chaturthi incident involving the dead old lady and the children.

From my end there are 2 incidents involving Paa!

1) Late 70's: Paa's father had passed away after a prolonged illness and my Paa had joined his first job recently. He being an Electrical Engineer was sent by his company for erection commissioning of a power-plant down south. So, one day when there was some fault in the electrical circuit my paa looked into it and rectified it after which he was about to re-start the plant and behind him were high-voltage power cables which were just a few inches away from touching Paa. Suddenly as Paa said, he felt a sideways push only to see the those deadly wires.

Next day, my grandma called Paa and asked for his well-being. So, as Paa narrated the incident to her she said it was his father's spirit who saved him and she confirmed of meeting my grandpa in her sleep on the night of the incident.

2) Winter 2013, Paa worked for Skoda Power in Gurgaon, and the office was well ventilated and cooled with air conditioners. He had his personal cabin and as usual was working on a project when the window glass in front of him all of sudden shattered inwards (towards his table) but did not fall apart until Paa came out of the cabin. Someone called out Paa "Bahar niklo foran" (come out immediately) and as soon as he came out the glass fell all over the place in his cabin with a sharp glass piece piercing through the head-rest of my Paa's chair.

My paa asked, who called him out but no one had any answer and till August 2013 his cabin never got a new glass window.

Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:23   #378
BHPian

God, I just came across this thread and do I have an incident to share with you guys.

It was in 2006 (8 years back), me and my bro would often go for a drive with his 1 year old baby at night when the kid would not sleep. We stay in Dwarka, New Delhi and now it is a bit crowded but back then it used to be deserted at many stretches. The roads were good, so we would just pick up his wagon R and move around. It must have been 10:30 - 11:00 in the night when we had dinner and we went out as the kiddo was getting all cranky. I sat in the front passenger seat with my nephew in my lap and my bro was driving. There is a crossing near sector 9 metro station where there is a haunted place which we later came to know. We generally were moving around on Dwarka roads when we crossed this place.

I saw a lady in white clothes and white hair kept open and jokingly told my bro to take a look. I was kind of trying to mock at her that maybe some one is playing a prank or maybe some shooting is going on like a hindi film story - a lady in white moving around at night. Just when I looked at my bro and asked him to see what I am seeing, this lady vanished. She was just not there anymore. I could not believe my own eyes. I told him what I saw and he thought I am joking or pulling one on him.

Now the real scary part!!! I thought let him not believe me, maybe I mistook something else for a lady or something. Just pulled down the mirror in the sunshade just to check my face/ hair and I see a lady sitting in our rear seat looking at me with wide open eyes. White hair, white saree. You can imagine what my mental state could be at that time. I pulled the baby closer to me. Thought for a moment and gathered courage to turn my head without uttering a single word. Looked back at there was nothing. Looked in the same mirror and there was nothing. These five minutes were the worst of my life. Till that time we had crossed the stretch. Did not speak a word about this to my bro as I was sure he would not trust me.

After about a year and a half, I came at night from railway station in a cab and was just talking to the cabbie about random things. Couldn't believe it when he said - Sir do you know there is a place here in Dwarka where people say there is a lady in white roaming like a ghost at night. And we were exactly around the same stretch.

Have heard about this story from many other people but have not shared this with anyone. Looking at this thread felt like some others have too had similar experiences. Dont know if anyone of you from Dwarka would agree?
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:58   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

My sister and BIL were transferred to Hyderabad. They shifted in a newly built house. And since then my sister would call me everyday saying that she has had bad dreams, some ranging to nightmares. I thought that since she became a housewife, quitting her job, she may be thinking too much about useless things as she had a lot of time to kill during the afternoons. I regularly used to tell her to read good books, watch comedy movies, etc to pass the time she was alone at home.

Slowly, things only worsened. She would keep calling me every morning to tell that she did not sleep the entire night and how she felt something is not right. Everyday she used to wake up at exactly 02:30 AM. She even used to complain of hearing tinkling of payals at night. We all were concerned a little about her, though not remotely thinking of anything paranormal.

Crossing limits was when she saw her husband, my BIL coming from washroom. She was talking to a silhouette which she thought of him for the last few minutes! Soon, then packed and changed their residence. I used to think that probably because she is scared from inside, so she is experiencing more of this stuff. However, my BIL did complain a few times that one particular passage leading to the washroom, which was kind of a blind passage as one had to turn left at the end of it for entering the washroom, always felt a little chilly than rest of the house.

It's been about an year they shifted, never did once my sister complain about anything like this. But, this was not the end of it...
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:08   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
it turned out that the demon was attached to the family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Exactly. Reminded me of Steven Spielberg's Poltergeist.
Hahaha. Fortunately nothing of that sort happened but tsk1979 is right on the money. Apparently the person who did all the mumbo jumbo to make the lady disappear told the elders in our family that this lady whom I kept seeing had put a curse on the family due to some dispute loooong back.

But all is well now.
Old 22nd July 2014, 22:28   #381
BHPian

This incident took place just some months ago. I have recently shifted to my new house and it is near a Hindu-Custom-ed Cemetery. Probably that's one reason why i could afford the flat. But on the contrary we are a practical family and this is not a major concern for us being on the 11th Floor.

Now we had the entire house set up and all the pooja-paath done. But weirdly for some reason or the other I used to wake up from my sleep at exactly 3pm each night. Was not a concern, as i used to pee and go back to sleep. But when this happened numerous times, it sorto got scary.

One fine day, at around 4am (again goosebumps while writing this - Darn i'm a pussy at times) I felt someone trying to approach me on my bed from right side. I was slightly awake and it felt as though someone placed their knees on the bed trying to crawl next to me. I swiftly opened my eyes and almost got up like "The Undertaker" to find my bed rattling. I could not make out if it was the bed or the whole house. I got up and ran to my parents room. My dad wakes at 4am and he was standing right at the door. I explained him everything. He said nothing happened at all.

My mom said me to sleep on their bed, but the incident i went through had me shaken enough to keep me awake the whole day. Although the other night i dozed off in my room because i am not used to waking so early.

I was a bit scared for a few days but nothing happened later on and now that I'm married, I feel even more secure to sleep in my room.
Old 24th July 2014, 16:17   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
But weirdly for some reason or the other I used to wake up from my sleep at exactly 3pm each night.
I swiftly opened my eyes and almost got up like "The Undertaker" to find my bed rattling. I could not make out if it was the bed or the whole house. I got up and ran to my parents room.
Both the things happened with me too. Waking up the same time is due to some sugar level disparity (thats wat my doc said)

The bed rattling in my case was due to ceiling fan bearing which went kaput in the lower apartment. Their ceiling wch is my floor started vibrating but it was the timing in my case which was spooky.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 24th July 2014, 16:25   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Both the things happened with me too.
Guess I should have investigated. All I did the next day, was to pray that the ghost was a friendly one and if friendly, may it be a female. :P and slept!
Old 24th July 2014, 16:40   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
and this is not a major concern for us being on the 11th Floor.
You mean to say that ghosts would find it difficult to reach 11th floor?
Old 24th July 2014, 16:57   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
You mean to say that ghosts would find it difficult to reach 11th floor?
Haha! I meant the smoke and smell does not affect much. But I like the way you think.
Old 24th July 2014, 23:48   #386
BHPian

http://www.cracked.com/article_18828...sightings.html
This is from ones of the funniest information sites that I've come across.This article focuses on low frequency sound as the culprit for the feeling of spookiness.Have a read!
Old 25th July 2014, 15:05   #387
BHPian

This is one of my favourite threads at TBHP and always feel excited reading a new post.

Some of the posts here are indeed very engaging and scary and for a long time I have been thinking of posting my experiences and stories!!
Our family, especially on my mom's side are replete with ghost stories. Everything from scary, to bizarre to the heartwarming stories. Almost as family tradition, all my uncle and aunts would perform the Plainchit whenever they would get together at our ancestral home in Lucknow! We never had an Ouija Board or anything but used to write out the hindi alphabet and an inverted cup or glass served as a pointer. The experience itself never spooked me, I was too young to understand what was happening and for the longest time I had no idea what the hell was going on!! This was till my cousin explained to me that the damn cup was moving on its own or rather on the accord of a “spirit”. I never believed it and still find it hokum but the entire practice was very fascinating.

Understandably, whenever these séances were carried out, everybody seemed to get into the mood and out tumbled ghost stories which everyone shared – so in a manner of speaking, I found it very comforting and homely!! If I recall and start to narrate all the stories I have heard from my relatives, we will probably have to start another thread but I wanted to share a couple of my personal experiences that I have never been able to explain. Both are not exactly spooky and definitely not scary but are very much of a paranormal nature.

I, my sister and mom and dad have been living in Delhi for the better part of my life. Dad was in Govt. Service and would often be posted for years on end, at times in rather far off locations. During one such tenure, my dad was posted in Lakshwadweep but we continued to stay in Delhi as both my sister’s and my schools were in Delhi. We were living in Kidwai Nagar East at the time, which was next to south extn in south Delhi. The colony was an old one with all the houses being only two stories tall each attached to a big garden surrounding 3 sides of the house. Since, dad was away and my sister would usually study late into the night for her 10th board exams, I would go to sleep with my mother in my parent’s room!

The three years that my dad was away, I continuously felt that a presence was in the house. The typical poltergeist stuff would occur. Doors would shut and open on their own accord, taps would start and at times even shut off. We never paid much attention to these occurrences and they never alarmed us. What was rather strange was that I never felt any feeling of dread or ill feeling associated with the presence or with whatever was happening around the house.

What follows is even stranger – I, my sis and mom would go for after dinner walks and one day as expected the conversation veered itself to the paranormal. During the conversation, I remarked that I thought that our house was haunted and almost simultaneously both mom and sis remarked – “yes, by a young girl”!!

This was very startling, coz I too always felt that the presence I had always felt was specifically of a girl in her late teens. Moreover we all agreed that whoever or whatever was there was a very benign, almost comforting presence.

My sis who studied late into the night, had her study desk in the corner of a room and facing a window which opened out onto our lawn. She said that late into the night she would very often feel that someone was standing behind her and peering over her shoulder or looking over her. But she never felt alarmed or uneasy or startled by this and never had the urge to look back. The feeling that someone had come, was there, would stay for some time and then disappears soon after.

Almost 20 years later, I can still vividly recall once I was just dozing off to sleep and just before my eyes shut I distinctly saw a girl with her hair open pass along our corridor facing my bed. Again, I had no feeling of dread or alarm – it felt as if there was just one more family member, who although was very silent.

Now comes the climax!! Our kitchen was a little separate from the rooms and attached to the Dining Hall. We had a maid who would do the cooking and cleaning and work in the kitchen. One day, Mom heard the maid speaking to someone in the kitchen and since there was no one else in the house (my sis and I were watching TV), mom went to investigate. To her surprise our maid was alone but seemingly talking to the walls!! When my mom asked why she was blabbering all alone – the maid said that sometimes this girl comes and stands in the kitchen while she is working and since she felt uncomfortable with the silence, she would talk to her!!

Thank god – no one replied back but soon after this incident my dad returned for good and once he came back and for whatever reason, good or bad, we never felt the presence ever again!

Last edited by PGNarain : 25th July 2014 at 15:11.
Old 25th July 2014, 17:09   #388
BHPian

Wow never knew such a thread existed in Team-BHP which is hardcore into automobiles and modifications. I have my own story but its not spooky, its rather super natural or spiritual.

It was 2003 and in chennai, i was in college final year and my family was going through a very bad phase, both financially and emotionally. So myh aunt (dad's elder sister) suggested that he meet a holy man who can help in ending our struggle. My dad reluctantly agreed for that. Later in the day my aunt called and said that the person will be visiting our house over the weekend. He would also inspect our house if there was any concentration of negative energy which is affecting us.

As scheduled the person came on a saturday and immediately took a stroll around the house. He asked few questions to my dad (i donno what they were as i was in a different room) and said that there is no problem with the house. The problem might be because of "drishti". Breaking of eggs in front of the house or at road junctions is a common practice in this part of the world to get away with bad omen. And according to him my dad had stepped on it while commuting and hence the bad luck. So he said he will perform a small pooja. By this time I came to the living room. He asked me to bring an invalid coin, i.e. coin which is no longer used. I had a 2 paise coin which i handed over to him. He asked my dad to keep the coin in his right palm and asked me to put 2 drops of tap-water on the coin. I did as he said. Later he asked my dad to close his palm and hold the right hand high in the air. After this he started to chant some mantras for about 40 seconds and asked my dad to lower his hand and open his palm. What I saw defied laws of physics and chemistry. There was a small heap of Vibhuthi (holy ash) in my dad's palm and the 2 paise coin was intact below. I couldnt believe what I saw (being a science student, i went bonkers). That holyman asked my dad to use the holy ash daily (i.e. apply on forehead after morning prayers) and said that by the time it finishes, his problems would vanish and he left. I asked my dad what he felt, he said as that holyman was chanting mantras, his palm was hot and the coin inside was heating up.

Reality check - The vibhuthi did get over in few weeks, so did some of our problems. This inclined me towards believing that there is some invisible energy/force in this world which if properly harnessed and used can and will do good for humanity.

cheers.
Old 25th July 2014, 17:39   #389
BHPian

That vibhuti thing can only be done using aluminium items, which the old coins were made up of (hence, he specifically asked for an old coin). You add a few drops of mercuric chloride to it, and it produces a grayish residue. This trick is being used even today by these self-proclaimed godmen.

Last edited by prateekm : 25th July 2014 at 17:43.
Old 25th July 2014, 18:01   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
That vibhuti thing can only be done using aluminium items, which the old coins were made up of (hence, he specifically asked for an old coin). You add a few drops of mercuric chloride to it, and it produces a grayish residue. This trick is being used even today by these self-proclaimed godmen.
But Prateek, I was the one who kept the coin and all i did was add exactly 2 drops of water from our kitchen tap (which no way contains mercury) and after the "incident" I did check the coin and its size, shape and dimensions were intact as before.

Most Viewed