Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 12:12   #421
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

i am not a believer in ghosts and similar things and love to take up a challenge to sit in so called ghost houses. However, this one incident left me puzzled and to this day i still cannot believe that it was a ghost
My missus and me were traveling to Kodaikanal for a vacation and she was about 6 months pregnant. We checked into a famous resort (name withheld for reasons) in the afternoon and had a relaxing time. The room was about 200 mts away from a valley and away from the rest of the rooms which was in the main part of the building. Also, the room had a fairly high ceiling - about 20 ft or so with manglorean tiled architecture. We had a good evening, met a few people in the resort, had our dinner and went on to hit the sack by 10. Both of us quickly slept
By about 2am in the morning, i got up with a very strange feeling of someone in the room. I looked around and it was pitch dark, so took a flashlight, switched on the bathroom light, looked around the room and finding nothing, hit the sack again. But i could not sleep as the feeling kept coming back. It must have been about half an hour or so later that i turned around and again i felt someone looking at both of us. This time around i looked around and then finding no one, glanced towards the ceiling hearing a creaking noise. And there it was, the figure of a woman, hanging from the ceiling and swaying lightly. I woke up, rubbed my eyes, pinched myself and slapped myself first, looked at the time, drank some water and looked up again and she was still hanging there. I got up, opened the bathroom door, switched on the light, came back to the bed, sat down and looked up. This time no one was there, but i felt a slight draft coming through.
Strangely enough, post this nothing happened. I also dint want to frighten my wife and therefore did not mention about this to her. I spoke to the resort manager, but he was fairly clear that there were no untoward incidents that had happened. However, one of the waiters who was obviously old did mention about a couple who managed to kill themselves but by jumping into the valley.
The question therefore is if it was a ghost, then why was it hanging from the ceiling ? Why was it not jumping around. Also, where did the man go ? Lots of unanswered questions
Old 12th September 2014, 12:27   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
By about 2am in the morning, i got up with a very strange feeling of someone in the room. I looked around and it was pitch dark, so took a flashlight, switched on the bathroom light, looked around the room and finding nothing, hit the sack again. But i could not sleep as the feeling kept coming back. It must have been about half an hour or so later that i turned around and again i felt someone looking at both of us.
Wow! That's spooky. Recently me and my wife had been to a beach side resort and were staying in an independent villa where I was woken up at 2:55 am by a noise similar to a rocking chair moving. There was a rocking chair in the balcony,and the moment I used to move to investigate, the noise stopped. Since the curtains were drawn and thick, visibility was zero. The noise was very clear to be an imagination, eventually drifted into a disturbed sleep. My wife meanwhile slept peacefully and dint hear a thing. I sometimes wished I had gotten up and investigated.
Old 12th September 2014, 12:40   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
.... due to the Fredesrky kowalski effect.....
...... this causes the Fennaral Lauve reaction.....
That was some serious gyaan on Soul, Demon, or Science, or whatever.
I tried to Google up those two terms to understand more, but for the first time probably, Google didn't thrown up any results !!
Now that is spooky too !!

Would you please share some links / articles about these two ?

I had some minor experiences, but not that worth to be shared here.
I am very fascinated though, about the supernatural things and keep reading about em'.
Well, my kid wakes up sometimes around 3:30 or 4, drinks water (while sleeping itself) and goes back to deep sleep. But that isn't spooky for sure.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th September 2014 at 10:38. Reason: extra smiley removed
Old 12th September 2014, 12:52   #424
Senior - BHPian

I have to share two spooky experiences one that I experienced in year 1994 and other being experienced by one of my relative.

In year 1994, I went to Patna for taking some short term coaching from my hometown. I along with my 2 friends staying in room which was on 4th floor of building. There were 2 more rooms in that floor. It was top floor of that building. Everynight post 1AM we used to hear some noise on rooftop just like someone throwing lots of stones. It was not me only, we all 8 used to hear same noise. It used to gradually increase till 2AM to 2:30 AM and then subsides.

For many days, we just ingored it and but it used to happen almost everyday. After a month or so, I checked with our house owner and he said nothing will be there. We ourselves (total 8) tried to investigate as who throws stones on our rooftop.

One fine night, when noise started we all went to roof with torches. There was nothing. We came back and noise was there again. Then we planned that some of us will stay down and rest of us go to roof top to check. To our surprise once we went to roof top there was no noise below. Even I experienced this. My friends went to top they found nothing there but below noise gets stopped as soon as someone reaches to rooftop. Once they came down noise started again. This we checked many times.

This made all of us very scary in middle of night and we beleived something must be there. After someday we came to know that, that area was actually developed on top of some old graveyard. Still it is fresh on mind and remember every bit of it of our experiments. Post this I had no experience so far. We all almost left that place in another one month or so.

-----

Other story is of my relative who was Doctor and posted in some remote Taluka place in PHC (Primary Health Center) in Jharkhand. Since my relative was doctor he used to get call through messenger (No phone was there at that time in small place) many times from nearby villages in odd times. He used to attend all calls along with his Compounder on bike. Once he got some call in 7 in evening. He started to that place on bike along with his compounder. Once he reached that far place the patient was no more. After formality he started returning back around 10:30 PM or so on his bike.

On halfway through his journey in dark night he along with his compounder saw two big white colour human like structures/shadows walking along with them. The more they speed up bike those two shadows make the speed to match bike's speed. It was continued for some 2 - 3 Kms or so and suddenly they disappeared.

Once they reached home both of them were quite disturbed and feeling thirsty. Both of them were shivering hard in that summer night . This is some experience he still remembers although he is now retired from service recently.

Last edited by anujmishra : 12th September 2014 at 13:08.
Old 12th September 2014, 12:57   #425
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Would you please share some links / articles about these two ?
I would be surprised if you had found something on google. If you look online, you will find that every supernatural theory has been debunked.

This is due to a good reason. If actual proof is found, it would cause great disturbance.

In the 1970s-1980s, the cold war was at its height.
Both sides had reached the nuclear stalemate assuring nuclear destruction.

The Soviets then had an idea. The idea was not original however. While their forces withdrew from Europe, they also brought with them certain documents of German undercover science division.

After going through a set of documents, called the Dichstunden file, they dismissed it as mumbo jumbo.

However, in the 1970s, there was a push to leave nothing unturned. Lot of crazy research got funding on both sides, but the Soviets took it to a new level.

They started researching the dichstunden file again. That file contained mathematical formulas to warp space time, which would allow communication with the spirit world.

Those experiments were successful. The lead scientist was Ivak Kovolsovoski, a polish origin guy(A rare thing). He knew the gravity of his work, and the power he was handing the soviets. Imaging, having the ability to steal the soul of any world leader, and injecting the soul of their own soldiers. They would take over the world without a single shot fired.

He contacted the Americans, but they did not believe him. Burdened, he destroyed all the documents, and burnt down the lab. He killed himself, because he knew he would be tortured for evidence.

Unknown to him, a copy existed, and after his suicide the Americans quietly decided to check on things.

Over fourteen top tier agents lost their lives in the operation, and they could finally get it out.

However, it meant, the secret was out. And as you know you can keep nothing from the internet. So the NSA snooping was formed. The original aim is to scour all corners of the web, and get rid of those documents.

But still, the dark web, out of reach of Google, does talk about that. NSA knows this, but if somebody actually derives the formula, they terminate.

They want everyone to think its about terrorism, but its to keep this dark secret from Humanity. For when it gets out, nothing will be safe. People with this power will be able to migrate their soul to any body at will, and as we know, that won't bode well.

Think of it as the next stage of nuclear.

That said, there are rumors that some people have succeeded, at an animal level. When you hear stories of an animal behaving very unanimal like, its usually one such person who has escaped from his body to the animal body.

But the technique to come back is not there. Once they leave the body, they are stuck in the animal they choose.

I shudder to think once somebody discovers how to break the second wall of the soul, and do that with a human. That will be terrifying.
Old 12th September 2014, 13:05   #426

My spooky experience!
It was way back during my bachelor days, and also the early days of metro construction on RV Road. I was going to my sister's place in my Santro from 7th Block towards Rajalakshmi Kalyana Mantap junction on RV Road at about 11.30 pm. Suddenly, I saw a lady in white saree, with flying hairs, come out from the shadows of the construction equipment on towards the road in my front. Thoughts of "mohini" erupted in my mind in a flash. A shudder, and acceleration followed, and I sped. I had also heard that "mohinis" "attack" bachelors, and I stayed alone those days!
A few metres after I sped, I saw a few more faces get out of the shadows, and then I realized! It wasn't any "mohini" after all.
Unfortunate, it's the world's oldest profession, alive and kicking in the shadows of our society......
Old 12th September 2014, 14:19   #427
Senior - BHPian

@tsk : you are on a roll

Love more of such stuff - like what the late lamented Lord Voldermort did in Harry porter, splitting of souls!!

I had a spooky experience recently (or is it spoofy?!)

I'd woken up suddenly in the night due to some noise. The surroundings were slowly getting clearer to my sleepy eyes. I saw a figure sitting on my bed, with the back leaning on to the wall, looking at me. My heart gave a jolt. Then I thought what the heck am I thinking!! I cleared my eyes, took a deep breath and looked at the figure again - it was the bed sheet crumpled against the wall in a triangular shape and there was a slight discoloration on the wall which looked like a face to my imaginative eye!! My heart was left pounding for a few minutes more. I was frustrated with myself for being afraid even if if for a few second. So I went to the kitchen had a glass of water just to get my logical brain back
Old 12th September 2014, 14:34   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After going through a set of documents, called the Dichstunden file, they dismissed it as mumbo jumbo.

But still, the dark web, out of reach of Google, does talk about that. NSA knows this, but if somebody actually derives the formula, they terminate.
Now that the secret is out on the net, am sure Mr Bhatt or Mr Verma are furiously chalking out a Film titled (Dichstunden - Spooky and Mysterious) of the untold secret!
Old 13th September 2014, 07:20   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Love more of such stuff - like what the late lamented Lord Voldermort did in Harry porter, splitting of souls!!
Me as well.

Quote:
I would be surprised if you had found something on google.
This is what I found on Google when I searched for "Nazi ghost research".

The Nazi's and their paranormal quest.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:13   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Injaxn. Your post is great
And you know whats funny man, we only have glass doors in my office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Although I don't get scared very easily, this one thing about waking up 5 minutes to 3:00 am spooks me.
This has become a routine now man, Once I woke at around 02:30 all sweaty, the weather was suddenly hot ( it was cold when I slept), I peeped out side window to check if it has rained and humidity is increased, but it had not. I turned the fan regulator to 5 and went to sleep but could not sleep till 04:00

Quote:
The spirit world is nothing, but another dimension, sitting on a higher plane.

Boy I find this more Spooky

During 3am to 4am, due to the Fredesrky kowalski effect, the walls between the two dimensions reduce the resonance instensity. This allows, extremely thin stuff, eg Helium, and human souls to permeate through.
Yesterday again I woke just before 03:00 and suddenly this post of yours came to my mind, and I punched my fist into the wall to see if I can go into another dimension , but damn it hurt me badly.
Old 15th September 2014, 13:26   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
A
Yesterday again I woke just before 03:00 and suddenly this post of yours came to my mind, and I punched my fist into the wall to see if I can go into another dimension , but damn it hurt me badly.
Same happened with me yest night!!Somewhat managed to sleep after some BBT episodes.

In these times, memory become super sharp and you recollect all the acquired gyaan!
Old 17th September 2014, 23:40   #432
BHPian

Okay, so the year was circa 1994 and I was camping with the mates. We slept in a common dorm type place. Come nighttime, and some commotion ensue sometime late in the night. We could hear scratching noises up on the roof. They would come and go intermittently and in varying length and strength. Add to it, nothing else made a sound - no owls, no bats.

Immediately, the air was tense. What was it ? Someone suggested a leopard, not uncommon in the area. Someone else suggested it was a ghost or witch, looking for a way in. Everyone was spooked, but no one wanted to be the bold one and step out in the night to investigate who or what made the noise.

Then someone with a more scientific spirit suggested it was only the branches of the tree swaying in the wind and brushing against the roof from time to time. We heard the noise intently and decided that was a sane conclusion, and most of us went pack to sleep, satisfied.

Moral of story - there's probably a scientific explanation that we haven't found yet, for things considered spooky/paranormal.

Now the real thing that bothers me, is sometimes I feel a strange buzz by my ear, like something tiny like a bee just flew past very close, but there's never an insect or such in the vicinity. I not only hear it, but feel it - as it brushing past the ear.

Thankfully, no other ghostly apparitions or sounds yet.
Old 18th September 2014, 11:18   #433
BHPian

For the past one week I kept on waking up at around 3 am. As someone wrote above, the mind was absolutely clear with no sign whatever of sleepiness or sluggishness. to my regret there was nothing eerie or paranormal about it though. night was silent and peaceful as always and after a trip to the toilet i could sleep well afterwards, there was no need for big bang theory or two and half men episodes as sleep inducer.

later on I told my gf who is a medico about this sheepishy, she was laughing at first and told me it was a simple physiological condition caused by hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar which is compensated by the release of cortisol, an adrenal hormone. thats why the reason for this high alertness. it can be managed by eating something light like a little spoonful of peanut butter, a light snack or a hard-boiled egg before bed time. Indeed, I had changed a bit my eating habit of late, I was having my last meal of the day before sunset and was finding it great. That was the reason for this 3 am phenomenon.

anyway, lost a bit of thrill due to this simple explanation.

But, but a couple of weeks before I had a shock of my life. Had a week off due to onam holidays here in kerala and i went to my grandparents place. that old house sits in the middle of about a couple of acres of land and there is nothing else there apart from some old big trees. Being there after a long time, I went to see my old school mates and so on and after a movie, eating out and all, it was pretty late when I got back. At about 2 am I reached the house. Using the spare key given to me I got inside and then thought about getting some water from the kitchen for the night for fear of alcho induced dehydration. Went to the kitchen, found a pitcher, got water and started on my way back to my room. It is an old house and still has the old type of partitioned windows which has two parts, upper and lower. The lower part was shut and the upper part was left opened to the open space of courtyard. It wasnt particularly a full moon night but the view outside was absolutely clear. Just before I opened the door to my room I just peeked out and what I saw just jolted the life out of me. In the open space before the house was a sari clad figure standing motionlessly and looking at my direction ...at about 2 :30 am!!

I stood there for a second, I dont know from where I got the courage, I opened the front door and switched on the light and went there. Then came a 'male' voice from the sari figure, something incomprehensible. horror story short, it was an infamous local drunkard who wandered by and on the way got a saree from someone's house and draped it on himself because of the chill. I didnt know whether to laugh or shout at him. anyway, it made a nice story for everyone in the morning to laugh.
Old 18th September 2014, 12:13   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post

Moral of story - there's probably a scientific explanation that we haven't found yet, for things considered spooky/paranormal.

Now the real thing that bothers me, is sometimes I feel a strange buzz by my ear, like something tiny like a bee just flew past very close, but there's never an insect or such in the vicinity. I not only hear it, but feel it - as it brushing past the ear.
I agree with you that most of the things that we describe do have a logical or scientific explanations, but your sixth sense will indicate something else.

Will share an incident that happened with me long back :

It happened about 17-18 years back. I must have been around 15 or 16 years old. Never really believed in ghost stuff back then or in my mind I was too macho to get scared of anything ( or maybe I was trying to be).

We shifted our home to a bigger apartment in Delhi in a better locality. That house was earlier vacant for about 3 to 4 years as the person we bought it from was an NRI relative and settled in Canada who did not have much time to come to india to strike a deal. Since we knew him, he sold it to us.

Intial 2-3 months were very normal, new things happening in the house, wood work, tiles, paint everything. Once things settled down, I started noticing something.

I always had this habit of keeping awake at night, watching late night TV or studying. I used to be up till 2 or 3 midnight. It was a regular practice for a few years, not that I started doing it in the new house.

I started having a feeling at night when I used to be alone that someone is watching me. When I used to go to the kitchen or washroom, I had this feeling that someone is following me. This was a strange and inexplicable feeling because you just sense it. When I turned, nothing! Obviously I could not tell parents or my brother as I was sure they will make a mockery of me. This continued for a few months, nothing unpleasant happened. It just continued like this.

In due course, parents thought of doing a day long pooja at home. We all participated in it and it all went very smoothly.

Just after the pooja, the night was waiting for us with a lot of disturbance. We all can not forget that night all our lives.

Lights went off. We couldn't figure it out because everyone else was getting theirs. It was around 12 in the night. Contacted the local electrician, he said MCP might have tripped. He came to see, MCP was not tripped. I was standing with him with a torch when we checked it. He could not figure it out. Said, will come in the morning with DESU (Delhi Electricity Supply) people.

We had inverter in the house and a good one , pretty new with good batteries. No complaints till that date. It got discharged. No electricity. We were constrained to use candles after a long time. Me and my brother were feeling uncomfortable in the heat so we thought of going to our aunty's house which was not very far, just about 4-5 kms. My brother had some exam in the morning and he really wanted to study a bit.

I had a scooter Bajaj Classic and my brother had a standard Royal Enfield Bullet. Went down and we found both of them punctured. We could not relate as to how everything was going wrong.

My scooter had a spare tyre. I used to change spare tyres in just five minutes. I was very quick with it. I was shocked to see that I could not open the screws with the tools. It had become just too tight. My brother also tried the same, but he could not open it too. And believe me, we were two strongly built healthy gym going boys. We could not take Dad's car as he had to go to office next day.

This thing shocked us and we could relate that something is wrong somewhere. How can so many things go wrong. Now we got goose bumps.

We thought we will stick with our parents around so we had that emotional comfort too. I sat with brother in front of the stairs (as the lobby electricity was there along with everyone else's). We sat there till he finished his study. After that we were just too tired and finally fell asleep. It must have been around 3 or 4 midnight. Nothing happened after that.

In the morning, when the electrician came to check the meter again, he was shocked and so was I. It was just an MCP trip case. We both had seen it in the night.

That guy was really busy to bother, but I could not ignore all these things especially when I connected all of them. Thankfully, that was the last day of the disturbance and after that nothing happened. We lived in the house for 12 years, but even that same feeling never came to me. Though, my life and my routine were still the same. I never felt the presence of anyone else, or anyone following me ever after that.

There might be explanations to all this but I think maybe there was some spirit in the house, who used to watch me or maybe tried to show its presence, and it got disturbed by the pooja and disturbed us on the way out.
Old 18th September 2014, 15:13   #435
BHPian

The 2-4 AM slot seems to be becoming a favourite on this thread. I think I will log into TBHP at the same time and see if any thing spooky happens.

I also wanted share my story of this time of the night. I had never really given much thought to it, even though there had been some occasions that I had woken up during the mentioned interval for no apparent reason.

During my late teens and early 20's I was very fond of watching horror and would usually not get too scared. I guessed it was just young blood or whatever. All that changed almost overnight and now I just cannot watch horror, at least not the ghostly kind!! I also read this thread only when I am in office..

Anyway, I am straying! Getting back to the topic - I had just finished watching "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and the 3AM time features rather prominently in the movie and in the movie is referred to as the "wicked hour" coz it is supposed to be exactly opposite to 3PM which was when Christ was supposed to have died on the cross. It also features a scene with Laura Linney getting up at about 3am for a glass of water and being spooked.

That was it for me, for a good 3-4 months after watching the movie whenever I would get up around that time my mind would play tricks on me and I would be thoroughly scared and would have to convince myself to to get back into bed. Nothing had changed but my imagination started to twist normal everyday things into unknown horrors.

It all passed and now that I think of it, it seems silly. Since then I try not let my feeling get the better of me.

Last edited by PGNarain : 18th September 2014 at 15:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks