Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2017, 00:54   #661
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

:Maybe this one qualifies here as well, as it has spooked me out,
THE MANDELA EFFECT
This theory is very interesting and spooky as well.
Why I am intrigued by it? Below are my reasons, now there are many but I will talk about the ones I can relate with.
1. Mandela: I remember reading about the death of Mandela in my school books, around year 1992-93. Suddenly one day around year 1999-2000, I saw him on news and and out of shock I said "but he died!!" However my Papa said No he never died. But I was so sure at that moment that I had read about his death and than I got to know about this Mandels effect yesterday and well it definitely freaked me out.

2. Looney Toones: Its actually Looney Tunes now.

3. Mirror Mirror on the wall was never said in that iconic disney movie instead it was Magic Mirror on the wall.

4. Famous quote from Alice in Wonderland: 'We're all mad here' never existed instead its 'most eveyone's mad here'. I mean seriously?

6. 9/11 attacks: Pentagon incident, I remember news channel saying there were no casualties as that part of building was recently renovated and it was empty because of repair and maintainance work going. Now it states that 125 people died in there that day.

7. JFK assassination: How many people were in the presidential car? 4? No 6!!! now what about those million conspiracy videos I remember watching about how driver shot him straight, with no one in between.

There are just many more that people are talking about, like Darth Vader never said "Luke, I am your father" just google 'The Mandela Effect'.

Meanwhile posting picture of the official logos of 3 very famous car brands associated with mandela effect. I remember Bajaj logo was just a tilted VW logo, but was that line always there? Bajaj logo does not have any.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...OTI0OA%3D%3D.2

I want to be logical and dismiss this theory as just me having false memories. But 'Magic Mirror on the wall'!!!! like seriously?

Last edited by wrongturn : 26th July 2017 at 01:09.
Old 26th July 2017, 18:42   #662
Senior - BHPian

In case any of you have not seen this.
Old 26th July 2017, 21:52   #663
Senior - BHPian

The creepiest feeling I ever had was watching this video of the Simpsons predictions.

Old 27th July 2017, 11:20   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
In case any of you have not seen this.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=eHpgLk-I4Z8
I believe someone else posted this incident in earlier posts. However, I am bit sceptical if this is really true or not. How did the phone retain battery power for that long (At least more than a few days and possibly a week, I believe), even if it is just a feature phone?
Old 21st August 2017, 23:13   #665
Senior - BHPian

When you know there are only four floors, but the lift is at twelve!

Spooky Experiences : Share them here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1503337380.356805.jpg

That's my office building by the way
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:01   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Attachment 1668691

That's my office building by the way
Probably there might be Hogwarts Academy in your office building
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:58   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
The lift in our 12 storied residential building regularly takes us to the 13th Floor. At least it announces it and sure as hell gives the creeps especially when you are reaching at 1 or 2am.
Old 22nd August 2017, 13:55   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
The lift in our 12 storied residential building regularly takes us to the 13th Floor. At least it announces it and sure as hell gives the creeps especially when you are reaching at 1 or 2am.
Generally, there is no "13th floor" in residential buildings (for superstitious reasons - people refrain from booking a flat on the 13th floor). So it would be 12A or 12B instead of 13 and then 14th floor (funnily, even if you name it G +12 or whatever, it remains the 13th floor!). Maybe in your apartment, it's the same and the lift manufacturer was not told to name the 13th floor differently in the lift's announcement system.
Old 22nd August 2017, 14:34   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Maybe in your apartment, it's the same and the lift manufacturer was not told to name the 13th floor differently in the lift's announcement system.
Naah nothing like that, at all other normal times, it announces 12th floor, ( i live on the 12th floor).
But sometimes, only some odd times especially during the late night hours it announces the 13th.
Its ok man, we don't always need to have an explanation, sometimes it also announces 28th floor and there can't be any logic to that eh but that turns out funny.
Old 22nd August 2017, 14:53   #670
BHPian

Quote:
But sometimes, only some odd times especially during the late night hours it announces the 13th.
Now that is spooky!

like a door to hell opens up during odd times and esp late night.

Next time, try to go there (13th floor, as and when the "opportunity" is announced), and come back to share your experiences here.
Old 24th August 2017, 09:11   #671
BANNED

Really missing tsk1979's bromides of late - looked forward to his interjections with palm-rubbing anticipation! A true original in all his posts. May he return soon, amen!
Old 24th August 2017, 10:09   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Naah nothing like that, at all other normal times, it announces 12th floor, ( i live on the 12th floor).
Well, considering the benchmarks set by your earlier house and its surroundings; what with old men perched on trees; anything here would require a lot of effort to surpass that benchmark.
No offence meant. I agree not all things have an explanation.
Old 24th August 2017, 11:41   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Well, considering the benchmarks set by your earlier house and its surroundings; what with old men perched on trees; anything here would require a lot of effort to surpass that benchmark.
No offence meant. I agree not all things have an explanation.

Hahahaha What offence, after Old Man series, we are absolutely zombie ready.

13th floor? A trivial idiosyncrasy, don't even bat an eyelid when that happens, but yeah thanks to all the jeeper creeper movies, you feel like it will open its door to another world.
Will share if I ever get invited for a party there.
Old 4th October 2017, 08:58   #674
BHPian

I still can't get the logic behind these incidents and never in my life I have faced similar situations. I believe there is some thing spooky attached to it.

This is a story from USA. It all started when we (me, my wife, 2 girls 8 and 3.5 years old) moved to another 2BHK apartment , 10 miles away from where I was staying earlier. We moved to this apt around 6 months ago.

My wife normally gets up at 5:30 AM to finish off the breakfast and school packing for the kids. Many times she felt our second daughter just passed by the kitchen, later realizing that there is no one. My daughter has a habit of coming close to kitchen and hiding somewhere, for the first few times she thought the kid is playing that trick. Every time she checked, my second daughter was sound asleep. This happens mostly in the mornings

On another incident, there was a friends get together at my apt and around 10 small kids (3-8 year rage) was present in the gang. During lunch time, kids were sitting on the floor in a circle,each kid was given a plate with the rice ,roti and curry. After kids were done with the lunch, there was one plate untouched, which had just with a rice alone . No one had given a plate with rice alone to any kid !. Was wondering who put it.

This one takes the cake. When we moved to this Apt, there were two nail cutters with us, and I hung them inside the bathroom closet where there was a hook already pasted. It was a plastic pink hook,small, which has a girls face (The glue part is behind the face). Both of the nail cutters vanished in a weeks time and we were unable to trace them. I told my wife that I put it there, but she thought it was lost during the move.I bought two more, hung them in the same place, they were vanished again. Bought another one, which was again vanished. The hook inside the bathroom closet was away above and both my daughter's cannot reach it.My wife promised that she didn't touch it - I have not taken it either. Last weekend I found all the 5 nail cutters hidden below the wash basin closet, to the corner,under some plastic covers - which is again not a reachable position for my kids. After this incident, I placed another steel hook near the plastic one and hung the nail cutter there, which is STILL there. Dont want to try out the other method again.

There are no other issues in the house, cant move out from here before lease expiry. Would like to know what BHPians feel. Is there any problem?
My wife confirms that its a little girl. Being a father of two girls and knowing how lovable they are, I don't feel scared about it, but there is an unexplained worry.
Old 4th October 2017, 09:24   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
I still can't get the logic behind these incidents and never in my life I have faced similar situations. I believe there is some thing spooky attached to it.

There are no other issues in the house, cant move out from here before lease expiry. Would like to know what BHPians feel. Is there any problem?
My wife confirms that its a little girl. Being a father of two girls and knowing how lovable they are, I don't feel scared about it, but there is an unexplained worry.
Perhaps a CCTV installation will help here??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks