Old 28th May 2009, 17:47   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Once when I was in Delhi I met LBM...
Old 28th May 2009, 17:56   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Once when I was in Delhi I met LBM...
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Mr.LBM or you Sam, but with all due respects to him, that was hilarious to say the least.
Old 28th May 2009, 18:03   #78
RAC
BHPian

^^ ditto. Wow. Somebeody spooked Lord of the Yeti's.

I must have re-read the line at least 10 times already :-)
Old 28th May 2009, 19:16   #79
BHPian

I would like to share my two experiences to this wonderful thread.

First one happened when i was around 11-12yr old and about 7-8 of similar age friends of mine thought of going to nearby colony for no reason whatsoever at about 10-11pm which was 600-700mt away from a place where we lived.
Nothing happened when we went there but while coming back all of us were shocked to see a man in front of us who suddenly came out of fields.He was black,wearing only underwear and had long hair he was also constantly rotating his head the way we see in some hindi horror movies or on TV.
The thing most surprised was that how suddenly he came in front of us.

All of us ran back almost 500 mt back without even looking back and after about 10-15min we saw a rikshaw going towards our place and then we followed him.

It remained a puzzle for me for few yr till i was matured enough to realize that someone must have played a trick with us but anyway it was quite a frightening experience at that age.

Second one happened when i was just over 25yr back(10yr back) during that period i used to study till 1.30-2am.

One day after study i went to toilet which was not attached to room but a separate one near the entrance and i kept the door half open.Then i heard my mom's voice calling me by my nickname.I d'int pay much attention and then again after about 5 seconds i heard my mom calling me again.

Then i looked toward my mom's room through half open door just to check if she want to make sure that its me in the toilet.To my surprise she was not there and for few seconds i just couldn't react.I had goosebumps allover my body and i ran towards my room with zip not even closed.Then i went to my mom's room and i saw her sleeping.I woke her up and asked her if she gave me two calls just now but she said she dint give me any call.

Then i told her the whole story and after that incident i stoped using that toilet.

Guys i am a doctor i would be the last persong to believe in these type of things and i usually make fun of other people who talks of ghosts etc but i still cant believe that incident happened to me.

But then i must admit that we hardly know anything about brains physiology
Old 15th June 2009, 14:28   #80
Senior - BHPian

A late night drive for coffee...

3 AM - Travelling to bangalore proper from Cafe Coffee Day, Mysore Road. Alone. Four other friends were in another car, I was driving slowly, at about 60-70 kmph, in order to enjoy the cool breeze wafting in. Just before Kamat Lokaruchi, Ramanagaram, I get down to answer natures call. Thata when I notice Preeti, who was in the other car, walking towards me. STartled, I ask her what the hell happened and where are the others? She tells me that she had a fight with her boyfriend (who was driving the other car) and that she had got down from the car!!!
Flabbergasted, I start to berate her, but realize that she is on the verge of tears, and so check myself for another time, and quickly bundle her into the back seat car, at the same time calling the other guys to blast then and ask them what they thought they were doing dropping a girl in the middle of the highway in the dead of the night!!! Theres no appreciable cellphone signal, and I wait to talk to them in person once I reach the city.

Well, the rest of the road is travelled in silence, till we reach PESIT (Ring ROad) where we were supposed to meet before going our respective ways. The other Santro is already there, and as I stop my car and approach them, I hear loud laughing and bantering. Gritting my teeth in irritation and anger, I prepare to have an altercation with Preeti's boyfriend, but my words are caught in my throat when I see Preeti sitting in the passeger seat and chatting with the others!

Stunned, and whirling around, I see my car empty. Theres no one there. Front seat, back seat, anywhere else.

I did mention the story, improbabe as it sounded, to the others. Needless to say, they laughed it away. Either I was hallucinating for 50 kms of road...

Or else.....

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 15th June 2009 at 14:32.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:36   #81
Senior - BHPian

@ Arindam - Thats one strange experience, its as spooky as it could get. But what was the objective of "Preeti" to have boarded your car when nothing much has happened to you during the entire 50 kms travel. Are you sure you were not halucinating?
Old 15th June 2009, 14:37   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I did mention the story, improbabe as it sounded, to the others. Needless to say, they laughed it away. Either I was hallucinating for 50 kms of road...

Or else.....

Please tell me this is fiction. , if not when did this happen.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:47   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
@ Arindam - Thats one strange experience, its as spooky as it could get. But what was the objective of "Preeti" to have boarded your car when nothing much has happened to you during the entire 50 kms travel. Are you sure you were not halucinating?
The objective was nothing but to get her home. I was, as you can imagine, at a loss to find her appear out of nowhere when I had stepped down for a leak on the highway, and therefore, hearing her story, I naturally put her into the car to take her to her home.

@ Hemanth: This is absolutely not fiction. This happened last weekend, on a Saturday nite/Sunday early morning. For the record, I do not drink, and was under no kind of intoxication on that particular nite. If anythign I was wide awake, having had espressos at CCD!

I would have loved to believe I was hallucinating, but upon rechecking my car at the PESIT halt, I found my back seat to be warm, and having a depression, the kind when someone sits on the seat for a prolonged period...
Old 15th June 2009, 14:52   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
The objective was nothing but to get her home. I was, as you can imagine, at a loss to find her appear out of nowhere when I had stepped down for a leak on the highway, and therefore, hearing her story, I naturally put her into the car to take her to her home.
Hi Arindam you have misunderstood me, I was wondering what was the objective of "The so called Preeti" to board your car, because apart from boarding your car "The so called Preeti" did do anything else - I mean give you other troubles as the spooky clan are supposed to indulge in.

I understood your objective was to get her back home safely which is very rational thing no doubts about that.

Edit: Arindam has seriously set this thread on fire. Where are the rest of the Bangy guys when we need their expert opinions on the Mysore - Bangalore highway (though I have dones 100's of trips on it during my stay in Bangalore). Could it be a case of too many accidents happening on that road now resulting in strange things like the one Arindam mentioned.

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 15th June 2009 at 14:58.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:54   #85
BHPian

Arindam that is one spooky experience. I find it strange that you did not speak to her on the entire 50 km drive and you let her sit at the back, when usually by nature the other person sits at the front, when there are only 2 people in the car, Unless you are their chauffeur .
Old 15th June 2009, 15:14   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Arindam that is one spooky experience. I find it strange that you did not speak to her on the entire 50 km drive and you let her sit at the back, when usually by nature the other person sits at the front, when there are only 2 people in the car, Unless you are their chauffeur .
Hemanth, Ill explain why.

The reason why I sat her in the back seat was that my front seat was dumped with some heavy duty law/legal books which I had brought from office that day, to study over the weekend. Instead of hauling them to the back seat, I asked her to take the back seat.

As for conversation, as I have already mentioned, the girl was almost in tears, and all I got when I tried casual chit-chat was a sniff here and a sob there. After a point n time, I stopped trying!

@ Pyp: Well I dont know about the antics of the undead but then no, I really cant think of any particular reason for this incident to have occured. As you can imagine, my only thoughts at the time were focused on WHAT had happened, rather than WHY it had

I am a science student, and later a lawyer, and therefore I do not indulge people who narrate such tales much. However, I still seek an explanation to what exactly happened that night...

Yes Mysore Road is besieged with nasty and fatal accidents. I myself saw 2 bikers beheaded on another occasion, after having crashed into a divider at considerable speed.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 15th June 2009 at 15:18.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:35   #87
BHPian

Wow, Arindam, your story was super creepy.

I have one story of my own that happened in Ann Arbor, USA (where I go to college) but it is not as creepy. Also, I tend to write a lot so apologies in advance if it is too long.

Early last month, one of my friends in college was about to leave for good in order to go to med-school in the Caribbean. So to give him a decent send off we thought we'd take him to a good Thai restaurant that we'd heard Rave reviews about(Thai is his favorite cuisine). We located the restaurant through Yahoo and programmed the address into the GPS system of the two cars that we were going to take.

We got to where this restaurant was supposed to be around dusk and found ourselves in the middle of nowhere, on an off road, mildly hilly kind of path with trees on both sides but with the GPS telling us we've arrived at destination. The close trees, the offroad path, the lack of any perceivable life nearby and the growing darkness made for a pretty creepy situation. The people in the first car decided to go elsewhere out of sheer fright but the four of us in the 2nd car (an old Ford Taurus) decide to be adventurous. We saw what looked like a building (and lights) between the trees and a totally off road path that led up a rather steep hill towards this building. So we decided to get one up on the people in the other car and went up the hill thinking that we'd found the place.

But as we got further up the hill the more our doubts grew. We finally emerged from the trees into a clearing and all we found was a dilapidated farm house and a almost totally burnt down barn and absolutely no lights. Now we were properly scared and decided to turn around and head back the way we came and while doing so we got stuck in the wet mud (it had rained earlier in the day). The more we tried to get out, the more stuck we got and in the end we decided to get down from the car and figure out what was going on. You know how usually in the middle of the woods, in the night there is always things that you can hear, be it a cricket chirping or a mild breeze. Well here we had absolutely nothing. The air was still and heavy and it was quiet as could be except for our breathing and shuffling.

We tried to call for help from our phones but all of us had no network coverage and we were totally stranded. So here we were, 4 of us standing around in the middle of nowhere with the situation getting scarier by the minute and suddenly we saw what looked like a torch light coming from the distance. Turned out that this random guy was taking a walk nearby and he luckily saw our car lights and came over to investigate. He said he'd go home and call for a towtruck to help us but refused to let us go with him so we had to continue to just stand and wait.

It was completely dark by this point and we were wondering where the lights that we had seen were. Also, one of us mentioned the situation being similar to the Blair Witch Project and thinking down this line only served to make us more fearful of our surroundings. Suddenly, three out of the four of us heard a really obvious and ferocious growl coming from the broken down barn. The fourth one told us that we were hallucinating and then we all heard it again. We got so scared that we ended up running to the car and locked ourselves in from whatever was out there. Spent 10 minutes literally shivering from fright when, to our great relief, we saw headlights of the tow truck that got us out of there.

We still don't know what the lights we saw were and we have absolutely no clue as to what the growling was, but it certainly was the creepiest thing I have ever experienced.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:36   #88
BHPian

Arindam, after reading your story i am getting chills. Just few weeks back we did a night drive to CCD on mysore road and mine being a new car i was always in last driving at 60kmph speed while others with all their modded cars were much ahead of me. It was around 2am when we returned home and now i am re-thinking about driving alone. btw if somebody of us happen to face a similar situation like this then how to make out whether its really our friend or the so called ghost
Old 15th June 2009, 17:08   #89
BHPian

@arindambasu13 : Really scary. Was Preethi wearing the same dress ? Did you notice ? Also, was her voice the same as always ?
I cant imagine what you must have gone through after seeing her in the second car. Really scary though.
Old 15th June 2009, 18:23   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
@arindambasu13 : Really scary. Was Preethi wearing the same dress ? Did you notice ? Also, was her voice the same as always ?
I cant imagine what you must have gone through after seeing her in the second car. Really scary though.
Ranjit,

Yes I do remember noticing that she wore the same dress, at least from what I remember, namely a pair of jeans and a shawl over a shirt. And yes, she was exactly the same woman, including the voice/manner of speech. In all, I do not recollect anything that i noticed which could convince me that she was another woman.

Now the only possibility that I could think of was that, to spook me, she had gotten off my car, and run into the other car when I stopped at the halt- point. However, unless you are Flash Gordon, I do not think that is physically possible

I generally dont get spooked easily, but yes, the lesson I learnt from this was: NEVER STOP ON THE HIGHWAY!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks