Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 18:44   #91
BHPian

Spooky is the right word for this incident!

Btw, it is not Flash Gordon, but just Flash (different comic character).

"Never stop on the highway" is fine as a motto, but what if someone really really needs to go, as you did?
Old 15th June 2009, 18:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

Okay, stand corrected...Flash it is then!

Well if you really need to get down, then I guess it cant be helped. I could possibly advice you not to do so around and about Kamat Lokaruchi, especially at unholy hours!
Old 15th June 2009, 18:52   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
For the record, I do not drink, and was under no kind of intoxication on that particular nite. If anythign I was wide awake, having had espressos at CCD!
What about any kind of medication?
Old 15th June 2009, 19:10   #94
BHPian

If there was physical evidence of a material person, as described by the seat depression and warmth, it appears to indicate a definite body occupied the space.

Now, as you mentioned, the logical/scientific explanation is that your friends were playing a joke and she somehow managed to transfer back to the Santro at the meeting spot, without you noticing.

On the other hand, this logic does not stand ground to the simple fact that your highway stop was random (right?). So there was no way this could have been planned.

So what then is the explanation?
1. You were tired (it was 3am), and the tired mind can play tricks (but does not explain the apparent physical evidence)
2. A real paranormal experience (But why should it manifest as an image of your friend? unless subconsciously you had been worried/thinking about her. Still does not explain the physical evidence)
3. This did not happen, and this is a good creative story (No offense, I'm just listing out the possible options!)
Old 16th June 2009, 00:26   #95
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! some of the really freaky and awesome experiences here!

You guys need to check out - The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS)
Old 16th June 2009, 10:04   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
If there was physical evidence of a material person, as described by the seat depression and warmth, it appears to indicate a definite body occupied the space.

Now, as you mentioned, the logical/scientific explanation is that your friends were playing a joke and she somehow managed to transfer back to the Santro at the meeting spot, without you noticing.

On the other hand, this logic does not stand ground to the simple fact that your highway stop was random (right?). So there was no way this could have been planned.

So what then is the explanation?
1. You were tired (it was 3am), and the tired mind can play tricks (but does not explain the apparent physical evidence)
2. A real paranormal experience (But why should it manifest as an image of your friend? unless subconsciously you had been worried/thinking about her. Still does not explain the physical evidence)
3. This did not happen, and this is a good creative story (No offense, I'm just listing out the possible options!)
DriveR,

First up, let me assure you that this did happen, and is not a made up tale
I was tired, yes, but at the same time not tired enough not to drive back the 100 odd kms to Bangalore. Nor was I sleepy at the time. Yes the tired mind can play tricks, but for such a long period of time?? It took me almost 45 mins to get back to Bangalore from the time she got on to the car.
Further, the stop was completely unplanned, and solely attributable to the fact that I had had too much of liquids to drink, on account of which I had to stop to relieve myself.
Now the only question for me is: If it was some other woman, who for whatever reason wanted a ride in my car, and provided that my mind had tricked me into believeing an imaginary conversation I had with her.......where the hell did she disappear when I eventually stopped in Bangalore?? Further, I distinctly remember checking my rear view mirror on more than once occasion to determine what my backseat passenger was doing, and therefore the possibility of it being an imaginary person is wiped out!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 16th June 2009 at 10:09.
Old 16th June 2009, 10:12   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What about any kind of medication?
No my friend, I was and am under no kind of medicaition whatsoever. As right as rain, as they say!!
Old 16th June 2009, 10:34   #98
BHPian

I wouldn`t call it spooky but it was real scary for me and the people involved with me.

Here it goes:

We Friends 7 of us went to have coffee after which we decided to go Off Road Country Side since it was raining and wanted to experience the country side during the rains.

We tried a new route and it turned out to be very bad. All slush and mud and my car got stuck at one point. I told all of them to get down (7 in sierra, so 6 got down. We were overloaded + we all had a pretty heavy dinner ) so that i could get the car out of the situation. It worked and we were out but all the time the car was sliding right and left and it was tough to control. It was pitch dark and had all my lights on. At one place there was this 25 ft stretch of water crossing which was completely mudding, since my car is 4X2, i decided to build momentum in order to cross the water crossing rather than using the engine power (i knew otherwise i would get stuck). It worked too but it was scary since my front hella was completely in muddy water and i just kept revving the engine so that it doesn`t shut down.

Finally we could see tarmac and were thanking god for bringing us back in one piece, but we didn`t know god has something else in store for us.

Suddenly we were stopped by around 4-8 lathi clad men , we were scared & tried to go pass them and got thru around 6 people when we realized they were more than 100 people with Lathi, Axe, Knifes etc.

We came to a halt after they broke our Windows & seriously dented the car with their axes & bamboo sticks, they seems to be quite angry & threatened us with dire consequences they checked our cars for some child which had been kidnapped earlier in the evening, (lately they have had 4 kidnappings in the village) with the victims found dead after removing their vital organs like Kidneys & eyes etcs.

They misbehaved initially since we dared to pass thru them without stopping, but only after they realized that we had a lady (my friend`s wife) with us, they got in line & started talking politely asking us why we had taken the off road & not taken the highway & what we were doing in the middle of the night. couple of men were drunk & would not let us pass, also since being on the country side we did'nt have any network singal on any of the Hutch/Reliance/Airtel Phones.

My only concern was for the safety of my frendz in the car and specially my friend`s wife, which had me frustrated & angry.It was only after convincing them for 2.5 hours we managed to borrow someones cell phone (BSNL) we called up couple of friends asking them to come down with the police, which again took around 30 Mins for them to follow up on our tracks.....
So finally at 1 o clock the police arrived, took down our records & convince the villagers to let us pass..

All I can say it, it was one hell of a Night... & off roading experience which will take a long time for me & my friends to forget.

Last edited by Abbas : 16th June 2009 at 10:36.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:15   #99
Senior - BHPian

I don't know whether this is actually spooky but there is a wall in my bedroom and any wall clock does not work when hanging on that wall.

I change the batteries to new ones and it works for 30 minutes and stops - have tried everything but nothing. Tried a new clock and it worked for about 30 minutes and stopped.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:20   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
there is a wall in my bedroom and any wall clock does not work when hanging on that wall.
Something generating an electro-magnetic field from the other side of the wall?
Old 16th June 2009, 12:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know whether this is actually spooky but there is a wall in my bedroom and any wall clock does not work when hanging on that wall.

I change the batteries to new ones and it works for 30 minutes and stops - have tried everything but nothing. Tried a new clock and it worked for about 30 minutes and stopped.
Something behind that wall is using up/storing the battery energy for something diabolical once its fully charged. Be careful man!
Old 16th June 2009, 12:25   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Something is using up all the battery life from the other side of the wall. It would be better if you not sleep with your head facing that wall.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:35   #103
Senior - BHPian

Arindam, that's really a good pun played on you by your friends. Better get it straight with them he he. What might have happened is that they've noticed your car parked on the road. They thought of playing an impromptu prank (believe me, most of the pranks are made on the spot;-) ) and dropped your friend there. As planned she didn't speak enroute. Once you stopped your car at your meeting point and she slipped off to the other car. You were very much pre-determined to give her boyfriend a piece of your mind and so you won't notice anything else.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:39   #104
BANNED

Anyone seen a person talking/behaving in the same exact way of a dead person.

I witnessed this many years back, freaked me out but never understood how.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:41   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Arindam, that's really a good pun played on you by your friends. Better get it straight with them he he. What might have happened is that they've noticed your car parked on the road. They thought of playing an impromptu prank (believe me, most of the pranks are made on the spot;-) ) and dropped your friend there. As planned she didn't speak enroute. Once you stopped your car at your meeting point and she slipped off to the other car. You were very much pre-determined to give her boyfriend a piece of your mind and so you won't notice anything else.
Kaushik as much as Id like to subscribe to your line of thought, I find it physically impossible that she could have sliiped out in broad day light and in a matter of seconds transferred to the other car, right in front of me!!

ALso, the other car was way ahead of me, and no teven in visible distance, since I was driving slolwly and they were well ahead of me. So no chance of seeing me stop and off-loading the woman concernd!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 16th June 2009 at 12:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks