Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 12:42   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Anyone seen a person talking/behaving in the same exact way of a dead person.

I witnessed this many years back, freaked me out but never understood how.
i have seen some on tv but not in real, the soul of the dead person will enter the body of a living person and then he/she will start behaving like the dead person.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:45   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I find it physically impossible that she could have sliiped out in broad day light and in a matter of seconds transferred to the other car, right in front of me!!
I thought you went for the drive at 3 A.M in the morning and its pretty dark at that time.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:46   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Anyone seen a person talking/behaving in the same exact way of a dead person.

I witnessed this many years back, freaked me out but never understood how.
How was that, exactly? Could you share details??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
I thought you went for the drive at 3 A.M in the morning and its pretty dark at that time.
Hemanth if you read my first post correctly, I had said that I driving back at 3 am. The CCD is about 100 kms from my house, and as I was driving very slowly, and including the stop in between, it was nearabout 6 by the time I entered the city and made the halt. By that time there was sufficient light for me to observe the surroundings. Ok yes, broad daylight is probably a misnomer , but yes there was sufficient light.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2009 at 13:30. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 16th June 2009, 13:07   #109
BHPian

Quote:
DriveR,

First up, let me assure you that this did happen, and is not a made up tale
I was tired, yes, but at the same time not tired enough not to drive back the 100 odd kms to Bangalore. Nor was I sleepy at the time. Yes the tired mind can play tricks, but for such a long period of time?? It took me almost 45 mins to get back to Bangalore from the time she got on to the car.

So was it 45 minutes or 3 hours?

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2009 at 13:32. Reason: Fixed Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 13:19   #110
BHPian

Quote:
3 AM - Travelling to bangalore proper from Cafe Coffee Day, Mysore Road. Alone.
Quote:
First up, let me assure you that this did happen, and is not a made up tale
I was tired, yes, but at the same time not tired enough not to drive back the 100 odd kms to Bangalore. Nor was I sleepy at the time. Yes the tired mind can play tricks, but for such a long period of time?? It took me almost 45 mins to get back to Bangalore from the time she got on to the car.
Quote:
Hemanth if you read my first post correctly, I had said that I driving back at 3 am. The CCD is about 100 kms from my house, and as I was driving very slowly, and including the stop in between, it was nearabout 6 by the time I entered the city and made the halt. By that time there was sufficient light for me to observe the surroundings. Ok yes, broad daylight is probably a misnomer , but yes there was sufficient light.
Lawyer saab, contradicting statements, you are changing your earlier testimony . Decide which statement you are gonna stick to.

First off, we should have questioned your 100 odd kms in 45 mins, but I don't think that place is about 100 kms from Bangalore. Mandya is 100 kms from Bangalore and this is much before that.

This is fun., cross examining the lawyer.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 16th June 2009 at 13:29.
Old 16th June 2009, 13:28   #111
BANNED

Quote:
How was that, exactly? Could you share details??
Yes, why not.

A person in his late 30's died in a train accident in Mumbai who used to work for us in the fields in our village.

We had gone to visit around a month after this tragedy. They had a function which is held after 28-30 days after the death. So a lot of their relatives were present. Some pooja and peace to the soul rituals were going on.

Suddenly a cousin of the deceased gets possessed by the dead person's soul. He was one among the crowd waiting for the rituals to get over in the courtyard of the house.

He suddenly starts crying and calls out the name of the dead person's wife in the dead persons voice!!!. This freaked me out totally. Some of the women shrieked in alarm. Totally unexpected and unimaginable situation for me.

Me and my dad retreated to a distance and watched. He went and sat at the exact same place the dead person used to spend time. After his wife came he called out to his children and spoke to them about how much he loved them. Really touching and unbelievable. The poojari performing the vidhi's inside rushed out asked everyone to be calm and not react. He said he has witnessed such events in the past and that the dead man's soul has come to meet his loved one's before he attains Moksh.

The scene was totally totally out of the world. I get goose bumps to this day remembering it. This continued for about 5 mins and then he slumped and someone started throwing water on his face. The guy came to and was normal, but he didnt remember any of the events that happened.

I was totally whacked out. Then i thought the guy was acting. But voice and mannerisms?? No idea how.

The deceased used to work on our fields before he went to Mumbai for a job and died from a fall off a running train. We used to know him well.

This was in 2001.

I dont believe in such stuff but witnessing it was out of the world.

Someday i am going to go back to that poojari and video tape a conversion with him about such incidents.
Old 16th June 2009, 13:38   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Lawyer saab, contradicting statements, you are changing your earlier testimony . Decide which statement you are gonna stick to.

First off, we should have questioned your 100 odd kms in 45 mins, but I don't think that place is about 100 kms from Bangalore. Mandya is 100 kms from Bangalore and this is much before that.

This is fun., cross examining the lawyer.
Lol...good observation. However, there is no contradiction, and a reasonable enough explanation. 45 mins- 1 hour was the time I took from my halt at Ramanagaram till I reached PESIT/Ring Road, i.e. Bangalore proper. That was at around 5 am, though I cant remember the exact time. 45 mins is not the time from CCD to Bangalore baba!! So by the time I reached Bany, it was round about 6am.

The 3 hours that I mentioned is the complete time taken by me for the entire journey of around 100kms. The reason I took more time to cover the first 50 kms, apart from the fact that I was drving very slowly, was:

(i) I stopped three times along the way to smoke. I am a heavy smoker, and do not smoke while driving. Which means I halt, light up, and finish my smoke, before proceeding. This means there was some time lost in halting and finishing a smoke.
(ii) the halt at Ramanagaram, where I had my spooky experience, was itself for some 20-25 mins, since I spent some time talking to the girl, and thereafter trying to call my friends on the cell phone.

Therefore, from CCD to Ramanagaram- 1.5 hours.
At Ramanagaram- halt for around half an hour.
From Ramanagaram to Bangalore- 45mins-1 hour.
Total: Three hours.

Guys, I share in your skepticism in my story, and have questioned myself on whether i was majorly hallucinating. But the fact remains that its still unexplained to me
Old 16th June 2009, 14:10   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I don't know whether this is actually spooky but there is a wall in my bedroom and any wall clock does not work when hanging on that wall.
I change the batteries to new ones and it works for 30 minutes and stops - have tried everything but nothing. Tried a new clock and it worked for about 30 minutes and stopped.
Oh my god, this happens in my room too, but its not consistent as 30 minutes, some times it lasts upto a day or two. I was spooked but until someone told me that, apparently if the wall is uneven the clock may not be upright and some clocks wont work if its tilted/slanting (dont know how far this is true, but i'd rather believe this theory rather than some spooky story giving me sleepless nights ).

Did the clocks completely stop dead or would work on again if placed elsewhere? and like others pointed out check if the cells drained out completely? In that case maybe some kind of electromagnetic force on the other side of the wall draining out the cells.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:15   #114
BHPian

Arindam, any possibility of hypnotism? The 'person' hypnotized you you into believing it was someone you knew. Just a theory! But as to why and how, I have no answer.

Anyways, i guess I'm trying to come out with a logical/scientific reason, rather then a paranormal explanation.

@ Spitfire: It certainly is eerie to witness such things. I have not personally seen such things, but I've heard of similar things happening in my village. Maybe there are some departed souls who are trapped in our dimension. Now I'm just scaring myself! No more late night drives for a while for me!

@ NC: It would be absolutely too much if you say that there is empty air on the other side of the wall! As an experiment, ever tried attaching other battery-based devices?

Last edited by DriverR : 16th June 2009 at 14:19.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:26   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
I wouldn`t call it spooky but it was real scary for me and the people involved with me.

Here it goes:

We Friends 7 of us went to have coffee after which we decided to go Off Road Country Side since it was raining and wanted to experience the country side during the rains.

We tried a new route and it turned out to be very bad. All slush and mud and my car got stuck at one point. I told all of them to get down (7 in sierra, so 6 got down. We were overloaded + we all had a pretty heavy dinner ) so that i could get the car out of the situation. It worked and we were out but all the time the car was sliding right and left and it was tough to control. It was pitch dark and had all my lights on. At one place there was this 25 ft stretch of water crossing which was completely mudding, since my car is 4X2, i decided to build momentum in order to cross the water crossing rather than using the engine power (i knew otherwise i would get stuck). It worked too but it was scary since my front hella was completely in muddy water and i just kept revving the engine so that it doesn`t shut down.

Finally we could see tarmac and were thanking god for bringing us back in one piece, but we didn`t know god has something else in store for us.

Suddenly we were stopped by around 4-8 lathi clad men , we were scared & tried to go pass them and got thru around 6 people when we realized they were more than 100 people with Lathi, Axe, Knifes etc.

We came to a halt after they broke our Windows & seriously dented the car with their axes & bamboo sticks, they seems to be quite angry & threatened us with dire consequences they checked our cars for some child which had been kidnapped earlier in the evening, (lately they have had 4 kidnappings in the village) with the victims found dead after removing their vital organs like Kidneys & eyes etcs.

They misbehaved initially since we dared to pass thru them without stopping, but only after they realized that we had a lady (my friend`s wife) with us, they got in line & started talking politely asking us why we had taken the off road & not taken the highway & what we were doing in the middle of the night. couple of men were drunk & would not let us pass, also since being on the country side we did'nt have any network singal on any of the Hutch/Reliance/Airtel Phones.

My only concern was for the safety of my frendz in the car and specially my friend`s wife, which had me frustrated & angry.It was only after convincing them for 2.5 hours we managed to borrow someones cell phone (BSNL) we called up couple of friends asking them to come down with the police, which again took around 30 Mins for them to follow up on our tracks.....
So finally at 1 o clock the police arrived, took down our records & convince the villagers to let us pass..

All I can say it, it was one hell of a Night... & off roading experience which will take a long time for me & my friends to forget.
Abbas not here to spoil your party,but was this lifted off from here?

The Scary experiences thread - India Travel Forum, BCMTouring.com

Check Post#8 everything seems to similar.
or may be its a fictitious story

Last edited by akshay4587 : 16th June 2009 at 14:42.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:27   #116
Senior - BHPian

Ok, so this real life experience happened to me and my friend about 5 years back, in a small hill station called Narkanda. Back then, 2-3 of us used to go for our fortnightly trips very often to non-commercialized, virgin hill stations near Delhi.

We reached Narkanda by the ST bus around 7.30 pm. I remember there were just 2 decent hotels there - one was near the main bus stop and the other was a HTDC owned place - a bit far from the main bus stop and on an uphill climb. We checked out the 1st hotel but decided to stay at the latter, as we always preferred Tourism Corp owned places (cheaper tarriffs!).

It had snowed the night before so the uphill road (about 1-2 km long) was quite slippery. Me and my friend were walking cautiously on the dark, unlit road. Almost halfway up there, we heard two voices right behind us. That spooked us out to begin with, as there was no one till atleast 500 mtrs behind us when we started on the road. These were 2 young guys who claimed they were from Ludhiana and come to narkanda often.

Ok, so the 4 of us walk upto the hotel reception and they go off to their room. We asked to see the room before booking. Thats where the scary part started.

As soon as we climbed the staircase to go on the 1st floor, I felt I had been to this hotel before (although this was my 1st ever visit to Narkanda). So much so that I pre-empted our hotel boy and told him the direction to the room - to which he agreed! He was infact leading us to the room at the end of the long corridor. When I asked him why cant we have one of the rooms near the staircase, he dodged the topic.

Anyways, I noticed a creaking, flapping wooden window at the end of the corridor, just before turning right towards our room. Strangely, there was no wind passage in the entire corridor but still the window panes were vibrating as if strong winds were hitting them. I asked the guy to close the window tight - and then we realized - there was a solid brick wall behind that window! Amazing, we felt, but decided to still check out the room.

As soon me and my friend entered the room, we felt surrounded by a strange aura/force (NOTE - none of us talked to each other at this point. He told me this later). I had to use the washroom so immidiately rushed there while my friend starting checking out the room.

To my ultimate horror, the white towel in the washroom has blood stains on it! It looked like a scene straight out of a Bollywood movie. I washed my face and pulled out the towel to wipe. Just before wiping, while looking at myself in the mirror, I saw blood stains. I ran out and complained to the bell boy. He was shocked too and could not believe his eyes.

In the meanwhile, I could see my friend's face turn pale/white. He appeared to be frozen at a spot - right where I had left him when I went to the restroom. I went to the large window where he was standing and staring out - we were both looking directly at a deep valley - just outside the window! No walls, no protective parapet - just plain death if somebody accidentally falls off the window.

By this time, I was scared enough not to stay in the hotel. My friend was also getting very negative vibes from that room and wanted to leave immediately. However, he wanted to validate one doubt before leaving.

Now this in interesting. He told me that if I open the drawer on the study table, I would find a xxx brand matchbox (dont remember the name now) with exactly 3 matchsticks and a red candle which is half burnt.

With shaking hands, I opened the drawer and behold - it was exactly as described. We were both convinced that we cannot stay at the hotel and literally ran downstairs.

While running out however, we did notice one thing. Those 2 guys' voice could be heard from their room, and we could see light from a slightly ajar door. However, their car was not to be seen outside. We were sure we had seen it when we entered the hotel.

All said and done, we left that hotel and went back to the private hotel near the bus stand. Later that night, over drinks we were recounting what transpired with us. Thats when my friend told me that many years ago, he had a dream about the exact same hotel room, with the layout, the window opening to the Valley of Death and the drawer. However, at that time, he did not know this would turn out to be true and would happen to him in Narkanda.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:27   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

@Akshay, a job awaits you at Google

@Abbas, The story indeed seems like a copy paste
Old 16th June 2009, 15:37   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Abbas not here to spoil your party,but was this lifted off from here?

The Scary experiences thread - India Travel Forum, BCMTouring.com

Check Post#8 everything seems to similar.
or may be its a fictitious story

Akshay i can explain it for Abbas.

Both Abbas and Mr. Hmasalia,from other link,have mentioned that there were 7 friends including a women in the car.
Abbas said she was his friend's wife and Mr.Hmasalia says thats his wife.

So both Abbas and Mr.Hmasalia may be friends and were travelling in same vehicle when they had such experience.We have to believe it even if this same content is posted in 6 different websites because they were total 6 friends in the car.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:45   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Akshay i can explain it for Abbas.

Both Abbas and Mr. Hmasalia,from other link,have mentioned that there were 7 friends including a women in the car.
Abbas said she was his friend's wife and Mr.Hmasalia says thats his wife.

So both Abbas and Mr.Hmasalia may be friends and were travelling in same vehicle when they had such experience.We have to believe it even if this same content is posted in 6 different websites because they were total 6 friends in the car.
ahhhh never thought of this,if it is then my mistake.
i quoted his message,coz i clearly remembered reading this earlier as i am active on the other forum.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:51   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Ok, so this real life experience happened to me and my friend about 5 years back, in a small hill station called Narkanda. Back then, 2-3 of us used to go for our fortnightly trips very often to non-commercialized, virgin hill stations near Delhi.

We reached Narkanda by the ST bus around 7.30 pm. I remember there were just 2 decent hotels there - one was near the main bus stop and the other was a HTDC owned place - a bit far from the main bus stop and on an uphill climb. We checked out the 1st hotel but decided to stay at the latter, as we always preferred Tourism Corp owned places (cheaper tarriffs!).

It had snowed the night before so the uphill road (about 1-2 km long) was quite slippery. Me and my friend were walking cautiously on the dark, unlit road. Almost halfway up there, we heard two voices right behind us. That spooked us out to begin with, as there was no one till atleast 500 mtrs behind us when we started on the road. These were 2 young guys who claimed they were from Ludhiana and come to narkanda often.

Ok, so the 4 of us walk upto the hotel reception and they go off to their room. We asked to see the room before booking. Thats where the scary part started.

As soon as we climbed the staircase to go on the 1st floor, I felt I had been to this hotel before (although this was my 1st ever visit to Narkanda). So much so that I pre-empted our hotel boy and told him the direction to the room - to which he agreed! He was infact leading us to the room at the end of the long corridor. When I asked him why cant we have one of the rooms near the staircase, he dodged the topic.

Anyways, I noticed a creaking, flapping wooden window at the end of the corridor, just before turning right towards our room. Strangely, there was no wind passage in the entire corridor but still the window panes were vibrating as if strong winds were hitting them. I asked the guy to close the window tight - and then we realized - there was a solid brick wall behind that window! Amazing, we felt, but decided to still check out the room.

As soon me and my friend entered the room, we felt surrounded by a strange aura/force (NOTE - none of us talked to each other at this point. He told me this later). I had to use the washroom so immidiately rushed there while my friend starting checking out the room.

To my ultimate horror, the white towel in the washroom has blood stains on it! It looked like a scene straight out of a Bollywood movie. I washed my face and pulled out the towel to wipe. Just before wiping, while looking at myself in the mirror, I saw blood stains. I ran out and complained to the bell boy. He was shocked too and could not believe his eyes.

In the meanwhile, I could see my friend's face turn pale/white. He appeared to be frozen at a spot - right where I had left him when I went to the restroom. I went to the large window where he was standing and staring out - we were both looking directly at a deep valley - just outside the window! No walls, no protective parapet - just plain death if somebody accidentally falls off the window.

By this time, I was scared enough not to stay in the hotel. My friend was also getting very negative vibes from that room and wanted to leave immediately. However, he wanted to validate one doubt before leaving.

Now this in interesting. He told me that if I open the drawer on the study table, I would find a xxx brand matchbox (dont remember the name now) with exactly 3 matchsticks and a red candle which is half burnt.

With shaking hands, I opened the drawer and behold - it was exactly as described. We were both convinced that we cannot stay at the hotel and literally ran downstairs.

While running out however, we did notice one thing. Those 2 guys' voice could be heard from their room, and we could see light from a slightly ajar door. However, their car was not to be seen outside. We were sure we had seen it when we entered the hotel.

All said and done, we left that hotel and went back to the private hotel near the bus stand. Later that night, over drinks we were recounting what transpired with us. Thats when my friend told me that many years ago, he had a dream about the exact same hotel room, with the layout, the window opening to the Valley of Death and the drawer. However, at that time, he did not know this would turn out to be true and would happen to him in Narkanda.
You talking about Hotel Hatu owned by HPTDC(the other one is mahamaya in front of bus stop)
strange,narkanda has been my favourite getaway since 4-5 years and I go there almost 2-3 times a year,and i have stayed in that hotel you talking about and so have my friends,and that too a lot of times.
I have never felt so.yes the town is quite desolate later in the evenings,and i even tried to scale hatu in snow on a late evening on Dec 2007 but had to give up due to black Ice.
I never felt,anything haunted about this city,never heard from anyone who frequently visit this place.anyways its your experience,next time i will look for this room

Most Viewed