Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 08:26   #181
BHPian

ePaper Lite - Times of India Publications

A Link here to today edition of TOI. Spooky !
Old 7th June 2010, 11:04   #182
BHPian

Here's another story from me. Although I should warn you the reason behind the mystery was found later, so no everlasting spookiness. And sorry about the fact that this one and the earlier stories of mine rate low on the spookimeter. If 10% of what's been described in other posts in this thread happened to me, I wouldn't be an atheist.

So this is after the time my grandfather died. Although the way he died was SLIGHTLY mysterious, but that could very well be people connecting the wrong dots, wanting to believe in some holy/unholy/evil/ghostly fundas.

My grandfather lived on the first floor of my Uncle's [Dad's brother's] home. I, being the youngest kid in the family, was his favorite family member.

We did not have Cable TV at my home. Mom got it disconnected due to my habit of studying while watching TV. And even when we had Cable TV, it would not display a few channels, one of them being Cartoon Network coz it was an old model and the frequency spectrum CN was in was not supported by that set. So I had a habit of watching CN while at my relatives' home.

So, after he passed away, his television set was shifted to the adjoining room which had not been inhabited by him. So here comes the mysterious part.

I always had a fight with my cousins, who, being 10 years older than me, always insisted on watching news while I waged a war for Cartoon Network. Every youngster in the house preferred to spend the day on the first floor wanting to escape the post-death environment on the ground floor. Of course, the freedom of watching TV upstairs was an added bonus.

So the funny thing was, whenever my cousins overpowered me and took control of the remote control, and switched to the news channel, after a minute or so, the TV automatically switched to Cartoon Network.

So you know how the environment post-death is. People want to believe anything. So my cousins were spooked out, and they, along with my grandmother and other family members drew a conjecture that Grand-daddy was watching over me, and was controlling the TV so that I could watch CN. My grandmother started adhering to weird rituals I don't know of. My cousins refused to watch TV, and I was in bliss.

After a few days, a relative with a more rational and engineered mind came and heard the story. He sprung into action and gathered men and attacked the TV. While they were at it, one of my cousins who was my uncle's son in whose house my grandfather lived, admitted that while he was shifting the TV to the other room, it fell. So the engineer uncle opened the TV, and as it turned out, the fall had dislodged the buttons on the control panel, and they were automatically coming into contact with each other, restoring the TV to channel 0, which, conveniently, was CN.

Since that day, grand-daddy watching over me has become a constant belief for the ladies, and a family joke for the guys of the family.

Last edited by anku94 : 7th June 2010 at 11:05.
Old 7th June 2010, 19:45   #183
BHPian

Scary exp inside the house

Hey, how come i miss this thread for long time. I want to share my only scray experience till date.

We bought a used(Constructed) house around 15yrs back. The owner was little old man and had greedy sons/wife. We had made 50% advance payment and the next day the owner dies under mysterious circumstances. Very strange. Shocking part is; nobody around the neighbourhood had a chance to look at the dead body and was taken away by his sons to crematorium within 1 hour after his death.

Since we had made 50% advance payment, we had to buy that house. The brokers who helped us buy that house did not even dared to enter the house. My dad entered first and looked around the house. It was a 2400 sq ft area.

Later we came to know that the wife & first son killed their father due to money disputes. But there was no proof and hence they are still roaming free.

Now, we shifted from rented to own house for the first time. We were very excited. After 3months, my mom started experiencing paranormal ones. Suddenly, she would cry in the middle of the night.
We had to calm her down. Not daily, but at least often. We showed to lot of vastu folks, astrologers etc. My dad & myself were not believing in all these. So, ignored them gradually.

This continued for around 5yrs. After this, one night i came at around 11pm and was fast asleep. Normally, i lock the room during sleep. Suddenly, out of no where, there was a screechy voice calling my name. . I woke up but no one to be seen. I unlocked the door and ran to the hall. Explained what happened to my parents. From then on i was experiencing some weird things. Normally, i was watching TV late night. Like 11pm-12am. Sleeping at 12am was very normal. While watching TV, i was feeling somebody was touching my shoulders, neck and head. It had become normal to me. From then on my sleeping pattern was just 6hrs. Very less sleep to say.

Later i got married, and constructed house on first floor. The night of gruhapravesham was the most horrifying incident in my life till date.
We completed our dinner. We slept in our new house and also master bed room. At about 1am or so, somebody just squeezed my neck and held my hands. I was shouting with weird sound. My wife was shocked to see this. She tried to hold my hand. But, she was just not able to hold. I was literally jumping from bed for 5mins or so.
After 5-7mins of ordeal, i was left free with lot of sweat and pain in my neck. Nobody was around. Just me and my wife. I immediately did meditation. (Vippassana). After 1/2 hr, i released i had talked to the ghost which was roaming around our house for 10years. This ghost was no other than the owner who sold us his house. I still remember the talk.
It was saying the following to me.
"You killed me. I will take revenge!!". (Since, first son was responsible for his killing.)
I was saying "I have not killed you!!".
It sounds like a joke now. But, those were scariest moments i still remember.

Those college times I was atheist. Now, i am close to spirituality.
Old 7th June 2010, 20:44   #184
BHPian

^ Indeed very scary. Whats the status now , if I may ask ? are you in the same house still ?
Old 7th June 2010, 22:10   #185
BHPian

@blackstallion76 - Really scary stuff. So how did you get rid of the ghost? and When did you do discover that owner was killed ?
Old 8th June 2010, 11:57   #186
Senior - BHPian

Well I am from a very religious family. I have few experiences to share. Its not necessarily about evil powers but super natural in general.

1. my mom and dad used to stay on 1st floor and the building had wood staircase. My dad is very religious and has taken a "Diksha" (Well all of us in due course took the diksha) from our guru. He was doing a "Parayan" (A week long reading of a holy book). At night during this period, my mom used to hear shoes making sound on the wooden staricase and the sound suddenly used to stop at our room's door. Then after 5 mins again the sound comes as if somebody is going downstairs. First couple of days my mom ignored it, but then on 3rd day she saw a shadow standing at our room's door. She asked my dad to check out. My dad woke up and checked the entire staircase and near by place but nothing was seen. Then my mom asked our guru who said the "Vastu Purush" (The original land owner) used to visit our room for the Darshan. He gave my mom some ash and asked her to keep it under her pillow. Since then she never heard any sound.

2. During the Shravan (Month of festivals in Maharashtra) our Guru told my mom that a holy man with holy cloths (Orange color) would come for "Bhiksha" (Holy people roam around and ask for food) at 12 noon. He asked her to make sure, my mom would give him cooked food. My mom was puzzled by this and said she would do the same. Unfortunately on that day, a member in the society died in the morning and his body was kept at the ground floor at around 11:30 am. My mom was very much worried as how can she go and give the holy man cooked food in front of people came for final rituals. At 12 she heard a man asking for food. She looked outside form the first floor balcony and she saw one tremendously calm man clad in holy cloths asking for food and looking at her. She somehow decided to offer him food even though there were many people at ground floor. To her surprise, when she came down stairs there was no one to be seen from that family. She thought ever body must have gone to perform the final rituals at the cemetery. That holy man accepted the food, bless my mom, smiles calmly and went away. My mom came upstairs, spoke to my grand mother and then after 10 mins again looked downstairs and to her surprise, everybody was at the ground floor and the body was kept on the tirdi. She narrated this to our Guru who just smiled and said never think about it and just be calm.

3. I had a near death experience when I was in first year graduation. I was with my friend who was riding a Yamaha RX 100. He was known as a risky driver. He was riding at around 70 and over taking a bus when suddenly we saw a white gypsy coming from opposite direction. He insisted on overtaking the bust and increased the speed. At a distance of around 20 meters, I realized that we are not going to make it at any cost. At the very moment, I started feeling extremely calm, extremely satisfied with life. All my good and bad deeds just passed through my mind. I closed my eyes to realize that we were cruising at around 50 and were safe. I asked him how he managed it and he said, he just closed his eyes and he does not know anything else.

After some googling, I came to know the reason behind me feeling extremely calm. The brain at such instances stimulates a chemical which helps easing out pain. This happens when the oxygen in blood decreases. So there is a scientific reason behind this at least.

4. My dad was working late at one night all alone if the office. When he was leaving and coming downstairs, he saw somebody passing from one corner to the other through the gap between the door and the floor. Next day he narrated this to the watchman who said, there is a rumor that this place is haunted by a man who was murdered there. Before the office was setup it a bungalow. My dad is very brave in this and he has immense positive power as he regularly does the meditation and other spiritual things. I would have fainted if I would have seen this.

5. While my dad doing the same 7 week reading of the holy book which we call "Parayan" at my place some 7-8 years back, at one fine evening while I was playing on comp, I felt somebody else in the room where he performed the pooja and reading. That time, it was only me at home. I did not see anybody but certainly felt some foreign body presence. I was s*** scared and just went down stairs. Even today I could not understand what was it.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 8th June 2010 at 12:05.
Old 8th June 2010, 17:11   #187
Senior - BHPian

I haven't experienced anything notable, but when i am sleeping(within half hour or so) i experience a vague floatation in the air.

Sometimes i also feel my legs in air and i believe i heard a thud of it falling back.

Bad dreams continuously while sleeping at a particular area of the room.

And this one is more logical: sometimes my eyes focus gets increased and very nearby objects appear so distant, even the monitor screen or my hands in the keyboard. But i dont suffer any loss of clarity or dizziness. I am experiencing this from childhood.
Old 9th June 2010, 14:46   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I haven't experienced anything notable, but when i am sleeping(within half hour or so) i experience a vague floatation in the air.

Sometimes i also feel my legs in air and i believe i heard a thud of it falling back.

Bad dreams continuously while sleeping at a particular area of the room.

And this one is more logical: sometimes my eyes focus gets increased and very nearby objects appear so distant, even the monitor screen or my hands in the keyboard. But i dont suffer any loss of clarity or dizziness. I am experiencing this from childhood.
Typically such things happen when you are in R-E-M sleep. One part of the brain works on the day activity and tries to match up data and categorize it. Typically in this phase we see dreams and people which are not related to each other but strangely become part of one related thing. This is nothing but your brain continuously processing the data and asking if it is important to be saved or not. At this very phase, the part of the brain which controls muscular movements goes limp or in idle stage. The body sensitivity goes for toss and we feel as if:
1. We can not speak even if we want to
2. We are not able to open eyes
3. Our hands/legs go limp or you feel that you have lost control over your body parts

This REM phase is very interesting and research is going on this. Few say brain stores the data while others say its your "soul" which stores information while brain just processes it.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:52   #189
BHPian

One spooky incident @ somewhere in Mysore

This weekend I was driving all alone to my hometown in Kerala in the Bolero. These days, they block the traffic on the Gundulpet-Sulthan Bathery route (cutting through the Bandipur/Mudumalai forest) from 9 in the night till 6 in the morning. Left Bangalore by 10.30pm on friday night. Reached the suburbs of Mysore by around 1.45 and I usually take a left towards the ring road from the main signal before Mysore and join the Ooty/Wayand road, instead of proceeding straight into the city. This road is one deserted stretch.
Somehow, I had this sort of not so good feeling about the cemetary I had to pass by. Maybe its all mind's games. But then, just before the cemetery, I see a lady with a white shawl walking on the left side of the road. I was totally spooked out, and sped away. This is one deserted stretch and there was'nt a single soul on the road. No street lights.nothing. It was pitch dark.

Bhpians from Mysore would be able to identify this place. This is the road joining the Ooty road and opposite to the Illathotta area.

Last edited by jeeva : 28th June 2010 at 11:56.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:29   #190
BHPian

Well I have a few incident which I would like to narrate, firstly I would like to tell you that I dont believe in ghosts as such but I definitely do believe in certain powers in our world, both good and bad , and Im not ashamed to accept that Im not too brave in such situations if Im alone.

1) I am working thru my company as a Project Manager in a well known South Bombay Hospital where there is refurbishment work of wards going on which we are managing. Now we had a small room on the floor which was used as our site office. Now my table in the room was a typical Boss's table where if someone is sitting across the table cant see my legs as the table is completely covered from front with wood. And from where I site I can stretch my legs completely inside the hollow between the desk top and the floor. Now one fine day I was sitting on the other (visitor) side working on my laptop. Now in my head I was telling myself ok now I have to open google and I double clicked on the i explorer icon and guess what, the google website opened. Now this wouldnt be so surprising, if my default webpage was set to open in yahoo. Being in work I ignored it telling myself that I opened the webpage but couldnt recollect it in my work. This happened a few times, finally I chose to do it very conciously and kept thinking I want to open facebook and double clicked the i explorer icon and to my utter surprise facebook home page opened. Now I opened the webpage settings to confirm my default home page website and it was still yahoo. Now in the middle of all this i hear a whistle, soft but distinct.Now the scary part is this sound was coming from the hollow between the top of the desk and the ground and me being on the other side could not see if there was anything in the cavity. Petrified I still kept my calm and kept listening if the sound was my imagination or for real, finally when the whistle didnt stop I scampered out of my cabin. When I told this to one of the contractors he was like Sir, this is a hospital, people die here dont look so surprised. This dying thing I hadnt thought off. Next day I peeped into the cabin and kept an idol or lord ganesh on the table nothing happened after that. It was an eerie experience but whatever it was didnt try to hurt or trouble me.

2) Now this incident happened one day in late evening maybe by 9 pm.I was coming back from phoenix mills, parel and was on the first flyover towards prabhadevi. My then Gf and nnow wife was in the front seat with me and a colleague was behind. Now I was reaching the center of the flyover, was driving at about 40km/hr when I slowed down the car, my gf immediately asked why was I slowing down, not paying attention to her I kept slowing down , in this I observed that the car in the opposite lane slowed down as well. Now I would like to rewind the scene by 20 seconds here. Just as I was reaching the middle of the flyover I see a tall lanky man walking across the width of the flyover in front of me due to which I slowed down, at the same time the car in the opposite lane slowed down as well, now I slowed down completely as a reflex action, there is a man in front so slowed down back to the present, when my GF asked again , why are you slowing down, I replied, cant you see that man walking in the middle of the road, and she says NO!!! This is the point I move ahead of the man and I immediately start looking in my ORVM and RVM but I cant see the guy anywhere, I turn around andd look but no he is not there. Oncce we got off the flyover then I realised where would the man go in the middle of the flyover at its maximum height with no place to walk for pedestrians.

3) I had been to ganpatipule,Ratnagiri with my cousins a couple of months back. It was my brother my wife and me in the room just about to leave for dinner. I was talking to my wife when suddenly I see this white cloud in front of my eyes, instinctively i rub my eyes thinking its the goop which accumulates at the corner of the eye,I open my eyes to see the cloud still ther around my wifes face but she cant see it slowly the cloud starts moving to my right and disappears after a few seconds. Slept that night feeling creepy and speced out.

But none of the entities so to say troubled me and i hope it remains like that. I dont mind the experiences but non toublesome like I have experienced till now.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th January 2020 at 15:50. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Old 29th June 2010, 15:13   #191
BHPian

I had written all 8 questions (160 marks) in one of my 7th semester VTU papers. But got unsatisfactory marks. So, I applied for revaluation. For some strange reason I was expecting to get 22 marks extra after the revaluation. Whenever I thought of the revaluation results between the time I applied and the time the results actually came out, I would always feel they are awarding me exactly 22 marks more. And finally after the results were announced, I got 22 marks more!

Thats my spooky story :P
Old 8th July 2010, 17:49   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
@blackstallion76 - Really scary stuff. So how did you get rid of the ghost? and When did you do discover that owner was killed ?
I moved to different house. Bought a good site and constructed newly.
And, i do perform pooja and meditation daily to keep my vibration levels +ve.

Till now no issues.
Old 8th July 2010, 18:07   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
It was saying the following to me.
"You killed me. I will take revenge!!". (Since, first son was responsible for his killing.)
I was saying "I have not killed you!!".
Hey come on, you did not kill him. You bought the house legally. Plus the real culprits are roaming free, trouble free. Don't tell me they have Fox and CNN to mislead public/ghosts there too. Awe come on.
Old 22nd November 2010, 12:04   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
I moved to different house. Bought a good site and constructed newly.
And, i do perform pooja and meditation daily to keep my vibration levels +ve.

Till now no issues.
It is believed that if you move into a house that's been around for sometime and renovate it, there are chances that you will wake up the spirits in that house as you are making structural changes to the place which is essentially their home too. This of course, applies to homes that were occupied by people earlier and if the same house had been a witness to a grave tragedy, i.e. a murder in the house or a fire that probably killed the occupants of the house.

This is just belief.

EDIT:

A rather strange thing happened to me a few days back.

I was sitting in the living room (ground-floor) and watching TV with my sister. It was around 12 in the afternoon and there was no one apart from my sister and me in the house! Our two dogs were enjoying their afternoon-siesta upstairs. Suddenly, we heard a loud bang and a crashing noise. It came from the kitchen in the ground floor! We ran to the kitchen and found the big tub of dog-food had fallen from the shelf onto the floor! Our dogs woke up and ran down the stairs! The back-door in the kitchen was closed and latched. There was no way that the wind could have blown that 10 kg tub of dog-food down onto the ground! In fact, there was no wind at all!

Spooky!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd November 2010 at 12:15.
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:30   #195
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Wow! What a thread! Like many others, I dont know how I missed it. Came across it while looking up 'Bhangarh' in Google and choosing to get results from team-bhp as I usually do

Some real amazing experience there guys. Like many other members I am a non-believer. I have witnessed anything like this till today to make a believer out of me. But have been fascinated by this stuff since as long as I can remember. Horror/Mystery/Gore/Sensible Sci-Fi are my prefered movie genre too. But no Dead Man Walking (in white ) has chosen to bump into me yet.

Anyway, please guys keep updating this thread regularly. Its Fun to read.

Also, I am sure Bhangarh is a well known place. Anyone been there at night? I have read most myths/stories behind it, but never read any real-life experience but the so-called Most Haunted Place in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks