Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 21:49   #226
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

These are my experiences:

a.Before my marriage, I took a three bedroom flat on rent.I was alone those days and after coming back from work i used to watch tv late nights and daily night i used to hear this 'payal' sound coming from one of the bedrooms and I used to go and put on the lights and check out each room but there was nothing.
Then one day I was sitting on my sofa watching tv and it must have been around one am or so and I again heard this 'payal' sound and after a couple of seconds I heard the same sound right next to me and I got so scared that I just bolted to the main door and opened it and went out and sat on the building steps and went back inside the house only in the morning.

b.After my marriage, in the same flat as mentioned above me and my wife were staying and one day after around two months of marriage , I was driving my wife down to the airport as she was going to her moms house for a couple of days and she told me that whenever she was sleeping in the bedroom she felt there was a man who wore no clothes and black in colour and he was sitting in the cabinet above our bed and was looking down at us.I was stunned hearing this because I too used to have this same feeling of this black guy looking down.
After this we shifted out to our own place and 'All izz well!'

Some things which made me scared in the past:

a.When I was a kid, the flat we used to stay had a long corrider and dimly lit and in the evenings when I used to go back home after playing cricket, I used to feel when I ring the bell what if someone comes behind me!So i used to shout out to my sister from below the building and to keep the house door open so I could run in!
b.Driving in the nights, I used to feel I would see in the rear view mirror and see a lady sitting in the back seat looking back at me!
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:11   #227
BHPian

When it comes to spirits and stuff like that, i prefer a out of sight, out of mind approach. I dont want to think about that too much because i wouldnt be able to sleep.

I have a friend (fellow TBHP-ian BTW) who was a complete non-believer. So much so, that when friends would have sessions of "bhutachi Gosht" (ghost storiy sessions) over drinks at night, instead of just keeping silent, he would argue endlessly about all this thing is nonsense and irrational!

Once we were together on a typical camping trip in a forest close to Kolhapur when an interesting incident occured.

Ever since the dude has been a man obsessed! Researching into paranormal activity on the internet and what not trying to find scientific answer to what he had seen (me i prefer not thinking too much about it). On his next trip to the US, he picked up close to a 1000$ worth of electronic stuff that supposedly picks up signals of haunting! Obsession or what? Just goes to show how one incident can turn your thought process upside down!

Scarily when we returned to the location later, the "machine" did bleep bleep indicating some type of activity.

"M": request you to narrate the incident! :P
Old 4th September 2012, 09:59   #228
BHPian

On the lighter side of things, a week ago, news spread across the media about a dead biker (reportedly headless), stalking traffic on a newly constructed flyover on Jessore Road. Bikers were quoted as saying that some felt a cold hand on their shoulders, or the bike would just stall and some even, reportedly, got slapped by this naughty spirit!
Took a detour twice on my way back home last week to avail the same flyover, but i guess, the high SPM during the peak hours deterred the spirit. As it turned out, it was some local trolls playing rogue with thin invisible strings tied across the shoulder bars of the bridge. Such strings would break on the slightest impact and cause no real harm, however, invisible strings caressing your body would most certainly give an eerie feeling.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:40   #229
BHPian

One experience I had - call it coincidence or spooky!

It was in Hyderabad - around 5-6 years ago. My wife and my mom had gone to a temple very close to our apartment. Its hardly 30 mtrs away as the crow flies. I was at home.

Now this temple has a side deity in a corner and there is a small walkway around the idol - all enclosed as the temple itself is completely covered. The walkway is only one person wide, and a very tight one, around the idol, and the lamps in front of the idol.

I am watching TV at home, when my mom comes rushing to my flat, her face was something to see. She rushed inside, got a saree from the almirah, and told me that my wife's saree had caught fire.

I rushed after her immediately, my mind racing. We reached the temple to see my wife surrounded closely by a few ladies, and the saree , half burnt , was on the floor. the ladies basically were trying to give her some privacy.

She was somewhat shaken, and put on the saree quickly. I learnt from my mom that as she was walking around the idol I mentioned earlier , the tip of her pallu caught fire from the lamp. the saree was a synthetic one, and the fire quickly caught on. Luckily she had the presence of mind to remove the saree immediately and she wasnt burnt, even a bit.

There was a lot of excitement, people around us an the poojari himself were quite excited.

While this was going on and my wife was trying to get her composure on, I stepped out into the open courtyard ( dont remember exactly why - perhaps wanted some fresh air ). immediately outside the building, in the courtyard, there is a tree with an idol under it - and there is a portrait of Ram or Siva ( dont remember - but the it was one of those typical colour prints in thick glossy paper ) next to it as well.

While I watched, the picture slowly fell onto the lamp in front and caught fire. an old guy - I guess another poojari, rushed in to get it out, and he could rescue only half of it.

Gives me goosebumps thinking about it even now.

I am more or less a rationalist, and I try to rule it out as sheer coincidence now, but it did shake me up when it was happening.

Last edited by Bigzero : 5th September 2012 at 12:45.
Old 5th September 2012, 14:56   #230
BHPian

I wouldnt call this spooky, but something that used occur consistently.

During my college days, particularly in the exam season, I would reach home at around 9.30 in the night after exercising my brains in the library. From the main busstand in Udupi, my house is around 2km distance. I always used to walk, eventhough there were buses, as somehow I used to enjoy that walk. There was this streetlight at a junction near my house, which somehow, with some sort of regularity would always go off the moment I cross it. I would not be at the spot at the same time every day, there would be variations of 10-15mins this way or that. But the particular lamp would always go off after I cross it. All the other streetlights would be on. This strange love affair between me and the streetlamp went on.
One night, as I approached the streetlight, to my dismay, I found that it was already off. But as I came near, it suddenly started flickering and then went off the moment I crossed it. It almost brought tears to my eyes. There was this lone streetlight which was so particular about lighting my path.
Years have gone by, and my good friend has been sacrified in the interests of widening the street. I certainly miss this affectionate streetlamp!
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 15:58   #231
BHPian

This one dates back to 2004, it was a typical night session between college friends after some drinks to talk about weird stuff. We were around 12 guys in one of my friends house, its a 3 floored house and we were bunking on the 2 rooms on the top floor. It's spooky and quiet all around, no sounds at all, to get the "bhootiya effect" we have switched off the lights as well. One guy is sitting in a corner with a guitar and playing background music when someone speaks about a spooky incident, which used to crack us all up and the seriousness broke up. We were having a great time!!

This one guy is narrating a "mere gaon mein pata hai kya hua tha" ("Do you know what happened in my village") type of incident which involved white saree woman making payal ka noise somewhere, when suddenly we all hear a similar noise. First instance, ignored, second time, everyone hears it, no one stops talking but the conscience effort to ignore it is felt by all. Third time, everyone freezes for a few seconds, no one is talking. This guy starts again and his sentence was, "then this guy was sleeping on the cot and a hand came from under and grabbed his neck". The next instant one guy who is sleeping on the bed jumps out saying someone grabbed his neck from below, panic, pandemonium and jumping around, some one manages to switch on the lights. The dude with the guitar is unmoved, still strumming the chords loudly and fast, everyone beat the hell out of this guy who said someone grabbed his neck. He pleads innocence till he is almost out of breath. Everyone is just laughing their a** off and suddenly one guy asks "Where's Sunny ?" And we realise he is not among us, the guitar dude points below the cot, and emerges Sunny, that guy actually managed to sneak in below the bed, hearing the story all the while from under and making those noises using a toddler's toy lying around (This friend had a nephew visit his place just the previous day whose toys were lying all over his room).
What happens next, Sunny gets beaten black and blue to some more guitar strumming
dgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 16:29   #232
BHPian

Re: Scary exp inside the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Hey, how come i miss this thread for long time. I want to share my only scray experience till date.

We bought a used(Constructed) house around 15yrs back. The owner was little old man and had greedy sons/wife. We had made 50% advance payment and the next day the owner dies under mysterious circumstances. Very strange. Shocking part is; nobody around the neighbourhood had a chance to look at the dead body and was taken away by his sons to crematorium within 1 hour after his death.
My god. This experience was one of a kind. I just cannot get into your shoes and think over it!
So, if i may ask, how are you feeling now with staying in the house?

Edit: And this is my 420 post

Just remembered one spooky experience of mine!

During my engineering days, I was in a paying guest room and the owner was out of town that night and my room was at the last of all rooms and between my room and other rooms there was a tree and a well.
After chatting with my seniors in the other room, i went to my room with nice thoughts in mind and then opened the door of my room. What i saw was a white cloth covered guy with one finger in my mouth biting teeth smiling and in the other hand holding a candle!!!
I just got spooked out of my hearth and shouted Ghost Ghost and ran like hell to my seniors room and just couldn't think anything.
Later i realized that it was one of the tricks by my seniors. That night is really unforgettable

Ramki

Last edited by GTO : 28th November 2012 at 13:34. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
Old 5th September 2012, 17:02   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post

During my college days, particularly in the exam season, I would reach home at around 9.30 in the night after exercising my brains in the library. From the main busstand in Udupi, my house is around 2km distance. I always used to walk, eventhough there were buses, as somehow I used to enjoy that walk. There was this streetlight at a junction near my house, which somehow, with some sort of regularity would always go off the moment I cross it. I would not be at the spot at the same time every day, there would be variations of 10-15mins this way or that. But the particular lamp would always go off after I cross it. All the other streetlights would be on. This strange love affair between me and the streetlamp went on.
One night, as I approached the streetlight, to my dismay, I found that it was already off. But as I came near, it suddenly started flickering and then went off the moment I crossed it. It almost brought tears to my eyes. There was this lone streetlight which was so particular about lighting my path.
Years have gone by, and my good friend has been sacrified in the interests of widening the street. I certainly miss this affectionate streetlamp!
I have faced same experience many a times. There is a street lamp which used to go off without fail, just when I reached it. I haven't been to that place in the last 2 years, but now that you've reminded me, next time I am visiting my home town, I will surely go there and say hello
Old 5th September 2012, 22:31   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Hey that happens with me too ! Me and a couple of other friends used to go for a walk every night. And whenever we people would pass by one particular light, it would always go off! And if it was already off when we would pass, then it would switch on! I still don't know how this used to happen!
Infact now we don't go for the night walks daily, but still whenever I pass by this particular street lamp and also 1 other one, it always goes off.

No idea how this happens. We guys had even planned to take a video of it for a couple of days and show it to everyone
Old 26th September 2012, 18:27   #235
BHPian

Boy, you think about something and the thread is already here.

Very glad someone has started this thread, read most of them and it does leave one wondering and trying hard to find a logical answer or reasoning for these happening.
It just goes to prove how far we are from understanding the mathematics of life and beyond.

Energy cannot be created nor be destroyed, it can only be transformed into one form or the other.
While all of us are aware of this, with respect to such instances we try to look for some reason, maybe due to the fear of the unknown.

I had always had a neutral approach to the supernatural due to two reasons,

a. I had never had any such experience myself

&

b. I was born on Friday the 13th

Yes, this date which is synonymous with fear for many is my Day and I am quiet happy about it as well, always makes me wonder why people feel otherwise.

Then there was an incident and then many more which made me change my view from Neutral to a believer. Yes, these things do happen and are true

Let's rewind, the year was 2002, my family back then used to reside in Talegaon Dabhade, an upcoming town on the outskirts of Pune.

Now, Talegaon has always been quiet famous/infamous with most regular travelers between Pune-Mumbai especially in the late 90's and still is though reasons have changed.

Plenty of stories galore about women standing near the tree (there used to be one) at the turn asking for a lift at unearthly hours. Now development has taken a toll on the ghost lady as well, no tree available.

Overview:
We had rented a duplex bungalow there, the layout was such - Huge Hall and Kitchen on the ground floor, staircase in the hall leading to the 1st Floor, where there are 2 bedrooms with a big balcony connecting both rooms. In the balcony there was a staircase to go to the terrace which was usually locked.
The bedrooms were occupied by my parents and my 2 sisters leaving me in the hall, I was happy because thats where the TV was.
My usual schedule was to watch TV till around 130am or so and then sleep. The bungalow was at 'T' crossing, being a very quiet neighbourhood, you wont find anyone on the streets post 11pm
There was enough light pouring into my room (hall) courtesy the friendly neighbourhood street lamp, which was annoying at the beginning but then I got acclimatized to it, coz it made the room quiet clear and I could see around pretty clearly.

Scene 1-
For the 1st couple of months nothing happened meaning life was normal. Then one particular late evening (1030pm) when we all were watching TV, for no special reason (meaning no amavasya or anything) suddenly we heard a creaking noise like the one which comes from a door. Surprise because all doors and windows were closed and we had no neighbours. I got up to investigate and came back with a confused look. After a while it repeated, I followed process and came back confused again, then coming back confused was added to the process as well.
This incident kept recurring and became a way of life for us, we were like yes we hear creaking sounds for no reason though it did freak out a friend of mine who was visiting me.

Scene 2 -
Since my cupboard was in my parents room, I used to use their room for changing and stuff. Once out of my routine I went to my Sis' room to change. The doors had the round knob type of lock, which you usually find in Hotels. I locked the room and was doing my business, standing in a position where I could see the door. Then suddenly I heard the knob being turned in order to open (khad khad). I looked at it, it happened again! I saw it! I called out, thinking it must be my sis since I was in her room. No answer! Perplexed I changed and then went back down to the hall where everybody was watching TV, seeing no reaction from anyone, I asked my Sis, if she needed something from her room, she denied. I then asked her if so then why had she come up??!! She declined having come up at all!!!
Now everyone was interested, who on earth went up. No answer, creaking sound is going on as usual, am confused as usual and life moves on. And yes post this, we found Jeannie, under a truck, now she is 10yrs old. She became my companion in the hall.

Scene 3 -
We all finish dinner, watch TV, ignore creaking sounds, then my parents and Sis call it a day and move up. Time is 1130pm, me am continuing with my TV preparing my midnight TV snack consisting of Kayani Shrewsberry biscuits and Banana Chips. I watch some movie till 140am, Jeannie just a few months old, is curled up near my pillow. I pat her and go off to sleep. I have a few habits like looking at the watch before sleeping and after getting up, without fail and an uncanny ability of not getting up in the night come what may (i have slept through banging doors)
Suddenly I wake up - wide awake, I look at the wall to my left to see the time - 230am - am puzzled - how did I wake up - I look to my right or rather I was attempting to look around the room - then I see him - He was standing right beside my bed (I used to sleep on the floor) - Old Man - white dhoti - white Kurta - clear face - still eyes - and the best part - Gazing at me intently.

Just got goose bumps writing this

I didnt know how to react, my Jeannie was fast asleep, god knows what made me do this but I stretched out my hand trying to catch the old man! And then he was gone! I was still trying to figure out what happened and then I saw him again! He was sitting on the 2nd last stair with his hand on his right elbow and holding his chin looking at me, he had a very calm look in his eyes but expressionless face. They were looking at me, my mind had had very littly time to react, my hand was in fact still in the air, and then I went off to sleep.

Next morning, when I woke up I was like ...WHAT ON EARTH WAS GOING ON IN THE NIGHT ! I was flipping over it, I told my parents, they were dumbstruck.

Strangest part, I was not scared!

And then, things really started happening

Scene 4 - To be continued...
Old 21st November 2012, 03:09   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Boy, you think about something and the thread is already here.

Very glad someone has started this thread, ..............
........Scene 4 - To be continued...
Trojan, Can we have the privilege of reading scene 4 please ?
I am on your scene 3.
Old 21st November 2012, 12:55   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Hey that happens with me too ! Me and a couple of other friends used to go for a walk every night. And whenever we people would pass by one particular light, it would always go off! And if it was already off when we would pass, then it would switch on! I still don't know how this used to happen!
Infact now we don't go for the night walks daily, but still whenever I pass by this particular street lamp and also 1 other one, it always goes off.

No idea how this happens. We guys had even planned to take a video of it for a couple of days and show it to everyone
Something like a sensor nearby for saving electricity. When you cross, the light stays on for some time or the distance. Government might be on a serious note on saving electricity.

Just trying to lighten the environment here. Don't kill me for this!
Old 21st November 2012, 15:05   #238
BHPian

Heres one from me. Not spooky for me, but my sister was surely freaked out!

She uses a Samsung mobile, champ to be precise. For those who know, it has a fake call function embedded in it. Basically, if you accidentally or purposefully, press the volume down key for 3 seconds, the fake call gets activated. It works even if the mobile is locked. You get a call on your phone from a preset number and it has the ability to display the name as well as number with the image.

One day, I get my hands on her mobile, set the fake call and activate it to get call from our residence number. Add the name and number as well as the image which she has used in the phonebook. The wait starts. Once, accidentally, the key is pressed and the fake call is activated. She is at home at that time. She goes all around the home to check if someone on landline has by mistake called up on her phone. She is to see that all landlines are idle and no one is calling. She then forgets it after some time. Again once when we all were at a function, she unknowingly activates the fake call. She gets even more freaked out as there was supposed to be no one at home. She asks me and I tease her that it might be a ghost and he might have got your number from the directory. It continues for some months.

One day, I get an audio clip of a horror voice from the net. Load it in the phone. It has a function, that one can hear the predefined audio as well once the fake call is answered. Next time when the call was activated and she hears the sound, she was so scared that she refused from using that phone. She exchange the phones with mom. Even now, whenever fake call gets activated, and I am with her, I cannot stop myself from grinning. She till date cuts the call if she has the phone.
Old 22nd November 2012, 19:15   #239
BHPian

Not being too cocky and denying the presence of anything paranormal in the world.
But doesn't it ring a bell that most supernatural activity people experience have something to do with the idea they already have of supernatural ?
I mean, most people in India see ghosts in white sari. Why ? Because thats how their mind is fed with stories.

Their might be a lot of paranormal activity. But stuff like one person standing at exactly at the same point and hitchhiking every biker and disappearing after 100 metres sounds either like a very smart minded man made illusion or delusions of tired minds.
How come in India, people just say supernatural stuff and rationalists have to prove and explain the scientific reason. How about people who experience the stuff proving that it is supernatural ?

There might be a different dimension and realm and all the paranormal paraphernalia, but I certainly find it hard to believe that some old buildings, forts, old palaces etc are haunted in India, and that too only at nights. Light up the whole area, and just get a 50 people to have a party with loud music at night, how hard is it ?
The funniest thing is that all people who try to break the bubble of paranormal and end up being believers are all single or a handful of people. I have never heard of a bus load of people getting freaked out because of ghosts together.
I think a lot of supernatural legends come up to cover shady activities or businesses.
In a country where god is the biggest business, it is very easy to pull these things.

Last edited by ashokrajagopal : 22nd November 2012 at 19:17.
ashokrajagopal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 19:34   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
And then, things really started happening

Scene 4 - To be continued...
Hey are you planning to update the thread and narrate your experience or not? Been almost 2 months since your last post. Looking forward to read the rest of your experience.

Most Viewed