Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2012, 14:01   #241
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey are you planning to update the thread and narrate your experience or not? Been almost 2 months since your last post. Looking forward to read the rest of your experience.
Big apology guys for not posting for a long time, I have been really really busy, but I have been adding a few lines every now and then.
Ok now here goes

Scene 4

Next morning, I narrated the incident to my mom and dad, now they are not really into believing this, Dad suggested that I have been watching too many movie's lately and need to sleep on time. Nothing much was said on this further and we went about our daily work, I still continued sleeping in the hall and nothing untoward happened.
In the colony where we stayed is full of bungalows and the bungalow next to ours was a big property and there was a huge jack-fruit tree which used to loom over our house.
Now in this particular bungalow, the people residing there decided to host some classical program which used to go on till mid-night, I am not too fond of classical music being played for so long and this was going on for a few days now.
One night, while we were having our dinner, the music stopped abruptly, we looked at the time it was just 10 pm, from what had heard from the Daily Maid Times, was that the program was going to last for a few days more. This was surprising but very very soothing. We were happy, we would be able to watch our programs in peace now. But... ...

My parents and sisters retired to their respective rooms by 11 pm, and I was all by myself, this incident was after around 7-8 days post Scene 3

I followed my routine of Kayani Biscuits, Cheeselings and movies and decided to sleep by around 130 am.

Suddenly I was awake - wide awake, felt like someone woke me up. My first impulse was to look around, no old man around (felt relieved)
But there was this extremely eerie feeling of being watched.

Guys, I am not kidding, you must have gone through this at some time in your life and not necessarily there need to be some supernatural activity going on.
Sometimes in a crowded room, we suddenly feel uncomfortable and feel being 'watched upon' and when you look around you do find someone looking/staring at you.

Well I got this similar feeling and added to that it was giving me the creeps because this ain't no crowded room, its my house and I am alone.

My first thought was, are their robbers in the house, slowly I got up and walked to the end of the hall to the main door - locked
Turned around and went to the kitchen where we have another entry to the garden - locked

Slowly I went up the stairs, checked the doors to my parents rooms - locked, went up to the terrace, that was also secured.

Satisfied, I came back down, and went back to sleep but that was not to happen, suddenly creaking sounds started again and made the atmosphere in the house extremely gloomy and creepy. But these sounds I was used to, what I could not comprehend was the feeling of someone being there in the house and whatever I did it just would not go.
I tried watching TV, but after some time got bored, tried to sleep again, couldn't.
I walked around the house one more time, hall-kitchen-first floor-terrace
all of this while the lights are off.

Time now was 330 am, I was like damn - why cant I sleep!

This went on for the next 2.5 hrs, and during this time, I walked in my house for 6-7 times, finally got tired and was sitting on my bed in the dark when my mom came down at 6 am and got a fright looking at me sitting in the dark!
I told her I haven't slept, didn't discuss much, she told me to sleep now.

I woke up now due to some highly excited conversation happening outside our house. I saw some ladies talking to my mom along with our maid.

Mom came and told me they were talking about the classical program in our neighbours house why it stopped.
I was inquisitive, but what she told next had me WIDE awake
While the program was going on which was under the jack-fruit tree, a person in the audience saw an old man sitting on a branch and looking at everybody, she fainted at that and when she regained consciousness and told everyone, the program had to be abandoned.
Till now I had not told my mom about the happenings of the night. Now I narrated it to her.
I would have believed that maybe I had the old guy in my mind hence I could not sleep, but our neighbours seeing the man and me not getting sleep was too much for me.
Now my folks saw some truth in what I had told them.

Will update more on what happened next, and this time soon!

Cheers!
Old 23rd November 2012, 19:29   #242
BHPian

I was really quite late in finding this thread and never ever thought that there would be such a thread to share my spooky / supernatural / paranormal experiences. Here you go with my first one!

Experience at Wind Tunnel Road towards NAL test site - 2004 (Spooky but not supernatural)

My girlfriend (my wife now) and I had dinner at "The Kitchen" restaurant and then instead of heading back to office decided to continue further down the road for a short ride until the NAL test site. Usually this stretch of the road is quite lonely and definitely not advisable to venture out post evening when it gets dark. However, its that lovey-dovey josh and moreover she had bought a new Activa and wanted to take me for a ride. I quite strongly believe in sixth sense, the moment we didn't take the turn into our campus but kept going, I started sensing a weird un-explainable feeling. I didn't want to disappoint her though, you guys understand why! So she continued to ride on the lonely stretch, for those of you who no this road, it then takes a right deviation towards Embassy Golf Links back gate, but she continued going further straight on the road. Now here is where, sitting pillion I start sensing a stronger urge to ask her to turn back, but some how control it. Then all of a sudden, I ask her to abruptly stop shouting quite loudly and that really scares her. With a sudden shock she braked and then I immediately told her, I'm not feeling comfortable, lets just get back immediately but I want to ride. We switch and I take a U-Turn to see two headlights approaching us. I think it must be a 4-wheeler and kind of strayed to the left to give way and that is when I realize it is actually two two-wheeler's coming towards us. Getting that strong danger ahead sensation, I ask her to cling onto me quite hard and throttle to the max that an Activa can rev. The bikes now were coming head on and I just kept my speed and simultaneously my thumb on the horn switch. I just didn't budge and just kept going with the thought that its either gonna be a head-on collision or I'll somehow control the bike and swerve it at the last minute to avoid any collision.

Finally it happened, both the bikes moved to the side judging that I was quite fast and was determined not to stop. Just as we were crossing, I see a hand from the right trying to grab us from the back of the other bike. I just yell my guts out and ask my girlfriend to duck to the left along with me and we see a cane / log of wood whiz by to our right. All within split seconds. Just a few metres ahead two people on the road trying to block and I just don't stop for nothing and ask my girlfriend to just duck down completely on my back. I just decided to run over no matter what, which even they realized and then just jumped to their sides. That's it no looking back, no checking what happened, I never let the throttle down nor did I take my thumb off the horn until the guards at our campus entrance ran out of their shed to stop us for security check. We didn't want to narrate the incident to them fearing any action on us from the management if they get to know that we were out during office hours. I apologized and told them that we were chased by two dogs and I got completely scared hence was coming fast and honking simultaneously. They saw both of us shaken, gave a piece of their mind and let us in after the mandatory ID check.

Phew, we reached the parking lot, both of us still shivering, sweating profusely, heart pounding really fast and then she breaks down. Even now when my wife and I think of this incident, we sincerely thank GOD for being with us and definitely my sixth sense. Just don't want to imagine what would've happen, life would've taken a totally different turn if I hadn't taken that split second decision, took the rider seat and turned back. This is one U-Turn I never regretted!
Old 26th November 2012, 09:06   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Big apology guys for not posting for a long time, I have been really really busy, but I have been adding a few lines every now and then.
Will update more on what happened next, and this time soon!

Cheers!
Trojan, You know how to keep us with raised hair for days ? Don't you
I have goose bumps after reading those and i have a crooked tree overlooking my room here.
Every night before i sleep, i just could not hold my nerves, after reading that.
Old 26th November 2012, 16:04   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg220 View Post
Trojan, You know how to keep us with raised hair for days ? Don't you
I have goose bumps after reading those and i have a crooked tree overlooking my room here.
Every night before i sleep, i just could not hold my nerves, after reading that.
Thanks Koenigsegg220, yeah I try my bit to create the environment.

That tree overlooking your room was just a tree some time back and now it has earned a new dimension

Keep reading, will update on the next series - by the way, I was in Talegaon yesterday and went to see that house - Unbelievable - its still locked - nobody has stayed there after we left - our past neighbours told that post we leaving the place, a family moved in but left in total hurry in just 2 months!

Cheers!
Old 26th November 2012, 16:22   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne View Post
I was really quite late in finding this thread and never ever thought that there would be such a thread to share my spooky / supernatural / paranormal experiences. Here you go with my first one!

Experience at Wind Tunnel Road towards NAL test site - 2004 (Spooky but not supernatural)

My girlfriend (my wife now) and I had dinner at "The Kitchen" restaurant and then instead of heading back to office decided to continue further down the road for a short ride until the NAL test site. Usually this stretch of the road is qu
If you had continued without taking the U turn you could have been safe near NAL with CISF commandos guarding the gates No?
Old 27th November 2012, 05:51   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Koenigsegg220, yeah I try my bit to create the environment.

That tree overlooking your room was just a tree some time back and now it has earned a new dimension

Keep reading, will update on the next series - by the way, I was in Talegaon yesterday and went to see that house - Unbelievable - its still locked - nobody has stayed there after we left - our past neighbours told that post we leaving the place, a family moved in but left in total hurry in just 2 months!

Cheers!
You can surely write a horror film story, i guess after all those experiences and writing in such detail
Did your family vacate from that home immediately ?
What happened next ?
Old 27th November 2012, 11:45   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne View Post

Yes, 2004 days were like that, there wasnt much activity on that road. I assume you are talking about yamlur road that runs along the airport wall. I travelled that road for about 3 years, sometimes in my car and sometimes my enfield, never had that kind of issues, I used to simply ride that to enjoy the nature, lake and serenity around, I even went for some birding / photography later in 2008, that was the time, the road has changed since then, full of traffic and some other types of problems as well. Good that you followed your senses and too the U turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
If you had continued without taking the U turn you could have been safe near NAL with CISF commandos guarding the gates No?
Shiva, there are about 5 gates out of which one pt is for research center, you may find only one gate that is regularly manned/open during day hours rest of them were always closed during those times. If I remember it right the research center was built recently, 3-4 years back.

Last edited by Ketan : 27th November 2012 at 11:46.
Old 27th November 2012, 11:54   #248
BHPian

Okay people here are some of my experiences. Though not spooky, nor have they happened on the road but they are strange for sure :-

1) This is sometime back when I was in 6th or 7th grade. We have an ancestral house in our village and go there every year during the time of navratre to perform puja. Being a small kid back then, i never really believed in any such thing as super natural's . However what happened changed my understanding for life !! Our ancestral deity is known to come upon the ladies of the house during this time of navratre. My late Grandfathers cousin sister was there with us for the pooja. She was a very old and feeble lady, must have been in her late 80's, Infact two people were required to hold her so that she could get up. Also she had never been out of the village and hence knew only the local language , she didnt even know hindi. Now one day during the puja, all of a sudden she screams, jumps and stands on her feet. I couldnt believe it ! Then she starts jumping rapidly. I was asking myself whats happening ?? Is she all right ?? And then to my surprise, she starts conversing with everyone in Hindi in a totally changed tone of voice. A tone which even if she tried to reproduce she couldn't .I with my eyes popped out and my mouth wide open could not believe this . I knew for a fact that she couldn't get up on her own, she didnt know hindi and she barely had the strength to walk leave alone jump again and again. I had seen and head of such incidents before as well but then i always thought the people were faking the act. However when this happened to one of my known in front of my eyes , oh boy did it change my understanding of supernaturals .

2) This happened with me in the 1st year of college. About 14 of my friends were sitting in one room watching some ghost/horror movie. I think it was paranormal activity. Obviously the lights had been switched of and the speakers were at their max output. Well the movie got over by around 2.00 A.M., people dispersed talking about the movie and then i went to switch on the lights. Nothing happened. I tried again flicking the switch, but nothing again. I went out of my room to look around and there was light in every other room. I thought the MCB must have tripped, checked the board and it was all fine. I came back wondering what had happened and as i started explaining this to one of my friends, there came a sound and in the flash of a second there was a complete blackout. No light in any of the room. Horrified at that instant we ran out and this is something which i wont forget ever. There was a bunch of paper kept in the middle of the hostel burning. It had a huge flame and the pile must have been at least 5ft tall. I saw it, my friend saw it, 14 other people saw it but no one dared to go near it . Needless to say we all slept like frightened dogs and the next morning, there was no residue of any paper left. Nothing at all. There should have been atleast something, some ash, some black mark but nothing .

There is something out there something which science cannot explain, something that no one can explain. It just is out there...
Old 27th November 2012, 11:58   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Shiva, there are about 5 gates out of which one pt is for research center, you may find only one gate that is regularly manned/open during day hours rest of them were always closed during those times. If I remember it right the research center was built recently, 3-4 years back.
The road that goes along the airport goes straight into the NAL centre which has been there for a looong time. With security fears etc, its manned by big gun toting CISF personnel (again for a long time). The research centre (or rather the system test centre) is the latest and is after this.

I just mentioned it in a lighter way. But enjoying the thread a lot
Old 27th November 2012, 12:03   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The road that goes along the airport goes straight into the NAL centre which has been there for a looong time. With security fears etc, its manned by big gun toting CISF personnel (again for a long time). The research centre (or rather the system test centre) is the latest and is after this.

You're right, you may not have gone beyond the research center thats the main NAL gate, if we talk about 2004, research center (new building) wasnt there to be seen, the only place where you see people manned was the main NAL gate a little beyond the research center, I started driving/riding that road regualarly only by 2005 for about 2-3 years, remember we are talking about 2004, if you have not seen those days, the picture was way different than today on that road.
Old 27th November 2012, 15:07   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg220 View Post
You can surely write a horror film story, i guess after all those experiences and writing in such detail
Did your family vacate from that home immediately ?
What happened next ?

thanks.

Yes we moved out of the house but not immediately, we were quiet adamant about staying. A lot many things happened post Scene 4, which I am compiling right now and which changed our perspective towards the paranormal.
It is now around 9 years that we moved out and the house is closed since then and it is a beautiful house mind you, but somehow there is this sadness around it which gives a very creepy feeling.

Cheers!
Old 27th November 2012, 15:43   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes we moved out of the house but not immediately, we were quiet adamant about staying. A lot many things happened post Scene 4, which I am compiling right now and which changed our perspective towards the paranormal.
Please quote me when you put the updates. I am so scared stiff of these things that I have to read every bit of it.

And to think I always looked at Talegaon as a peaceful place where one could go find a tree to sit under and read a book. Now all the time will be spent just looking at the darned tree!
Old 27th November 2012, 15:56   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
we are talking about 2004, if you have not seen those days, the picture was way different than today on that road.
You are absolutely right Ketan, this happened around June/July 2004 and at that time there were no lights in that stretch leave alone buildings. During the day one could go to the end of that stretch and reach the end of the lake. But then late evenings / nights were not so fortunate.

@srishiva, there have been several incidents reported in that area, not able to get hold of any articles though. There used to be a lot of mugging / harrassment / attempted rape incidents that started happening primarily with the disc/pub that was opened at the entrance of Wind Tunnel Road (don't remember the name, but had an "X" to it.)
Old 27th November 2012, 20:29   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Okay people here are some of my experiences. Though not spooky, nor have they happened on the road but they are strange for sure :-

1) This is sometime back when I was in 6th or 7th grade. We have an ancestral house in our village and go there every year during the time of

2) This happened with me in the 1st year of college. About 14 of my friends

There is something out there something which science cannot explain, something that no one can explain. It just is out there...
The first incident I guess is a variation of multiple personality disorder. Another incident also was mentioned earlier in this thread. The idea is that any strong emotion felt by a fragile mind to a person or personality transforms into an empathy and then on the subconscious assumes the personality. Some new key skills like unusual language follow and I am sure psychiatrists can explain it, minus the frills made up by many witnesses.

For the second incident, you guys were 14 together, did not try to extinguish the fire at night ?
Old 27th November 2012, 21:04   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
The first incident I guess is a variation of multiple personality disorder. Another incident also was mentioned earlier in this thread. The idea is that any strong emotion felt by a fragile mind to a person or personality transforms into an empathy and then on the subconscious assumes the personality. Some new key skills like unusual language follow and I am sure psychiatrists can explain it, minus the frills made up by many witnesses.

For the second incident, you guys were 14 together, did not try to extinguish the fire at night ?
I thought its multiple personality disorder as well, but certain things like speaking a different language that to fluently is what had amazed me .

About the second incident, nope none of us even dared to move. More so because there are 4 hostel buildings and in the center is an open area, the hostel buildings get locked down at about 12 in the night and hence we couldn't go there even if we wanted to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks