Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 19:36   #301
HKP
BHPian

Ghost Car!!

I want to narrate my experience of seeing ghost car during my last week kerala trip.

Note to everyone: This could be totally hilarious or scary to you. Don't blame me. I thought a lot before sharing this as it does not add any value to this forum, but couldn’t resist posting it.

I am driving with my wife and 2 children (Black i20), wife in the front passenger seat and kids behind.

Somewhere on Mysore- Hunsur stretch I see a white car in my RHOVRM trying to overtake me. It’s pretty close and I try to give way and look behind through RVM and surprise- there was no vehicle behind. I turn to RHOVRM and there is no car there also. The road is quite empty. Where did that car vanish, I thought maybe I am too sleepy or it was some reflection. To my surprise, this repeated at least once again during the journey. Both the times, the roads were empty. I did not tell this to my wife (for obvious reasons!!).

Then, after 3 days we started back to Bangalore and to my utter scare this happened again. Same white car and I see clearly it’s a white color swift from the front grill design. This time roads were not really empty and there were other vehicles behind. The pattern is same- I see it in the OVRM but not in RVM or behind me anywhere. I turned looked again lot of times. At last I give up and tell my wife (The reaction is nothing to write about).

I have been on this route before many times and have driven for longer durations. Never felt anything like this. I don't really believe in ghosts but this was totally weird.

Did you ever have anything similar to this?

\\hkp
Old 18th April 2013, 19:58   #302
BHPian

Re: Ghost Car!!

this is scary!
I am a regular user of this road, but fortunately never encountered such moments. Out of curiosity, what was the time this happened?
Old 18th April 2013, 20:35   #303
BHPian

Well, not sure if this is funny or scary but if it indeed was your experience, you would have freaked out for sure. I wonder what the number plate read. Did you get a chance to see that?
Old 18th April 2013, 22:27   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

A ghost car is too much to digest now. Common. It must have taken a turn or something before you realised.

A quick query: Was it petrol or diesel? Will be interesting to know the fuel preference of our ghost friends
Old 18th April 2013, 22:41   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post

Somewhere on Mysore- Hunsur stretch I see a white car in my RHOVRM trying to overtake me. It’s pretty close and I try to give way and look behind through RVM and surprise- there was no vehicle behind.
I have a similar experience. In my case it was a white Scorpio.

I was driving in the hills, not necessarily slow. Usually I keep a good watch on RVM's and generally see trailing traffic or even traffic slowly catching up with me. But, this scorpio appeared all of a sudden behind me. It is not very easy for a usual scorpio to keep up with a 4wd scorpio in the hills (As the 4wd scorpio has much cleaner handling). I let the vehicle pass after sometime. When I noticed that it too was a 4wd scorpio (going by the towhook at the rear), which are very few and far between in our part of the world. The windows were full black tint. The vehicle was spot clean, pretty unusual, because on the same route, I had started with a spot clean vehicle and there were slush pools and mine was already soiled, no way a faster vehicle could retain its cleanliness. The vehicle had no body roll, no slide as it cornered away from mine.

Within 1 turn of overtaking mine, it could never be seen. Even on a long empty stretch, there was no sign of it after that.

Question is, could it be that fast, if so, how was it doing so without sliding, or any body roll. I am not a slow driver at all.
Old 18th April 2013, 22:45   #306
Senior - BHPian

^^You should have prolly looked down into some ditch!
Old 19th April 2013, 09:42   #307
HKP
BHPian

Quote:
Same white car and I see clearly it’s a white color swift
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
This is interesting. Like in indian ghost movies, the car ghosts are also always in white?

Thanks for the sharing, makes me feel better.

\\hkp
Old 19th April 2013, 09:56   #308
Senior - BHPian

I have had similar experiences a couple of times while driving alone for long distances. I have this phobia that some vehicle will come from behind, and I end up blocking it. So I keep looking into the IRVM. Sometimes, my imagination plays tricks with me and I see a car in the IRVM. When I check in other mirrors, there is no car. And the imaginary car is always white!

I used to do frequent trips between Bangalore and Mangalore. I'd leave Bangalore at 3 AM, and my experiences were always early in the morning on the highway and when there is no vehicle in sight for long distances. I have never experienced this while returning to from Mangalore, because I leave Mangalore at noon, and there is traffic all the way.

I believe it is the fatigue, phobia and loneliness (of being the lone car on the road) that mess with your brain.
Old 19th April 2013, 10:09   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
^^You should have prolly looked down into some ditch!
He He!! Probably yes! Did not cross my mind! As it is, would have helped me on my confidence level. That car has left an super inferiority complex on me that lasts till this day. I, and even my Dad, still remembers how it was way way too fast for us.
Old 19th April 2013, 10:54   #310
BHPian

Quote:
He He!! Probably yes! Did not cross my mind! As it is, would have helped me on my confidence level. That car has left an super inferiority complex on me that lasts till this day. I, and even my Dad, still remembers how it was way way too fast for us.
Could be modified
Strut bars/stiffer springs/uprated suspension/tuning boxes for the speed ?

Still does not explain the cleanliness, unless if it is a hilly road..were there any waterfalls on the way ?
Old 19th April 2013, 14:01   #311
Senior - BHPian

Re: Paranormal Sightings or Strange things

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
However, now I cannot deny that these things cannot happen.
Removing the double negation: However, now I can deny that these things can happen.

Quite contrary to your experience!
Old 19th April 2013, 15:08   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer09 View Post
I wonder what the number plate read. Did you get a chance to see that?
666 probably ?

I would seriously shi* in my pants if I ever saw some car - White , 666 on the number plate - appearing and disappearing in a flash.
Old 19th April 2013, 16:47   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Could be modified
Strut bars/stiffer springs/uprated suspension/tuning boxes for the speed ?

Still does not explain the cleanliness, unless if it is a hilly road..were there any waterfalls on the way ?
I am myself trying my best to source better suspension (stein) for a 4wd Scorp, seems not much has been done on the 4wd yet. There were no waterfalls on the way, infact there were some muddy/earthen stretches which soiled the body of my own vehicle. No way another vehicle could have avoided that. Or maybe he tip-toed on the mud!
Old 19th April 2013, 17:13   #314
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Oh c'mon guys! Ghost car!!

Quote:

Question is, could it be that fast, if so, how was it doing so without sliding, or any body roll. I am not a slow driver at all.
Could be a Mahindra test car with a bigger engine and a dude like Behram Dhabhar behind it.

Or a modified Scorpio with a performance suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
You should have prolly looked down into some ditch!
Old 19th April 2013, 17:24   #315
BHPian

Quote:
This is interesting. Like in indian ghost movies, the car ghosts are also always in white?

Thanks for the sharing, makes me feel better.
Or like the James Bond's car in "Die Another Day"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I believe it is the fatigue, phobia and loneliness (of being the lone car on the road) that mess with your brain.
Agree. Saw a Kannada serial once where people reported seeing ghosts near Charmadi Ghats during early morning hours and resulting in accidents.

Most Viewed