Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:34   #331
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

The earlier 2008/09 episodes I have read.

I thought there may be some more :-|
Old 23rd April 2013, 12:12   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
The earlier 2008/09 episodes I have read.

I thought there may be some more :-|
Sirji,

There was one recently. But keeping it private, because of the closeness of the person involved.

Will mention about it at the right time.

Not intended to be personal. I know I might be stupid, but ......
Old 24th April 2013, 12:05   #333
BHPian

Alright here is Ikoners spooked up experience in a place of worship:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had been to Angala Parameshwari temple near binny mills in the weekend,for those of you who know this place there are a lot idols/statues depicting a good killing evil.

I was initially told that all the negative energy binding oneself would be quarantined by visiting this temple.Off late poor Ikoner's Ikon was burning a hole in his pocket( Ac compressor gone kaput,fuel pump malfunction) to add to this patheitc sales numbers at office. And so I decided to offer my prayers to the godess.

Initally I was explaining my two year old kid on the gods and what each idol was depicting. I then decided to explore the temple and that was when the spook happened. We also saw a lot of Hen that were locked inside the Idol's room which were basically meant for sacrifice.

Later I handed my junior to wifey and decided to explore the temple, I was in front of the place where they perform pooja on the night of Amavasay(Full moon day) and it was mentioned that the puja would be done only at 12:00 PM in the night. Was told by my wife that there would be huge crowd queued up on the night of full moon.

I then saw a photo of a man dressed in womans attire with dark green firecy eyes staring right at me. For sometime I was staring back at the photo thinking why this temple has such violent images and stuff, I then went towards my wife and asked why was that man on the photo dressed in saree staring seriously, to my surprise wife said his eyes are closed.

And then I look back his eyes were actually closed. I had a discussion later with a person in the temple and also with my dad, looks like an illusion or call it mind games.Has anyone over here faced such illusions, in a place of worship?? Am a fan of OMG movie cos I strongly believe in being a god loving person and not god fearing.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:50   #334
Senior - BHPian

Amavasya is New Moon Day contrary to Full Moon Day that is Purnima.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
...I was in front of the place where they perform pooja on the night of Amavasay(Full moon day)...
Old 12th June 2013, 07:50   #335
BHPian

August 6th 2005. The day before the friendship day 2005. Again this incident happened when I was working for BPO's. It was Saturday and my shift timing was 7:30Pm to 12:30Am IST.

After the shift, as usual we went for a midnight buffet at Green Park Hotel near Lifestyle, had midnight Bhiryani, we all dispersed and I had to drop my friend Raj who stays few Kms away from my place. (Raj stays at Safilguda and I stay at ECIL.)

We all planned out well for the following day. Next day was a huge gathering of friends for friendship day, so on the way back we were discussing about the plan, what all things to be done and to be taken care of. While we were busy in discussing we never realized that we reached Raj's place, so dropped him and the next day he has to pick me up for the gathering. I bid him good bye and I am on my way to my home. From Raj's place I have to come back and take a shortcut to avoid police checking at Naredmet cross roads, so I have driven back few meters and took AnandBhag road which connects to Moula-ali road.

All of a sudden I could feel that I am all alone and some kind of eerie feeling, because the roads were empty, more over the dogs were making weird sounds. I ignored everything and was driving my way home.

I reached to this place where the road goes little up and have to shift the gear back, which I did. The left side of the road has some old or rather ancient Muslim graveyard and to my right there is this huge compound wall belonging to RPF (Reserved Police Force) the wall is about 10 feet high with the barbed wires on the top.

I passed the grave yard and immediately on the right I could see a women with the hair falling on her face and it was in such a way the head is looking at the ground (Chin touching the chest) and the arms stretched and the wrists are bent, the fingers are pointing to the ground, the head is in between the stretched hands. I couldn't see her face, I could notice all this because the road was narrow and I was very close to her. She was standing under the tree.

I don't know why but I was not scared when I was watching her, but the moment I crossed her, my heart started pounding heavily and I picked up the pace like crazy and was almost collided head on with the current pole at the end of the road.

I reached home, washed my legs, was still shivering, slept next to my Brother, he woke up and asked me "are you alright" your body is burning/heating up like an iron box.

Woke up next day and went to the gathering, told my friends about my experience, they made fun of what I told them. I was not well that day and when I was back home, I was down with high fever for next 2 days.

Now what could be that entity; no doubt, it's not a human being. Could not notice her feet as everything happened in few seconds.

To give the clear picture of how she looked, it was like SAMARA in the movie "THE RING". Imagine that figure stretching its arms and placing its head in-between those stretched arms, that's exactly what I have seen.

If I ever want to think about any ghosts, that entity is 1st one to get in my mind, even while writing this story, I feel creepy.

Experts any idea what it could be.

P.S that stretch is still the way it is, but little busy until 1:00am. Never tried that route again after dark.

I have posted this story in yourghoststories as well.
Old 12th June 2013, 10:27   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
I have posted this story in yourghoststories as well.

That's one creepy experience I wonder how did you manage to pen it down!

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th June 2013 at 11:18.
Old 12th June 2013, 11:11   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I was returning late at night a couple of days back through a rather deserted stretch of roads, when a certain white Scorpio started tailing me. I remembered this thread and all the recent posts about white ghost cars, so I got this eerie feeling that my best (yeah, not worst) fears could turn out to be true. And so I drove on, and on and on.. This guy was still tailing me. My route passes through some agricultural fields, and a section where there are a lot of curves and random potholes, totalling around 10-12 km of dark, unlit roads until I reach the main ring road area.

I deliberately tried to get him off my tail on 3-4 occasions by slowing down, but the "ghost car" also slowed down and did not overtake me. Now, since ghost cars vanish as per the stories, I kept on waiting for it to disappear but it never happened. This Scorpio guy kept on tailing me until I reached the ring road. I was disappointed actually, because the ghost spotting couldn't continue anymore.

And here was the biggest disappointment to what could have been a perfect ghost car story - When I (with the white scorpio closely behind) reached the 6 lane ring road, he blasted past me with a vengeance. I had a glimpse into the car and saw 4 pot bellied politicians with white shirts (yeah, they wear white too), merrily chatting away inside inside the white Scorpio bearing a "GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA" number plate . Anti-climax!

My guess is the driver wasn't familiar with the 12 km village road route to the ring road, so he was using me as a pilot car to help him through potholes, speedbreakers, barricades and multiple turns in that stretch. Following another car is easier in unknown territory at nights. So much for a ghost story! I believe this is what happened with most of our BHPians' ghost stories too.
Everytime we bring up the topic of power mods, RD box, remap etc- you ask where in the city will you be able to use that power. P2 mode comes in handy when you are spooked too.
Old 12th June 2013, 11:53   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
and take a shortcut to avoid police checking at Naredmet cross roads, so
Moral of the story is, Don't avoid Police Checkposts

But on a serious note, this is indeed scary man. Pure nightmare stuff, now imagine you looking on your RVM and she is sitting behind you

What I mentioned above is something which I am always wary of, having had a few experiences myself, I usually keep a constant speed on such roads and always turn my RVMs the other way, till I have crossed the lonely infamous stretch.

Looks like you are gifted. Doesn't happen with everybody, people who haven't experienced this themselves would like to hear/talk about these 'stories' but believing is altogether a different story.

People who have gone through this know what it is and how it feels.

Don't worry, maybe she was trying to get your attention.

This also reminds me of the stories from Pune.

A very old bridge - Holkar Bridge in Khadki Cantonment Area.

Many stories exist, so much so that there was a time when cab drivers used to refuse to take the route in the 12am-3am time frame.

I have used that bridge on many occasions at super odd hours, though wary, luckily haven't experienced any such things so far.

Trojan
Old 12th June 2013, 23:51   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Moral of the story is, Don't avoid Police Checkposts

A very old bridge - Holkar Bridge in Khadki Cantonment Area.

Many stories exist, so much so that there was a time when cab drivers used to refuse to take the route in the 12am-3am time frame.

I have used that bridge on many occasions at super odd hours, though wary, luckily haven't experienced any such things so far.

Trojan
Those days i never had license so always used to find the way to avoid check posts.
indeed you are lucky.

I was googling about the "Holkar Bridge in Khadki" . It is haunted .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
That's one creepy experience I wonder how did you manage to pen it down!

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!
at any given point of time, if i think about that incident, i get chills. That was the horrific experience till date.

Like i said if i had to Imagine a ghost, this is the figure that strikes my mind, While i am typing this, her posture, Image is fresh in my mind.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th June 2013 at 07:25.
Old 10th July 2013, 22:17   #340
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Never thought such a thread existed and just chanced upon this thread.

I have one to share and it may not be spooky or scary but it did disturb me and to be honest, got me a little worried.

I live in B'luru behind the HAL old airport. There is a short cut route from my place (called kempapura) to Bellandur, navigating along the Bellandur lake (its a beautiful drive and dangerous as well).

One night, after watching the last 9.30pm movie at Cinemax Bellandur with a buddy, I was returning home alone. People who are familiar with this place will know of a very small bridge to cross when coming from Bellandur, taking left to enter the lake bed road. Just as you enter this road, the lake is on your left and there is a small mosque on the right side. Further up ahead, there is the 1st right bend into the road and on the left hand side, a medium sized tree.

I ws driving as i normally do taking the 1st right bend after the tree and immediately as I take it, on my left (actually when taking the turn you can see right ahead, into the lake) I saw a tall man standing with his left hand on his hip. He was not moving and there was a small plastic bag (that dept stores give you when you buy small stuff like bread or something) between his legs and he was just staring into the lake. I honk very mildly and on high-beam and surely he can sense me coming.

It's almost 1am or later in the night and a guy, being there at that time just staring no end into the lake without any movement. Just after I crossed him, I became a little apprehensive, because the 1st thing that crossed my mind is that I should be careful as lots of thieves were using such gimmicks to stop vehicles and rob them off..

I came home and immediately told my wife this. My wife normally scared by anything supernatural, pleaded with me not to tell her such stories. Several thoughts then crossed my mind. Should I have stopped and checked what was going on? Was the man contemplating suicide? Was it wrong that I didn't stop and check? Was it the spirit of a man who had already committed suicide (but then wondered what would a spirit be doing with a plastic bag between its legs?)..

Was a crazy night as I couldn't sleep properly, with all these thought playing in my head, in a loop. Just when I crossed that person that day, it was definitely spookey for me.

Last edited by k_ajay : 10th July 2013 at 22:20.
Old 11th July 2013, 15:16   #341
Senior - BHPian

Don’t know whether this can be termed as spooky compared to the other incidents here, but it sure was an interesting one.

Late night last weekend, well past 1am, I came back from friend’s and sat down to watch the TV in the living room while having a midnight fix. I was watching the Ghost Hunters on AXN where they were investigating some haunted hangars and museums. I was amazed at the evidences they found at these places, both visual and audio recordings, EMF fields, flashlights and reading lamps turning on by it’s own, really eery stuff. After the show, I switched over to Comedy Central and hardly 2-3mins into the programme, I laughed at a joke and I swear to God I heard a female chuckle along with my laugh. I was startled at once and looked back if my mom, sister or maid had been woken by the TV noise and if they had come down, I went to their rooms and checked, but no, they were all sound asleep and I was the only one awake.

I normally would turn off the TV and go to sleep after couple of hours, but that night I stayed awake until 5am in the hope it’ll happen again, but nothing.

I would like to admit that I am sort of fascinated by ghost stories and have visited several known haunted spots in the middle of the night with friends in the city in the hope of experiencing something that sort, but this, even though very silly, was my first real life “Spooky” experience.

Maybe it was just in my head, maybe watching the Ghost Hunters had me convinced it’s something spooky, but it was sure interesting and I can’t wait for the next time it happens..if at all, that is
Old 11th July 2013, 17:53   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Wow. Never thought such a thread existed and just chanced upon this thread.

I have one to share and it may not be spooky or scary but it did disturb me and to be honest, got me a little worried.

Was a crazy night as I couldn't sleep properly, with all these thought playing in my head, in a loop. Just when I crossed that person that day, it was definitely spookey for me.
Nothing to worry about, even I travel on this road very often and have seen people standing there, normally small group of 2-3. Sometimes its the cab guys who stop there for a short break during their night shift...

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th July 2013 at 20:04. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 18:08   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
Nothing to worry about, even I travel on this road very often and have seen people standing there, normally small group of 2-3. Sometimes its the cab guys who stop there for a short break during their night shift...
Oh, okay. It could be. But this gent was normally dressed (in formals, not a regular cabbie uniform/sweater) and there was no vehicle on that road, anywhere that night. I remember vividly even now (the right side of the road was empty as I've swerved into the opposite lane to ensure I didn't go near him).

Hope it was nothing.
Old 11th July 2013, 19:32   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Here lies the end to our ordeal?experience? which I have now shared completely.
Just Amazing! You got a sense of making things interesting. Why not a "Trojan Archer"?

BTW, I did not really understand the mystery of the Old Man, while the story actually uncovered an Old Lady???
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:53   #345
BHPian

This is something that I'm not able to digest still. I find it hard to ignore and harder to accept. You decide yourself. This is the true story of my neighbor, who has shared our space for a good 20 years.

The year is 2002. A family of 5, husband and wife and 3 boys were living happily, with lots of fun and frolic, what with three mischievous boys. On a fine Sunday morning, the family take their two wheeler (yeah all 5 of them, one of them is a kid just 6 months old), to a nearby fair. Just as they were midway, a speedy lorry knocks down the bike. The kids are throw on the road and so are the husband and wife. But after being thrown, the lorry runs over the mom and killing her instantly. Fortunately all 4 men are alive, but shaken. The father is left with broken bones in a number of places. All the boys escape with out a scratch. It's hard, very hard for the young father and the motherless kids. But, things are a little manageable, as the grandmom (mother of the deceased mother) decides to own up the kids and brings them up, while the father is employed in a nearby place. He comes and visits the boys regularly and is very affectionate towards them and so are the boys. They grow up quick, but the sadness lingers.

The year is 2012. 10 years has passed since the mother's demise and things have moved on. The father decides to get married again and asks for the hand of his sister-in-law who had taken good care of the kids all these days. But then, the girls family vehemently apposes the proposal and say no. They want to get their daughter married to a first-time-married-guy. And the father is asked to look for a bride elsewhere.

The time is mid 2012 and the father is kind of fed up. No one is ready to give their daughter to him, not coz of the 'first marriage' issue, but because of some bad omen, as indicated in his horoscope. He is not let down and continues searching and decides to get married the same year.

Somewhere during this time, his sister-in-law is 'caught' by the spirits. One fine evening, she starts screaming, bad mouthing the father and warns him of dire consequences if he decides to get married to anyone other than her sister. Apparently the spirit is that of the deceased mother. Everyone is shell shocked, but not moved. They think it's some freak incident that shouldn't be taken to heart and they ignore it. Life moves on. In the mean time the in-law's family is adamant in not giving their second daughter to this man.

Finally the father's elder sister comes to her brother's rescue. She decides to give her daughter to this man. This is atrocious, I condemn, as the girl is hardly 17 years old and this man is well in to his thirties. Blood is thicker, as they say and the father decides to get married to this girl. The original 'in-laws' are both happy and not happy, at the same time.

He then enrolls his 3 sons in a school near to his work place, after marriage and decides to live his life here. Peacefully.
That was not to be. Peace is not something that he had bargained for.

The time is Jul-2013 and the hardly-18 girl is now pregnant with a 7 month old baby. Another one for a father of 3, already. He is a nice man afterall and takes good care of her and they both appear to have come to terms with the age difference and appear happy in each other's company. After all it's a new life coming.

Right from the day of confirmation, the husband takes good care of her, giving her nutritious food and the regular checkups confirm that the baby is growing healthy inside. On a early morning however, a simple stroll to feed the lifestock turned their whole world upside down and is the source of this narration.

She get's some straw to feed the cows and that's when she gets fits, the first time in her life. The first time in her whole ancestry. Fortunately there are folks nearby who attend to her immediately. She's doesn't fall down and thank god, the kid inside is safe. A doctor attends to her and says that this is not expected, but it's manageable. She also advises to get a scan to confirm the baby is fine. The same day, a scan is done to ensure that the kid is safe. Both would be mom and kid are safe. Safe for now. The family is now cautious and takes extra care of the girl.

2 days pass and it's a friday evening. After a long day's labor the family decide to feed themselves and are seated as a family, in their living room. It's jolly chit chat time and the girl is having her first taste of the hot meal. Takes one handful of food and reaches for her mouth. But stops mind way. Her body turns tight and a weird grunt emanates from her. The family thinks she's short of breath and offer her a glass of water. She kicks the glass of water and shoves the food in to a small hole on the wall and draws circles with the food, on the side wall. The husband now is confused and angry with her behavior and tries to shout her down. But his shout is stopped midway by a deep grunt, a voice that he's so familiar with. A voice from the distant past. The voice of his long dead wife.

The man's blood freezes and he's dumbstruck. The young lady's eyes turn fiery red and her body shakes to violent jitter. The family thinks that she's got the bout of fits again and try to carry her to the nearest hospital. As soon the husband lifts her, her body turns cold and she's as calm as a placid lake. In 10 mins time, they reach the hospital and the doctor there advises them to take her to a bigger hospital. It's another 30 minutes before they reach the hospital and she's attended to immediately.

But the doctor's face is not too helpful. He informs the shaken family that the girl is dead and it's been almost 45 mins since her last breath.

As is the custom in this part of the world, the 7 month baby is taken out of the, now dead girl and buried separately. It's a beautiful girl child and she's as beautiful as her mother. But both die a premature death.

The man is a widower. A widower for the second time. The 3 kids, now boys, return to their grand moms place to spend the rest of their life and man is left with some unanswered questions. The biggest question being 'What is his fault?'

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 22nd July 2013 at 14:00.

Most Viewed