Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 08:34   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Can anyone notice that his hands and face are not visible....
Checking the video frame by frame at 1:08 second:
Attached Thumbnails
Spooky Experiences : Share them here-1.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2013, 09:59   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Checking
might be answering nature's call and wee bit off topic , when we used to drive back to Bangalore from Kollegal in the early mornings, it was really a regular spectacle on the road so much so, that my son would keep a count just for kicks
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:06   #363
Team-BHP Support

We all know there are things science cannot explain.
However this problem was such a big thing for BMW, that they had to scrap their advertisement.
No matter how many takes they did, the final image always had a faint image of a "ghost".
.They even changed the computers, hired a new team. Eventually, they abandoned the location.
You have to see very closely and if you listen carefully, you will also hear a faint rasping sound in the background.
Old 2nd September 2013, 22:47   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
might be answering nature's call and wee bit off topic
Possible. But as Sajands says, he/she did not move an inch seeing the car coming, braking, and then rushing past him/her.
Old 3rd September 2013, 02:32   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Possible. But as Sajands says, he/she did not move an inch seeing the car coming, braking, and then rushing past him/her.
According to my cousin, this so called guy was standing, facing towards the road with his head down, this was a total lone stretch and nothing in sight for the total 15 kms and pitch dark. I am pretty sure he was not waiting for the last bus

-Sajan
Old 17th September 2013, 07:18   #366
BHPian

@Trojan.I read about your experience in the house at talegaon.Truly creepy. Could u tell me the location or landmark of this house.I am in lonavala for a few days.So thought of paying a vist.Hope its alrite with you.
Old 17th September 2013, 10:47   #367
BHPian

Maybe the guy was drunk as well....I have seen people completly blown by country liquor and they have no clue what they are doing or whats happening in their surroundings.
Old 19th July 2014, 12:15   #368
BHPian

Spooky experiences during travelling

Here is my one and only experience -

It was a long haul ride from Nagpur to Indore; our absolute destination was Mandu which is around 110 Kms from Indore. It was already 9:30 PM and I was a little apprehensive with pushing further after a 550 Kms ride. The whether was stormy with continuous drizzle but we were all packed with full rainproof gears. My gutsy pillion / friend insisted to press on and I with some vacillation agreed.

After the 30 Km 4 lane highways, we took the turn for Mandu road which was a 80 Kms 2 lane road. We witnessed hardly 2-3 vehicles in that stretch; my trusty P220 marched on and as we were about to approach the Mandu, there we mistakenly reached some tourist spot which was indeed looking spooky in the night. Trust me, these old Mahals look nice in day time but are scary to look at especially during midnight. We immediately took a U-Turn and realized that we were on the wrong path. Finally after finding the right way we entered Mandu.

We started searching for a place to stay and found a budget resort nearby. However being a remote area it was all surrounded by plains. A quick dinner and we hit the bed and then I heard some noise like a continuous turbo whistle, it was like someone driving around in a Safari in low range. As I was really tired, I chose to ignore and dozed off. Woke up in the morning and noticed the same noise. I went out and found it to be a wind noise which was coming due to windwhich was much higher during the night. Then I realized it was a wise decision to anticipate it as turbo whistle as I could at least had a sound sleep. As a turbo kind of wind noise is quite scary to witness in a stormy night.
Old 21st July 2014, 16:17   #369
BHPian

Nice spooky thread !

Here is my account. This happened long back when I was in school - maybe in the 5th or 6th standard, do not remember accurately.

Now at that time we lived in rented rooms in a bungalow society. The society had 21 bungalows arranged in a inverted T fashion. Along the lane lived a family which had public disputes amongst themselves and were considered an unhappy lot. They consisted of an old couple and their two sons and one daughter in law.

Now our society was a rather peaceful society and back then with only 1 street light, people used to have their dinner by 7-8 PM. Cable television had not reached us and hence everything became quiet at 9PM. But that night in late June all hell broke loose and we could hear a lot of shouting and wailing going on. All four of us - my parents and me and my sister immediately went to the junction of the T where a small crowd had gathered.

Then we saw the flames coming on top of the last bungalow in the lane and frantic efforts were being made to get to the terrace using a ladder. All this while loud cries of "mala wachawa, mala wachawa" (save me, save me) were heard from the person on fire on the terrace. Finally people reached the terrace and were able to douse the flames. But alas the person did not survive.

That person was the old woman that I mentioned in the opening paragraph. It appeared that she had gone to the terrace in the dead of the night and having locked the terrace door from inside, she poured kerosene on herself and set herself on fire, mostly due to family disputed. But the question most people had was if she had indeed committed suicide then why did she cry for help ?

Anyway we kids were told not to venture near that bungalow after sundown. But us being kids we did not pay any heed to it. Two months post this incident, it was Ganesh chaturthi and so in the preceding month all of us kids - some 8-10 of us assembled at night to complete the decoration work in the pandal which was at the T junction. This went on from around 10PM till 2-3 AM.

That night, there were 4 of us remaining at 1.30 AM since others had left early. Now we being kids we were joking about the ghost of the old woman. So we finished our work, switched off the lights and climbed down from the pandal. Now this was our daily routine but on that particular night everyone felt something different and suddenly everyone wished to go home as quickly as possible. Rather unforunately, there was this one kid who lived right opposite the old woman's bungalow and he refused to go alone.

Hence we three accompanied him till his gate ( all the while chanting some mantras since for no reason we all were very scared). Not once during this entire rigmarole did anyone glance at the dead woman's bungalow or think about it. Once he was inside his gate, we turned around and started walking back to the T junction. Just then for no reason I glanced back at the dead woman's bungalow and broke into a cold sweat !! I saw the dead woman standing at the edge of the terrace, looking down.

Following my glance and dumbstruck posture my other two friends followed my gaze and the next moment we ran as fast as we could to our respective houses. We were shaking like anything but we dared not discuss what we saw lest the decoration at late night enjoyment be banned by our parents.

After that night we worked in fear but never saw her again. Even when we saw her, she was dressed normally like we usually used to see here in the society and she was looking down as if she was looking into the first floor balcony window. Never was I so scared to go near a house as I was in those days.

There is one other incident which I will tell in another post.

Last edited by luvDriving : 21st July 2014 at 16:19. Reason: corrected details
Old 21st July 2014, 17:22   #370
BHPian

Pune seems to be the hub of all supernaturally talented people quite a few anecdotes from Puneites

On a secondary note, has anyone visited the pretty famous Bhangarh, I have discussed this many a times with my friends about a road trip to Bhangarh. The place has plenty of history behind it, though always intrigued by the fact, why aren't people allowed to spend the night there.

Cheers,
Trojan

Last edited by Trojan : 21st July 2014 at 17:24.
Old 21st July 2014, 17:25   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
...But the question most people had was if she had indeed committed suicide then why did she cry for help ?...
Once some one starts burning, they start screaming for help as the pain will be un-bearable.
Old 21st July 2014, 17:29   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Once some one starts burning, they start screaming for help as the pain will be un-bearable.
Correct. That was my conclusion too that even if she wanted to die, she would not have thought of the immense pain of burning and that caused her to shout for help.
Old 21st July 2014, 19:22   #373
BHPian

I'll share one that i had. Some years ago, during my graduation days, we (me and my friends) loved playing Garba and Dandiya, for obvious reasons. So we used to play at several places in a night as we wanted to explore all the Dandiya Mandals. Few years ago, these programs used to be played till late night ~2am or sometimes even more. I stay at Navi Mumbai and so we decided to visit this Gujarati Mandal that had some authentic music and this decision was taken while playing till 1am at another Mandal. There were 2 ways of reaching there: One was the crowded city road and then there was a deserted road which was a shortcut from one of the highways leading to Old Panvel. Now this shortcut runs down the main highway, through a dirt filled road into a tunnel and another left turn after the tunnel into the city.
We were excited and were riding a bit faster than usual. We entered the dirt filled road. It was pitch darkness, no street lights, no cars, deserted road and only my bike with a friend as pillion. The headlight throw was decent enough. We barely crossed the dirt filled road and entered the tunnel. The tunnel is not more than 30ft in length, but weirdly even at a good speed we felt like we were in the tunnel for quite a long period of time. Our smiley faces started showing signs of concerns and just to ease the air, we were cracking jokes that may be the tunnel has been extended directly till Pune.
We then started worrying as the tunnel seemed it wont end, and i switched from the dipper to High beam just to find a thick mist of cloud right in front of us. (Even while writing this i am having goosebumps). We passed through it. It felt chilly as if we entered subzero temperatures. It passed soon though, and all of a sudden I had to hit the brakes real hard because there was a dead end bang in front of us! We almost slipped and the front tyre, did head-butt the rocks ahead. We did not even look back, just turned the bike and almost wheelied our way out in the city.
No, we were not drunk and it was felt by both of us. This incident is one of the spookiest I have encountered.
Spoke with localites and they warned us never to use the road. There have been several mystery deaths in the said area.
The tunnel is no more, thanks to the newer bridges and development. But that place gives me a chill whenever i cross it.
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:29   #374
BHPian

Here are two more minor incidents.

1. My maternal aunt lives in Miraj which is near Sangli in south Maharashtra. Her husband passed away in his early 50s and since then she was living alone in their single story house. After a few years she constructed two rooms on the first floor and rented them out to a couple just so that she may have some company. Now within an year of renting it out, the tenant committed suicide by hanging himself by the ceiling fan of the outer room. Since then those rooms have not been rented out to anyone.

We happened to visit her one summer holiday (this is again around 10-12 years ago) and it was our first time to visit her after that incident. Now my mother and aunt were chatting downstairs so me and my sister decided to explore her newly constructed first floor. We went upstairs and opened the outer room. The moment we entered the outer room we instantly felt that something was not right. Still we shrugged it off and went into the inner room. The feeling intensified and soon we were so uncomfortable that we bolted downstairs.

2. We had gone for a trip to Guhagar in konkan some years ago. We had booked two rooms in a private guest house, one for me and my wife and another for my mom, sis and 5 year nephew. We reached in the morning and spent the day exploring the place. We returned in the evening and after a nice dinner, retired to our rooms.

Now we were very tired and hence we felt that everyone would fall asleep as soon as they got into bed. But we never knew that we would have to endure a nightmare filled night. No one of us was able to sleep - everyone had horrible visions of men hanging by the fan, a stabbed girl and what not. And they felt so real that we left the room first thing in the morning. It was not as if only me or only mom or sis had these visions, everyone was just lying in bed waiting for sunrise.

3. Since the last 3-4 years we have had to shift 3 houses due to various reasons. Out of all these three houses one thing was common till recently. I have a habit of getting up at night to drink water. Now I used to keep water by the bedside but since my daughter has this habit of rolling all over the place, I stopped doing that and go to the kitchen to have a glass of water.

Now this started about 2 years back. I got up one night and went to the kitchen. Ours is a 2bhk apartment and the kitchen and the hall were joined together in a right angle. So while going to the kitchen from the bedroom, one can always view the hall. And so I casually glanced at the hall and I got the shock of my life - a woman in her 40s with a pallu over her head and a large bindi was sitting with her legs up on our sofa !! Nopes it was not a white saree. I skipped the water and ran back into the bedroom, closed the door and lay on the bed chanting mantras. I did not tell this to my wife for obvious reasons.

After that we changed houses (not for this reason) but I kept seeing this lady sitting on our sofa in the middle of the night. And lately I kept getting some malevolent vibes. So I mentioned this to my mother. My mother is a well known astrologer and does all the vastu stuff although I do not have any interest in it. After mentioning this to her after about two days, I stopped seeing the lady.
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:44   #375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post

Now this started about 2 years back............
I once saw a documentary where a family had experiences like you. They thought the house was haunted, but it turned out that the demon was attached to the family.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks