Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 12:43   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
A few days back, a friend of mine also told about his ordeal in a Bangalore flat, where he and his friend used to feel suffocated at night in their dreams. They used to feel like someone is sitting on their chest and choking them with a pillow or with hands. When they used to wake up, there used to be nothing. Needless, to say they moved out of that flat after a few days.
This is quite common. Though this is spooky, there is a reason for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Old 30th July 2014, 14:46   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
This is quite common. Though this is spooky, there is a reason for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
I am amazed that science gives all explanations. Was just curious how come the two of them happen to share the same experience.
Old 30th July 2014, 15:11   #408
BHPian

Have couple of stories to share. First one happened to me and the second word of mouth.
1. Way back in 90s when I was a school kid, we used to play(?!) this game which the tantric use to get the answers for questions. A chart paper with a circle in the middle and the top filled with alphabets, bottom with numbers and sides with Yes and No
In the circle, a candle will be lit and a tumbler will be closed upon it. Me and my friend close our eyes and relax for a minute with our pointed fingers on the tumbler. Any one of us would ask a question and to our dismay the tumbler would move to the answers.
First we thought it was either of us who knew the answer is moving the tumbler because the candle inside would be fallen down. But one fine day while we were doing this and after we got the answer, removed the tumbler and saw the candle intact with no flame. After this incident we never ever played this game.
2. This story was heard in 2012, Hyderabad. My office is in a remote place and there is a township nearby which was built on a cemetery. People working in night shifts have told that there was a guy working in his cabin and he got a call on his VoIP from his friend's VoIP which is few feet away. There were no one else in the floor and this guy got shocked why is his friend calling when he can talk from his cabin, stood up to see that there was no one in that cabin. When called his friend, he was in his room sleeping. This story has been doing rounds till now with many versions.
Old 15th August 2014, 16:05   #409

Ok, so I've always had a fascination with the supernatural so I was understandabbly overjoyed when I discovered this thread. Reading through all the spooky accounts here made remember something that happened to me about 10 years ago. So I was about 7-8 at the time and I was living in Overland Park , Kansas, my house was part of a small community and it's back faced a large open field about 3 or so acres large. On the western side of the field there was a small forested area and north of it was a tiny dilapidated looking cemetery(complete with lopsided headstones and a decaying fence). Me and a few friends decided to build a tree house in the forested area as that was quite a common practice among children our age. One day while working on the treehouse, I heard a soft rustle from a nearby bush and decided to go investigate. Upon entering the brush I discovered something white and pointy sticking out of the ground, so my morbid curiosity got the better of me and I called my friends to come over and help me uncover what was hidden under the ground. After about 10 minutes of digging, we discovered what I'm pretty sure was a human pelvis, even worse it seemed to belong to a child. Needless to say I never went back there again and our treehouse was never finished.
Old 27th August 2014, 10:47   #410
BHPian

Here is one experience which has nothing supernatural as such but puzzling to say the least.

I was driving home after office around 07.30 PM and I stopped at a place to pick up milk. Now as soon as I got out of the car, a beggar woman with a child started asking me for something to feed her child. The child may have been some 8 months old.

Now I usually do not pay attention or encourage these people but she as was not asking for money but some food for her child, I asked her to wait there stating I will get something from the shop. I bought half litre milk and a packet of biscuits to give her and came to the spot where I asked her to wait.

But to my surprise she was nowhere to be seen !! Now I thought that maybe she went to beg to someone else and I looked around thoroughly but it was as if she vanished into thin air !! Till this day I could not figure out how could she disappear in such a short amount of time since I came back quickly enough. Also beggars do not usually leave their spot and that is why it was more puzzling.
Old 27th August 2014, 12:31   #411
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps she had already filled her quota of milk and buiscuits for that day, and was looking for sponsor for booze!

Thumbs up for your intentions and actions!
Old 10th September 2014, 18:35   #412
BHPian

Why god? why I came to this thread and god knows how?
I am home alone for full week and I am reading this. Now I can hear "chur-chur" sound of every door in my office .
Old 11th September 2014, 13:12   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
I am home alone for full week and I am reading this. Now I can hear "chur-chur" sound of every door in my office .
Enjoy reading the thread once again, and google for some more spooky incidents. Probably you will then start hearing unusual sounds, be it the wind outside, or creaking doors or furniture, then the shadows could also be visible gliding gracefully accompanied by the music of howling dogs or angry cats!! At times you could also see the angry red stare of large black dog from just outside the window You should now be feeling thirsty, and need to walk to the water cooler at the other end of the floor or to the fridge when there is a blackout due to a power failure.. During such times, also look out for the moon behind the clouds which have quite scarry shapes.

BTW the last point on the cloud has happened to me when I was driving back home from a long and tiring drive from Tanjore to Chennai late in the night. There wasnt any traffic, and there were trees all around. Was also feeling slightly tired, more so because of driving through the desolate area than physical fatigue. It was then the clouds started showing the true shapes!!

Last edited by raghu.t.k : 11th September 2014 at 13:22.
Old 11th September 2014, 15:14   #414
BHPian

Nice thread... dont know how I missed it earlier!

I like to read up on such stories and also like watching supernatural movies, but I am not so much of a believer myself - perhaps because I havent had any similar experience worth relating till date ..

I had, in my past, unknowingly moved into a flat where the previous tenant had committed suicide by jumping from the balcony , and stayed alone for six months ( my family was alone in Hyderabad ). Not that I am very brave.. I came across the history of the place only after a month or so in the flat and I was too lazy to move out in a hurry. However the nights were peaceful and I didnt have any problems sleeping.

Another incident while in College was to have our house owner cremated right behind the house we were staying ( some 6 of us were in an indipendent house in a largish plot with a lot of trees, in a village close to our college ) - apparently the family wanted to cremate him at their family cremation place ( which was in the same plot , perhaps a hundred feet or so away from our house. I remember all of us sitting on the steps near the kitchen that led to the backyard of the house, watching the pyre burning late into the night.. the last guy who took care of it , left the place late at night and then on it was us and the pyre... and when the wind direction changed, we could smell burning flesh.. For some reason, we managed to sleep that night, and I remember some of us visiting the pyre early in the morning even before the guys responsible for it came for a check ...

At the same house, during one of those "study leave" periods, I was the first one to come back to the house (everyone goes home for study leave ), a few days before the exam. Incidentally this was a month or so after the cremation, and I had to spend the night alone. As I was about to curl up on my bed, trying not to think about the cremation, I see a dark shape outside the window, and while my heart almost came out of my mouth, the reassuring voice of our neighbour coming through "are you ok to stay alone.. need any help? " .... And this guy has a somewhat Afro-like hairstyle to add.

Some stories....
Old 11th September 2014, 16:08   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Enjoy reading the thread once again, and google for some more spooky incidents.
I aint reading your whole comment, got the idea from first line
last night was bad, I woke up in night and hoped that the night is over, I swiped my finger over the screen of my phone and boy it is 0233.
( I saw in some movie may be it was 1920 that all evil spirits are most active at 0300, ) watched couple of two and half man's episode and was only able to sleep again at around 0400 .
Old 11th September 2014, 18:18   #416
BHPian

Quote:
last night was bad, I woke up in night and hoped that the night is over, I swiped my finger over the screen of my phone and boy it is 0233.
And while you're at it;
Also do care to note (I have noticed on many many nights)

In the eerie calmness of your bedroom just when the clock turns towards the midnight hour - you are about to switch off the lights - trying to sleep by getting cozy under the blanket , what happens then - the dogs start BARKING and HOWLING for no apparent reason.

Don't worry this will go on for 5-10 mins, once its 1210 am or 1215 am, they shall quieten down, the same crazy way they started
Old 12th September 2014, 00:38   #417
BHPian

Quote:

Hi everybody.
Read all the the posts on this page and it has piqued my interest.
Will definitely read the entire thread.
Injaxn. Your post is great
Regards
Old 12th September 2014, 10:58   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I aint reading your whole comment, got the idea from first line
Although I don't get scared very easily, this one thing about waking up 5 minutes to 3:00 am spooks me. Has happened to me several times and the sounds of the night get 10x magnified, dogs barking, wind howling, doors creaking due to wind etc etc. Takes a while to fall asleep, but yeah mind plays wicked games at such times!
Old 12th September 2014, 12:01   #419
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Although I don't get scared very easily, this one thing about waking up 5 minutes to 3:00 am spooks me. Has happened to me several times and the sounds of the night get 10x magnified, dogs barking, wind howling, doors creaking due to wind etc etc. Takes a while to fall asleep, but yeah mind plays wicked games at such times!
As certain scientific text's have written, and many scientists proven, the universe is multi dimensional.
The spirit world is nothing, but another dimension, sitting on a higher plane.

During 3am to 4am, due to the Fredesrky kowalski effect, the walls between the two dimensions reduce the resonance instensity. This allows, extremely thin stuff, eg Helium, and human souls to permeate through.

Due to the pretense of souls in our body, we are protected by the second wall.

However, in some cases, a part of the soul has leaked, which leads to weakened wall.

When this happens, this causes the Fennaral Lauve reaction, which causes increased sensitivity.

Were you ever a victim of demonic possession? If so, this can explain it. When the demon is removed from the body, a part of the soul escapes.

Do not worry though, it has been proven that many people can live with only 20% of the soul remaining.

However, in some rare cases, this also happens when a body is occupied by two entities. The Demon and the Soul. In this case, I would suggest you get an energy aura analysis done, and if you see the wave pattern of two entities, start learning latin, because the most successful exorcisms are done by the host themselves.
Old 12th September 2014, 12:06   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
However, in some rare cases, this also happens when a body is occupied by two entities. The Demon and the Soul. In this case, I would suggest you get an energy aura analysis done, and if you see the wave pattern of two entities, start learning latin, because the most successful exorcisms are done by the host themselves.

Now that is some heavy duty stuff!! Am sure reading this repeatedly will ensure I sleep peacefully and not let my soul pass to the other dimension!!

Most Viewed