Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2014, 13:46   #466
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

This is an post and mods please delete if required, can't find anywhere else where it may be relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
No offence intended but the latitudes and longitudes are neither natural occurrences nor originally present but purely man-made imaginary lines for just easing up the things....
Completely agree. In all the time I have sailed, we have criss-crossed may lat/long several times. Being on a ship, have come across many spooky stories as well and have at times been spooked myself as well but it has always been my mind playing tricks on me. The sea is such an alien environment for most people that it has long inspired many paranormal, spooky, other worldly stories for time immemorial. Save a few, I have come to realize that most of these tales are just stories and have been spun by bored watch-keepers to while away long nights to pass time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
You were staying in Bentota. This lies on the 80 longitude. The 80 longitude is the latitude of time. This is the latitude where IST is set. The Indian standard time.
I enjoy reading your posts but you are incorrect. The IST is set by Long 82.5 E near passing near Allahabad - among other states.

Quote:
Sorry. I meant "Longitude Zero". Spelling mistake
The lines may be imaginary, but Humans referencing them leaves a Psychic imprint.
History has seen several prime meridians being used - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_meridian

Prime meridian (Longitude 0.00) is completely arbitrary. The only reason we use Greenwich is because Britain was at its most powerful and wide spread at the turn of the century and enforced its systems where it went. Till today the most widely used navigational charts used are produced by the British Admiralty.

If the French had had such an expansive empire, we might as well have been using Paris as the Prime Meridian.

Quote:
Coming back to Sri Lanka location, just being on "80 LON" would have been okay. But the latitude plays a big part here.

The 6.4 latitude is "close chiral" of the 80.

Longitude = 80 = 8*10
Latitude = 6.4 = 8*8/10

..... Intersections will be powerful. But you need another factor, like a big event. Earthquake, Tsunami, a bloody war......
Again - no offence but I checked this out and the co-ordinates you mention are actually out at sea, almost half a mile into the water and though Bentota suffered the effects of the Tsunami - it was much subdued compared to and owing to the fact that it is on the west coast of Sri Lanka. Maximum destruction was seen on east coasts of South India and Sri Lanka.
Old 1st December 2014, 18:40   #467
BHPian

@tsk1979, you are so good with the words, that half of the people do not get the point ! I think you should run your own separate thread and have other people comment about your thread in this thread...
Old 2nd December 2014, 14:23   #468
Senior - BHPian

@tsk - Have never experienced the supernatural. But I think, your posts may come to haunt me during my office hours sending me into suppressed laughter - others may think I am possessed, shaking convulsively sitting alone in my cabin!! I just hope I am not sitting on any 'close chiral'!!!
Old 2nd December 2014, 14:35   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Consider yourself lucky, very very lucky.

And you survived being sucked to the other side, wandering for eternity in the land of the other side.

You should actually complete the story and sell it off to any major hollywood studio and earn a very handsome payoff in the bargain

Last edited by luvDriving : 2nd December 2014 at 14:36. Reason: deleted extra smiley
Old 2nd December 2014, 16:18   #470
BHPian

Been reading many member's witnessing apparitions in various forms, for.e.g. Baby cries. Old Woman staring from the balcony in top floor, a huge fatso holding the gate and staring the onlooker, Lady sitting in sofa in Hall. etc, does all these happenings are related to the last occupied position of the spirit when it was inside a human body ?

In the above case most of the cases tell about the spirit showing it self up only on the last known position of it when it was inside a human body ? For e.g. the old women in pune set her self ablaze and she was alive last at that particular spot. Might be the white lady with white hairs lost her life in that particular stretch in Delhi is that reason she is seen approaching humans in the same place where she would have possibly lost her life?

One closing note for this post which i felt was worth mentioning, UK being famous for all these spirits, energies, dabbling them with a spiritual medium and all, there were these bunch of guys who hosted a show called Most haunted (Yvette Fielding- Host), by visiting all old castles in England and Ireland. In one such episode, a self proclaimed spiritual medium Derik Acorah, acted so bad as though he was communicating with a human spirit, later agreed sheepishly that he had only indeed tried doing his best acting but failed miserably and agreed all this was to just to capture the imagination of spectators by showcasing cheap tricks and fancies, showing a fake barometric pressure reduction, chilling effect in certain places, fake sounds et all.

Last edited by sriramr9 : 2nd December 2014 at 16:20.
Old 2nd December 2014, 16:53   #471
BHPian

@tsk,
you brought Latitude, longitude in explanation to one's spooky experience, that is some creativity man.

@PGNarain, Buddy an explanation to your each explanation is coming, wait for it.
Old 2nd December 2014, 20:01   #472
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Completely agree. In all the time I have sailed, we have criss-crossed may lat/long several times. Being on a ship, have come across many spooky stories as well and have at times been spooked myself as well but it has always been my mind playing tricks on me. The sea is such an alien environment for most people that it has long inspired many paranormal, spooky, other worldly stories for time immemorial. Save a few, I have come to realize that most of these tales are just stories and have been spun by bored watch-keepers to while away long nights to pass time.
The psychic world, which is indeed a parallel universe, interacts with our brain waves. By not believing, you have saved your soul. Sailors due to continuously crossing mysterious places, are vunerable to soul inversion and other dark effects. Kudos

Quote:
I enjoy reading your posts but you are incorrect. The IST is set by Long 82.5 E near passing near Allahabad - among other states.
These are imaginary lines. To a layman, its 80 degrees. Where is IST set? Somewhere around 80. This is the reason the psychic energy is focussed there. Now people who know 82.5 exact are scientific, and do not believe in these universal truths, so their psychic unbelief cannot open doorways. Similar to your not believing has saved your soul.

Quote:
History has seen several prime meridians being used - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_meridian

Prime meridian (Longitude 0.00) is completely arbitrary. The only reason we use Greenwich is because Britain was at its most powerful and wide spread at the turn of the century and enforced its systems where it went. Till today the most widely used navigational charts used are produced by the British Admiralty.
Again, whatever the reason, the psychic energy is focused on what many believe to be the prime meridian

Quote:
Again - no offence but I checked this out and the co-ordinates you mention are actually out at sea, almost half a mile into the water and though Bentota suffered the effects of the Tsunami - it was much subdued compared to and owing to the fact that it is on the west coast of Sri Lanka. Maximum destruction was seen on east coasts of South India and Sri Lanka.
But we do not know what exactly happened. As for half a mile out into the sea, salt water is a conductor, and when the power center lies in ocean, it can affect regions a couple of kms away. Think of this as psychic conduction.

There is even a formula for the same
Psychic energy = αη^ε/Sin(θ)
Old 3rd December 2014, 11:11   #473
BHPian

^^ Is the formula derived after performing psychic integration to your signature upto limit infinity
Old 4th December 2014, 12:17   #474
BHPian

^^ good gracious

now the thread is crossing from 'spooky' to bordering the 'ultimate jokes thread'

can someone bring in some fresh spooky anecdotes, please??
Old 5th December 2014, 10:55   #475
BHPian

Well, just read the thread after many days. Reason I've come back is because, it's been a week, I'm experiencing nightmares and wake up around 4am. Have to force myself to sleep, else I know, I'll have a heavy head the entire day!

But, it's kind of weird that the nightmares are repeating. Haven't seen a single horror flick or read anything related to horror.

Most of these nightmares involve weird faces, all of a sudden attacks and my family members. How do i get a good sound sleep?
Old 5th December 2014, 14:42   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
Most of these nightmares involve weird faces, all of a sudden attacks and my family members. How do i get a good sound sleep?
Some things have special power to induce a peaceful sleep just like somethings bring us nightmares and take away sleep from us.
And according to me, listening to some soothing music will make you forget all your worries , be it Indian ragas or western jazz [ Kenny G is one such saxophonist] classics, before you hit the sack. I advise the new age genre which does bring a great relaxation to mind. Try Yanni's or Kitaro's compositions and see that you listen to mostly instrumentals.
All this can be done if you like music. Else, the best bet is to watch some Comic flicks or funny videos before going to sleep.
If you are into spiritual things, then reading that type of literature would also help.
I know all these are old and repeated methods but I thought it is worth repeating them.
Have a happy and peaceful sleep.
Old 5th December 2014, 14:52   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Some things have special power to induce a peaceful sleep just like somethings bring us nightmares and take away sleep from us.
And according to me, listening to some soothing music will make you forget all your worries , be it Indian ragas or western jazz [ Kenny G is one such saxophonist] classics, before you hit the sack. I advise the new age genre which does bring a great relaxation to mind. Try Yanni's or Kitaro's compositions and see that you listen to mostly instrumentals.
All this can be done if you like music. Else, the best bet is to watch some Comic flicks or funny videos before going to sleep.
If you are into spiritual things, then reading that type of literature would also help.
I know all these are old and repeated methods but I thought it is worth repeating them.
Have a happy and peaceful sleep.
Thanks for the suggestions bro. I've tried the movies trick. I have no problem sleeping. It's just that I keep getting these nightmares, which wake me up! I then have to force myself to sleep post the nightmare. Trying anything else - music, movies, etc, ruin my sleep further.
Old 5th December 2014, 15:04   #478
BHPian

Going through this thread for the past few days, didn’t know or believe anything like this could exist on team-bhp, but after going through this thread I can only say that Trojan man you are a heck of a story teller, anybody and everybody who would have read your tale would have been left wanting for more and hats off to tsk1979 (tanveer) for providing such elucidation on the theory of gateway, souls and the other side. Gone through many a people’s experiences and it seems by those that half of our lives we have been surrounded by such incidents which lay on the verge of being termed as paranormal and we are not in a position to differentiate between them or to provide a reasonable justification for them.

In the end would like to share a video which I received yesterday -

Old 5th December 2014, 18:14   #479

Mod note: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Well, this happened when i was 7 years old. My uncle was my first best friend and we used to roam in his Maruti Esteem happily wherever we wanted.

One day we just took a drive to Trichy from Chennai without any intention/work as my uncle loves to drive and a local track based racer.It was midnight and I was at the front passenger seat.

We were traveling at 110 kmph, I saw a dog, full black in color, very big, even bigger than a great dane.

It barks at us, I notice its eyes were blood red.Then I realize that how come I'm seeing this dog for 10 seconds while we are traveling at 110 kmph? It actually ran parallel to our car for 10/15 seconds and for some reason I dont know why, i didnt say this to my uncle who is pretty focused on the road.

He just happened to see the rear view mirror and i dont know what he saw, he immediately braked soo hard that I felt like my heart has jumped out.

He went out of the car and asked to stay where I was. He went 10 feet and took a hard look and came back, didnt say a word what was he looking, neither did I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
Well, just read the thread after many days. Reason I've come back is because, it's been a week, I'm experiencing nightmares and wake up around 4am. Have to force myself to sleep, else I know, I'll have a heavy head the entire day!

But, it's kind of weird that the nightmares are repeating. Haven't seen a single horror flick or read anything related to horror.

Bro, Try to change the room/place where you sleep. My father have this kind of bad nightmares when he sleeps in a particular place in a room.

If he changes the sleeping place, he says he gets good dreams or no dream at all, only good sleep.

I rarely get this kind of nightmares and I know exactly how it'll make you panic within seconds.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th December 2014 at 18:39. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Old 5th December 2014, 18:48   #480
Senior - BHPian

Though not fully, I, to some extent, agree with TSK.
Best example is the house I reside in.

1) A few years ago, exactly at same time, for continuous three days, something kept in stable condition would fall off my Desk. Desk was a nice wooden table created by my Dad for me and my sister so that we can study. It had facilities to store books and a slanting ( to avoid spondylosis at later age ) surface.

The books and papers kept in stable condition would fall off without any hint.

On 3rd day me and my dad decided that if this happens next time, we will call somebody to help us out.
No, the room did not have any doors or windows open.

2) The day we shifted in this house, I was very tired and sleeping like a log. All of a sudden, my sister came, woke me up and said somebody is standing at balcony. The area was quite remote 14 years ago. I ignored. But when I shifted to room earlier occupied by my sister, I had same feeling. Scary.

3) I was alone at home during exams where as all my family members were out of town to attend some social function. I felt somebody was walking at stairs and got out of my room with a dumbbell in hand to hit the stranger. I could feel the energy and vibrations, but could not see any thing. Checked open terrace, but could not see anything. Got back to study.
A few minutes later, I felt somebody was hitting my room's window. Again the dumbbell in hand explored everything, found nothing.

4) My sister had shifted to another room downstairs. She felt as if someone is hitting her. A lady hit her hard several times. This happened for many days.

5) My cousin had an exam at my city. Came down from A'bad, stayed for a couple of days and went back. After going to A'bad, he told his mother ( my aunt ) that he felt ridiculously energy sucking in our home. Wanted to run away.

6) My aunt's mother visited us, she could not sleep in any room. Felt too much weird.

7) I once or twice found radio to be in "ON" condition after I return home from college. Those were not time of FM radio in mobile and Nokia was still a king.

8) At more than one instance realized that all of a sudden the lights in my room would be on, though I distinctly remember switching them off.

These energies do exist if we believe or not. I am not sure of any formula, but having suffered from above experiences, can say these things exist.
I always felt that somebody is staring at me from the passage towards my room. An eerie feeling. Once I felt somebody hit me on my head while I was asleep. Cant forget that feeling easily.

The spirits do exist, but in Plasma state or something similar (from what I have read ). I do believe in their existence.

@ TSK: I am not able to find any reference to the rescue team incidence.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 5th December 2014 at 18:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks