Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2014, 00:38   #511
BHPian

Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Ok here is my spooky experience. I had quit smoking during office hours for quite sometime. BUT TODAY, I had a cigarette left behind and had walked down to enjoy it. I get a call from some Gurgaon number, asking me "Am I talking to a Renault Duster Owner?". Me out of enthusiasm, no Not yet. I am just in the process of becoming an owner in a few days. The reaction was, "Ok sir thank you for your time, bye". I was like "hello hello wait, what is it about" was duly responded by "beep beep dead". 😱

Last edited by selvagp : 19th December 2014 at 00:39.
Old 19th December 2014, 10:32   #512

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
With ghosts, there are two kinds of people, one which believes in it and others which don't. Same applies to readers of tsk in this thread.
Bro, believe me, I'm not your usual imagination/hallucination type of a guy. In fact, I have lot of interest in this paranormal thing not because I believe in it, but I want to know what is the exact reason scientifically.

So that day what I experienced, I'm unable to give a scientific reason, at the same time I cannot say its because of a ghost, since I didn't see any with white saree that day

I actually gave a hard thought about this.

1. Do I have dark/night fear? - No, In-fact I enjoy the calmness.
2. I was tired at that particular day? - No, I'm used to working in long shifts.
3. Do I have any previous incidents of hallucinating? - No, except dejavu experiences, which is pretty common I guess.
4. Was I drunk in that particular day? - Hell, No.
5. Do I have belief in ghost? - No.
6. Did I try to stay calm and analyze the situation that day? - Yes I did.

So, my analysis goes like this. Even though I don't believe in ghost thing, I dont seem to explain how it happened. Even If someone says this incident to me, I wont believe it. But unfortunately, I saw it, but couldn't figure out how it happened.
Old 19th December 2014, 10:38   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
With ghosts, there are two kinds of people, one which believes in it and others which don't. Same applies to readers of tsk in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
Ok here is my spooky experience. I had quit smoking during office hours for quite sometime. BUT TODAY, I had a cigarette left behind and had walked down to enjoy it. I get a call from some Gurgaon number, asking me "Am I talking to a Renault Duster Owner?". Me out of enthusiasm, no Not yet. I am just in the process of becoming an owner in a few days. The reaction was, "Ok sir thank you for your time, bye". I was like "hello hello wait, what is it about" was duly responded by "beep beep dead". 😱
You might have researched in lot of websites regarding the Duster and you might have dropped your number. Its may be a sales inquiry call or something related to your research you might have done about Duster.

Did you try to call back that number? If its not connecting, then Its a customer care number which you cannot make a call to them.
Old 20th December 2014, 03:52   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinotys View Post
You might have researched in lot of websites regarding the Duster and you might have dropped your number. Its may be a sales inquiry call or something related to your research you might have done about Duster.

Did you try to call back that number? If its not connecting, then Its a customer care number which you cannot make a call to them.

I have not only researched, I have booked and is about to become an owner. Yes it is a customer (s)care number that I could not call back to.
Old 31st December 2014, 23:06   #515
Senior - BHPian

3-4 days ago, at 3:30 am or so, I was having a horrible time. Not sure if I was dreaming or it was actual, I think I saw somebody, wanted to scream, but could just not speak. Had a horrible time, cant explain by words and one must experience it to understand the helpless time. It continued for half an hour or so. At 4:02 am, got up, took some water, went to sleep again.

But that experience I will not forget. Also, I could hear something slamming on my rooftop. A few weird noises.
Old 10th January 2015, 15:15   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
3-4 days ago, at 3:30 am or so, I was having a horrible time. Not sure if I was dreaming or it was actual, I think I saw somebody, wanted to scream, but could just not speak. Had a horrible time, cant explain by words and one must experience it to understand the helpless time. It continued for half an hour or so. At 4:02 am, got up, took some water, went to sleep again.

But that experience I will not forget. Also, I could hear something slamming on my rooftop. A few weird noises.
It typically happens when you dream something which is very spooky and your brain tries to send signal to other organs but these just fail to respond as the signal is not strong enough. You feel helpless as you can not even move and no voice comes out of you mouth. Mostly at this time the brain is busy doing other things like storing memories, building up pieces of things that have happened in the day.

When your brain power is strong enough to send strong signal to other parts of the body, you quickly come out of the dream. This is just based on things that I have read on internet and experienced personally. If the dream is good, you dont feel like getting up or alarmed, if its spooky, God bless you
Old 18th January 2015, 23:28   #517
BHPian

Hi everybody.
From todays Times of India.

Jan 18 2015 : The Times of India (Mumbai)
Rationalists' challenge: Will pay Rs 2 lakh if you show spirits exist

The Maharashtra Andhashraddha Nirmoolan Samiti (MANS), whose founder Narendra Dabholkar was killed in 2013, has announced a prize money of Rs 21 lakh to anyone who can prove that ghosts exist.
Avinash Patil, executive president of MANS, told TOI: “We will carry on with the legacy of the late Narendra Dabholkar by fighting blind belief, superstitions and black magic. In fact, we are ready to pay Rs 21 lakh to anyone who can show us a real ghost.“ Patil added that horror movies wrongly influence young minds to believe that ghosts exist.“Once a human being dies, his heart stops beating and his brain perishes. Since all our thought processes and memory systems are stored in the brain, how can humans become ghosts or something after their brains have completely stopped functioning?'' he reasoned. On their website, MANS has said that certain sounds are also thought to be a cause of supposed ghost encounters. Frequencies lower than 20 Hertz are called infrasound and are normally inaudible, but scientists have concluded that infrasound can cause humans to experience bizarre feelings in a room, such as anxiety, extreme sorrow or even the chills.
Another point of view is in this article
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...18012015002012
egards

Old 19th January 2015, 07:46   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
From todays Times of India.

Jan 18 2015 : The Times of India (Mumbai)
Rationalists' challenge: Will pay Rs 2 lakh if you show spirits exist

Job Opening for tsk1979
Old 19th January 2015, 08:22   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonder why did they choose 21 in the award/prize money ? :-)
( Why 21 Lakhs )
Old 27th January 2015, 10:43   #520
BHPian

Now this is intersting:

Pakistan all-rounder Haris Sohail complained of a supernatural presence in his hotel room in Christchurch, New Zealand, forcing the team management to shift him to another room. Sohail, 26, was awoken in the night in the Rydges Latimer Hotel by what he believed was a ghost pushing him .

Interestingly, this seemingly strange incident is not the first of its kind in International cricket. In the England summer of 2014, fast bowler Stuart Broad complained about a supernatural presence in his room in a hotel in London. Shane Watson, in 2005, too was reportedly spooked during his stay at the London's Lumey Castle.

source
Old 27th January 2015, 12:43   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Pakistan all-rounder Haris Sohail complained of a supernatural presence in his hotel room in Christchurch, New Zealand.

In the England summer of 2014, fast bowler Stuart Broad complained about a supernatural presence in his room in a hotel in London. Shane Watson, in 2005, too was reportedly spooked during his stay at the London's Lumey Castle.
Must be match fixing & poor performances haunting them!
Old 27th January 2015, 15:50   #522
BHPian

About 2 days ago when I was locking up for the night, a strange thing happened.

Now, to get an idea, our apartment has a wooden door protected by a metal door outside the wooden door (just like most of the apartments nowadays). There is a 'toran' with a smallish coconut in the middle tied on the inside of the metal door.

Also on the outside of the inner wooden door we keep the lock attached to the door (no latch on this door).

Now I shut the outer door, locked it and then shut the inner door. As soon as I had shut the inner door (not locked it as yet) I heard - RAT-A-TAT-A-TAT- as if someone was knocking on the inner door. Now this was heard by my wife as well as by my kid since both were looking at the door.

I opened the door (thinking it to be someone who came up the stairs) but there was no one there. Thinking that maybe the lock or coconut were creating the noise, I checked them too but there was no possibility of that and so I shut the door again and again the same - RAT-A-TAT-A-TAT - sort of like knock-knock-knock, same as the first time !

Again I opened the door. This time too there was no one at the door. So I opened the outer door too and looked down the stairs if someone was creating mischief but it was close to 12.00AM and everyone in Dhayari, Pune is sound asleep by 10.30-11.00PM.

Now I have been thinking hard as to what could have been the reason but I could not find any logical answer. This has never happened before. There was no wind or anything and I always shut the door softly so there is very small probability of the lock or the coconut creating that knocking noise.

Also there is very little gap for the coconut to move and as for the lock - well maybe but I doubt that it could create the same distinct noise - knock knock knock - two times in a row with same volume for each knock. At the most it will bang once or twice against the door, the volume decreasing each time.

Well this incident has not repeated since that day and so right now I am attributing it to a one-off unexplained things.
Old 4th February 2015, 18:24   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Wonder why did they choose 21 in the award/prize money ? :-)
( Why 21 Lakhs )
Because 21 = 42/2. We all know now that 42 has a great significance to the lat / long science as explained by Tanveer in one of his earlier post.
Old 4th February 2015, 20:56   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh ok, That would a bigger reason than the socio-religious significance of 21.
Old 6th March 2015, 15:09   #525
Senior - BHPian

This one is a good read:
http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysi...erlife-exists/

Quote:
Harvard Neurosurgeon Confirms The Afterlife Exists

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks