Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 17:46   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
The first time when I experienced this, I stopped the car, checked tyres and the bonnet area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Well, I had this experience too on NH4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Concluded that it was the road/undulation etc making noise and that I needed rest. Rode ahead carefully (read: wide eyed) and halted at Davanagere for the night.
I think what you guys noticed is same as what was discussed earlier here.
Old 26th October 2015, 18:12   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I think what you guys noticed is same as what was discussed earlier here.
Wow Suhas, good find. That's exactly the same experience mentioned by so many other people. I think we can now put this "Tire(d) ghost" to rest. Thanks for sharing the link.
Old 26th October 2015, 21:10   #573
BHPian

Quote:
I do not believe in ghosts either and it is spooky in a sense that was unnatural. I have heard various sounds that are due to the echo when the car passes by certain dividers or barricades but this was odd as there seems to be no difference in the road surface for a few kilometers before and after. Also if this was a "feature" with any particular make of the car how come other cars also feel it?
Not sure what could have caused it. Its similar to my mom's watch and her earlier mobile. Both of it used to stop working once in Kerala, and start working once we reach Chennai. Not sure of when it stops, but once in Trichur they no longer worked. But nothing spooky, just funny and something for which we had no answers(or we were not too keen to find out).
Old 26th October 2015, 21:18   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Concluded that it was the road/undulation etc making noise and that I needed rest.
The NH4 in that area has un-even surface due to the tar melting. Luckily, it is mostly one lane on each side. I have got around this by switching to the other lane on the side that I am traveling.

however, I have not had any such experiences.
Old 10th February 2016, 14:01   #575
BHPian

Re: my roomie horror exp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
Well if my roomie was a member here..He'd have a really bad story to say...
Take my bow sir. You have the guts of creating a Ghost out of GF's Pic and then showing it to her in gratitude .

Yes, this image is really scary. The first time I showed it to wifey, she almost screamed in fear. I then narrated her the whole story of yours. But still, it scares me out to the bone, even when I see it in broad day light.

Last edited by ampere : 10th February 2016 at 14:05. Reason: Edited quoted content
Old 11th February 2016, 08:39   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spooky or some other reason that can be attributed to this - I do not know. Not once but thrice I have experienced this.

Happened when driving from Hubli towards Bangalore on NH4, around 15 kilometres before Ranebennur. All of a sudden I hear this sound as if the car's tyres have punctured. This sound continues for around a couple of kilometres and everything is again back to normal.
This happens when a very heavy vehicle iron wheels have passed on the road. Imagine the chains on wheels of a tank passing on a road.
A road-roller cannot cause this. Should be one of those earth digging equipments.

It creates very fine lines on the road surface, so when you drive over the area, it sounds like the tyre is punctured or something wrong with the drive shaft.

I had a first hand experience around same time as your, Oct 2015, when I had been to my hometown in Bhubaneswar.

I was being driven around some place by our driver in our Wagon R. Suddenly the noise came in and I panicked. The driver calmed me and said that nothing has happened to the car and it was the road surface which had fine lines on it due to some heavy weight vehicle going over it. He says he drives around that area and even my dad panicked on the first instance. He avoids that particular lane and drives in middle lane to avoid the noise.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 11th February 2016 at 08:41.
Old 25th February 2016, 20:37   #577

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Are you sure it was not a "real" ghost ? 😀 Someone most likely one of the passenger was clearly scared as could be heard from the screams.
If you look at it again, you will find that the passengers are just screaming and are not at all scared. When you are really scared, you try to run from that place rather than repeatedly pointing the bike's headlight at the so called ghost and make screaming sounds. The same video is available with the names of different ghats on Youtube. There could be only two motives behind this. 1) Mischief 2) Robbery (so that you can put the blame on the so called ghost).
Old 4th March 2016, 22:40   #578

This has happened to me almost 5 years back when I was working in bangalore in fairly Big IT company in Marathahali (Not going to take name here). I used to work in 24/7 rotational shift with each shift stretch for 12 hours at a time. My night shift, or call it grave yard shift starts at midnight 12 and go till 12 noon next day. This shift and work pressure was taking toll on me when I decided to quit and move back to Chennai.

This shift allow me to work in total isolation as I will be only person on whole floor of that wing along with few local IT technicians to support at night (more on that later). I used to come, login and work till I feel hungry. I will have food, drink coffee and continue doing that. As there was no one on floor, out of all 500 cubicles, only my light will be lit and of the breakout area. Most of the floor remain dark. I was aware that one of the office corners is where Local IT team sits and many times work in night to fix broken systems, printers and probably sleep there later. I got used of them working there at night but personally never met though there is no one to talk and i'm a but of introvert person to voluntarily go and talk to them. Only sounds there in that floor was of their screwdrivers working on systems, moving roller chairs around, working on computers, their keyboard strokes and testing printers in printer room. This went for good 8 months.

I was serving my notice and it was my last working day (or say nightshift) at the office. Person who was in previous shift was login out and we were just chatting and saying bye as probably I will not meet him again.
Colleague : You are really tough mate. This floor has spooky environment especially at night time.
Me : I agree to you, it freaks me out to work in middle of night all alone on the floor with all the lights off and only my cubicle light ON.
Colleague : I used to work here for night shifts and then moved to day shift permanently due to sick affect of the hall.

I dont wish to dig any deeper but curiosity killed the cat and thats what happened with me. I asked him the details. he told there was lot of unwanted noise on the floor which was really random and never caught in action.

Me : What type of sound you used to hear.
Colleague : Like someone is typing, chairs moving (rolling sound on floor mat). Printers selfstarting and printers room door slamming sound.
Me : yeah I know its could be freaky but thanks to Local IT team who works here at night , I never feel alone. We never met or talked but its good to know thatsome one else is also on floor.
Colleague : (Surprise and freakedout look at his face) Did you meet any of those guys during your shift ?
Me : No, I just dont want to disturb them as they are busy and I am also not free enough.
Colleague : Did you atleast saw them ?
Me : of course not, they work in the corner (show him the direction) and probably sleep theer later in night.
Colleague : Dude, Local IT works in general shift i.e. 9 am to 5 pm. Only person who works here at night is our team i.e. YOU !!!
Me : So whats the sound of keyboard, chairs getting dragged across floor and slamming of printer room door ?
Colleague : (With tense look) Take care tonight, its your last day here at office. Bye.
Me : (Still in shock didn't even reply to that bye)

I still remember every minute of that night spent on that floor. I did hear all the noise that night again in horror but this time I switch ON all the lights on the floor and used to run around to catch the source of the sound. never saw one thing in action.

To this day I get goosebumps when I think about that night. That place was surely possessed.
Old 7th March 2016, 11:25   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive&Smile View Post
Colleague : Dude, Local IT works in general shift i.e. 9 am to 5 pm. Only person who works here at night is our team i.e. YOU !!!
Me : So whats the sound of keyboard, chairs getting dragged across floor and slamming of printer room door ?
Colleague : (With tense look) Take care tonight, its your last day here at office. Bye.
Me : (Still in shock didn't even reply to that bye)
Wow that must have been some revelation ! Imagine having to spend the last day (or night if you prefer) of your employment in this manner.

It happens sometimes when we hear some noises and in spite of searching high and low, we are unable to find out the exact reason for it. I have also experienced such a thing, although not in the office but at one of our rented houses some years ago. A noise such as a anklet might produce (cham chamm) kept coming from the bedroom window. When I got up to investigate, it stopped. This went on for about 2 weeks and then it stopped totally. I never really found out what or who was causing that noise.
Old 7th March 2016, 13:17   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post

A noise such as a anklet might produce (cham chamm) kept coming from the bedroom window. When I got up to investigate, it stopped. This went on for about 2 weeks and then it stopped totally. I never really found out what or who was causing that noise.
You are no the only one luvDriving who has had to deal with such instances. And all due respect to beliefs, but this is more often than not, just a tiny insect going about its night life

Various conditions can alter this sound to an extent and if one has creepy thoughts running wild, this may not help a great deal.

This video may give you some idea:

There have been couple of instances where I have been asked to investigate the anklet sound coming from under the bed

Last edited by Vik0728 : 7th March 2016 at 13:18.
Old 9th March 2016, 13:54   #581
BHPian

Quote:
This has happened to me almost 5 years back when I was working in bangalore in fairly Big IT company in Marathahali (Not going to take name here). I used to work in 24/7 rotational shift with each shift stretch for 12 hours at a time. My night shift, or call it grave yard shift starts at midnight 12 and go till 12 noon next day. This shift and work pressure was taking toll on me when I decided to quit and move back to Chennai.
To this day I get goosebumps when I think about that night. That place was surely possessed.
Not a dig at you, but towards those people who spread the rumours about spooky IT offices.
I cant begin to even explain how ridiculous it is. If you hear stories about this happening in your office, just grab a couple of beers, call a couple of friends and go into the floor that is "haunted" during graveyard shift. Stay there, chat for a while, roam around, light up the whole place and figure it out.
Forts I can understand why they must spook some people. But IT offices with all the lights and cameras and glass walls.
Old 9th March 2016, 14:14   #582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This has happened to me almost 5 years back when I was working in bangalore in fairly Big IT company in Marathahali (Not going to take name here).

You are right. Its possession, and its growing, esp in IT companies.
The reason is very simple. The spirit world exists on a different plane, but it can interact with our world. The spirits are drawn to humans with a desire to possess, because a soul without a body is an abomination. Just like a free radical, a soul desires to join with a body. But our bodies already have souls. Due to this reason, our soul barrier makes sure that random ghosts cannot possess us with ease.
However, with the silicon revolution, now we have the body elements in abundance. What is a body without soul, without consciousness.
Well its processing unit + memory.
And that is what computers are. Processing units and memories. But there is no soul.
So as computers get more and more powerful, spirits realize that they can inhabit them.
Due to this reason, a lot of them get drawn to data centers. Now souls are designed to inhabit organic bodies, but not silicon. This causes a lot of issues, and confused souls cause havoc. Due to this reason, many data centers have inexplicable issues, server failures etc.,
In your case, due to something inherent to the property of the land the IT center was built upon, conditions were favorable for the soul world to inhabit the silicon world. This happens very very rarely. Only when you have a chi lines of major power flows intersecting you can have such conditions.
Consider yourself very lucky. When such conditions happen, souls can even break the soul barrier and possess you. Due to abundance of silicon resources, they ignored you. Your introvert nature also saved you, because if they had detected your presence they would have rushed for you.
During the day, the solar radiation introduces a lot of noise and chaos, and spirit world influence decreases. Even when there are lot of humans present, the combined soul barrier energy disrupts and weakens the spirit world.
For possession, you need to have very few humans, no solar influence, and sufficient aggregation of spirit entities in a location.
You were a prime candidate for possession, but you got saved. Thank your start friend.
Old 9th March 2016, 14:31   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The reason is very simple.
And I was waiting for this
(Mods, sorry for the one liner, but once again )
Old 9th March 2016, 15:10   #584
BHPian

Quote:
What is a body without soul, without consciousness.
Well its processing unit + memory.
And that is what computers are. Processing units and memories. But there is no soul.
So as computers get more and more powerful, spirits realize that they can inhabit them.
In your case, due to something inherent to the property of the land the IT center was built upon, conditions were favorable for the soul world to inhabit the silicon world. This happens very very rarely. Only when you have a chi lines of major power flows intersecting you can have such conditions.

During the day, the solar radiation introduces a lot of noise and chaos, and spirit world influence decreases. Even when there are lot of humans present, the combined soul barrier energy disrupts and weakens the spirit world.
For possession, you need to have very few humans, no solar influence, and sufficient aggregation of spirit entities in a location.
Sirji, Understand and accept the condition of solar radiation and chaos.

Thats why you can see most action underground, like in mines, caves, where the energy composition to possess increases.

But the chi lines concept is new for us.

Coming back to the building part, still believe we have ruminants of the human anatomies present, which might be influencing it [ Not sure though ]

@Drive&Smile : You owe yourself something which you did in this generation or previous one. God Bless You Buddy.
Old 9th March 2016, 16:31   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
Forts I can understand why they must spook some people. But IT offices with all the lights and cameras and glass walls.
Well, given the right frame of mind, add in the right atmosphere (eerie emptiness, dead calm et al) and almost any location can turn into a spooky and frightening place

Quote:
The reason is very simple. The spirit world exists on a different plane, ... a location.
You were a prime candidate for possession, but you got saved. Thank your start friend.
I was wondering when you would jump in. This is slightly below par compared to the previous explanations (this one) yet still enjoyable

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks