Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2017, 17:57   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
The answer to this is the answer to all spooky experiences. She is a figment of some people's imagination. Obviously, not everybody will see her.
Ok. Thanks. I got the non-believer's side of the story. Now I want a believer's opinion.
Old 22nd May 2017, 18:56   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Ok. Thanks. I got the non-believer's side of the story. Now I want a believer's opinion.

I believe member tsk1979 will give those opinions with rather elaborate details, although I guess his haunt-jaunts have decreased these days.
Old 23rd May 2017, 10:27   #618
BHPian

Quote:
This is when he realised that the women was running parallel to his scooter.
The same story has been narrated for different locations time and again. Sometimes it's a deserted highway, sometimes it's a cemetery.

Read point 23 in the below link-

https://www.holidify.com/blog/most-h...ndia-asi-list/

BTW, I have heard a lot about Bhangarh fort and that the ASI has it off limits after sunset because of paranormal activities. Does any one have any idea if this is true?
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:10   #619
BHPian

Quote:
It's been a long time since someone has posted on this thread so I will break the silence. Not experienced anything personally, but narrating an incident I read somewhere.

- The old Mumbai-Pune highway has been a very popular place both on and off this thread. There have been several cases of ghost sightings here. One that caught my fancy was a man on the scooter incident. This man was transversing down the highway at night when he gave a lift to a woman. He then dropped her off and continued but spotted her yet again. This continued for a while until he realised what was happening and stopped helping her. This is when he realised that the women was running parallel to his scooter. He got distracted and blanked out. The next morning, he was found at a roadside dhaba with both his arms and probably a leg broken.

My questions to experts:

- What was the motive of this ghost? Clearly he (the man) could have died but he didn't.

- Could she be someone who had committed suicide and wants to seek revenge or something? But again, why?

- Why can only certain people at certain times see her and not everyone?
Old Mumbai - Pune highway, that made me recall an incident happened with us. I was going from Pashan to Warje in my friend's car (he was driving it) and we thought it's better to take the old highway instead of going through the city. He was driving around 80-90 KMPH, and there wasn't much traffic on the highway.

All of a sudden, he braked very hard. Note that there was nobody in front of us. Thankfully, no one was behind us so we didn't get rear-ended.

Upon asking him why did he do that, he replied he saw someone running across the road to cross it. I was right next to him in the passenger seat and I saw that there was nobody.

He got frightened and immediately picked up speed only to stop at our place
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:29   #620
BHPian

From my college days:

Our University is located in the buffer zone of corbett National park and many a times odd groups of elephants, leopard, and other wild animals getting inside the university campus was not much of a news. The university campus itself is spread in 11000 acres of land, predominantly farms, with 3 semi-circles surrounding a big central park, comprising of college buildings, hostels and quarters for professors and teaching/support staff, respectively away from the centre. The campus main gate, opening to the nearest highway, was about 5 KM from the university centre. The road connecting the gate to the university has farms on both sides with intermittent buildings, infrastructure on both sides, well spaced out of each other, starting with fisheries college and ponds, lakes, enclosures for fish rearing on either sides. The road passes over two rivulets before culminating on the left most part of the semi-circle archs housing main campus. There was one more road, less used , less-lit, and passing by a crematory. During days, the campus, the road and the greenery would take our breath away, incredibly beautiful. On nights, with no electricity, you can't see your hands right in front of your eyes - it's pitch dark.

The main road itself is quite spooky, but this story is about the other road. College students used this road a lot as it was shorter to the main gate, and in case we are coming late (well ahead of permitted time, 9 PM), we can avoid getting caught by university security.

So this was a night of early January, thick fog engulfing the whole campus and farms, making it even more spooky. We were 5 friends, coming from the nearest town where we could drink and eat, and it got very late. We managed to get a lift from a truck till the university gate. It was around 2AM at night when we entered the gate. As expected, you won't get any rickshaw at this time, so we started to walk, hoping that some rickshaw would come on our way back.

As is usual with such conditions and with such friends, "real" stories about ghosts, paranormal and frightening things started in our conversations. We were all laughing and chatting but inside, we were all a bit frightened. Moans and growls of a pack of hyenas could be heard (Hyenas are plain ugly looking animals when you see them in daytime, or on TV. But during nights, with those glittering reddish eyes, they look fearsome. And they make terribly frightening sound too).

As we were crossing the fisheries college (to our right and ponds to our left), we saw a pack of hyenas roaming in the road right in front of us. Now, sighting hyenas is a common thing in the campus, but with ghost stories going on, at this late time, with thick fog all around, and no-one else in sight, we were actually feeling afraid. Particularly so, because the fisheries hostel had been closed for renovation and one of us was a fisheries student who was telling us that the hostel was haunted (specifically the hostel mess), this being the real reason of it being closed. He was telling us that the students living there had organised a hawan pooja too some months back and have told the athorities too about the strange sounds coming from mess back-area during nights.

Nevertheless, we had no option so we decided to keep moving in a huddle, avoiding any direct eye contact with the group of hyenas. Hyenas seldom attack humans, and we passed them by without any incident and reached the cross-road where the road bifurcates to the main road and the road through crematory. We discussed at length about which road to take. And unanimously decided it was easier to encounter a ghost than encountering the campus security, so we took the road through crematory. after a few metres of walking down the road, we found one rickshaw coming our way, much to our delight. We were tired, frightened and wary of being caught by security. We talked to the rickshaw walla, fully clad in a thick blanket (it was a chilly night), and he agreed to take us all for 100 bucks (usually no more than 3 people can alight a rickshaw, and the price was 10 bucks per person, but we duly agreed).

To be continued.....
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:33   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
BTW, I have heard a lot about Bhangarh fort and that the ASI has it off limits after sunset because of paranormal activities. Does any one have any idea if this is true?
All it requires is for a minister or even an MLA to arrange for breaking that myth. Send in a couple of drone cams.
Regarding all the so called haunted places, its more of "we dont want to know" rather than "we cant know".
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:54   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
I visited the Bhangarh fort in the last december but it was perfectly fine, though I roamed the place in the daylight. I did not have any negative vibes, to say the least.

And about the board, I could not spot it, nevertheless, the fort lies on the fringes of the Sariska national park [IIRC] and it is wise to stay away from the place since the area behind the fort is quite thick with trees and a tiger or other wild animal's presence cannot be ruled out.

And one of my local friends say it is just a myth created by the local tourist mafia which is being benefited by this gossips of 'Ghosts'and the teeming numbers of souring tourists.

[Again , a confession from a nonbeliever ]
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:07   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post

And one of my local friends say it is just a myth created by the local tourist mafia which is being benefited by this gossips of 'Ghosts'and the teeming numbers of souring tourists.
Had the ASI not been involved, I would have pretty much been sure that it is probably to provide some cover to shady business that might happen at night but since its a notice by the ASI I started thinking on it. Apart from the animals, I feel it also could be to stop anti social elements from making the fort their den for gambling and liquor consumption probably. I personally have strong feeling that it has not got anything to do with ghosts even remotely.
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:15   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Don't know which part of Pune is this incident from, but the turn-off for Talegaon (Dabhade) on the old NH4 was pretty infamous for such incidents.

I have lived in Talegaon myself and if you read through the pages you will find my experiences. Mostly my experiences have been in places which had some connection to violence (wars, suicides, accidents). I was a neutral person until the day I experienced something.
All of us and everything around us is energy at the end of the day, some in physical form and some not. At the end of it all energy must be transformed into something or the other, some are able to some are not.
What I have realized though is that such appearances are only for a matter for them to let us know that, they are there and for some of the fortunate few who are more open to outside energy to experience this communique.

Beyond this there is nothing more in terms of impact, most of the post experience trauma and behavioral change is mostly imaginary due to heightened fear as the person was not prepared to experience any of this.

Non-believers always have the urge to experience this communique maybe only to criticize it but then it can't be planned, I had no idea about it nor was I ever interested in looking for it as well. But the day it happens then there will be either a believer, a scared person or a hallucination

Cheers,
Trojan
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:19   #625
BHPian

Continued:

So 5 of us somehow managed to squeeze into the rickshaw and started moving. The fog was getting thicker, temperature was going down, and it was very dark, with dimly-lit streetlights far in between and barely managing to alight the road right beneath. Our fisheries friend was continuing with his narration about the various paranormal incidents that had happened in their now closed hostel. Suddenly, one of us, in a hushed voice, said - none of us has seen the face of this rickshaw walla, what was he doing at this time of night on this road? might be, he is also a ghost!! A deep chill went through our spine. We discussed, in hushed voices, that all this while, this guy have not spoken a single word, has not turned his face towards us, is pulling 5 of us alone and is not out of breath. Who is he?

collecting courage, one of us asked him - Bhaiya tum bho bhoot to nahi ho? (You are not a ghost, are you?). He didn't answered. After a dreadful pause, he finally spoke. Since you are telling stories about ghosts, let me tell you a real incident, which happened about 1 year back, right on this road, around the same time of the year. We didn't utter a single word. He was still pulling the rickshaw, and had still not turned and shown us his face. He was just talking without feeling strained. We were now really very very afraid.

So he narrated this incident as we were approaching the cremation area, which was just beside the road, about 6 ft lower than the road on the right side, with a single street light barely lighting the area:

You see this street light? 1 year back, this light was not working and people passing through this area complained about it to the electricity department. Two electricians went there, at around 11 PM. One named Ramlal and other bhole nath. Bhole nath climbed up the electricity pole, to change the bulb. Ramlal was standing beneath when he felt the urge to relieve himself off nature's call. So he went inside the nearby bushes on the other side of the road (on this side was crematory, so he avoided that). It so happened that another person, coincidently named ramlal himself, was passing by. Bhole nath, up on the pole, asked - "Ramlal zara plas fenkna" (ramlal, please throw me up the plier). The other ramlal passing by heard his name, looked around and saw noone. He got terribly spooked. Bhole nath, not getting any answer, yelled again in frustration "ramlal, mujhe yahan upar latka ke kahan chala gaya? maar daalunga tujhe" (ramlal, where have you gone, leaving me stranded up here, I will kill you). ramlal (the one passing by) died on the spot with a heart attack.

to be continued...
Old 23rd May 2017, 14:39   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
All of us and everything around us is energy at the end of the day, some in physical form and some not. At the end of it all energy must be transformed into something or the other, some are able to some are not.
What I have realized though is that such appearances are only for a matter for them to let us know that, they are there and for some of the fortunate few who are more open to outside energy to experience this communique.

Beyond this there is nothing more in terms of impact, most of the post experience trauma and behavioral change is mostly imaginary due to heightened fear as the person was not prepared to experience any of this.

Non-believers always have the urge to experience this communique maybe only to criticize it but then it can't be planned, I had no idea about it nor was I ever interested in looking for it as well. But the day it happens then there will be either a believer, a scared person or a hallucination
Apart from criticising, there is something very interesting for Non-Believers. How come the unexplained energy presents itself at night almost always, and only to helpless loners, never to a large group ? Universe certainly plans very well not to show such mysterious energy at specific times to specific persons etc, and such discrimination is very interesting to non believers.
Old 23rd May 2017, 15:06   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from criticising, there is something very interesting for Non-Believers. How come the unexplained energy presents itself at night almost always, and only to helpless loners, never to a large group ? Universe certainly plans very well not to show such mysterious energy at specific times to specific persons etc, and such discrimination is very interesting to non believers.
When you are alone, more so when one or more of the senses are suppressed (like sight during nights), the mind is more alert to inputs from other senses (even tries to over-compensate the suppressed sense of sight, hence we "see" strange floating figures...). Our mind start processing even mild inputs of sounds, touch (or rather feeling that something touched you) etc, which otherwise mind just shrugs aside. It is this state of alertness, in preparation to any untoward happenstance, to prepare for the "fight or flight mechanism" that we experience such spooky incidents.

Regarding encountering/seeing people long dead, I once saw a rather different take on it on NGC (or discovery channel, i don't exactly remember). It said something like this (as hypothesis):

We have infinite different worlds co-existing in this universe (multiverse hypothesis). In each of the worlds a different version of each of us exists. For each critical life decision we take, the worldlines split from that point afterwards, with both worlds having a different version of life after the decision. For example, at the point in life when you had to choose between your love and family, and you made a decision, your worldline splits into two - one where you choose love over family and one where you choose family over love; in each world, your life will tread a different path basis the repercussions of that decision that you made.

These worldlines often cross each other at some points. Like for an observer sitting inside a long tunnel, looking towards the far opening - if someone/something crosses through that opening from outside the tunnel, the person inside the tunnel would see it for a brief moment when it passes in front of the tunnel opening.

In one of the many worldlines, for example, my grandfather would/could be still alive, and I could see him if and when our worldlines cross.

interesting take, isn't it?
Old 23rd May 2017, 16:48   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
When you are alone, more so when one or more of the senses are suppressed (like sight during nights), the mind is more alert to inputs from other senses (even tries to over-compensate the suppressed sense of sight, hence we "see" strange floating figures...). Our mind start processing even mild inputs of sounds, touch (or rather feeling that something touched you) etc, which otherwise mind just shrugs aside. It is this state of alertness, in preparation to any untoward happenstance, to prepare for the "fight or flight mechanism" that we experience such spooky incidents.

interesting take, isn't it?
Certainly interesting ! If I understood this right, the suppressed sense of sight makes our mind over compensate and start seeing thing which are not actually there. Right ? The same way, any other sense which is not sensed at all during normal conditions is "sensed" during these special times, in preparation to some "untoward" thing about to happen.
So, the senses do not exist, the mind prepares you to create some senses out of nothing in anticipation of something bad about to happen ( which in layman terms is rumours about spooky places etc) and you end up with a spooky experience.
This is why every spooky experience is just that : a spooky experience created by mind out of the circumstances. The rumours of course have their own agenda.

Regarding the parallel universe thing, you have mentioned it yourself. Its a nice hypothesis. And works very well when you think only about yourself.
The easy assumption is who decides when the universe splits into two.
What is the difference between
a) you choosing between your parents and girlfriend
b) you choosing to put your right leg forward vs left leg forward while getting up from bed
for this vast universe ?
The hypothesis does not hold at all.
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:09   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Certainly interesting ! If I understood this right, the suppressed sense of sight makes our mind over compensate and start seeing thing which are not actually there. Right ? The same way, any other sense which is not sensed at all during normal conditions is "sensed" during these special times, in preparation to some "untoward" thing about to happen.
So, the senses do not exist, the mind prepares you to create some senses out of nothing in anticipation of something bad about to happen ( which in layman terms is rumours about spooky places etc) and you end up with a spooky experience.
This is why every spooky experience is just that : a spooky experience created by mind out of the circumstances. The rumours of course have their own agenda.
Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to say.

Quote:
Regarding the parallel universe thing, you have mentioned it yourself. Its a nice hypothesis. And works very well when you think only about yourself.
The easy assumption is who decides when the universe splits into two.
What is the difference between
a) you choosing between your parents and girlfriend
b) you choosing to put your right leg forward vs left leg forward while getting up from bed
for this vast universe ?
The hypothesis does not hold at all.
I am not a proponent of this hypothesis, it might be just an imagination. But the premise it builds on is this - this world is probabilistic. There are always choices available for us to choose, most of them are just sundry choices having no impact on your life. Like putting your left or right foot on ground first, when you wake up in the morning. But some choices, and their outcome, have a big impact on your life. One choice leading to one event and subsequently a chain of events which lead you to somewhere in your life. On the hindsight, these are the choices which makes you think - I would have been a different person/things would have been different had I chosen to do/not to do that in past.

This hypothesis has a precedent in puranas as well. There is a story of a lady whose husband died while saving her from drowning. She preyed to god persuasively till god had to come in front of her. She demanded god to bring her husband back to life, and that she was willing to die for him to live (as she was the reason , in a way, of her death as he would not have died if she had not insisted on going in the river). The god reasoned that the cycle of life and death is just an illusion, and showed her another world where her husband is alive and she is dead, and another one where both are alive, and another one where both are dead. And made her to make peace with her guilt

Last edited by Nav-i-gator : 23rd May 2017 at 17:12.
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:19   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post

I am not a proponent of this hypothesis, it might be just an imagination. But the premise it builds on is this - this world is probabilistic. There are always choices available for us to choose, most of them are just sundry choices having no impact on your life. Like putting your left or right foot on ground first, when you wake up in the morning. But some choices, and their outcome, have a big impact on your life. One choice leading to one event and subsequently a chain of events which lead you to somewhere in your life. On the hindsight, these are the choices which makes you think - I would have been a different person/things would have been different had I chosen to do/not to do that in past.

This hypothesis has a precedent in puranas as well. There is a story of a lady whose husband died while saving her from drowning. She preyed to god persuasively till god had to come in front of her. She demanded god to bring her husband back to life, and that she was willing to die for him to live (as she was the reason , in a way, of her death as he would not have died if she had not insisted on going in the river). The god reasoned that the cycle of life and death is just an illusion, and showed her another world where her husband is alive and she is dead, and another one where both are alive, and another one where both are dead. And made her to make peace with her guilt
That the world is "probabilistic" is totally different from the world being part of a "multiverse". Yes there are thousands of choices that can change your life. And you may have been a different person if you had made a different choice in hindsight. But that has no connection to the statement that each time you take a choice, the universe splits.

Regarding the puranas, all I have to say is some people make songs, some people write poetry, some people paint, some people make stories. Its a remarkable skill, literature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks