Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 09:23   #691
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Thanks.Incident in the last two weeks include,

1. Presence of hairbands in the home which we never bought.
2. The box where in we keep the clips-bands-combs (Of my daughters) etc gets messy and it looks like some one searched inside it
Hi,

Is there any possibility of any rodents having access to the apartment, check for some droppings around corners, attic, AC ducts etc. These can also carry around stuff.
If the above is a negative then I strongly suggest setting up CCTV cameras, I understand it feels odd to have cameras around but you will get used to it.
But the important thing would be that you would then probably have footage to understand these better.

Cheers,
Trojan
Old 17th October 2017, 09:30   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Is there any possibility of any rodents having access to the apartment, check for some droppings around corners, attic, AC ducts etc. These can also carry around stuff.
But bringing in new bands and possibly keeping them with the existing bands ?
Old 17th October 2017, 09:33   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
But bringing in new bands and possibly keeping them with the existing bands ?
Possibly bringing stuff from other apartments, speculation for sure.
Here in India, I would ask my children first as they do get some stuff from their friends and vice versa when something goes missing.
Old 18th October 2017, 01:02   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2. The box where in we keep the clips-bands-combs (Of my daughters) etc gets messy and it looks like some one searched inside it
Interesting!
Like everyone said and its said earlier, rule out everything silly that can cause it.
CCTV may or may not help, may just catch the movement if you are really up against something. I'd suggest using infrared digital cameras (an xbox Kinect may also work ) or best is thermal imaging but that will cost a lot, if you are really interested finding things out, get a mel meter to see if there are changes in EMF, ambient temperature and couple other things (REM, SDD) that mel meter can give you. Take advise from friends and professional if needed, you and family may have highly influenced perspective at this point. Strengthening, psychic meditation will help irrespective of the scenario you're dealing with, would turn out to be a good calming exercise anyways even if we are not dealing with some kind of energy here. All the luck!
Edit: got a chance to find out the history of the property? I assume in US, they maintain good records and you may find something interesting, but don't start linking things without more than a few very strong evidences. Or as someone said, please move out, exploring these further may require efforts, energy, emotions from the family in the process.

Last edited by Ketan : 18th October 2017 at 01:06.
Old 18th October 2017, 05:23   #695
BHPian

Contact your leasing office and mention your findings. They may provide some past history about your apartment.
Also try to befriend some of the community maintenance guys or office staff from leasing office; they may provide some unofficial leads in the case.
Old 18th October 2017, 09:04   #696
BHPian

@Superleggera
There is no mechanism by which an amorphous entity can plan and shift objects from one place to another or purposefully rummage through objects. Please don’t ruin yours and family’s health and peace by entertaining supernatural reasons for ordinary phenomenon. Just put up a hidden camera which focuses on the accessories box. You will get a rational explanation for the phenomenon.

Last edited by rselva : 18th October 2017 at 09:06.
Old 18th October 2017, 11:13   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rselva View Post
@Superleggera
There is no mechanism by which an amorphous entity can plan and shift objects from one place to another or purposefully rummage through objects. Please don’t ruin yours and family’s health and peace by entertaining supernatural reasons for ordinary phenomenon. Just put up a hidden camera which focuses on the accessories box. You will get a rational explanation for the phenomenon.

couldn't agree more. don't let your imaginations run wild and ruin your personal life. see, anyone can type anything and it is you and your family members who have to suffer.

just life your live and enjoy your days. there are far more serious problems in life than missing hairbands.
Old 18th October 2017, 13:34   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Of course the residents. Evil also is born as a child, and only when it grows it can do considerable damage.
But the poem I listed should get rid of the thing pretty good.
How does the Evil get impacted when we resite this poem?
If the poem is so strong, then, why does the poem wait to be spelt by some affected party so that it can impact the evil? What I mean is, even without spelling the poem vocally, should it not impact the evil and put a stop to the actions?
Why the evil will stop its action when we recite the poem?

Very eager to know these. Please explain
Old 18th October 2017, 14:29   #699
Senior - BHPian

@Superleggera, is the spooky business still going on?

Being in a household with three females, it is only natural that the invasive entity is also a girl. This is because it's all imagination - either of all of them, or (more likely) of just one of them. You don't need a camera etc now; The easiest and the best tool to exorcise an unwanted otherworldly thing is something you may already have in your PC: the ubiquitous MS-Excel.

Do build a fact list spreadsheet. List all supernatural / unexplained stuff that your family has encountered so far in one row per incident. Enter your family members including you in columns. Put an X on those intersects where the incident was reported by those who felt/seen/complained it first. The excel sheet should make sense.

IF indeed it does make sense, just ask her what her problem is. Most probably she might want to return to India or the previous locality/town where you were located.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 18th October 2017 at 14:43.
Old 19th October 2017, 00:38   #700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
If the poem is so strong, then, why does the poem wait to be spelt by some affected party so that it can impact the evil? What I mean is, even without spelling the poem vocally, should it not impact the evil and put a stop to the actions?

What are words which are just written? Tell me if a page of a book is never opened, is the page even written? Is it Schrodinger's page?

So the poem does not exist till you recite it. And evil never stops its action, its willed.
If you have a soul made of hellfire with a will to bind any entity you do not need poems. Just like superman does not need a gun.
However if you do not, then you need this poem.

Think of it like a weapon in the hand of a weak person.
Old 19th October 2017, 09:10   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
....Being watched can be caused by too much EMF sensitivity or exposure to EMF at this new house, unshielded wiring, long exposure to electronics, fear cage exposure, ELF exposure etc.

Visual apparition may be caused by reflection, matrixing, mind playing tricks, pareidolia, apophenia etc.

This probably explains my experience. Thanks. Let me elaborate.

My short ordeal was about 7 odd yrs ago at a popular resort between Ooty and Coonoor. it is in a valley with a stream flowing by. It has beautiful well space out cottages along the stream and down the valley. Pretty spectacular.
by now I'm sure some may have already guessed what property I am talking about.

Wife and I planned a 3 day 2 night stay at this property. We thoroughly loved the place and enjoyed hiking around. night #1 was no problem. But then, night 2 is where the drama began. After dinner at one of the main cottages, we were walking downhill to our cottage and I started to get the feeling of being followed. looked back a few time to see nothing. I assumed it must've been some animals or rodents and ignored. However, after I crashed into bed, that same feeling came back. did a quick inspection of the Balcony, bathroom (it had a open to nature roof) and front door. Nothing. Blamed it on imagination and ignore again. This time, the creepiness of the feeling increase multi-fold. I felt like there were a lot of people watching me from over the wardrobes, behind the mirrors, over the nightstand, dresser etc.

Switched on all lights and did a quick check. Nothing again.
Wife woke up and got restless seeing me and we walked out to the reception uphill. Strange thing is, I got no such feelings walking uphill. At the reception, we explored option of shifting rooms but there were none other available. Enquired if there were any untoward incidents in that room or the property due to which I was facing what I was. None apparently. I didn't expect them to tell anyway.

Oh by the way, my wife felt none of what I felt. She only panicked seeing me be frantic.

With no solution, we walked back to our cottage with the hope that some fresh air would help me sleep well but then, the Creepy feeling of being watched kept increasing to a point of total discomfort.

We decided to get out of the room at the midnight hour and walked back to reception. However, nobody was there. We then went to our car where wife played Hanuman Chalisa and at some time, we did end up sleeping in the car.
That is the oddity. a Car - parked in the jungle was fine but the confines of a cottage was not. Next morning we checked out as early was we could and we drove back to Bangalore.

I've never had such a heightened experience after that but then, the memory remains. Once in a while when I take my dog out for a walk in the middle of the night, I do get the feeling but then, it never stays to a point of scaring me.

Thankfully I've not had any other para-normal experience.
Old 19th October 2017, 21:17   #702
BHPian

Many of us get scared when it gets dark because our parents tried to resist our restless naughtiness when we were babies/kids. I also get scared at nights, even at 31!!, but I know that in reality nothing exists and its an illusion by my mind. And I am more scared of muggers at night than ghosts. But the second anyone feels its not illusion and there is someone watching/talking to you and if he/she feels its damn happening, then its high time to get professional counselling. My brother studied his DM Neurology in Nimhans (The best neuro college in entire India) and he has seen all category of phobia and extra natural activities explained by thousands and the only treatment that has finally cured all the paranormal activities is, you know.. medication.
Old 20th October 2017, 00:35   #703
Distinguished - BHPian

The ultimate entertainment thread on TBHP. Beats cars. Hell it beats aircrafts too. Clarification - I have not had any paranormal experiences. Ghosts, sukshma sharir etc are explained in the Hindu religious texts in good detail - what they are and how they are caused, how to ward them off etc. So there is something out there but thus far has chosen to stay away from me. I do not discredit anyone else's experience though I do suspect that fear of the dark and the unknown/unseen is a major contributory factor. But let me share related experiences.

In 2006 we holidayed in east Assam beyond Jorhat. We stayed at an estate built in British times in the 1890s now converted to a guest house. The kids, then 9 to 16 years of age loved the vast grounds. It had a private graveyard of the owners/sahibs of the place going back about 100 years. On the second night to help my children experience fear and how to overcome it I took them in the pitch dark night for a walk through the grave yard. With the aid of a torch and the recitation of the Gayatri Mantra we did a deliberately normal walk of about 7 minutes (seemed like 30!!) I was scared no doubt. My youngest believed in me the most. The two older were terrified but went through it. I forced them to stop and look back to conquer their fears. Of course once we were back into the building there were yelps of joy and bravery and many a tale to narrate to their mother and the others. To this day my now grown up children recall the experience with alacrity and as something seminal.

Cut to 1972. Location - Allahabad. My uncle an avid dog lover losses his 8 month old half grown dog. I am there on summer vacation. He was one tough army codger who fought in WW2, in Kashmir 1948, in Ladakh in 1962, in Poonch in 1965 and Chambb in 1971!! We could hear the dog wailing in an old British cemetery located about 800 metres from his house. Time is a little past 9PM. Uncle announces that he is going to collect his pup and my cousin & me (aged 14 and 12) will accompany him because he needs to make a man out of us and he needs to be back to hear the 10PM news on All India Radio! In those days I dared not say no to my elders. Period. Well both of us went scared to death, teeth literally chattering (despite it being summer). Damn mutt. Found the dog and brought it home. I am grateful I did not soil my pyjamas.

Point is we should look our fears in the eye and snarl at them. I did to my kids what my father's elder brother did to me.

In my twenties my job required me to tour Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh by road constantly. A lot of that driving was done at night in the 7PM to 12 midnight time zone. Roads in those states in the 1980s had sparse traffic, some jungles and rarely any lighting. For road and dacoit safety reasons the employer required us to travel in pairs. While I do not question the experience of others in 3 years and countless night trips, in an old jeep, I never encountered anything in reality or in my mind through some very lonely stretches. In fact the local wisdom cautioned us from getting off at jungle stretches to ease ourselves on the side as a lurking animal may decide to lunge at you - that I was scared of - damage to the vitals.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 20th October 2017 at 00:57.
Old 20th October 2017, 04:28   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
<>

Poem/Mantra has got capacity to impact/influence Human EMF and Aura and in turn giving your a stronger EMF/Aura than that of other energies. There can be and are better ways to strengthen your EMF/Auras than using these mantras and one may prefer them (meditation). This is just my opinion and may be wrong.
Old 7th November 2017, 04:09   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@Superleggera, any update you want to share around this! I'm just wondering if you continue to see the incidents happening around, or have they stopped or have decided to move out of the property!

Most Viewed