Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2019, 12:19   #751
BANNED

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
......Yet you doubt its power?
Not at all, I'm with you on this! In fact I continue to believe in its power to change physical reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
.........You think therefore you are
This Cartesian line has been quoted ad infinitum in various contexts - but to buttress the thought that physical manifestations are possible with the necessary degree of belief - now that's a first! And Descartes, a hard nosed materialist, would probably turn over in his grave!
Old 17th October 2019, 20:29   #752
BHPian

It seems no spooky experiences for anyone in the recent times!
It's off-season I guess!
Old 17th October 2019, 23:34   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladRagu View Post
It seems no spooky experiences for anyone in the recent times!
It's off-season I guess!
As long as you're busy, it's hard to go through such experiences. Hope to hear some soon.
Also, Kali Chaudash/naraka chaudashi is close, it's the time around which barrier between living and dead is very thin, an opportunity for few into occult practices!
Old 10th January 2020, 22:37   #754
Senior - BHPian

Yea, the thread has been in hibernation for quite a long while. So let me kickstart the action with one of the several spooky incidents I have experienced. This is not a very scary incident though...

Way back in 2003, we were visiting my cousin's place in Vellore and returning back to Chennai in our rental Qualis. As the whole family was travelling, me and my sister had to take the last row seats (facing each other) along with the luggage. Music was on, but we were pretty bored and were looking out through the rear windshield at random cars passing by. An imported Toyota sedan came up fast, and I got very enthusiastic and I tapped my sister and showed her the car. She did not realize what was special about that car, for me to get so excited about it. I told her that it was not on sale in India, and that they probably should have imported it from some foreign country and that it would be really powerful (compared to the Corsas, Palios and Ikons we had those days) she did not seem very impressed though. I then told her spares would be extremely difficult to come by for a car like that. And I don't know why, of the whole car I took the car's windshield as an example and told "Let's say, the windshield gets broken, you would not get it here very easily!" and at that very moment, the front windshield of that car shattered to pieces right in front of our eyes

It was a perfectly normal sunny day, very smooth roads, no external impact, and surreal timing for it to shatter!

My sister shrieked and shook the entire family, which had almost dozed-off after a heavy lunch. After knowing what had happened, everyone was just too astonished, but nobody could explain that event scientifically in a convincing way after that.
aravind.anand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 16:37   #755
Senior - BHPian

Maybe it was a small sharp stone from your own card tyre which would not be easily seen
Old 11th January 2020, 18:22   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Maybe it was a small sharp stone from your own card tyre which would not be easily seen
Possible, but I have never come across windshields bursting incidents like that at all - even till date that remains the only incident.

And, the exact timing of that incident was what shook all of us. Strange, strange coincidence!
Old 13th January 2020, 14:54   #757
BHPian

Recently moved into a new place and for the first few nights heard dogs howling quite a few times in the night.

At first I thought that maybe its owner left it alone or some other reason and hence I ignored it. But this happens every night and I used to get rudely woken up. So I got to know that there are 2 exact times when this happens.

Midnight and again around 02.30am. One dog begins to howl and s/he is soon joined by a horde of others. But they stop after say one minute of howling.

So I discussed this with a neighbor. According to him, there is a roaming aatma which visits every night and the dogs howl to make everyone aware. He also said that as soon as the dogs begin howling he begins chanting some mantras which makes the aatma go away.

Well, aatma or not I have to now adjust to the sudden bursts of howling twice each night.
Old 13th January 2020, 16:01   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
So I discussed this with a neighbor. According to him, there is a roaming aatma which visits every night and the dogs howl to make everyone aware. He also said that as soon as the dogs begin howling he begins chanting some mantras which makes the aatma go away.
As taken from WIKIPEDIA
Quote:
STREE KAL AANA
"Nale Ba or Naale Baa (English: "come tomorrow") is a popular folk legend which features prominently in areas across Karnataka. "Naale Baa" has been found written on walls of small towns and villages (Rural Bangalore) for years now. Villagers write this on walls to deter the entry of malevolent spirit into their homes. In some variations of the myth, the spirit is believed to be a bridal ghost who roams around the town in search of her husband. She is known to take away the man of the house who is often the sole earning member of the family, therefore, bringing bad luck to the entire household.

Naale Baa was an urban legend that went viral during the 1990s in Karnataka. The myth goes "a witch roams the streets in the night and knocks the door. The witch apparently speaks in voices of your kin so you would be deceived to open the door. If you open it then you will die." So the residents came up with a smart idea of writing "Naale Baa" outside the doors and the walls of their house. So when the ghost reads it and it goes back to come again the next day and the cycle repeats.

>>>>
There was a renewed interest in her legend after reports of similar instances occurred same in a village in Thailand, wherein healthy young men began to disappear right under their beds in the night.
If I have ever had haunted feeling, it was while standing in gas chambers of Auschwitz Camp.

OWN EXPERIENCE:
People had felt PRESENCE in the engine-room of this particular cargo ship but no one was ever harmed. In fact many a times, duty personnel had been forced 'BY HABIT' to go and check on something which could have gone bad, if not checked.

On that particular day, we were assisting engine staff to move a heavy machinery from deck to engine-room. The machinery was lifted & moved using chain blocks hung on pulley channel. As it reached the entrance of engine-room, the machine got stuck. Despite checking everything, the machine would not budge. Engineers checked, double-checked but could not figure out anything. By that time, it was lunchtime & the duty engineer who use to keep 1200-1600 & (0000-0400) watch, came for taking over his duty.
When we told him about the stuck machine, he smiled and told us to go for lunch and come back after lunchtime, which is of one hour (1200-1330 local ship time) on ships.
The machine was visible from our duty mess and we saw that the duty engineer, left the machine unattended and went to ER.
Anyway, we retuned to move the machine after our lunchtime was over. Lo & behold, machine moved with slightest effort. Within 45 minutes, we were done in moving, lowering & placing the machine at desired level in the engine-room.
Since ER's are hot we all hoarded to control-room, which is the only AC area in ER. Here the Duty Engineer informed us that he has had many a close encouters with "PRESENCE" and whatever that is; it has kept the engine room safe. As per him the "PRESENCE" does not let anything enter ER, till it is SATISFIED.
Though bemusing to hear but I had my body hair spiking through my boiler suits. I never again stepped into ER, till my contract was over.

Regards-SS
Old 13th January 2020, 18:07   #759
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Recently moved into a new place and for the first few nights heard dogs howling quite a few times in the night.
Wow. Looks like it's an universal thing. I experience the same thing atleast 3 times every week. For me, it's exactly at 3.15 am when a group of dogs starts howling. I always wonder how they manage to do this at the right time. Unfortunately for me this continues for atleast 30 mins.
Old 13th January 2020, 20:11   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Wow. Looks like it's an universal thing. I experience the same thing atleast 3 times every week. For me, it's exactly at 3.15 am when a group of dogs starts howling. I always wonder how they manage to do this at the right time. Unfortunately for me this continues for atleast 30 mins.
3:15 am is known as "Witching hour" or the hour of devil - a time associated with supernatural elements.

Link

Interestingly the article mentions:

Quote:
Psychological literature suggests that apparitional experiences and sensed presences are most common between the hours of 2 and 4 a.m., corresponding with a 3 a.m. peak in the amount of melatonin in the body.
but does not have any mention of animal behavior

Another link

Link_2.
Old 13th January 2020, 21:39   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Well, aatma or not I have to now adjust to the sudden bursts of howling twice each night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
3:15 am is known as "Witching hour" or the hour of devil - a time associated with supernatural elements
luvdriving same thing happened to me when I shifted to a new flat and quite eerily I used to wake up around 3:15 am which was quite weird for me as it is quite difficult to disturb my sleep. I shared the same with our family pandit and he said it could be simply vaastu of the house and I hung pictures of Hanuman ji where he had suggested and I was able to sleep without any disturbance but always had a weird feeling and one day my younger sister told me about the false back in my cupboard as she was looking for something and she insisted I open it and check, honestly I had noticed it when we were shifting but had completely forgotten due to shifting work and studies, I was hesitant to open it but she persisted and I wedged a screwdriver to open it and I was to see what was lying behind. There were was a photo of a person, his medicines most probably, a chunni and sindoor all over it inside a polybag and some other stuff which I don't remember right now and carefully with gloves I picked it and threw it at a nearby garbage can and that eery or weird feeling has gone.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 22:02   #762
BHPian

I have a very weird experience to share.

We had a computer table, a bed and a shelf made in 2001. Wherever we kept the computer table, there were weird holes in the concrete(not the wood, mind you). We had the shelf treated with anti termite, anti borer stuff, painted and lacquered but there used to be very weird holes in whatever room we moved the table to but...but there was no issue with the bed, nor the shelf. We got the holes fixed but they used to pop Up in a different location in the same room where the table was kept.

Funnily, all three were made with the same batch of plywood and our dog never used to go near the computer table.

We threw away the table in 2010. Since then, there has been no weird holes on our wall.

I am still puzzled to this day
Manoj2268 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 00:02   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
.... An imported Toyota sedan came up fast, ..... the front windshield of that car shattered to pieces right in front of our eyes
Even as early as 1994, cars such as Esteem came with laminated windshields and by 2003, many cars (Palios, Santros etc) all had laminated windshield.

Strange that this Toyota did not come with a laminated windshield, must have been a very old/outdated car even for its times.

A non laminated windshield is designed to shatter into small pieces on impact, in this case a stone chip flung from either your vehicle or another heavy vehicle's tyres onto it must have shattered it.
Old 14th January 2020, 01:01   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Night duty watchman or road mending labourer group
Rag picker
Guy heading back from a night shift

Dogs love such breaks in their monotonous life. And they’re descended from wolves means they do the exact same thing wolves do - a group howl. Call it a social bonding ritual.
Old 14th January 2020, 08:18   #765
BHPian

My father who used to live in a Bungalow in Kerala where his entire plot had boundary walls, he lived there alone and had a second generation Doberman with him, a person used to come to cook and clean, He fell ill all of a sudden and had to be taken to a hospital at the dead of the night, people had to jump over the walls to get to him, my dog was inside his kennel at that time, he was not friendly with anyone.

My father was in the ICU for a month, where he passed, we bought him home, where he was cremated in our property. All this while I used to wonder, how will my dog know what happened to my father, he was in the kennel when we brought his body for cremation.

Post that we had to lock the house, as we don't stay there, employed a watchman to take care of the dog, whenever we used to come, we clean the house, my dog always followed me inside the house, he loved going to the terrace, but never once would he enter my fathers room, whose window overlooked the porch, where my dog will always come when my father used to call for him.

Few times he has barked once or twice, but never even by pushing I could make him get inside that room. He passed last month a day after my father's 10th death anniversary.

The above is not spooky but there was one incident, the first ever instance where I was really spooked, we had booked an OYO room in Bangalore, we were 3 ladies, me and my toddler. The rooms were not ready by the time we came, they somehow hastily arranged one room for us, as soon as we went in my kid started crying, not a crybaby usually, but this time the crying was continuous, very unusual, after some time, we got the other room, the other family members moved to the other room, while me and my family stayed back, we decided to give the toddler a bath, so we closed the main door and started preparing.

The layout is like this, you open the door and go in some 3 metres, there is a door on the right to the bathroom, and then if you walk a meter more from the bathroom entrance, there is a window. the bed is on the left when we enter.

We were giving the toddler a bath, that I noticed from the corner of my eye something cross the bathroom door and go towards the window, my first reaction was anger, as how can someone dare come inside the room without permission, that too when we are giving a bath to the kid, I got so angry that I immediately rushed to ask, how dare you come inside, only to see no one there, all the hairs on my body were standing, I cannot describe the feeling at all, I have never felt something like this, strangely the hotel guys came and also offered as a room near to the other room, which was on a lower floor we were very spooked that day and changed the room, once we changed the room, we were relieved as the crying stopped.

Even now, while typing this all the hairs on my arms are up!! same happens whenever I narrate this incident to anyone.
aspire is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks