Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:46   #46

I myself was shocked to see me in the ghost avatar.
Even now i don't dare to see that pic at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
Well if my roomie was a member here..He'd have a really bad story to say...

one day me and my gf were chatting on yahoo through the webcam.. i just thought she looked nice on the comp screen and took a screenshot. then just blurred it using some low key image editinf s/ware and brightened it.

A pank came into my mind. I just renamed the pic as DSC123.. of the last serial no of the pic in my roomie camera and cut and pasted that into his memmory stick in the camera. without him knowing..

next time when he downloaded the pics... the got a big shock and he tells to everybody how a ghost took a pic of herself using his cam..

I'm attaching the pic below... sure the pic is really spooky..

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd April 2008 at 22:48. Reason: Excessive dotting & all bold removed.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:43   #47
BHPian

I have two incidents to narrate.

Our hostel was built on graveyard. And since the space was a constraint, they made the new hostel quite far off. Now during exams time, all the purchis are made a day before and the study used to go till early morning. To reach the new hostel, where my friends used to stay, we were forced to walk thru the grave yard. Once I saw a white creature standing on two feet. Couldn't discuss it with my friends about it .

One during vacation, myself and my friend stayed back in the hostel, only two persons in a coridor of 25 rooms. One night I could feel someone come into my room, sitiing down and I was talking to it, I was fully conscious during the whole time and after a long discussion, went to sleep after saying goodnight to my unkown freind. Thinking about it, the hair on my hands are already standing !

I do know the people who perform "real black magic " and it does work. Many incidents to narate

The way I think is the world is bi-polar. Meaning for everything positive, theres always negative. Man - Woman, Positive - Negative, God -Ghost. If one believes in the existance of god, then ghosts can be believed to be in existance. Its purely my personal view.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
about driving incidences, not mine but heard from so many folks in assam, there indeed are occurences of people seeing a lady or boy blocking a bridge or hearing whistles coming from behind while taking a tricky turn, people would look back and eventually drive off the road.. sometimes people would see very very tall people standing by the road at night, idea is to drive by without stopping or looking. then again there's one lass in front of one of my close friend's house who would ride any passing bike for about 200 metres and then vanish.. all the local guys returning home late will sit as far back as possible on the bike, looks funny people almost sleeping on the tank while driving, asked around why that style and came to know of this.
These are just stories created by some people just to scare others.I've heard many similar stories back home but doubt if any of them are true.

About Surprise's nightmare it's quite common, mostly due to exhaustion/fear in subconscious mind etc. I've experienced the same sometime(getting strangled) and found out that many people experience the same and sometimes it comes out as ghost stories.
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:19   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire View Post
on my way a chak came started begging..touched my head..i dont know what happened to me...i was feeling as if im going to faint...eyes started shutting, head became numb...trust me my head was becoming numb and was going on getting those currrents...removed a 10 bucks note and gave it to him/hher...IT...gave 10 bucks to it and then it left...
Dadu, The chak is madly in love with you and wanted to get naughty. Instead you hand over 10 bucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
how we spooked others ---
Dude, that was a hilarious prank. I can imagine how funny it would have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
This is one of the best prank i ever heard of. Making ghost out of your gf
ROFL. So Jomz how different is it dating a ghost?
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Ghost on a bike????

My experience with so-called ghosts involves my wifey too! During our last visit to Kerala, we had visited Cochin and was driving back to Trivandrum. The time was around 1am and we had crossed Quilon and was on NH 47. My wifey was sitting beside me and we were chatting about something. We were not sleepy and were alert!

Suddenly wifey shouted at me to slow down. She had seen a bike going ahead of us and a lady wearing a white saree, was ridding pillion. I got the shock of my life seeing her wild reaction and braked hard!

I could not see anything on the road, but I had a feeling that I saw something white from the corner of my eye!!! We were really scared after this incident!!!

Wifey still remembers this incident and from her reaction that night, I am sure she was seeing what she told!!
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:12   #51
Team-BHP Support

I used to be a normal guy.
Then I came across a website.

completly bewitched by it.
now my dreams revolve around open roads and the blue sky.
nightmares on what caused that slight hum over the engine music as the rev crossed the red line.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
About Surprise's nightmare it's quite common, mostly due to exhaustion/fear in subconscious mind etc. I've experienced the same sometime(getting strangled) and found out that many people experience the same and sometimes it comes out as ghost stories.
Felt that a few times.
Tried to read about it, but could not come with proper keywords to google it. As mentioned, in this thread, Incubus and REM keywords did the trick for getting an explanation for this:

The Incubus

Quote:
Incubus and REM
Characteristics of REM respiration include shallow rapid breathing, hypoxia, hypercapnia, and occlusion of airways (Douglas, 1994). Both tidal volume and breathing rate are quite variable during REM, and because of paralysis of the major anti-gravity muscles, thoracic contribution to breathing is lower during REM than during NREM sleep (Douglas, 1994). Moreover, because individuals are conscious during SP they may sometimes attempt to breathe deeply when tidal volume decreases, just as they attempt other voluntary movements. When they find their attempts to control breathing volume and rate are unsuccessful, they will feel a sense of resistance possibly interpreted as pressure. This is consistent with the finding that the pressure on the chest is positively associated with perceived breathing problems (Cheyne, Newby-Clarke, & Rueffer, 1999; Cheyne, Rueffer, & Newby Clark, 1999). In addition, increased airflow resistance because of hypotonia of the upper airway muscles and constriction of the airways would result in feelings of choking and suffocation leading to panic and strenuous efforts to overcome the paralysis. This sequence of events is consistent with a report by Hobson, Goldfrank, & Snyder (1965) of a dream immediately following apneic respiration during REM in which the dreamer reported being choked in a dream play. Finally, because of the paralysis, the absence of dampening proprioceptive feedback following execution of motor programs associated with struggle may further lead to painful spasms (Ramachandran, Rogers-Ramachandran, & Cobb, 1995). In summary, we suggest that the incubus experience results from a cascading series of events initiated by complex respiratory conditions leading to experiences of thoracic pressure, choking, and physical assault with associated pain.
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:48   #53
BHPian

Quote:
These are just stories created by some people just to scare others.I've heard many similar stories back home but doubt if any of them are true.
maybe stories, but ain't gonna push my luck too far.. :-)

these things are far too prevalent in the part of the country where i come from, so not vouching for anything but i do tend to be careful
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:16   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
maybe stories, but ain't gonna push my luck too far.. :-)

these things are far too prevalent in the part of the country where i come from, so not vouching for anything but i do tend to be careful
Actually I'm also from that same part of the country, the land of Red river ,Blue hills and the Greenest Valley ;-) I've also grown up hearing stories about Mayang's black magic and different other ghost stories and luckily never encountered any.You must have heard about ghost stories of Naambar forest, once during college days we crossed that road and were all ears and eyes open but the ghost decided to take a break a that day
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Some more Gyaan, its from WikiPedia, so take it with a pinch of salt:

Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 22nd April 2008, 21:13   #56
A.R
BHPian

What a thread!

Is 'White' the official costume color for ghosts?
Why do we often hear about female ghosts & hardly about male ghosts? Yahan bhi partiality .. hehe
Ghosts are often seen in sunsaan roads, college hostels (why are these always built upon/near kabristans?)
There always is one chai /petty shop on a god forbidden place/street, with a strange looking shopkeeper.

So these are 'constants' used in 'variable' stories. Sounds good!
Old 22nd April 2008, 21:52   #57
BHPian

Quote:
You must have heard about ghost stories of Naambar forest, once during college days we crossed that road and were all ears and eyes open but the ghost decided to take a break a that day
that's good to know kaushik, takes me back to the old days.
yeah, have roamed in that forest pretty much, courtesy a then dfo uncle of mine. no ghost stories but sure i can narrate the story of the toll collecting wild elephants on the national highway, come across them?

and yes, to explain the white cloaks and stuff, any self-respecting ghost would feel ashamed coming out without clothes right, so that justifies it.. hehe just on a lighter note guys!

do read about thlen and mayang on the net, interesting stuff. and then again there are diseases getting cured overnight, i have experienced the jaundice cure myself, no remedy in modern allopathy to speak of, takes its own sweet time at best.
add to it the april pooja of the tea garden labourers where random people are chosen and are pierced with big hooks on their body and rotated with a pole and a rope attaching the pole and the hook, no pain and not a single drop of blood i was amazed to witness; again there are the damsels dancing on the sharp and i mean sharp edge of the heavy swords used to make animal sacrifices to the gods, again without cutting their delicate feet, we must be lagging behind in science class pretty bad!

the above things are to witness in person, believe or not is a personal choice, but just for the sake of seeing itself with one's own eyes, totally unexplained to me till this day.
cheers!
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:50   #58
BHPian

I personally have not encountered a ghost. But some acts still puzzle me, which the scientist fraternity shy away from explaining.

If an individual sees a ghostly figure or hears some noise, they blame it on stress. Agreed. But what if more than one goes through the same experience? Does it mean both of them are under the same stress level? - I disagree

How do they explain benches books etc disobey the laws of gravity and fly?
If its a trick how can a magician/tantric do the trick without he being there and more than one person experiences it from different angles? - Defies explanation

People getting possessed and talk in a completely different pitch which the person never can or never had imitated. No scientist has ever replicated this and shown. Also I hate TV channels in this aspect. They always claim these possessions and witchcraft are tricks , but have they really tried to get deeper into the subject? No!
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:59   #59
BHPian

Hey guys, just my 2 cents to this wonderful and scary thread.

Me along with quite a few friends of mine in a convoy of 3 cars, were in goa. We stayed down south goa in a friends bunglow. Time is somewhere between 2-3 am. The 3 cars were headed back to the bunglow from 'Carevella'. The bunglow was pretty far away and it does take a while to get there. Outta no where my friend driving one of the cars, gets this idea of taking a shortcut to reach faster. Now i dunno the roads of goa and wasnt driving since i had a few drinks that day but was no where close to drunk. Plus out of 4 people in the car excluding me, 2 people are completely sloshed. Altough my friend has been through this road many a times, he has never gone through it at night. The car had a pretty good ICE, and all of you guys know that even if a car stalls, the ICE still remains on.
Now as we go along, suddenly the car just goes dead. I mean ICE, engine everything. Its completely DEAD!!! At nearly 3 am, in the middle of no where were stuck. Tried to start her up a few time's but to no avail. Friend decides to check out the engine. Meanwhile I decide to go take a P**. There are lots of bushes and low lying grass covering the ground n thats where I start to see a girl dressed in white, hair covering her face walking towards me. Now where in the world is a girl gonna land in such a place at 3 am!!! I ran towards the car and tell my friend what happened, he took could see her, which proves me not being drunk. I tell him not to tell the girls at the back as they spooked easily anyways. I decide to give the car a push start and tell my friend to just floor it the moment the car starts. With a prayer i start to push and my friend try's to get the car started. With luck or whatever you wanna call it, the car starts somehow and i just jump into the front window of the moving car and tell him to BHAGAO us the hell outta there.

That till date has been the most scariest experiency of my life. The next day i went to nearly all the churches in the area.
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:06   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
Is 'White' the official costume color for ghosts?
Yup. If it's white it's a ghost. Or the Wendell Rodricks summer collection.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed