Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2015, 12:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: PCC - Police Clearance Certificate

After the Superintendent of Police office uploaded the verification document, the status on the website read like this:
PCC application granted on 23/03/2015. Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to SP Office, Bengaluru Rural. After 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at Regional Passport Office, PCC needs to be collected from the Passport Seva Kendra where you applied. You would receive an e-mail/sms once the PCC is ready for collection.

I couldn't figure out what it meant. So, I went to PSK today (3 days after SP office updated the document). And they gave me the PCC.

One thing is clear to me: the status shown on the website may not really correspond to real status. Best thing to do is, go to PSK and check.
Old 25th November 2015, 19:27   #32
BHPian

I stay in Pune and applied for a PCC on 20th Oct in PSK, Pune for an official travel to Brazil, my passport is issued from Hyderabad. After verification at local police station the docs were sent to SP office at pashan Road(as my area of residence was under Rural police station). This happened after a lot of follow up and 2weeks of time.
With the festive season coming in between, no progress from the SP office happened and when i went there last week, the officer was supportive enough to send the docs the same day to Passport office (atleast that's what he mentioned) and asked me to visit the Passport office at SB Marg after a couple of days.
On first instance, the guy @enquiry asked me to come back after few days as they did not receive the hard copy of the documents(which the officer mentioned were sent and would have to be scanned and uploaded by the passport officials, which they did not appear to have done). I went again on last Friday, where the guy @enquiry let me inside the Office with a signature and Counter number on my Acknowledgement receipt. I was happy enough with a hope that I would receive the PCC, as i was being let in, which actually wasn't the case.
I had to wait for my turn,which took close to 4hrs, and the very "respectful" lady at the counter was delighted to say that she can't see my application and asked me to check with the guys at SP office. I called the guy immediately and mentioned my situation. He was surprised to hear and said that my docs may not have been scanned and uploaded yet. He suggested me to go this week again.

The whole experience with the govt. employees has been bad, utter negligence and carelessness is what I can mention, though there are good, kind and humble officers. I was so fed up that I applied again for a PCC from Hyderabad and got it immediately(since my passport was from Hyd).

PS: If you are looking for a PCC, do apply from where your passport was issued, Unless you have nobody staying at the address mentioned in your passport.
Old 25th November 2015, 19:58   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
f you are looking for a PCC, do apply from where your passport was issued, Unless you have nobody staying at the address mentioned in your passport
If I recollect correctly , in case Passport is not very old ( perhaps 2-3 Years ) then PCC is issued by Passport office , you need to carry original Passport - it should be issued same day - they don't wait for any report from Police , unless there has been some recent changes .
Old 26th November 2015, 10:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If I recollect correctly , in case Passport is not very old ( perhaps 2-3 Years ) then PCC is issued by Passport office , you need to carry original Passport - it should be issued same day - they don't wait for any report from Police , unless there has been some recent changes .
I'm really not sure about the time frame you mentioned bro. I wish they could just have a track of the criminal database,if any, common across states. That would definitely save all the time consumed for police verification. May be they thought, we'd realize the value of a piece of paper when we do all this follow up.
Old 28th January 2016, 19:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Wow, this forum has a thread for EVERYTHING

I see that there is an option to get the PCC through the Passport Office. There is a form you can fill in offline, approach the Passport Office with relevant documents and get the PCC. Anyone done this recently? My current address is different from the one on my passport. Can this PCC be used for Immigration purposes?
Old 28th January 2016, 19:50   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Wow, this forum has a thread for EVERYTHING

I see that there is an option to get the PCC through the Passport Office. There is a form you can fill in offline, approach the Passport Office with relevant documents and get the PCC. Anyone done this recently? My current address is different from the one on my passport. Can this PCC be used for Immigration purposes?
Yes this PCC can be used for Immigration. Not sure about the address part.
Old 28th January 2016, 20:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
Yes this PCC can be used for Immigration. Not sure about the address part.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, sadly, my current address is different - just 2 streets apart though
Old 28th January 2016, 20:21   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I see that there is an option to get the PCC through the Passport Office. There is a form you can fill in offline, approach the Passport Office with relevant documents and get the PCC. Anyone done this recently?
Yes this is preferred for immigration , have done this personal couple of years back . You will probably first need to get address changed on your passport and then apply , if your old address is on immigration documents better keep as it is , just ensure someone can forward post to you.
Old 29th January 2016, 17:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes this is preferred for immigration , have done this personal couple of years back . You will probably first need to get address changed on your passport and then apply , if your old address is on immigration documents better keep as it is , just ensure someone can forward post to you.
Thanks for the confirmation. I will check on what to do about the addresses being different though.
Old 15th February 2021, 12:16   #40
BHPian

I applied for passport renewal. Things were smooth at the PSK as all the documents were in place.with passport being granted on pre police verification basis. I was ok with it. The experience at the local police station Wadala Truck Terminal was not so smooth though. I was of the opinion that PSK would need more documents and address proofs. But, looks like the local police station needs more proofs than what the PSK wants. Had to visit multiple times to submit them all. Looked like they were deliberately trying to impede the progress expecting bribes. He asks me to get a Society Residence Certificate if my rent agreement is not available. So, i got it stating that I stay at this address from so and so duration and that this is being issued for passport purposes. After i get this done he mentions that it would have been nice had i included that the rent agreement was not made because of covid or whatever. He simple tells i'll send it ahead to CID office for verification; if things don't work out i am not responsible.They didn't seem like cops too with no uniforms. Looked like contract or outsourced staff to do this clerical, document collection, verification job.

Also, felt this visiting police station was a futile exercise and is being done to increase interaction with them to get more avenues for bribes. Read up on the PSK site or somewhere that they visit your address after confirming an appointment with you by calling on mobile number in passport application form. Visit home address, cross check with neighbors, ask you to submit your documents and done.

Lets see what happens else i am willing to escalate this through MEA, RPO, PSK, DCP, CID offices. There's a provision on passport seva site to register a grievance against a police officer. But, these people i dealt with didn't seem like cops too.

Last edited by bharatbits : 15th February 2021 at 12:24.
bharatbits is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks