Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 22:42   #1
BHPian

Obama is now a master of tae kwon do, with 0 years practice

Guys, Breaking News. Obama is now Black Belt with 0 years practice.
After Nobel Prize, Black Belt, Next What? Bharat Ratna Award.

"This has gone too far. First President Obama gets the Nobel Peace Prize “without actually producing any peace,” writes Andrew Malcolm. Now the South Korean president has awarded him a black belt in tae kwon do “after zero long years of study. What would Chuck Norris do?” Malcolm wonders in a blog post. “Probably bow. But never as low as Obama bowed for Japan's emperor last weekend.”

Source: Latest Undeserved Honor: Black Belt - Obama is now a master of tae kwon do, with 0 years practice

You can google it. There are so many Sites / Blogs discussing this news.
Attached Images

Old 20th November 2009, 23:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

After so many years of 'Bush'ing around, people all around just seems to be so happy that they are giving the next guys whatever they can, as a sign of thanks (regardless of if he is worth it or not)!
Old 20th November 2009, 23:11   #3
BHPian

For economic aid to the US , China can now have a say in South Asian affairs, read Indo-Pak. Way to go!
Old 20th November 2009, 23:27   #4
Team-BHP Support

Well, in this times when 10 year olds are given black belts, why not Obama? At least he heads the most powerful military force in the world.
Old 21st November 2009, 00:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Why not? F1 and airline magnate Vijay Mallya is a Doctor.
Old 21st November 2009, 02:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Beats invading helpless countries full of oil, eh? Atleast all this PR bullcrap will keep him busy travelling to foreign countries to receive awards that he doesn't have time to do more damage than what has already been done by his predecessor.
Old 21st November 2009, 05:10   #7
BHPian

So you're saying the US "invaded helpless countries full of oil"?

Know the facts before you speak, I always say. FYI: The United States does not purchase any oil from Iraq. It's been this way for a very long time.
Old 21st November 2009, 06:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1go View Post
Know the facts before you speak, I always say. FYI: The United States does not purchase any oil from Iraq. It's been this way for a very long time.
Not for a long time.

From the United States government : U.S. Total Crude Oil and Products Imports

Also, the US has been buying oil from Iraq for over 10 years.

This is very off-topic though.

Last edited by v1p3r : 21st November 2009 at 06:40.
Old 21st November 2009, 08:28   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the best instances of how it is not a fair world.
Old 21st November 2009, 12:23   #10
BHPian

That is OPEC imports - the US does not control, nor does not say which countries are exporting through OPEC. Look at the non-OPEC part of that list, and Iraq is not there. As you know, OPEC is a single entity that governs the export of oil, it's not a negotiation among countries as to who provides it.

Oil prices have only gone up since that country was overthrown, not down - and the countries benefiting are those are in OPEC - including Iraq. If you study that link you posted, you'll see that Iraq's OPEC contributions to the US have not increased at all as a result of the war.

I don't want to take this thread off-topic, but if anyone thinks that the US invaded Iraq simply for its oil, that's liberal brainwashing garbage, especially in that the US actually exports oil as well. The US could very easily have finished the job back in 1991 if they wanted their oil as well.

Unless you consider a country with the fourth-largest military, and a wannabe-Hitler dictator that killed off hundreds of thousands of his own people "helpless". Aside from their ties to terrorism, they had an active nuclear program, and had that matured the future result could have been catastrophic. In which case the world would be pointing fingers at the US - "Why didn't you do something about this before it happened?"

The funny thing is, when Iraq invaded Kuwait, the world was on our side. But when Iraq gassed its own citizens, barely anyone blinked.

Anyway, no more from me on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Not for a long time.

From the United States government : U.S. Total Crude Oil and Products Imports

Also, the US has been buying oil from Iraq for over 10 years.

This is very off-topic though.

Last edited by Vert1go : 21st November 2009 at 12:38.
Old 21st November 2009, 13:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Few posts are really good for

Anyway, I will just say we are
Old 22nd November 2009, 01:08   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Beats invading helpless countries full of oil, eh? Atleast all this PR bullcrap will keep him busy travelling to foreign countries to receive awards that he doesn't have time to do more damage than what has already been done by his predecessor.
please do your research before sprouting out some useless nonsense. This thread is just another one to bash America as usual on here. Its gone OT already!
Old 22nd November 2009, 03:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
This thread is just another one to bash America as usual on here. Its gone OT already!
As opposed to sticking to the topic and discussing what exactly? The man hasn't done anything to achieve this master status, so all we can discuss is what he had for lunch that day, I suppose. Also, remove the knots in your panties ladies, I never said they invaded countries for the oil, all I said was that they invaded countries full of oil. Argue all you want, the primary reason given by the US to invade Iraq was the presence of WMDs, which turned out to be fake. Their premise for invading and staying in the country was a bunch of lies, and they still chose to be there.
Old 22nd November 2009, 03:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

Well look at the number of Indian stars who themselves have got a doctorate from colleges all over the world. Why is everyone after him? This is simply a waste of time
Old 22nd November 2009, 04:53   #15
BHPian

Actually, WMDs were i fact discovered, though not widely reported. I would also argue that their active nuclear program constitutes a WMD issue - which was in violation of the UN.

FOXNews.com - Sarin, Mustard Gas Discovered Separately in Iraq - U.S. & World
FOXNews.com - Tests Confirm Sarin in Iraqi Artillery Shell - U.S. & World

If you ask me, I'm glad the US removed a dictator that murdered hundreds of thousands of people. I'm also glad Iraq no longer has the means to produce a nuclear weapon.

If they obtained this technology, what would you think of it?

Anyway, sorry for ranting, I just think there are issues here that we will never know about. The news agencies are not always the most reliable sources of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
As opposed to sticking to the topic and discussing what exactly? The man hasn't done anything to achieve this master status, so all we can discuss is what he had for lunch that day, I suppose. Also, remove the knots in your panties ladies, I never said they invaded countries for the oil, all I said was that they invaded countries full of oil. Argue all you want, the primary reason given by the US to invade Iraq was the presence of WMDs, which turned out to be fake. Their premise for invading and staying in the country was a bunch of lies, and they still chose to be there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks