Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 09:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Thanks Dr. Abhijeet. Even I was considering the same thing.

The only problem is once I shift to Bangalore, I am not sure I would get the time to go back again and chase the RTO for the NOC.

Thanks Joe Cherian, would be great if you can provide me the link to that ruling
find a reliable agent for all your RTO chores, . he will take money, but you wont have to chase anyone or anything.
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:50   #17
BHPian

you are moving???? Thanks for letting me know boss!! anyways go to bengaluru and find out the situation and if anything needed from here i will take care of it.
Old 14th April 2014, 11:04   #18
BHPian

Re: Shifting to Bangalore - Car Registration Reg

Hey,
Does the above still hold good 5 yrs later? I am planning to move to Bangalore in a couple of months and would like to get my 2011 Vento MH registered to Bangalore to stay there. Have any rules changed recently? Does anyone have any exact numbers on how much they had to shell when moving cars to Bangalore from other cities? [preferably more recent numbers]
Thanks,
kmadhok
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Hey,
Does the above still hold good 5 yrs later? I am planning to move to Bangalore in a couple of months and would like to get my 2011 Vento MH registered to Bangalore to stay there. Have any rules changed recently? Does anyone have any exact numbers on how much they had to shell when moving cars to Bangalore from other cities? [preferably more recent numbers]
Thanks,
kmadhok
Yes, the rule has changed. The new rule is that vehicles that will stay more than 30 days in KA has to be registered here

For your vento, I believe it would come around 60k or so (I assume you have already moved to BLR and have already paid that tax).

Now the questions I have about my '95 Premier Padmini are:

1) Since the car is more than 15 years old, is there an option to pay the tax for 2 or 5 years rather than 15 years?

2) Original purchase bill is required for the RTO to calculate the tax amount. I don't have the original purchase bill, would that be a problem here?
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:17   #20
BHPian

I am not sure of the first question, but for this one,

2) Original purchase bill is required for the RTO to calculate the tax amount. I don't have the original purchase bill, would that be a problem here?[/quote]

I got no invoice when I bought my first car. It was then probably insane to ask. Next time I will definitely ask.

No worries here, I guess there is a standard depreciation calculation based on an estimate which RTO keeps for all vehicles. So in case of misplaced invoice value, that should be considered.

Please correct me in case I am wrong coz I got to pay up the taxes soon.

Is there a refund of road tax policy by MAHARASHTRA RTO? I found no information related to this in their website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks