Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 12:09   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_inspector View Post
M&M doesnt need to have there own design or get it. I can supply and design and they will be able to make it just for me.
Wish things were really that simple! But it isnt!

Aircraft designs need to be approved by the FAA or in our case the DGCA before they can be registered. And you cant fly without a registration!

Therefore before an aircraft can be sold in the market, the design will have to be prototyped and test flown for a mandated number of hours before it is certified. It can only be sold after certification.

wrt costs: You can pink up a NAL Hansa-3 for 45 lakhs: the only aircraft of its class with lightning protection and full IFR capabilities. On the lowest end of the scale you should get an X-AIR Hanuman for around 13 lakhs.
Old 12th January 2010, 19:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
Wish things were really that simple! But it isnt!

Aircraft designs need to be approved by the FAA or in our case the DGCA before they can be registered. And you cant fly without a registration!

Therefore before an aircraft can be sold in the market, the design will have to be prototyped and test flown for a mandated number of hours before it is certified. It can only be sold after certification.
Sorry I should have been clearer on what i meant. I meant I can buy a licensed FAA approved and tested design for limited numbers and get someone else to manufacture it.

Cheers
Old 13th August 2011, 09:55   #18
BHPian

Re: Mahindra to launch private aircrafts!

Mahindra Aerospace's civilian plane NM5 may fly by Diwali - PTI -

Hope that the Pilot gets a comfortable seating position & the (rear?) suspension is sorted out for a smooth landing.

Cheers to Mahindra for venturing into Aerospace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks