God exists only in the human mind. 23 8.13%
Maybe there is something not definable by man. 93 32.86%
There is nothing such as GOD. 37 13.07%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2005, 22:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

I'm not all that religious but wn i think abt how all the life was created and all, i'm sure there is sumtin out there....and everyone call it GOD

I do belive in Godfathers tho
Old 20th August 2005, 01:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

I doubt anyone has ever seen God,and i refuse to buy these false stories from anyone either.I do believe in holy places a lot,but as far as God's existence is concerned........well.
For me God is Meditation.I try and take out time from my haywire schedule to sit back and meditate.

X
Old 20th August 2005, 09:00   #33
BHPian

My way of defining GOD is someone who has shown the right path of living happily in this world. GOD is there, there's no doubt about it, it's just depends the way you define Him, understand Him, and honestly things you expect out of Him.

IMHO, God is within everyone of us and I see Him in everything good around us, every person doing something good for this universe makes me realise his presence.

Whatever good is left in this world, is a reason....GOD EXISTS!!!

P.S: I strongly believe that every religion in the Universe was meant for the betterment of the world and its living beings. No religion has been ever preached to harm anyone. If only all we people realise this, the world will be a better place.
Old 20th August 2005, 13:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
hmm so what is the use of god without a religion?
when you think of god ..whose image do you see ?
do you see a ring of light hovering over your head or do you see jesus, lord shiva ,durga etc ?
i dont belive that there is any form of god.for me god is a word who's existence cannot be defined or proved.god as a word means nothing to me.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 20th August 2005 at 13:34.
Old 20th August 2005, 13:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

I believe in God as Creation.
Old 20th August 2005, 15:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

Topic of discussion is so vast and way beyond the scope of this (or any) online community.

If god exists, and he (it?) is beyond our imagination, so should be the dark forces. Without bad forces, there is no need for a good force. Without night, daylight has no meaning...

So, should I believe in his existence?

I don't know but here is an EYE WITNESS ACCOUNT of an encounter with the NETHERWORLD...

Warning: some scary reading.
Advice: If you have spare time, read the entire content (other pages) also. You will learn something about the left-handed tantra.

http://www.indiadivine.com/mystical-...e-tantrik1.htm

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 20th August 2005 at 15:51.
Old 20th August 2005, 20:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
i dont belive that there is any form of god.for me god is a word who's existence cannot be defined or proved.god as a word means nothing to me.
Just one thing here... You are too ignorant to question His existance, His definintion. Infact any human / living creature is.

There are somethings in the universe that man made sciences cannot justify. The reason is that we as humans do not have the powers to do so. A forum is too meeky to discuss the existence of God.

Mods: I see this going nowhere. Please close this thread.
Old 20th August 2005, 20:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye
Just one thing here... You are too ignorant to question His existance, His definintion. Infact any human / living creature is.

There are somethings in the universe that man made sciences cannot justify. The reason is that we as humans do not have the powers to do so. A forum is too meeky to discuss the existence of God.

Mods: I see this going nowhere. Please close this thread.
Err hawkeye, just as science cannot explain many phenomena, one cannot also scientifically prove the presence of God. Moreover, everyone has a right to his/her opinion. Let's respect that.
Old 20th August 2005, 21:57   #39
BHPian

"GOD" comes in many forms and ideas.... but the common factor in all of these forms is: Something beyond your reach.

Think about it, no one worships an ant/dog/worm or an idea that one "knows" about. I bet you will not find a single person on earth who would worship the '+' sign because it makes 2+2 = 4. At least not now. My point is that for anyone to believe in "GOD", the idea has to be "out of your reach" .

Even when a "GOD" is a human being, it's the persons' ideals/power/values that is beyond the worshipper that attract all the worship.

The bottom line is: We, as a race, will forever be worshipping "GOD". When we were cavemen, we worshiped fire/sun/moon or any other thing we could not wrap our heads around. Today we do the same. so will we tomorrow. Only thing that will change is: the form.
Old 21st August 2005, 00:30   #40
BHPian

and man , made god ............
Old 21st August 2005, 00:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

@merve - i really dont get how one can believe in something whic has no form..the very existence as you pointed out cannot be proven .. how does it help you in anyway? i believe there is a motive behind a mans thought and action ...these thought and actions are rought about by schemas which constantly enter a human brain ,with the help of such scehmas one defines the world and its elements in his/her own way ...
the notion of God in the human mind is similar...i feel there is a rational reason behind evry phenomenon...
Old 21st August 2005, 01:47   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Err hawkeye, just as science cannot explain many phenomena, one cannot also scientifically prove the presence of God. Moreover, everyone has a right to his/her opinion. Let's respect that.
That's what I said. Lets not discuss anything we cannot prove and justify. I never meant to offend anyone on this, but if I did that

No hard feelings
Old 21st August 2005, 02:24   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
@merve - i really dont get how one can believe in something whic has no form..the very existence as you pointed out cannot be proven .. how does it help you in anyway? i believe there is a motive behind a mans thought and action ...these thought and actions are rought about by schemas which constantly enter a human brain ,with the help of such scehmas one defines the world and its elements in his/her own way ...
the notion of God in the human mind is similar...i feel there is a rational reason behind evry phenomenon...
hey turbo i dont belive in god as such.for me it is something that humans cannot define.it is just a abstract definition.

never will man be able to find out why he exists so man will always belive that someone is above him because we are used to such hirercial definitions.god that we belive today are just a abstract picture of what we think god will be like and it will remain the same because man will never find the real god(if he exists).
Old 21st August 2005, 02:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye
That's what I said. Lets not discuss anything we cannot prove and justify. I never meant to offend anyone on this, but if I did that

No hard feelings
this is not a kind of argument,just a reflection about what different people think about GOD in today's scientifically oriented world.all have right to their opinion about god.like that if we see we cannot even prove why this earth exists in the first place.
Old 21st January 2008, 13:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Yes, GOD exists.

I have full faith in GOD. i am not among those who blindly believe in God just because our elders tell us about the existence of GOD. In these 21 years of my life i have earlier been an atheist questioning the existence of GOD and trying to logically prove that GOD does not exist through scientific explanations and later developing a strong belief in GOD from certain intense spiritual experiences that i have been experiencing since the past few years.
Now my faith in GOD is unbreakable.

I also believe in destiny, fate and reincarnation.

I can prove the concept of reincarnation.
We studied the 'LAW OF CONSERVATION OF ENERGY' in school and by now have forgotten it.
The law is as follows:-

LAW OF CONSERVATION OF ENERGY:

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can be converted from one form to another form. The total amount of energy in the universe always remains constant.

Note: 'It can be converted from one form to another form.'
Earlier there were dinosaurs, later there were the animals of the ice age such as the mammoths etc., then came the apes, homo sapiens, neanderthal men etc. and now human beings and other animals, insects, micro-organisms etc. live on earth. In this way the total amount of energy in the universe always remains constant and only the forms of energy change.

Every living organism has a 'SOUL'. And the energy that i am talking about is the 'SOUL'. All living organisms in the universe are merely clothes of the soul. And just like we throw away our old clothes, the soul throws away it's old clothes - which means death of the living organism.

When we say 'MAY HIS/HER SOUL REST IN PEACE', we mean to say that let his 'SOUL' get freed from the cycle of BIRTH AND DEATH and become a part of the 'PARAMAATMA' (GOD) - this is the process of attaining 'MOKSHA'.

Human life is the only form of life in which we can experience GOD and Pray to GOD.

Whatever we do - GOOD or BAD comes back to us. If our deeds are GOOD then we shall lead a GOOD life and if our deeds are BAD then we shall lead a BAD life.

If we perform bad deeds then we shall keep on taking rebirth and lead a life full of sufferings.

If we perform good deeds then our 'SOUL' shall get elevated and finally we shall get 'MOKSHA'.

I am 21 years old. I have not read the 'Mahabharata', Ramayana', 'Bhagavad Gita' or any such religious scriptures. I came to know all this through certain intense spiritual experiences and certain things which i have heard from people who know a lot about spirituality.
Today I consider myself fortunate that GOD has bestowed upon me this realization. I have come to know many things about life and how we are supposed to live. I wish this post of mine helps all of you in some or the other way.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks